Timepiece Photo + Video Reviews

59 | Smyrna, GA

59 Reviews for Timepiece Photo + Video

Mrs. · Married on 08/28/2010

Timepiece is very willing to negotiate. I loved the responsiveness of his emails, and putting together our video and mini-video clip satisfied my curiosity on how the video turned out. I have a few important pictures with someone video-taping in the background - but hopefully i can get that edited or something. When they arrived at the church they did not need any assistance from me and was not asking me questions -which I personally appreciated... it is a day you are getting married and if you hire someone to help they should be competent to do their job and they sure as heck were competent to do the job all by themselves. I loved this!
    I would definitely recommend timepiece for their professionalism, responsiveness and quality. They are a great group of people and I enjoyed having them as our videographer!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Alice · Married on 06/14/2014

Steve (our onsite videographer) and Aubrey (our full editor) did such an amazing job covering our beautiful wedding! They were able to capture all of the special moments and more! I would highly recommend this service to anyone! They will cater to your wants and needs and perfect it the way you want to remember your special day. We are all so please with how it turned out. We were a little hesitant to have a videographer but now that we have it and can watch it over and over again at our leisure we are SO glad we made this decision!

Sent on 08/30/2014
  • O

Emily · Married on 06/04/2011

I would Timepiece Videography to other brides. I compared the price of other videographers in the area and they were much more reasonably priced. I negotiated the package we received and had them film the ceremony and the entire reception. They did a good job - the DVDs are cute and include a photo montage to music. The first dance song got messed up at the wedding and they did an excellent job dubbing music over the video. The only complaint I have is that some of the video during the reception is very grainy. Other than that, they were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Timepiece Photo + Video's reply:

Thank you for your Review Orange & Pink Bride!
    A tip for all future brides, low or no lighting will result in a lower quality (grainy) picture; motion or still.
  • User5201354 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We decided to hire a videographer last minute and didn't want to break the bank. Timepiece Videography was available and we're very happy with the final product. We'll be able to remember the whole wedding day thanks to them.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Anita · Married on 09/29/2012

Until I got married, I never realized the value of a vendor who stays in the background. Timepiece Videography will set up without you realizing they are there which was amazing! Aubrey made all of the edits I requested very promptly and with utmost professionalism.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2012

Selecting Timepiece Videography (TPV) to film our wedding/reception was a very good decision! They were on time to the venue and were very professional. We received our DVDs promptly and the quality was great.

I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for videography and they were right within our budget, which was a plus.

Feedback to future brides: Timepiece is a great choice. Make sure you pay using a trackable method, e.g. PayPal, because my payment got lost in the mail. I would suggest that TPV get a PO Box, but that didn't deter me from using their service. They are overall a great vendor to work with! Thanks!

Sent on 08/09/2012
  • Spicy820

Shawn · Married on 08/16/2013

3.5
      3.0

Aubrey initially impressed my husband at our meeting. He seemed extremely professional...told us exactly what we wanted to hear and seemed very organized. He also was giving us a really good deal which I appreciated since we unexpectedly had to pay for the majority of our wedding. Unfortunately as I have too often learned, you get what you pay for. The initial full cut of our video was very poor . I emailed Aubrey explaining that I was disappointed with it and want to see many several changes. The corrections he made were barely an improvement and the end video had a very "amateur" vibe. Bad sound too! I just don't know where Aubrey was the whole time? He said there would be two videographers and that seems impossible based on the end result. I even asked him later if there were 2 that came and he didn't respond. We are missing tons of clips/footage! Some which were specific requests. There was hardly any "fun" footage of the dance floor, photo booth area, and band. I had specifically asked for cute shots of the junior bridesmaid/groomsmen and there were none. How do you miss the only two cute kids at a wedding, playing around and having fun together? He got nothing. He also didn't get any shots of the outside of the house which was the most beautiful part of our wedding venue... a gorgeous old white mansion. His response to not having this requested footage was extremely unapologetic. He did not answer why 1 camera person was missing, and why he didn't get the basic shots we requested. His response was extremely trite and not what you expect from a professional in this industry. One thing that really upset me is at our initial meeting we made a point of asking Aubrey to shoot guest interviews. We were adamant and he confirmed it all. He never admitted to dropping the ball on any of this and I think he should have offered some sort of refund. The video was overall pretty lame...I'm glad we at least captured our vows.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Hello,
    On the outset, as of 2016 TPM has 18 5.0 scores for an avg of 4.95 for the top 23 of 28 posted reviews. We have shied away from any reply because to some it sounds like a “he said/she said”. However we hope this is helpful with any hesitations you may have in trusting us with your special day. Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have.

TPM receives 5.0 scores regularly because we are among the best in the ATL video market. We provide high quality video and our goal is your satisfaction beyond your expectations. We have worked to explain what we can provide and what you should expect. There are occasions where we fail at managing those expectations. This review is older however I think it is worth explaining some of the comments made.

“you get what you pay for”
    -- With only 2k characters to respond: This particular couple expected a $3K package for an $800 price.

The corrections he made were barely an improvement…
    --As of 2016 Timepiece Media has shot +100 Weddings. In this time we have had 2-3 couples who feel they received less than expected. We cannot film anything that does not happen; Children playing, interviews, “cute shots”, etc.

don't know where Aubrey was
    --We take pride in being behind the scenes. 99% of our clients do not want us in their guest’s faces so we have purchased long lenses in order to stay in the background.

The video was overall pretty lame...I'm glad we at least captured our vows.
    --The most shocking part of this review is that this particular couple paid 40-50% of the original package price in 2013 ($700-$800). They expected a premium package while paying less than the basic price. They did not utilize the full time frame for Video changes (10 days) and wanted more footage than what was available. No request for a refund was ever asked for. No post event "freebie" suggested.

Forgive the short reply but we are allotted 2k characters. Please feel free to email us with any questions.

Nia · Married on 06/08/2014

2.4
      2.0

We hired Aubrey to do a our wedding because we liked the quality of his demo videos. We also had a good vibe when we initially talked to him and seemed like we had good communication with him. He seemed organized with his work and had experience doing multicultural weddings. There were some scenes that were mixed up in the video that we wished would have been fixed. Aubrey did offer to do another re-edit to fix this but we asked him for the digital file so we can edit it our self. He agreed to send us the digital file at no additional cost.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Hello,
    With only one substantive criticism it is hard to explain why we received such a low score compared to the overwhelming love and appreciation we receive from our many clients. However in response to this Review:
    --"There were some scenes that were mixed up in the video that we wished would have been fixed." --
    This event was a reception only with almost no activities or traditional American events. In order to spice it up we shifted around some clips in between all the socializing and dancing to make the video more appealing. We offered to make the changes requested but were not given the opportunity.

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

0.4
      0.5

I hate leaving this review because I liked the guys who worked our wedding but was hideously disappointed to not receive any footage of my dad walking me down the aisle or being announced husband and wife because all the cameras set up were stationary. They didn’t take into account everyone would stand (as they always do) for the bridal march or announcement. We also paid for the documentary package and most expensive option but received only roughly a half hour video instead of the 2 hour video the package stated because of lack of quality footage. Additionally, we have no photos of our rings, invitations, with bouquets and all photos were shot in the same spot despite having acres of beautiful land to choose from. Our photos are basically portraits without any magic or creativity or artistic touches and lacked desirable editing. We were offered no refund and obviously there is no way to fix missing such important footage. I think they would be great for a straightforward event but I cannot ever recommend them for a wedding.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Timepiece Photo + Video's reply:

At Timepiece Films we work harder each event to fine-tune our process from our pre-consultation to the edit suggestions of our final videos and photos. We have a wonderful track record over 8 years and hundreds of clients (35 - 5.0 Reviews and 8 - 4.5+ Reviews), however there are times we have made mistakes or not performed to our standards or the expectations of our clients. We have never done so intentionally. This wedding was 16 months ago. We are shocked to hear these complaints so far after the event. Here are the responses to the specific issues mentioned:

We had to make a choice for the Processional; who would be at the front aisle due to the space of the church. There was not enough room for a photographer, the Groom and a Videographer for the eye-line of the bridal party. The Videographer was told to move to the side but was able to capture the last half of the brides entrance down the aisle.

We were able to shoot the introductions on steady cam. This is in the video.

The video did not reach (*the maximum of) 2 Hours due to each event being truncated. Every event was captured for as long as it lasted. Short ceremony, short dances, short toasts = short video.

Bouquets were photographed. However we did miss the rings and invitations.

It is unfortunate that the client did not voice any style preferences during our Pre-consulation, however they received 945 Photos in the style that is fully represented on our website.