Time Passages Wedding Photography Reviews

38 | Ephrata, PA

38 Reviews for Time Passages Wedding Photography

Victoria Gesford · Married on 10/06/2018

Fall brewery wedding

Time passages photography was awesome to work with. We found them a little last minute but JM made the time to make sure all was ready for our big day. He is very detail oriented and his assistant Sammy was also very talented. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Kiersten · Married on 09/16/2017

Super awesome, fun to work with, and great ideas!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jobina · Married on 09/03/2017

Jean Maurice did a wonderful job of capturing our wedding day.....from the classic to candid shots! We are very happy we choose Time Passages Photography and would recommend them for your special day! Jobina and Rich

Sent on 10/18/2017

Alexis · Married on 06/24/2017

Our pictures could not have turned out better! Jean Maurice was fantastic and did everything we asked and more! He captured all of the perfect moments and then some!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Tania and Craig · Married on 11/07/2015

We had a very good experience with this vendor. You can tell that he cares and puts his whole heart into his business and that he enjoys what he does which is great because he took our wedding very seriously. He is also very personable. He works with you the whole time and and is very detail oriented and gets to know you and your wedding before the big day which was very important to us. Also, he stays in touch with you after the wedding about anything you ordered from him like pictures, albums, etc.

Sent on 05/01/2016

ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

Jean-Maurice was great! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Jean-Maurice & Ellen did a fantastic job at our wedding, orchestrating our wedding pictures and getting great shots of our friends and family! We didn't even notice them from the ceremony onwards, which is what we wanted in order to enable us to focus on our guests and have a great time. They gave great suggestions on poses/pictures and we are looking forward to working with them to finalize our wedding album!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cathy · Married on 08/29/2015

We thoroughly enjoyed working with time passages he was very professional and fun to work with

Sent on 11/18/2015

Andrea · event on 06/13/2015

Jean-Maurice was wonderful during my parent's wedding anniversary party. He captured all the shots that made this day special. He was professional and very courteous. I would recommend him for anyone in need of a photographer.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Shanna · Married on 09/12/2014

If you are looking for truly talented professionals, look no further! From our engagement session that was in Ocean City, MD to the wedding Jean-Maurice and Ellen were fantastic! They came prepared with great ideas and helped realize my ideas too. They put the couple first and I couldn't be happier with the results. I will definitely be recommending them to my friends that are getting married in the future!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Bill · Married on 07/05/2014

JM and Ellen did a fabulous job at our wedding! Attention to detail was right on. They made our day seemless. The photos taken were great! We are still having a hard time figuring out what to put in our album! We highly recommend JM and give him 5 stars in all.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Bill · Married on 07/05/2014

JM was great! Very friendy and professional photographer for a reasonable price. We are very pleased with the way JM handled everything! We highly recommend Time Passages to anyone.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Christine · Married on 06/14/2014

JM & Ellen were excellent to work with. I was an out of town bride and they worked with my mom and I beautifully without a snag. JM adjusted our package to our needs so we could get everything we wanted. Ellen and her assistant were our photographers. Ellen even made an hour drive to meet with me for 25 minutes at my parent's house when I was in town for 2 days so we could meet in person before the wedding day - talk about going out of your way! They did a great job of capturing our day and the pictures are beautiful! Make sure your groomsmen are ready to cooperate with the photographers after the ceremony! We left an hour and it wasn't enough to get everything we wanted because the guys just wanted to go drink and have fun, don't blame them but it made Ellen's job a little more difficult I'm sure.

The only thing minor I can say is to come prepared with what you want - we are picture awkward so we didn't really know what to do or what exactly to do so I wish we would have gotten more different poses of us and with me and the girls but that's no fault of theirs! Ellen still managed to get some stunning pictures regardless so kudos to her!

Also, make sure you are ready in time! The groomsmen were obviously ready way before the ceremony and got some GREAT, fun pictures. We weren't ready early like I would have liked because of something beyond our control with the hotel and so we the girls didn't get quite as many as we would have liked. The ones we did get were great though so it's not really a complaint just a suggestion to other brides! Go for the unlimited time, it's well worth it!!!

Thank you JM, Ellen and Ellen's assistant from the bottom of our hearts and sorry our friends were difficult!!! ;)

Sent on 07/08/2014

Time Passages Wedding Photography's reply:

There is no need to be sorry. what counts is that everybody had a good time.

Cheers and all the very best
    Jean-maurice
  • User3206209 · 2+ years ago

Lovely to work with and never made pictures feel like a bit too much of a hassle (at too many weddings, it is hours of "go find cousin sonny" and "now you move before her and lean your chin on her nose").

The first time we met in person, my fiance and i were hours late bc of a freak, unexpected storm that shut down traffic on 12/26/13. Jean-Maurice was beyond patient, even insisting we enjoy our trial dinner (late for that too!!) until we convinced him to come sit with us.

for me, though, photographers are about after, not before or even (barring disaster) during. truth-be-told...i had a 1st marriage where the people pretty much took the money and ran....NOTHING of that sort here. Incredibly response and very good about adjusting to delays (family emergencies) on our end.

it's amazing how few reasonable packages include an album these days, i think they figure you have all the pics an can do what you want. having a printed but modern album was a requirement fr me. we were able to select what went in, he build a draft, and then we went back and forth until it felt right. once we got the album, we were blown away...gorgeous and yet simple too, which fits our simple styles.

Recommend for: 1) Good Value; 2) Willingness to work with silly quirks (yes, that IS my teddy bear in one photo and serving as a wallpaper of sorts on another page); 3)Responsiveness (it took a long time but we take all the blame for that); 4) Importance of a Pair (Jean-Maurice and Ellen pair well and enable one to catch girls prep which the other went with the boys.

Sent on 03/15/2015

jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

we absolutely loved having jean Maurice and ellen be a part of our wedding day! the pictures turned out better than I could have imagined. I will always recommend time passages in the future! such a great price for what you're getting!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Time Passages Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you. It was a Pleasure to be part of your wedding day.

Tracey · Married on 09/06/2013

Absolutely loved Jean Maurice and his assistant, Ellen. They were wonderful to work with, and we have beautiful pictures of our wedding day! Couldn't be happier. It is so important who you choose as your photographer; at the end of the day all you have is the photos to look back on. I am so happy we chose Time Passages, and recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Linette · Married on 03/09/2013

Jean-Maurice and Ellen are the best! If you are looking for a great team to photograph your special event, look no further. The two of them combine to produce amazing results. They both have an eye for artistic shots and ensure that you and your guests are presented in the best manner possible. They are laid back and easy to work with, not to mention fun! I was thrilled when I saw the photos from our wedding and am having an extremely difficult time choosing my favorites! I highly recommend Time Passages Photography to any couples out there looking for the very best team to capture their special day!

Sent on 03/29/2013

We had an amazing experience from our engagement photos to our wedding day using Time Passages! Jean and his assistant are remarkable! They are kind, fun to work with and so flexible. He does a wonderful job for a great price. I would highly encourage you to call him to book since he books up quite fast. We can't wait to use them again someday down the road!

Sent on 12/06/2012

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/01/2012

I cannot say enough great things about Jean-Maurice! First and foremost-- He LISTENS. And if there is anything a bride needs, is someone who has her wants at heart. He is prompt at responding to emails, and direct in his answers. He is probably the BEST PRICED photographer I have come across, who delivers some of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen. I wanted journalistic, non-posy shots...and that's exactly what I got! He was flexible with date and time, and I didn't get a kid who works for him, I GOT HIM....the engagement session (which is what this was...) was thrown into my package, and calmed any and all nerves I had about the wedding day as far as pictures go. He made sure he got the shot--every time. We wanted to have rifles...and I wanted to be at the state homestead park-- and he did literally EVERYTHING to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. He is SO GENUINELY NICE!! He made us laugh and feel comfortable. He let me take risks with our picture shots..us in the water...me up in trees..did I mention our rifles?? He made a comment about using our pictures on his site, and I truly hope he does, with how amazing they turned out, they will truly bring in great business which he definitely deserves...the man knows his way around a camera...and I could not be more excited for the wedding day! If anyone would like to see the work he did for us Id be MORE THEN HAPPY to show you...I just cannot say enough nice things!!!

THANK YOU JM!! FOR EVERYTHING =) CANT WAIT FOR OUR WEDDING PICTURES!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Laura · Married on 08/11/2012

Time Passages did a wonderful job on our photos. John Maurice spent a lot of personal time with us at our engagement shot/wedding and they really went above and beyond to little things for us. The wedding pictures are beautiful and the on-line viewing is really neat!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2012

Jean-Maurice and Ellen were absolutely fabulous! They were very flexible and took pictures wherever we wanted. They made the day easier as I did not have to worry about them at all. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/22/2012

dawn · Married on 09/17/2011

Highly recommend! They were great.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Erin · Married on 07/09/2011

Absolutly wonderful to work with! Provided great service at a reasonable price. Beautiful pictures!

Sent on 07/31/2011

Jean-Maurice is not only an amazing photographer, but also an amazing person. He was recommended through my father, and ever since the first meeting, we felt like he was an old friend. Jean-Maurice was very flexible with us when we rescheduled our date, and was in constant contact with us the entire time. I really like the ability to complete transactions online. Our guests loved the photocards with our photography website on it. Now everyone can order their own prints online. Our pictures were beautiful. You can tell that Jean-Maurice really cares about capturing the special moments of the day. He truely enjoys working with people and is extremely talented at what he does. His assistant Ellen was also awesome. She helped me stay calm before the ceremony and made me relax more than my own family. The pair of them made our dream wedding day a reality. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2011
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/07/2011

Jean-Maurice, where to even start? This man was absolutely incredible. His website is what initially hooked me in. I was planning a wedding in Lancaster, PA from Philadelphia, so I couldn't just pop into different studios to check out collections. Thus, having a website was crucial and Jean-Maurice really takes time to make his website nice.
    The first time my husband and I met him was about 4 months before the wedding and he was just sweet as pie. We met somewhere in Ephrata on our way to a Christmas festivity and he bought us each a beer. We sat and talked and you could tell he was really excited to capture the moments that were important to us.
    About one week before the wedding, I met him alone at a small cafe and he bought me lunch. It felt like I was sitting with an old friend. Again, he wanted to go over things one last time and make sure all of the bases were covered.
    I was nervous about rain, but it wound up being the most perfect, beautiful day outside, so we went to F&M's campus to take some photos. I highly suggest this if you marry at The Mulberry Art Studio... it can be a little dark.
    His assistant was Ellen. I was so incredibly nervous right before I met with my husband to take pictures and she just kept saying, relax. I hardly noticed her in the room besides that. She got some great photos and didn't take any naked ones that I'm aware of. Sorry to jump around... I also like the JM let's you make payments online. For us, the venue and caterer were cash only and 100% of the money was due upfront. Thus, it was nice to be able to have a credit card payment option through Time Passages.
    The photos were up on the website the day we returned from the honeymoon. I am so happy with the results.
    I ordered the package with the CD, so I'm excited to get that so I can really go through them and order some prints I really like.
    He keeps your photos for 5 years or so. So, if you are anything like us... meaning you went over budget, you can order an album after you recover from the wedding costs.
    Hands down, I would book him again... perhaps when we are expecting.
    Please email me if you have any questions, I know I rambled a lot.

Sent on 05/31/2011