Time of your life djs Reviews

102 | New Braunfels, TX

102 Reviews for Time of your life djs

Megan · Married on 02/03/2018

2.4
      1.5
      3.0
      1.5

Pete was friendly, responsive, and organized from the beginning. Besides his comment to me when we sat down for the first time - he knew i had just come from my first hair trial and he tried to be funny by asking “I thought you already got your hair done?” Although this was meant to be lighthearted, i was already self conscious about my hair and it was not something a bride wants to hear. But we moved past it and still decided to book him since his prices couldn’t be beat. Then the wedding day came...

The whole point of a DJ is to keep the crowd dancing and having fun and to do that, you have to blend the songs together and play like 1-2 mins of a song and then blend into the next. Instead, he played the entire song and people got bored of them. They were not blended. My computer could’ve done his job. But, That's a DJs job.

He also took requests but wouldn't play them if he thought they were "dirty". He wouldn't play Pharrell Williams "Happy" because he thought it was dirty. DEFINITELY not a dirty song. My sister in law requested “remix to ignition”. He had never heard of it. He played the actual ignition. Not the remix. Which is soooo raunchy and slow and not a dancing song. So my brother told him no this is wrong and he told my brother off and that that was the song my sister in law requested and that he and my sister in law are now both cut off from making requests.

To top It off I had told him NOT to play line dancing songs. I said he could do Cupid shuffle if It was requested a lot, but to NOT play copperhead road no matter what. Well he played it and then had the decency to come over during It and ask me if I would mind writing him a review online. I definitely don’t think interrupting my conversations was the time or place, he could’ve waited until the next few days like other vendors did, but instead he chose to be tacky and do It during a song i said to absolutely not play.

If you are looking for someone cheap, he is your guy. But beware.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Time of your life djs's reply:

Megan, my apologies that your wedding experience was not what you hoped for. I recall the guests dancing quite a lot during the reception. Had I known that you wanted shorter versions of songs, I would have endeavored to make that happen. Regarding explicit lyrics, I generally avoid these during weddings unless previously agreed upon with the wedding couple. By the way, I love the song "Happy" by Pharrell, so it sounds like there may have been a miscommunication.

For individuals reading this review, please refer to my other 95 reviews on Wedding Wire. Thanks!

Sherry · Married on 03/02/2015

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

Would never hire pete Agian or recomend him, he was just very unprofessional, no tact, obnoxious and rude, he is not into being a Dj anymore . all positive reviews years ago as you follow the years ro current you can see a trend.... he just dosent care and seems to be doing it for a paycheck, he sound all nice at first, but if he dosent like your ideas or songs he is very opinionated, you have to watch him at the wedding as he will blurt out inappropriate things and lord if things are not going according to schedule, he will handle it in the most unprofessional manor. Several of our other venders and family complained about him, we asked him to play the last song so he would just go away and leave, he was like a pesky fly bothing u all night, you could tell he didnt even want to be there, he also changed the price on us and i almost left with out signing the contract, but he trys to smooth talk you back, he was given by email and verbal our time line and he could never seem to keep it straight, he even showed up to the wedding saying you told me it strated at 530, of which i had my copy i hand to show him, i really tryed hard to give him a chance and thought hes just confused and wants to do a good job, but that was not the case, at one point he headded to the bridal suite to rush the bride of which he was stopped, i mean who does that, just so unprofessional! I texted him several days after the wedding to see if he had any remorse , but as of today i have had not responsed and im so disappointed with him
    So i felt this would help someone else and that would be a positive thing. The planner who recommended him has taken him off her referal list, she had heard a few other brides talk about his degrading jokes and commits as well, so i would be very careful

Sent on 05/29/2018