Tim Ryan Smith Reviews

Tim Ryan Smith 2
Tim Ryan Smith 3
Tim Ryan Smith 4
Tim Ryan Smith 5

We valued the photographer more than any other vendor and focused our resources appropriately. Tim is truly the best photographer there is. First of all, he is talented beyond belief so incredibly creative, in this case a picture is truly a thousand words because I can't give enough praise. We knew he was our guy from the reviews alone but after meeting him for less than 30 seconds it was a no brainer. He has a calm presence, patient and very adaptable/flexible, which are all qualities that are equally important in our book since he will be by your side on that very special day so we wanted someone whose company we could enjoy. Although his work is that good if that didn't apply we may have overlooked it, but he is the real deal and the whole package. In addition to his creativity what stood him apart was his willingness to listen to achieve our vision in collaboration with providing his own ideas. We were so relieved that he gave us direction especially because we don't do photo shoots every day and it can be a little nerve wrecking. The engagement shoot gave us a taste of what to expect so we were happy we had the opportunity to do that. The pics for both engagement and wedding were absolutely phenomenal. When we've shown pictures to our friends and family, as much as they loved the pics of us, they all wanted to know who the photographer was.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Tim was AMAZING!!! he met with us for a consult in NYC, then came out to CT for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He is very laid back and relaxed during all of the events! He takes a little while to get you the pictures but they are totally worth the wait!

Sent on 08/29/2013

I absolutely love Tim! He is super flexible and wiling to give you exactly what you want! He takes great outdoor pictures and is a ton of fun to work with!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/20/2009

My wedding pictures tell the story beautifully. I will treasure them forever!

Sent on 01/12/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2009

Tim Ryan is a wonderful photographer with a great eye. When we got our pictures back we could NOT BELIEVE all of the places he had been (during our ceremony, reception, above the dance floor in a roof rafter (who knows?!)...he is like an invisible presence that beautifully captures your crazy, intimate, wonderful moments.

I highly, highly recommend him for your special day.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Selena · Married on 09/22/2009

My wedding day was four months ago and my guests still tell me what a fabulous photographer we had!

I honestly cannot recommend Tim highly enough. The photos he took at my wedding were exactly what my husband and I were looking for. Tim took charge when he needed to, but was also completely unobtrusive most of the time. He captured our day perfectly!

Thank you Tim!!!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Laura · Married on 08/01/2009

Tim was an absolute joy to work with, and the photos from our wedding came out beautifully. He met with us several times informally in the months leading up to our wedding, which gave him a good sense of who we were, what we were hoping for, what our wedding and reception would be like, and what to expect from us, our friends, and our family. From that, he was able to anticipate and respond to what was going on around us throughout the day, resulting in an amazing array of photos that capture both the anxiety and excitement leading up the ceremony, and above all the sheer joy of the entire event!

Sent on 01/15/2010

Susan · Married on 06/20/2009

my review says it all... i got amazing wedding pictures from Tim... He did a great job in capturing moments that I am enjoying now.. Tim was very professionl and easy to work with.... If I have to recommed a photographer for any events that would be Tim...

Sent on 01/14/2010

Brittney · Married on 01/02/2009

TR was an absolute dream. He was so laid back and made me feel so at ease on my wedding day. He is incredibly easy to work with and takes things as they come. His pictures are absolute works of art and he really has the ability to tell the story of your special day. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 02/15/2010

Jeannie Garber · Married on 06/14/2008

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the quality of Tim Ryan's work. We knew the moment we met Tim Ryan and saw his body of work that he was the photographer we would use to capture our wedding day. Tim Ryan has a pleasant presence: observant and warm.

On our wedding day he captured so many great shots, and managed to blend right in with our wedding guests. He was put to the test when a torrential summer storm hit, but he rolled with it, got wet and took awesome shots of the crazy storm. Tim Ryan's work has great scope, from photographing the smallest of details to portraying themes and personalities. He is amazing. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/11/2008

Kelly · Married on 09/05/2010

Tim is absolutely wonderful... very relaxed & easy-going but professional and really knocked the formal-family portraits the day-of, in order for us to get back to the party. Check out his website and you'll fall in love with his work! I encourage the engagement session b/c it's a nice to work with him before the big day! He's awesome!!! ...check him out!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Monique · Married on 10/29/2016

We are so happy we went with Tim for our wedding photography. Neither my husband nor I love taking pictures, but Tim said he would make it as natural as possible and he truly did! He took the time to get to know us and our style prior to the wedding, helped us organize what kind of shots we wanted and then day of did exactly what we spoke about. It was amazing- no one felt like they spent the entire day taking pictures- and the pictures were BEAUTIFUL and exactly the style we wanted- candid & natural looking. He even was able to get my nieces to smile for some pictures- not an easy feat! Thank you Tim!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Kate · Married on 08/24/2012

If you’re looking for a calm, laid-back photographer who has an excellent eye, then Tim is your guy. Tim’s photos are creative without being corny. He beautifully captures the emotions of your big day, seemingly effortlessly - he’s soft spoken and casual, and blends in like he’s one of your buddies. I really appreciated how relaxed Tim was – I’ve participated in weddings where the photographers were loud, bossy & borderline obnoxious – Tim was the opposite. None of his pictures felt posed – he’s great at capturing the casual moments of the day, but still grabbing the genuine emotions. He may take a little while to create your actual albums, but once received, they’re beautiful – clean, crisp, modern and extremely artistic!

Sent on 11/06/2013