134 Reviews for Holmes Catering and Events

Vegetarian (3)
Gluten Free (2)
Set Up (1)
Italian (1)

Excellent food in taste and quantity; wonderfully hospitable owner and staff

Profile Picture Linda, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great service. Great food! Everyone was very pleased!

Profile Picture Valentina , 5/17/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Italian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Set Up

Our Wedding and reception was yesterday 12-30-17 Lions Gate Manor n Spartanburg! Holme Catering did a superb job! We cannot say enough about how beautiful everything from the good food to the spectacular service provided by them . The food was delicious! There decor was more than I ever dreamed ! Every detail was met with great planning ! The value was awesome! Would highly use them and recommend them ! Tim Holmes Catering!!! 5 Stars !! Trudy and Allen

Profile Picture Trudy, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

HOLMES CATERING IS “THE ABSOLUTE BEST” CATERER YOU COULD CHOOSE! Hands down, Tim Holmes provides the best food, the best presentation, the best service possible, all at reasonable prices. Tim, as well as everyone on his staff, are a joy to work with! We are so glad we chose Holmes Catering to do our daughter’s reception & have absolutely no regrets, only tons of compliments from our guests who could not say enough about their work! The guest favorites were the beef tenderloin, shrimp and grits, sausage skewers and Mediterranean style antipasti salad. The lavish silver décor was elegant & decadent!
Holmes catering takes pride in doing things with excellence and integrity & were such a blessing to our family at every turn! Tim was instrumental in navigating us through the wedding process & his expertise was invaluable in making the right food choices, the best ideas for décor for our particular venue, & the right decisions regarding what type & number of rentals we needed. Their warehouse is filled with options for décor styles of every kind to choose from. It was WONDERFUL to be able to have one vendor for both the food service & the rentals & not have to try to coordinate one more vendor into such a busy time. Tim went above & beyond expectations to make our daughter’s special day be all it could be! We NEVER worried about them not upholding their end & in fact Tim personally stepped up to help in a big way, without a word of complaint when another vendor had to leave un-expectantly at a critical time in our reception. The guests never knew there was an issue nor did he disrupt our celebration with it, he just took care of it. They are professional, knowledgeable, & patient as well as a calming presence in an industry filled with many variables & much stress. They always respond to emails/calls in a timely manner & simply could not have done a better job for us! They have an OUTSTANDING REPUTATION in the catering industry and now I know it is WELL DESERVED!

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: American, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception

The entire wedding process with Holmes Catering was fantastic! Communication was always open and emails were always answered promptly. The staff was nice and willing to help you get exactly what you wanted for your big day! You are able to go to tastings to help you better pick the food out that you'd want for your event. The food is AMAZING! Everything tasted great and I got SO many compliments on the food. Seriously everyone told me that the food was fantastic! The entire serving staff was very sweet and worked very hard to provide good service to all of our guests. The presentation of the food was beautiful as well. If you want food that tastes amazing and at a reasonable price - Holmes Catering is your go to!

Profile Picture Corinne, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, American

Holmes Catering is the BEST catering service in the country! The food at my wedding reception in July was delicious, and the presentation was absolutely beautiful! The flowers and other decorations Holmes Catering provided for reception room was exquistely displayed! I was extremely pleased with the service, the professionalism, as well asthe concern given my reception. Tim Holmes, and his wife Margi, and the most caring and accomodating people I have encountered in the catering business. I HIGHLY recommend Holmes Catering and The Lion's Gate Manor!

Profile Picture Loretta, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Buffet, Stations

Incredible food, presentation and service. Our guests are still raving about our daughter's reception.

A big thank you to the Tim Holmes team!

Profile Picture Bill, 6/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Tim Holmes did an amazing job with our menu for our reception. When we met with him, he was willing to listen to our ideas and he also offered us unique, delicious options. Every wedding guest who I have talked to since has mentioned how amazing and delicious the food looked and tasted! Especially our cinnamon roll icing fountain, which even our wedding planner said she had never seen before. I would recommend Holmes Catering for any event you need!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/23/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were awesome! Food was Great! Staff was wonderful to work with! From the first time we talked, they were helpful, patient & went above our expectations! Have recommended them many times since the wedding. We had more people RSVP than we expected, & Holmes didn't miss a beat in upping our order. During reception, staff was extremely helpful & professional.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Tim and his staff were superb! They met all of our needs and more. They were so easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Tim Holmes Catering and the use of Lion's Gate Manor (our Venue) to any Bride and her family. Lion's Gate Manor is gorgeous! So many of our guest commented on the beauty of the Venue.
After the wedding my daughter commented that this was the most amazing night of her life! I totally agree. Tim and your staff, thank you for making this happen for my daughter!! It was a totally magical evening.

Profile Picture Coral, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We used Holmes catering for rehearsal dinner and reception. Everything was fantastic! From the professionalism of the team to the displays on the table, to the taste of the food...all was excellent. We couldn't have been more pleased! Thank you Holmes Catering for making our day special!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Food was our top priority for our wedding. We couldn't have been more thrilled with our choice. The planning process with Sarah was a breeze and she was beyond helpful in answering every little question I had throughout the year of planning. The food was exceptional (we are still getting compliments from guests!). But what really stood out to us was the service that was provided at our wedding. Our team of servers was unbelievably amazing. They went out of their way to make sure it was the best day ever, right down to boxing up some leftovers to send home with us. We couldn't recommend Holmes any more highly!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, American
4.1

We decided to go with Holmes Catering after tasting their Buffalo Chicken Dip. If that one item was that good, we knew the rest of their food would be outstanding. We did not want a traditional meat and three buffet style meal or even a plated meal, we wanted all of our favorite foods. We had a cocktail hour with tomato soup shooters and antipasto skewers. For dinner we had a breakfast station (biscuit bar with jelly's, gravy's, etc, grits bar, frittata, bacon, and sausage), an Italian station (chicken picatta, bruschetta, pasta, marinara sauce, and fried ravioli), meat lovers station (pulled pork sliders, kielbasa skewers, freshly cooked kettle potato chips), and of course the buffalo chicken dip with pita chips and for something green, we had a Cesar salad bar too. The food was amazing. All of our guests raved that everything was wonderful and the best wedding food they've ever had and we agree! Their staff took care of us, made sure that we had a taste of everything and that we actually ate throughout the night. The presentation was beautiful too, they catered not only to our outside the box menu but also to the style and feel of the whole wedding. Our wedding was at a new venue in the area that their team hadn't used before so initially we (and our wedding day coordinators) got a LOT of push back on the menu and set up. We definitely thought they could have been nicer and more open. It took some coaxing to get them to do everything we wanted but after seeing the space, they were able to do everything we asked and we ended up being pleased with the outcome.

Aside from the wonderful food and service, a helpful thing to know is that they prepare for a heavy eater so we ordered for our exact number of guests and we didn't run out of food. Some things were mostly gone while others there were some leftovers, but not an overwhelming amount.

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/15/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Stations

I had been to several weddings catered by Tim Holmes and knew they would be my number one choice. The initial meeting with Sarah was wonderful and I love the fact that we got to attend a tasting event so we could really finalize our menu. We had to make a lot of last minute changes and Sarah and her team were more than willing to work with us and were very accommodating and sweet about it. The food was AMAZING! I feel that was all our guests talked about that night was how great the food was and everyone kept asking who our caterer was so they could recommend to others. They also have such an attention to detail and the decor for their food tables is also outstanding.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

The very first thing my husband and I knew before we had made any other decisions about our wedding was that we wanted Tim Holmes Catering. He has the best reputation and food in the Upstate. We did a dinner buffet that included a salad, green beans, parmesan crusted chicken, peppercorn beef tenderloin, rolls, a mashed potato bar, buffalo chicken dip and spinach dip. The food was so amazing! The presentation of the food was perfect. They can make anything look beautiful! They made a special area for my husband, our parents and I to eat our dinner and not be interrupted. They catered to our every need making sure we were taken care of. Not only was the food and everything that was displayed perfect, the staff went above and beyond. They were all so professional and kind. They did all of the decorating and all of the clean up. My family and I did not have to worry about a single thing. They did anything we would ask of them. I'm so thankful for them and everything they did for us. If you are unsure whether or not they are for you, I can promise that they have so many different options and everything is so tasty! Check them out you'll thank yourself later!

Profile Picture Erica, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet
1.7

The owner, Tom Holmes, is very nice and easy to deal with, but the lady in the office, Sarah, was a nightmare. She was the most rude of all vendors I worked with for my wedding. She had a bad attitude every time we spoke, and she was very hard to work with. The people serving the food at the wedding were great, but the food itself was not that good! The pork sliders were good, but if you want good chicken, don't use Holmes catering. They brought a different chicken than what we had agreed on, and it was dry, cold, and tasted terrible! Save your money and use a different caterer.

Profile Picture Mandy, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you are looking for delicious food, good service, and very reasonable prices, Tim Holmes catering is a great choice! Everyone has been raving about our food, the displays were beautiful, everything was right on time, and the wait staff did an amazing job! My only sadness was that I didn't get to eat much food (nerves and tight dress), and our to-go boxes slipped through the cracks somehow and we never got them. I highly recommend them to all future brides!

Profile Picture Charis, 9/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Can't say enough good things about Tim Holmes Catering. Easy to work with and the food was incredible. Beef tenderloin was a hit. We didn't have to worry about decorating the food tables because they had decorations to match the decor including copper serving dishes! We also had awesome ice cream bar for a July wedding. Warehouses full of decor. Beautiful mirrored table for wedding cake, gigantic framed menu board and more. Loved it all.

Profile Picture Tammi, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food is great and all the extra caters that come along to help are fantastic! He is very professional and has a lot of extra decorations that you can used during your reception.

Profile Picture Neely, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Plenty of food, everyone can go back for seconds. It tastes great and you get the most for your money. We used for rehearsal dinner and wedding reception.

Profile Picture User6815483, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American

We looked at multiple upstate caterers and chose Tim Holmes Catering because they beat everyone else on flexibility, cost, venue knowledge, and customer service. Our wedding was for 215 people and dozens came up to us afterwards praising the food (tenderloin was a favorite) and the service. We had two buffets and a couple stations. Each option was decorated in a style that matched our wedding theme and the venue. Maybe one of the biggest things that set THC from the rest is their vast WAREHOUSES full of decor. We didn't even need a separate rental company because we used all of their decorations for centerpieces, tablecloths, gift table, etc. It was also much easier to stick with one vendor for tablecloths, food, decor, etc instead of having to juggle multiple other vendors. We chose Tim Holmes Catering because the food tasted great and the price was right but what we got in return was a very knowledgeable staff, unparalleled resources, and more than we could have ever dreamed of.

Profile Picture User6770448, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
Services Used: American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

The food was amazing, and the staff was so nice. Love all of the beautiful decor that they bring with them. Very pleased.

Profile Picture Kendal, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Would highly recommend Holmes Catering for your wedding food! We had a wonderful experience planning our menu and the logistics with Sarah. She knows a lot about weddings and a lot about many venues in the Upstate which made it easy to ask questions. We booked a few appetizers for cocktail hour, a buffet for dinner, and had the team pick up and pass out Chick Fil A sandwiches as a late night snack. Wow! Service was wonderful. One woman in particular was extremely attentive to my husband and I--providing a few snacks after photos, having the salads pre-made ready at our sweetheart table, making us full plates so we didn't have to go through the line and could keep talking to guests, and cleaning up quickly. Our guests complimented the food countless times...it's of course all delicious! Be sure to check out their decor rentals. All the food tables were gorgeous and our place settings were perfect. 5 stars!

Profile Picture User6710388, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

They were the easiest to work with! Food was amazing and the decor was perfect!

Profile Picture User5399428, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Holmes catering has a wonderful menu selection that allows you to create your own unique menu. Everyone is very professional and very easy to work with. They offer a wide variety of tabletop accessories that will compliment any style.

Profile Picture User6582510, 2+ years ago, 1 Review