Tiger Lily Flowers Reviews

Tiger Lily Flowers 5
Tiger Lily Flowers 6
Tiger Lily Flowers 7

Denise · Married on 03/02/2013

I could not have asked for anything more perfect, professional and gorgeous! My centerpieces were to die for and the flowers for my girls, myself, my groom and groomsmen were perfect down to the color of the wire wrapped around the stems. Every detail of every flower placed in the center pieces were perfect, the trumpet vases were a perfect touch with the cymbidium orchids, parrot tulips, hydrangea, etc... The placement of the Swarovski crystals at the base of all centerpieces with the votive candles and the Victorian keys are still being talked about! The vases on the bridal table with each separate flower displayed to showcase the beauty of each was a genius idea Tim! I can't thank you enough! The bouquets oh so stunning and the pomanders just breath taking! I went on my honeymoon for two weeks and when I got back I found my flowers as fresh as the wedding day! Not one petal turned color they stayed so fresh in my fridge. I dried all the flowers and put them in a memory box which I will cherish forever! Tim and Jen my gratitude goes beyond measure. I'm honored to have you friendship. Love Denise & Agustin

Sent on 08/06/2013

christin · Married on 12/30/2012

I am ashamed that it took me this long to write a review about the beauty that is Tim and Tiger Lily by Encke. The entire staff is GOLD. Once you create the relationship with them...they will make sure you're happy whether it's the wedding or your anniversary :-)

Creatively, Tim and Jennifer are unmatched. I cannot even begin to describe how beautiful our bouquets, centerpieces, and even cake turned out to be. They listened to my vision and added their genius to make a product that I cry just thinking about.

Professionally, they will become as close as family to make sure you're happy and hello FAIR TRADE!! They are very responsive and super easy to work with. They will work with you no matter what your budget is BUT if you give them free reign...they will create a purely blissful wedding.

Hire them...this is one vendor a bride does not have to stress over.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Tiger Lily is an amazing floral shop! I had been going there for some time prior to selecting them as my wedding florist. Tim is so great! He is friendly, knowledgable, artistic, and PATIENT (you need patience to work with brides lol). He listened every time I changed my mind AND made me feel at ease whenever I had doubts about my choices. The end products were beyond my imagination and expectations! My bouquet was BREATHTAKING! My dark purple/black calla lillies and silverstone/lavender roses was so beautiful, just how I had hoped! My bridesmaids bouquets were equally as gorgeous! Honestly, I cared more about my own bouquet, I was just specific about the type of flowers I wanted/didn't want, I didn't think about much else but omg were they beautiful! Had I had any other bouquet, I am sure I would have been jealous. My centerpieces (which I changed designs I don't know how many times) came out exactly as I has hoped also. Everything was just phenomenal and the service/flexibility was fantastic. Thank you so much Tim, Jennifer, and everyone that helped make my florals sensational!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much, Christine. You were a joy to work with. We love your family, and we wish you all the very best in your new life.

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2012

I found Tiger Lily here at the Wedding Wire because I was looking for some flower vendors close to my home and with good recommedations. I am so happy that I found them! Since our first meeting with Tim my now husband and I were sold, not only for Tim's nice and relax personality but because we could tell since the first moment that he was a real artist and truly a professional. We told him our ideas and color scheme and he created a great concept for our centerpieces and my bouquet. Later on and closer to the wedding date I had a meeting with him and his wife Jennifer to show me a sample of the flower arrangements we would have the day of the wedding and it was beautiful. Tim and Jennifer assured me that everything would be perfect on the wedding. Finally the day of the wedding was here and I can't tell you HOW PERFECT everything was. The flowers were amazing!!! People are still calling and telling us how beautiful the reception looked with the gorgeous flower centerpieces (we had a combination of hi and low centerpieces). The flowers truly made the reception. My bouquet was a dream and the flowers were so fresh that even after a week some of them were still alive. Tiger Lily was one of my favorite vendor to work with and they really worked within my budget.

If you are looking for a great florist, you have found the place! You would not regret picking Tiger Lily as your florist.

JM

Sent on 09/17/2012

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

Jennifer, you and Chris were lovely to work for. Your sister's input was valuable, and we were very proud of what we were able to design for you. Biagios called us to ask for the photographs I took of the dining room after we'd finished the installation. It looked pretty cool, no? We wish you all the very best. -- Tim and Jennifer
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 06/30/2012

Tim was a pleasure to work with. I know very little about flowers and only had a slight idea about what I wanted. After explaining to him the setting of the wedding and giving him a color scheme to work with, Tim was able to come up with something better than I could have every imagined. The bouquets were gorgeous and unlike anything I've ever seen before. I had also asked him to decorate the cake with some flowers, again with minimal instruction, and it came out gorgeous!

I had also requested a simple arch for the wedding ceremony on the beach, and again my expectations were exceeded.

I highly recommend Tiger Lily by Encke. They are very knowledgeable and artistic with everything they do.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much, Gina, for letting us try some cool, new design ideas for your bouquets. We are so happy that you were pleased. I was only worried about the heat on your wedding day. By the time we had your arch installed on the beach, the temperatures had to be in the mid-90s - and it was only 9:30 a.m. Good choice not to use flowers there! Tell me you didn't do that ceremony barefoot...

pauline · Married on 05/26/2012

I first found out about Encke from a flower arrangement that was sent to my home. I really liked their style so I kept the card and so when it was time to plan my wedding, I immediately thought of them.

They were very professional about everything -- our initial meeting went really great. I showed them pictures of my ideas, and right away I had the feeling that they understood my aesthetic and they were already giving their suggestions right away. I had the feeling that they can make my vision a reality. Shortly after our initial meeting, they sent their proposal -- it was very detailed, to the point that you can imagine what it would look like right away. They were very realistic in the sense that they were giving us names of flowers that were within the season I was getting married in (luckily it was a spring wedding so there were a lot of options) -- my point is, they are not going to use flowers from out of the blue just because I wanted it when they knew it was going to cost a lot. It was not just about them making the money, they offer valuable suggestions. Their prices were also very reasonable and when I had asked for a bit of a break, they were kind enough to give me a discount on some aspects too.

Whenever I emailed them, they responded in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, they came on the agreed upon time. On the day of, I realized that I had forgotten 2 bouquets to be offered at the church, I asked if they could whip up something at such a short notice and they actually were able to step up to the plate and deliver, this shows their flexibility.

ALL of my guests loved the centerpieces, bouquets and the flowers that were put on our showcase table. They were MAGNIFICENT and they were exactly as what they had described on the proposal. I cannot complain at all, Tim and Jennifer exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend them to anyone, not just for weddings but on all occassions.

Thanks Tim and Jennifer! You made my wedding unforgettable!

Pauline
    Ridgefield Park, NJ

Sent on 06/04/2012

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

Pauline, you were wonderful to work with, and your vision carried the day. We are so happy you were pleased. We were, too. All our best to you, always. -- Tim and Jennifer

Rukhsanah · Married on 04/28/2012

Breathtaking is the best word to describe what Tiger Lily did for our decorations and flowers during our wedding!! Tim at Tiger Lily and his team constructed an amazing alter with hanging flowers and prepared customized flower arrangements and heart-felt bouquets that reflected completely my and my husband's personalities. Our guests were truly amazed at the ingenuity behind the flower arrangements and continued to talk about them days after the wedding. Tiger Lily made our day not only personal but memorable! If you are looking for florists who can create original masterpieces that make your wedding or event just that much more special, I recommend, wholeheartedly, Tiger Lily!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

Rukhsanah and Lally, you gave us the chance to stretch our creative wings, and we will always be grateful. What an amazing experience. It became a mission to our best work for you. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed the results.
    What became of the nanobots we put on the head table? Just curious...

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2012

Tim was an absolute pleasure to deal with from the very beginning. He is amiable and quick to respond; more importantly, though we weren’t 100% certain what we wanted for our arrangements, he made us feel very comfortable that he knew what we were going for (ahem, a Cornell-red theme) and delivered beautifully. Tim was so helpful in our conversations, entertaining our ideas and offering his own – all while staying aware of our price point.

The one thing I knew I absolutely wanted was red callas for my bouquet and finding them seemed bleak at first but they found them and I could not have been happier with our bouquets! Our altar arrangements were lovely for the church (albeit a bit lost because we forgot about the pre-existing Easter decorations) but they doubled perfectly as decoration for our head table. Our submerged orchid centerpieces were exactly what we wanted and filled the space wonderfully (our venue space was a bit larger for our guest count) and Tim introduced a great unique factor, bringing artistic coil and smaller flowers to the outside of the tall vase atop a round mirror.

To top things off, Tim sent a card with a kind note (it had callas on the front) – it was the perfect testament to how thoughtful he had been through the whole process. We’d recommend Tim and Tiger Lily to any couple looking for a little bit of comfort amid the craziness (and fun!) that is planning a wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Alexis · Married on 10/29/2011

Tiger Lily by Encke is the most wonderful florist you will ever meet. The owner is so personable and my fiance and I immediately struck up a jovial yet professional repoir with him. The first time we met, we brought pictures of ideas that we had for flowers, and the owner, Tim Blunk, had a pen and pad of paper ready to take notes. He suggested ideas and wrote up a proposal of the vision he had in his mind for our flowers. We read it, and it was spot on! We got married in the fall, and chose to use seasonal flowers. The prices were great and the quality of the flowers was unbelieveable. We met with Tim several times to make adjustments, and every time we met, he was always professional, prompt, flexible, and focused completely on us. On my wedding day, as soon as I saw my bouquet, my mother's corsage, my father's boutonniere, and my bridesmaids' bouquets, I knew that the rest of the flowers would be just as beautiful. I am completely sastisfied with Tiger Lily and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/29/2012

Beautiful fair trade and organic flowers. Service was incredible. I stop by and say hello when I pass by sometimes.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Stefanie · Married on 08/18/2018

I had a very specific theme with certain flowers in mind for my wedding, wanting to have a mix of native and Australian flowers in bouquet, boutonniere, and corsages. Tim was very receptive, even offering other flowers I had not thought of, and he was just as excited as I was to see it all come together. He was very flexible with meeting times and offered to let me look at sample centerpiece to help me decide the final look before the wedding. On the day of, all flowers were delivered to the venue and the overhead garland for our outdoor ceremony were done before I arrived. Everything looked fresh and beautiful. Even my fussy relatives thought the flowers were beautiful. Tim is a kind and wonderful person, and it was great working with him. I highly recommend them as florists for wedding or anything flowers.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Tim was great and we got exactly what we wanted. We even contacted him two days before the wedding to see if we could get one more boutonniere!
    Excellent and happy.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Tim was completely amazing! He is an artist for sure so give some time for your consultations/design process. But do use him! He went above and beyond to order me flowers from home which are not available here in the US, to create multiple proposals for me to work within my budget, and to put together bouquets that reflected my personality. I couldn't urge you enough to work with Tiger Lily!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Tim was an absolute pleasure to work with. The bouquets, center pieces and boutineers were absolutely exquisite! Tim really listened and executed my wedding flower vision perfectly. He's also quite charasmatic and amusing, which definitely helped relieve some of the stress throughout the wedding planning process.

I would highly recommend them in terms of quality, value and professionalism. My only complaint, I wasn't crazy about the ribbon choice, so if you're doing ribbon, I would be very specific as to the kind of ribbon you want. I think I left it open and was not thrilled with the organza ribbon chosen for some of the bouquets and the church, but I think it was my fault for not specifying.

However, overall everything was "spot on" in terms of the flowers and Tim created a true sense of partnership, he's a great vendor to work with!

Sent on 04/22/2014

4.2
      3.0

bouquets were very small for the extreme amount of money I paid. he was late and didn't set up the room the way he said he would. also I didn't know someone else will be designer my flowers, I should of meet with her first, not after I gave a deposit and hated the first centerpiece she presented.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Mary Ellen · Married on 09/04/2010

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Communication was an issue at times, but in the end the flowers were beautiful

Sent on 09/13/2010

Tiger Lily Flowers's reply:

We are sorry that you felt we were amiss in our communication with you. It was certainly problematic that you were in North Carolina and all of the communication needed to go through your mother. There may have been times when signals got crossed, but for us the issues grew out of the several occasions where your mom asked us to change the flower varieties for more expensive ones, expecting the prices to remain the same. In the end, we kept the prices the same nevertheless and did our best work for you. We wish you all the best.