Tiger Jones Productions Reviews

272 | Kailua Kona, HI

272 Reviews for Tiger Jones Productions

• User5207744 · 2+ years ago

We could not have been happier or more impressed with DJ Tiger and Betsy! They did an awesome job on the day of our wedding and spent hours working with us beforehand to get all of our music requests and our announcement schedule. They did everything right. DJ Tiger is so much more than just a guy behind a spin table that presses "Play" on a CD or MP3 player. He even custom mixed one of our dance songs live to give it a better dance beat and seamlessly blended the playlist club-style so there were no pauses in between songs. I am a huge EDM fan and he delivered my playlist perfectly as well as the slower dances for everyone else. Their lighting package was beautiful, the dance lights were fun and they played a photo slide show we supplied at the DJ table but stopped it on our best picture together for the last dance of the night. Top notch vendor who communicated well and regularly. I feel they put in more effort than I paid for so thank you so much guys! Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Kathy · Married on 05/24/2015

DJ Tiger made my daughter's wedding a most amazing and memorable event. The set-up, the music, the sound, the mix and the energy was outstanding and the whole experience was more than I could have imagined. Lauren and Aaron (bride and groom), the wedding party, myself and husband as well as the guests were very impressed with DJ Tiger as well as Betsy who was also great and very helpful throughout the night. Its not surprising that DJ Tiger is considered the best in Hawaii and the entire US! Thanks so much for making this event so fantastic!! Would love to catch up with you when we return to Hawaii later this year.

Kathy, mother of the bride.

Sent on 06/21/2015

DJ Tiger was awesome! easy to coordinate with and really knew how to get the party going. Everyone loved him. Could have done without the blue lights which brought out the termites, but that's a minor thing.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Andrea and Mark · Married on 03/05/2015

We whole-heartedly give a five star rating to Tiger and Betsy for their fantastic work at our daughter's reception. They kept the event running smoothly, and kept us all dancing until the very end. Who could ask for more? And who knew some of those people could dance? We loved it, and the memories of the music and the dancing will stay with us. We had quite a mix of guests, and Tiger and Betsy provided something for everyone. It was a truly spectacular night, and we couldn't have done it without the two of them. They were a pleasure to work with, and provided value plus!

Sent on 03/17/2015

Julia · Married on 02/15/2015

Tiger and Betsy DJ’d our wedding and were absolutely amazing. We live in California but got married on the Big Island and had to plan the entire event from abroad. Tiger was referred to us by….just about everyone in Hawaii. Nonetheless, I am a perfectionist and very “type-A” and as such, was worried about hiring someone without first-hand knowledge of their skills and abilities. My nerves were immediately put to rest after my first interaction with Betsy. I can honestly say that of all the vendors we worked with for our wedding she was the quickest to respond and easiest to work with. I was very particular my requests and they accommodated each and every one. For example, we had a massive wedding party and I wanted each couple to enter the reception to their own song….not just their own song…but a particular part of each song. Not only did they do an awesome job MCing the entrances, but they flawlessly had each song cued up to the exact clip I wanted played as the couple entered. In addition, I had an insane, 5 page long song list including all different genres. Despite having way more songs than I did time, and despite having a wide range of music style, Tiger was able to play the majority of songs on my list. He played them for just the right of time, kept things moving, and mixed them perfectly! I absolutely killed my feet because there was not a single moment where I wanted to leave the dance floor to take a break. I also had a live band for the wedding so in addition to a few of the opening dance sets, we also needed Tiger to transition in an out between the band’s sets. I was very nervous about this since Tiger had never worked with this particular band before and the worst thing at a wedding is silence between transitions and a mass exodus of guests from the dance floor. Every transition was seamless and the dance floor remained packed at all times. Tiger was phenomenal in SO many ways.

Sent on 04/13/2016

I booked DJ Tiger for my wedding this past January 2015 and it was the best decision I could have made. Working with Betsy and Tiger leading up the wedding was so easy--they were extremely timely and responsive and so easy to get a hold of and work with. I was planning my wedding from Sydney, Australia, so even with the distance they made everything so easy.

I didn't really have to tell them what to do, they have done this so many times that they set up and delivered an amazing show. They brought awesome mood lighting and every single guest that I had at my wedding said it was the best music / dance party ever--which is just what I wanted!

We also worked closely with them with regards to the playlist and I have to say they played every single song I wanted!

Best DJ i have ever worked with.

Sent on 02/23/2015

Amy · Married on 01/05/2015

We wish there were more stars to give DJ Tiger and Betsy, because they far exceeded 5! We had a destination wedding in the Big Island in January 2015, and when it came to researching which vendors to hire for our big day, finding a top quality DJ was high on our priority list. We both feel confident saying that we truly found THE BEST!

From the moment I spoke with Betsy, I had a good feeling. She was extremely responsive and helpful well beyond their professional scope. She gave us advice on venues, and even sent pictures from a few different places to give me an idea of what the venues look like with a wedding set-up. Betsy became one of my key trusted sources of information during the wedding planning process, which is crucial if you are trying to plan a destination wedding.

Betsy and Tiger were also very accommodating. My father planned a very intricate father/daughter dance, which involved several songs woven together at different times. Betsy was happy to take calls from from my parents to work out the details. And it went off perfectly!

Betsy and Tiger made every effort to make the day meaningful to us as a couple and had great attention to detail. At some stage, I briefly mentioned to Betsy in an email that my future father-in-law loved a particular song. But I must have forgotten about it in the lead-up to the wedding. Imagine my delight when it surprisingly came on and I see my father-in-law (a man who is normally quite reserved) owning the dance floor and singing at the top of his lungs. It was a very memorable moment@

DJ Tiger is a true expert in his craft. Several guests STILL compliment me on how much fun the wedding was, how GREAT the music was, and how it was one of the best weddings they have attended. They have even requested the playlist! This is a great honor for a bride/groom to hear about their special day. Thank you Tiger and Betsy for this incredible gift and making our wedding better than we ever could have expected. Mahalo!

Sent on 03/13/2015

gwenyth · Married on 01/02/2015

We were married on the Big Island in early January. Betsy and DJ Tiger were fantastic! Betsy was on top of everything from the very beginning and was by far our most organized vendor. We also really enjoyed picking out songs for each part of the wedding but the suggestion list was very helpful. Betsy also helped guide us through all the little details of the wedding from a music standpoint which really made a difference-it was very stress free!
    During the actual event, Tiger and Betsy were very accommodating and flexible, including setting up in a less than ideal spot for their equipment and helping us plan a special exit from the wedding at the end of the evening on the fly that ended up being a very cool memory.
    All of our guests commented that the music was perfect. Even when the dance floor ended up being dominated by our many younger nieces and nephews, they adjusted accordingly and the kids had the time of their lives :)
    We felt like we got a ton of value for our package-Tiger Jones Productions did an absolutely excellent job and we couldn't have been happier with the result!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Lin-Ann · Married on 12/21/2014

Hiring Betsy and Tiger to MC and DJ our wedding was the best decision we made. They MADE the reception celebration with their energy, professionalism, beautiful lighting, and Tiger's amazing beats. Tiger is more than just a DJ that plays the songs you request--he flawlessly mixed our requests with some of his own selections, read the crowd's energy, and kept me as the bride on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. Betsy was so supportive and helpful in the planning process, was so prompt with communication, sat down to meet with me beforehand to ensure she knew the timeline of events, and did an incredible job with announcements and emceeing the entire event. When I was losing confidence in whether I would go through with the serenade I had planned for my groom, she pushed and encouraged me to sing to him and I'm so glad I did!! Betsy's and Tiger's presence at our wedding made me feel like a celebrity at my own VIP party!!! Mahalo nui loa for bringing more than just music to our special day--you taught us the true meaning of aloha!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Niki · Married on 11/02/2014

They asked us to provide 3 words that would describe our dream reception; Fun, Entertaining and Unforgettable is what we said and they provided EXACTLY that. Betsy was prompt and professional during the whole booking process and DJ Tiger had everyone out of their seats dancing. We truly couldn't have asked for anything more perfect all of our guests certainly agreed.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2014

If you dont want to worry about your music or if anyone is going to dance at your wedding HIRE DJ Tiger! They were absolutely amazing! They didn't overlook any detail, actual read through everything that they asked me to fill out, and checked in more times then I can count through out the wedding night. I was worried with a destination wedding that is smaller that people wouldn't want to dance and actually stay on the dance floor. They did such an amazing job with the music and making sure that every single person was dancing the night away. I would recommend them to anyone and would out a doubt hire them again! They are amazing!!!! HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Julia · Married on 10/25/2014

DJ Tiger and Betsy made our wedding day joyful and stress free! Betsy was so responsive, she is very good at follow-ups and took into consideration all our special requests. Since both me and my husband are from Europe, but from different countries we had to combine music from our countries and also please American guests as well. Well, we had it all! Everybody danced and had fun!
    After the wedding everybody remembered and complimented us on 2 things: the taste of food and the music! So, don't worry and stress about small details, some might notice, some might not, but if you choose DJ Tiger, I am sure everyone will dance and have fun. Our event was at Hilton Waikola Village, they did a great set up, not to mention how everyone enjoyed the pictures that were playing on TV. We had childhood pictures of both of us and our guests, especially our parents, loved the idea!

Thank you Betsy and DJ Tiger!

Sent on 11/18/2014

I was recently married at Anna's Ranch in September and hired DJ Tiger Jones for our wedding, I am so pleased that we did. They were so wonderful to work with, and such sweet people. Leading up to the wedding, I corresponded with Betsy many times regarding details and she was always so prompt and professional in her communication. When my original wedding venue fell through, she even offered suggestions about additional venues, and I ended up using her suggestion of Anna's Ranch and am so happy that I did. They were willing to take our suggestions for music and on the day of the wedding-they actually played what we had requested-and more. I also appreciated their willingness to be flexible with the time schedule, given that our guests were hard to wrangle to the dance floor (because they were having fun elsewhere). However, the quality of the dancing and the music was amazing and I had an awesome time on the dance floor on my wedding night. I would highly recommend this company to any bride to be-you won't be sorry.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Veronica · Married on 08/31/2014

Being the type A personality that I am, I created a playlist of music on my own and almost thought that booking a DJ wouldn't be worth the additional cost. However, at the great advice of my wedding planner (Vintage & Lace), I decided to go ahead and book DJ Tiger and the rest of his team at Tiger Jones Productions. It was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! DJ Tiger and his team were a pleasure to work with, quick communicators and I can hands down say DJ Tiger created the party atmosphere at our wedding that we were hoping for. We received so many compliments after the wedding about how great the dance party was. Not a single bad song was played and DJ Tiger's skill at transitioning songs to match (or boost) the mood of the crowd was amazing. Thank you so much to the entire team at Tiger Jones Productions for being a part of our wedding!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Mike and Judy · Married on 08/30/2014

DJ Tiger and Betsy are a great team! On top of being very kind people, they are prompt and efficient.

Our wedding was at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and it had a few hiccups that delayed our schedule. But Betsy was super quick to jump in to help make things run smoothly! Our guests all had a great time all thanks to DJ Tiger and Betsy!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Austin · Married on 08/22/2014

DJ Tiger was absolutely amazing! The music selection was perfect for our wedding party and kept us dancing for 3 hours straight! No cheesy songs were played that made people want to back away from the dance floor.
    Betsy was more than a pleasure to work with. She always kept in contact and made sure all our requests were correct before the wedding. The DJ was one of the things we were least stressed about before our wedding thanks to Tiger and Betsy! And it's pretty easy to stress about things when you're 2,600 miles away!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Nicki · Married on 08/13/2014

DJ Tiger and Betsey were wonderful to work with. The responded to all questions immediately and were extremely accommodating. They truly made our wedding reception so much fun and would definately recommend their services to my family and friends. They made our planning stress free and had a wide variety of music choices! Thanks for everything, you both are amazing at what you do! :)

Sent on 09/02/2014

We had DJ Tiger for our wedding on June 28th at the Mauna Kea in HI. His wife coordinates the details while Tiger focuses on the music during the event. We met with him and his wife the day before the wedding to review all the details and they were so helpful and made it so easy. The day of the wedding, everything was set-up on time and looked amazing (like the pros). We really loved their service!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Moe & Ashley · Married on 06/20/2014

What an amazing experience, you made our wedding reception phenomenal!!! Can't say thank you enough for all your hard work, the setup, the variation of songs....everyone was so happy!!!! Thank you again!!!!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Mollie · Married on 06/05/2014

Betsy and DJ Tiger are the best in the business. We had friends coming up to us after our wedding telling us that DJ Tiger was the best wedding DJ they had heard...EVER! If you are looking for a DJ on the Big Island, look no further. These guys will take care of you.

Betsy is super quick in getting back to you with whatever you need. They are happy to take your list and play just that or take guidance from you and do all the work. They are also happy to take requests on the night. We had a friend request sort of a strange song and Betsy sought me out on the dance floor to make sure I was okay to play it.

I know planning a wedding in Hawaii can be stressful, but your DJ decision does not have to be...simply book DJ Tiger in.

I would recommend them to even the most demanding couple. They are awesome!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2014

Hands down one of the BEST decision my husband and I made hiring DJ Tiger! Very professional, courteous, and amazing at what they do! Everyone was up dancing and I mean everyone. His assistant is incredible as well! Our entire experience with them from beginning to end was unbelievable. They worked with us on last minute changes and answered any questions or concerns we had. We can't say enough amazing things about these folks. Thanks DJ Tiger for making our wedding so incredibly special!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Liz · Married on 05/03/2014

DJ Tiger was awesome!! Finding a great DJ was super important to us and DJ Tiger did not let us down. He was absolutely fantastic! Our guests could not stay off the dance floor. DJ Tiger had great mixes, kept the party flowing, and the tempo upbeat. He made sure to include the songs we requested for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing, which we really appreciated. Betsy was wonderful to work with...super responsive, detailed and thoughtful. The perfect combination of laid-back and attentive. She also did a great job of emceeing our event...tying everything together seamlessly. We could not have been happier with both of them!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2014

Finding the right DJ was one of our top priorities, and Tiger Jones Productions surpassed our expectations! Our song list really reflected the time we spent brainstorming all the best music choices for our diverse guests. Betsy's communication is a huge strength, as she is very responsive and easy to work with - even with a destination wedding. DJ Tiger really listened during the event; for example, after a Best Man speech referencing our love for Billy Joel, DJ Tiger played one of our favorite Billy Joel songs to transition. Both are professional and work well with the Four Seasons Hualalai team in Kona, HI. Well done and mahalo for sharing in our special day!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Erin · Married on 04/11/2014

DJ Tiger is absolutely amazing!!! The entertainment component of our destination wedding was very important to us and DJ Tiger and Betsy where so easy to work with! Making sure our guests had a great time highly depended on the tone that was set for the wedding and DJ Tiger definitely delivered! They are incredibly organized and made it a point to meet with us to get a better idea of what our style and personalities where like in order to throw us a great party...and they did! Our friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had. He is incredibly talented and ensured that there wasn't a dull moment! We HIGHLY recommend DJ Tiger to anyone looking to throw a great party!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Cannot express how much we LOVED working with Betsy & Tiger. To echo the other reviews, they were professional, kind, and sure know how to keep a party going !!! Thanks to Tiger Jones Productions, we received many "Best Wedding Ever" compliments. They thought on their feet (there was a power issue at our venue which caused the music to stop for a bit) and remained calm and positive under pressure. Betsy is a STAR...of all our wonderful vendors, she is a mainland bride's dream...by far the most communicative and responsive of the lot ! You know when a good TV series or book ends and you feel like you've lost a friend? That's how I feel about Betsy & Tiger now that our wedding is over. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Sent on 03/21/2014