Tiers of Sugar Reviews

12 | Dayton, OH

12 Reviews for Tiers of Sugar

Alyssa · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful and delicious

We opted for a three squared tiered cake. Chocolate espresso and red-velvet. Her cakes blew everyone else out of the water! Way worth it and the slices are a lot bigger than others’. Worth every penny and man oh man, soooo good!!

Dominique · Married on 09/30/2018

The cake tasted amazing and looked exactly how we wanted it if not better! We also had cupcakes

Miranda · Married on 05/21/2016

We had my bridal shower cake and wedding cake made here. It was wonderful! I had a wedding cake that was 4 tiers and was to serve somewhere around 150 people with 108 people actually attending my wedding and we had NO cake left over. There were people eating 3 or 4 slices each and they were by no means small pieces. She does each layer in a different flavor of you want it to be. I had white cake with raspberry filling, lemon cake with lemon curd, and red velvet with cream cheese filling. All three were beyond my expectations. She was also able to do all of our decorations without fondont as other bakers said was required and it looked even better than I had ever imagined. She also does three layers of cake and two layers of filling for each layer which was exquisite. I will be coming back for birthdays, baby showers, and all of our celebrations. She does run the Buisness from her home, but the house is immaculate and she makes you feel very welcome.

Julie · Married on 03/12/2016

I would highly recommend Tiers of Sugar for any occasion! My daughters wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and the guests loved the cake!!!!

jennifer · Married on 06/20/2015

I will never buy a cake from anywhere or anyone else again! My sister used Karen for her wedding cake a few years ago and I did for my wedding this past June. My husband and I wanted to have the whole "cake tasting" experience around town, so we went to a few different shops in Dayton to sample, and upon arriving to sample Karen's cakes, we were sold in one bite. I knew going into it that I wanted to have Karen make our cake, but I wanted him to see for himself how superior her cakes are to any other bakery in town. Not only do her cakes taste AMAZING, but they are SO beautiful and classy. Her prices were better than other bakeries and again, the taste was just incomparable. Her cake makes other cakes taste like they came from a Betty Crocker box. We received so many compliments on the taste and appearance of our wedding cake! Thank you Karen!

Karen provided a simply elegant and delicious cake for my daughter's wedding, at the tasting she listened to what my daughter had expressed for the cake flavors and looked at picture of the design and recreated it perfectly! When the cake was delivered to the venue the day of the wedding (on time) it was displayed elegantly and we were thrilled when we came out and saw the cake before the ceremony, it really was just the "icing on the cake" for such a beautiful day! I will highly recommend Karen and Tiers of Sugar to anyone. Thanks again Karen!

Jenn · Married on 07/12/2013

Karen is very talented. She did a great job and created a flavor just for us. Great value as her cakes are bigger servings than standard. Flexible and willing to do whatever I wanted. Didnt have to choose between taste and look of the cake. I got both with her! Very happy with her service!

Candice · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I got our cake from Tiers of Sugar and were extremely impressed with Karen's work. She was very accommodating in scheduling a tasting. We wanted to try a flavor combo that was not on her list (vanilla bean cake with blueberry filling), and she whipped it right up for the tasting. We ended up choosing the new combo as one of our wedding day flavors! Karen also crafted handmade gum paste flowers for our cake. Our guests complimented the cakes appearance and taste throughout the evening! We saved the top layer for our anniversary but were delighted when Karen told us we could contact her for a fresh round at our one year anniversary if the one we saved didn't make it!

Karen also made a fantastic grooms cake for the rehearsal dinner. She crafted gum paste details for a suitcase cake--complete with travel stickers and chocolate buttercream. Yum! My husband loved it!

Susie · Married on 11/03/2012

For my daughter's wedding in November we chose Tiers of Sugar to provide her wedding cake. Karen was easy to work with and her cake was delicious. From the tasting to the completed project, she listened to the bride and groom's wish list and made that happen. We have had many compliments on the cake - the way it tasted and the way it looked! I would recommend Tiers of Sugar to anyone. Thank you, Karen!

Katie · Married on 07/21/2012

I don't even know where to begin in describing how absolutely perfect our wedding cake was. Before deciding on Tiers of Sugar, my husband and I did about 5 different tastings around the Dayton area to all of the big, "established" vendors that we kept reading about. Although all of them had tasty cake and impressive reviews, none of them really stood out to us. We received a wonderful recommendation for Karen at Tiers of Sugar with complete assurance that her work was undoubtedly impressive. I have never been much of a cake person, but both flavors of our wedding cake were hands down the BEST cake I have ever tasted! My entire family raved about how delicious the cake was, and the actual design was simply stunning. If you are looking for delicious cake, a talented cake designer, and don't want to pay as much as Ele charges, do your self a favor and call Karen - she is one of the best decisions we've made throughout the entire wedding planning process. A million thank you's to the talented Karen! :)

• Leah

Leah · Married on 05/14/2016

I absolutely loved the cake that Karen made us for our wedding. It was very delicious and sweet and not to mention very beautiful.

Grace · Married on 08/13/2016

My mom and I met Karen at a local Bridal Show. We both instantly fell in love with her cakes. We tried every cake that she had provided as samples. We did not find one that we did not like. Her designs were all so beautiful as well. Karen is a home baker and I have not had a better cake. Let me also tell you, I am not a cake eater. I took some samples home to my husband after scheduling a consultation and I already knew she would be our baker. During our initial consultation, Karen was very open to our ideas and vision of our dream cake. She was very responsive throughout the planning process as we were having a hard time choosing our cake. She provided us several sample cakes as well. She even met with us about a month prior to our wedding to help us make the final decisions. We were also nervous about the cake settling as our reception was outdoors. She calmed our nerves and let us know that there were be no issues. On the day of, the cake was beautiful and withstood 85+ degree heat and never had a single flaw. All of our guests raved about how amazing the cake was. The cake was absolutely beautiful and we plan on using Karen again in the future!

THANK YOU KAREN!! - Grace & Tom