tiers of joy Reviews

17 | Ewa Beach, HI

17 Reviews for tiers of joy

Hilda · Married on 06/23/2016

it was beautiful and delicious. the delivery was prompt and they provided us with a piece of edible artwork. Cake flavor: vanilla bean & raspberries and cream. very quick to reply by email and very professional.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Vanessa · Married on 12/18/2015

Tiers of Joy was recommended to us from our photographers! They did a wonderful job when it came to communication and confirming the designs for both bride and groom's cakes! My cake was a 3 tiers extra wide with crystal banding and cascading white cymbidiums orchids. The Groom's cake was a 10 inch cake New Orleans Saints inspired cake with fleur di lis emblem on gold. We added the helmet which we purchased separately. My cake was very simple and elegant, just like I wanted it. Our flavors were raspberry chocolate truffle for the bridal cake and lemon zest with lilikoi filling for the grooms cake. Both cakes tasted wonderful (our guests loved them as well!) Overall, the favorite was my husband's cake. He chose his favorite football team to inspire the design and everyone loved it (very unique). The pricing was very well within our range and the delivery and set-up were included. Thank you, Tiers of Joy for working with us all the way from Texas!

Sent on 03/04/2016
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 02/15/2015

I found Tiers of Joy through Pinterest (Leigh makes some beautiful looking cakes) and fell in love with the description for the Tropical Tango cake. Since I was planning my Hawaii wedding from afar, I couldn't do a taste test but I trusted previous reviewers and went ahead and booked Leigh's services for our big day. We were able to agree on a design that fit my budget and vision. On the day of my wedding, Leigh delivered the cake on time and it looked exactly as described. The taste was unbelievable. I can't stop thinking about this cake! Everyone raved about it. Luckily we had some leftover to eat the day after the wedding. We're hoping to come back to Hawaii next year for our one-year anniversary and would love to order a replica of the cake to enjoy again.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Alison · Married on 09/21/2014

Tiers of Joy is the best possible place to order your wedding cake from. Leigh has so much passion for her work. She went above and beyond to ensure my wedding cake was delicious and extremely beautiful. She coordinated with my wedding planner to make sure my buttercream cake would be protected from the sun and would not be on display too long. Additionally, she insisted on arranging the flowers for my cake to make sure they were fresh, beautiful, and arranged exactly the way we had discussed in our meeting.

I especially love how Leigh designs your cake tasting experience. When you go for a cake tasting she has you pick your flavors ahead of time. Then she actually bakes you a mini layered cake so you can truly experience the texture and flavor of what your wedding cake will be like. We had gone to a tasting at a different bakery (before we met Leigh at Tiers of Joy) and they had us try various cake flavors by tasting mini cupcakes. Well the cupcakes were so tiny that they were overcooked and hard, it was a little concerning. Additionally, they did not offer buttercream, only fondant! I know fondant can look beautiful, I just don't think it tastes very good. The baker told me I could just have my guests peel it off! Why would I spend over $600 on cake just to have my guests peel off the frosting because it doesn't taste good? Are you serious?!

Leigh on the other hand has a completely different philosophy! Her mini layered tasting cakes, are insanely delicious! The cakes were moist and her frosting is homemade buttercream! What surprised me (and delighted me) the most about her is how protective she was over my wedding cake. She went to great lengths to 100% make sure my cake looked exactly how I wanted, would not be ruined in the hot sun, and would taste delicious. She has so much pride in her work and was determined my wedding cake would be the best cake on earth! I love Leigh and I can't wait until my next cake worthy celebration!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Anne · Married on 09/09/2014

I ordered a 3 tier mango tango from tiers of joy. The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. My guests kept commenting on how much they loved it. I also loved the customer service from Leigh. She was always super responsive and professional about everything.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Gierra · Married on 08/08/2014

Leigh was amazing. I booked with her months in advance. On the day of my wedding I had not one single problem with my cake and when I seen it, it was amazing than I thought it would be! I truly loved the flavor and so did my guest. I highly recommend Leigh to anyone planning on getting a elegant or simple cake but the flavor blew us away. Mahalo Leigh.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Julianne · Married on 05/10/2014

Leigh was wonderful and my cakes were perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Kara · Married on 06/08/2013

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Leigh did an amazing job listening to our vision and bringing it to life!

Sent on 06/15/2013
  • User1019739 · 2+ years ago

Best wedding cake vendor! I've researched dozens of cake designers and Leigh was the best by far. She has great buttercream and will add booze to your cake if desired! Her prices are comparable to competitors as well.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Mark · Married on 01/14/2012

Having been a pastry chef, I was very impressed with Tiers of Joy. Delightful to plan out our cake with and it was equally tastey! Most of the time I find wedding cake to be over decorated and not very good tasting.
    Our cake was sipmly beautiful and was moist and delectable! Tiers of Joy is deffinately worth checking out!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Dorothy · Married on 11/11/2011

Leigh at Tiers of Joy in Honolulu "rescued" us after another vendor dropped us unexpectedly. We were in a panic since we only had two weeks and our wedding was on 11-11-11 -- most vendors were booked one year ahead. After telling Leigh of our issue, she took pity on us and squeezed us into her schedule for that day. They say things happen for the best, and in this case they did. The cake from Tiers of Joy not only looked better than the one we were going to get from the other vendor, it tasted 100 times better too. She was very nice to work with, we are grateful to her for helping us, and recommend her highly.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Hazel Robertson · Married on 10/22/2011

I would recommend Tiers of Joy. I only spoke with the owner twice for decorations and flavors of the cake and she delivered the most beautiful cake on my wedding day. The fresh orchids and lillies were a special touch and the actual cake was fantastic. It was a coconut and pineapple flavored cake that was amazing! All of the pictures me and my husband took with the cake came out wonderful because of the beautiful design. She made the process extremely stress free and I definitely recommend her for wedding cakes.

Sent on 01/12/2012

Leigh from Tiers of Joy was great to work with. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted so moist and delicious. Some of our guests were even craving her tropical tango cake days after the wedding. So happy with how it turned out.

Sent on 04/04/2013

We ordered a 2 tiered tropical mango cake from Tiers of Joy for our destination wedding in Oahu (from Canada). Leigh was very prompt with her email replies. We sent her pictures of how we would like the cake to look like and it came out exactly as how we wanted it if not prettier (color, details, flowers on top, etc.)! The taste was a little on the sweet side we thought. And Leigh was very responsible in telling us when she would deliver the cake to the restaurant and such. We had a very enjoyable experience with Tiers of Joy overall.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Amy · Married on 09/24/2011

Our cake was not only beautiful, but incredibly delicious as well! Which was exactly what we were looking for in our cake! Leigh was a pleasure to work with and provided great suggestions when our first choice did not work out. I would definitely recommend Tiers of Joy to anyone having a Hawaiian wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Leigh did a beautiful job with our cake. Her sketch and creation was spot on! On top of that the cake was delicious!

Sent on 06/17/2015

stacey · Married on 05/11/2010

3.5

My husband and I met with Leigh for our cake tasting and it was such a fun experience! Getting to try all these cakes was amazing. Because Leigh is a custom cake maker, she made sample cakes for us to try the different flavors and we were able to take these sample cakes home with us.

We ended up choosing her Tropical Tango (fresh mango filling) and Lemon Zest with lemon curd filling. The flavors are amazing and the cake is super fresh! But I cannot go on enough about how beautiful our cake was. Our wedding guests as well as our other family and friends who weren't able to make it to the wedding were blown away by how creative and beautiful the cake was. Perfect for the beach setting, we had a 3 tiered cake with a buttercream frosting. The tiers had pearls along the base of each tier and sugar shells (she makes them herself) scattered on top of the cake as well as along the sides. The cherry on top, the mini blue footprints going up the cake! This gave our cake that extra oomph and cuteness!

Sent on 11/25/2010