Tie the Knot Bridal Couture Collections Reviews

Tie the Knot Bridal Couture Collections 2
Tie the Knot Bridal Couture Collections 3
Tie the Knot Bridal Couture Collections 4

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2013

Tie the Knot is a small shop but has a nice selection of dresses seen in popular magazines. We had quite a few problems with the dress selected as changes were both promised and paid for. Unfortunately, the changes were not as requested and it was quite troubling to deal with, especially since the shop is located about 40 miles away. However, the shop and HIlary really came through, providing first extra seamstress time at the shop and then additional time from their second seamstress at our home and at the last minute - all at no charge to us. It was nail-biting but the final alterations done by the second seamstress were nothing short of miraculous! A gift of a beautiful organic silk and ostrich feather hairpiece from Hilary was also very much appreciated! I know they felt badly that the dress did not initially meet expectations and came in later than promised. While it was extremely stressful in those final days (something that no bride or MOB needs), the dress was beautiful and perfect and everything the bride had hoped for!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Tie the Knot Bridal Couture Collections's reply:

Thank you for sharing. Yes, I always say Isolated situations are going to happen and of course, as a business owner, especially in bridal, our intentions are only to please 150%. So when a situation such as yours arises, its HOW we march forward and get the bride down that aisle feeling beautiful and special . Although, the the road was bumpy - ALL of us held hands together and made the Magic come to life on YOUR Wedding Day.

Loved my dress! Hilary is wonderful-however she is only there for the first appointment and then you deal with the not so personable seamstress Sheri. Although Sheri wasn't the most friendly person I had ever met she knew how to sew and made beautiful sleeves and back for my dress. Every single person commented on how beautiful my dress was- old and young -female AND male. :)

Sent on 01/09/2013

Robyn · Married on 07/29/2006

Tie the Knot is a couture bridal salon. My dress was beautiful. They have dresses from a number of designers and collections. I felt like a princess when I worked with the ladies from Tie the Knot

Sent on 09/28/2008

3.0

We used the seamstress at Tie the Knot Bridal to do the wedding dress fitting. The dress was an expensive dress, and required some care with the alterations (the ribcage had to be taken out, the waist had to be taken in, and the lace bodice had a bit of tearing). The seamstress was quick, but also willing to steam and store the dress until we needed it. I was a little disappointed that she did not realize herself that the dress needed to be taken in at the waist -- it was heavy and was sagging a good bit. Her solution was to add padded cups to the top, which did not solve the problem. But if you are savvy about explaining how you want it fitted, this seamstress does a great service for a very very reasonable price.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/16/2013

1.5

I adored my dress by Watters from Tie the Knot Bridal. Hillary is a pleasure to work with and really knows how to dress each body type to make it look the best possible, all while getting what you want.
    I was disappointed after I purchased my dress and went online and realized I was overcharged quite a bit. The price I was charged was over suggested retail value from Watters. I also had to purchase a special bra to put in the dress that was about $300 and then my alterations were about $500.
    Overall, I would recommend Tie the Knot to brides, just do your research before you purchase the dress and make sure you are getting the best value!

Sent on 03/21/2013

Sara · Married on 03/25/2006

4.2

My Brides' Maids dresses were ordered from here and they did a great job. Waters & Waters was the company but the women at TIE the KNot were very helpful, responsive and we ordered them only 3 months in advanced!!

Sent on 07/13/2008

Jennifer · Married on 02/17/2007

3.0

The owner was rude, but everyone else was great to work with. No problems with the dress or anything. It came out perfect.

Sent on 01/17/2008

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

Very unprofessional team here. I spoke with them twice on phone about getting an estimate to have my dress altered but on neither occasion did not tell me until I was in the dressing room that there was a $25 admin fee to have the dress altered there (plus $475 in alterations) and when I chose not to have dress worked on here they still cashed the $25 check. There was never any contract signed for me to be obligated to pay $25.

Sent on 03/20/2014

Kerry · Married on 10/14/2017

0.4
      0.5

We had a horrendous experience during our appointment this morning. I arrived with my mother and cousin to try on dresses and we were very excited as the reviews we read were wonderful. The stylist instantly showed very minimal interest in trying to find something the bride loved. She was clearly aggravated after a few dresses were tried on and it showed to all of us. My cousin stepped out of the salon as I was trying a dress on and I wanted to wait to show her because although I didn't love the fabric I absolutely loved the style. The stylist replied sharply "is there even a point in showing her if you don't love it?" Wow. My cousin then pointed out a dress she thought I would like and the stylist claimed I had already tried it on but with different sleeves. I saw it on my way out and it was something I would have been very interested in (and had not tried on) but at that point I felt very defeated and just wanted to leave. It was very clear that was exactly what the stylist wanted as well. She also made a rude comment about my figure when I voiced a concern about how a dress fit. She did not ask if I wanted to try anything on again or if I wanted to look around the store to see if anything caught my eye. All of this within thirty minutes. She sat right down at her desk and barely bothered to look up at us when we left. Her cell phone was also going off during the entire visit and she made no effort to silence it. I've never been treated so poorly, especially during such an exciting time in life. I would hope this review steers any and all brides away. It was truly an upsetting, horrible experience.

Sent on 02/12/2017