194 Reviews for Tica Beauty and Cosmetics

Licensed (2)
Airbrush Makeup (2)
Natural Makeup (1)
175 Tica Beauty and Cosmetics Reviews

Great experience- my mom and sister and I got our makeup done for our sisters wedding. We looked wonde til but still natural. Just like our best selves. Also the Tica products are great, especially the lip stain we purchased for touch ups.

Profile Picture M, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti was a dream to work with. I am not much of a "make up" person, but wanted to be beautiful for my wedding. Marti listened to what I wanted and created a beautifully natural look for me. I felt cared for and gorgeous! Thank you Marti and Tica!

Profile Picture LJ, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Karina did the most amazing job on my makeup for my wedding on 6 January 2018. I felt and looked just like a bride should look on her wedding day. I felt the most beautiful that I have ever felt in my life. I am so grateful to have had this vendor to make my day so special and so perfect. Karina and Marti where so responsive and had the best energy ever. Karina was so attuned to my needs as a bride and listened to everything!!! I more than highly recommend this vendor!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

We loved Marcia! My trial was great with her, she was so helpful and really put me at ease. I'm a natural, minimal makeup kind of girl and was really afraid to wear a ton of makeup, but she provided me with a balance of natural and event-appropriate for pictures. Marcia was on time on the day of and all set up before we even got there. She was very pleasant and chatted with everyone while doing their makeup...she may be my mom's new best friend! The makeup looked outstanding. So happy we chose TICA Beauty! Marti was also super helpful throughout the planning phase, thanks Marti!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Discounts, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I just had my annual work Gala in DC and had my makeup done by Marti. I don't usually wear the color red or feel comfortable doing my make-up (especially the eyes) for evening events. Marti made my eyes pop, selected the right color pairing for my gown and all I needed to do was throw on my dress and get ready for pictures which came out stunning.

Profile Picture Gayle, 10/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Great experience! Thank you !!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti is fantastic! She did an amazing job on me and everyone in the bridal party, including my mother!
She is a delight to work with and you will be so glad with her results!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather did makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law and some of my bridesmaids. She did a fabulous job in accommodating for each person's personal taste. Heather is super personable and a pleasure to work with! She definitely made me feel beautiful on my big day!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Makeup

Would highly recommend this vendor! From the first contact to the final service the vendor was prompt and courteous. Most of all, the vendor made me relaxed and happy on my big day. I knew I was in good hands and that helped relieve so much stress. Cannot thank them enough. I worked with Marti and Heather -- FABULOUS women!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather was just amazing for my wedding! What a wonderful time we had enjoying getting ready! Not only is she amazing at the makeup she does, but she is also fun to be around, and caring of those she is working with. She made sure my Bridesmaid with eye issues felt comfortable and took her time working with her! My makeup also stayed on all day long dispite the hot temperatures and rain during the day! She is a true professional and I would recommend anyone to work with her!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Heather was wonderful and I am so very happy that I asked her to be a part of my wedding day. My makeup looked beautiful. My only little sadness was that my false lashed didn't survive the multiple bouts of happy tears and the 95 degree day. I am sure there wasn't much that could have been done about that but it was sad to take them off mid reception. Heather definitely kept us on time and calm and I would definitely recommend her to any one of my friends.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marti is so delightful! She did the makeup for my daughter's senior pictures. Marti did an excellent job of understanding how much makeup my daughter was comfortable wearing and then tailored that to a beautiful look that would photograph well. We both loved the result. I would highly recommend Tica for anyone who wants makeup done for that special occasion.

Profile Picture Sheryl, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather was my main point of contact for my wedding day. She was the lead artist and Marcia assisted. Both of these ladies were absolutely wonderful. They were on time, came in to the hotel, took charge, arranged themselves in a way that best suited their needs, stayed on schedule and they made everyone look AMAZING. The make-up was so lovely and every girl looked their best and everyone felt comfortable. Sometimes make-up can be overdone and this was not the case. They listened to each girl and did custom make-up for everyone. My bridal make-up was perfect, lasted the whole day and the pictures are stunning. Leading up to the wedding Heather was communicating with me regularly making sure everything was in order. She was quick to respond, easy to coordinate with and very organized. Thank you Heather for my wonderful make-up and for making everything run so smoothly. I would highly recommend Tica Beauty!!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/20/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marti and the Tica Beauty team were an absolute joy to work with!! They not only did a terrific job with the makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law; but they made it fun and relaxing. Prices we're very fair compared to other places I researched, and the trial was more than worth it because it made me feel very at ease the day of. The makeup lasted all day/night without needing touch-ups. I highly recommend Tica Beauty for any bride in the DMV area!!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am so happy that we chose her for our makeup on my daughter's special day. We selected Marti based on recommendations from 2 other brides. She was a joy to work with. Very professional and super-talented. Would totally recommend her services to others.

Profile Picture User7828009, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Are you kidding me? Marti has a wand! I am an older women with the mind set natural is beautiful. (Well maybe in years gone by. ) So I made an appointment with Tica Beauty to shed some light on this face of mine. Incredibly I was shown how less is more! I am wearing makeup now (never did!) and feel very natural .......and pretty! My face has a glow that hasn't been there for a looooong time. I love Tica Beauty makeup and Marti's guidance.

Profile Picture Emily, 1/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I adore Marti and the Tica products, and felt beautiful on my wedding day. What a relief it was to find Tica, which aligned perfectly with my vision; I wanted my look to be light, fresh, and special for the day....but still me. I didn't feel as though I was wearing more makeup than usual; the Tica products felt airy. Marti listened to and executed my vision for the day. My mom (who is very picky about beauty products) was also very pleased the results of her mother-of-the-bride session. Not only is Marti talented, receptive, prompt, and affordable, she is fun and was a delight to have around before our wedding. Most of all, I developed a great trust of Marti and her craft, which made all the difference on our wedding day--makeup was something I didn't worry about at all!

Profile Picture April, 10/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These ladies are excellent! They did a fabulous job on me, my sisters, and the moms for my October wedding. My husband, who isn't normally a "fan" of makeup, kept telling me how gorgeous and "glowy" everyone looked. We really did all look like our "best selves." The makeup was on point, not too overbearing, and incredibly flattering. Heather was the best and was able to do 5 different ladies in our tight time period, and worked very well coordinating with our hair artist as well. I wish she could come do my makeup for every big event!

Profile Picture Grace, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Marti after a last minute referral. I wasn't planning on having my wedding makeup done but changed my mind a few weeks before the wedding. I'm so glad I did! It was so worth it! Not only did I feel and look amazing, but it made my bridesmaids feel very special for the wedding as well! Marti was so great at understanding what I wanted and I have never felt as beautiful as I did for my wedding!

Profile Picture Sherri, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup

Marti and Marcia were life savers!!! My original make up artist pulled out last minute and by a miracle they still had an opening. I never really wear make up so my now husband and I wanted to make sure I looked beautiful but still like myself. During my make up trial Marcia took the time to listen to me carefully and really understand what I wanted. She also was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The day of she showed up on time and worked tirelessly to do 7 peoples make up on our tight time line. Everyone was ecstatic with the final results! I would definitely use Tica Beauty again and recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Profile Picture Cara, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes
4.7

Heather was the MUA for my wedding. She was hilarious and so fun to work with. I wanted a look that was very natural and light and she captured that perfectly. She arrived early and worked well with my hairdresser to make sure we got everything done in a timely manner. She did my MOH's and mother's makeup as well, and they loved her as well. My only complaint is that Tica Beauty required a minimum of 3 people to have their makeup done which was a bummer for me at first, because no one else needed or wanted their makeup done but me. In the end, it worked out as she made all 3 of us look amazing but just something future brides to keep in mind! I'm not sure if this is a requirement with other bridal makeup services as Tica was the first group I tried and I went with Heather on the spot. All in all, Heather was awesome and really fun to work with and I definitely recommend her and Tica Beauty as a company.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/25/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup

Heather from Tica Beauty was amazing! I hadn't ever had my makeup professionally done before, but I booked her for my wedding and am so glad that I found her. When I was researching on where to go, Tica was one of the few places I found that gave brides a somewhat natural look (I still wanted to look like myself, but most places seemed to go for the contoured/Kardashian look, which was definitely not what I was going for!). Heather was so easy to talk to and she got along well with everyone in my party. She was extremely professional and had an air of Southern charm about her that I just loved.

I went in for my trial (their studio is very nice!) and Heather really took the time to study the pictures I'd brought and understand what I was looking for. She took a ton of notes on which products/shades looked good on me, so I was confident that my wedding day look would go just as smoothly.

On the wedding day, Heather arrived right on time and was able to do makeup for 7 of us (me, MOB, MOG, and 4 bridesmaids). My mom and my husband's mom are both not used to wearing makeup and Heather gave them beautiful looks that they were comfortable with-they just looked like slightly enhanced versions of themselves. My makeup lasted all day (and in an outdoor August wedding, that's saying a lot). I cannot say enough good things about Heather and Tica! I will definitely book with them again for a special occasion and won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a makeup artist.

Profile Picture Sally, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Licensed, Group Discounts, Consultations, Makeup

Recently had Marti to do makeup for us for my daughter's wedding. Marti came to the hotel, well prepared and on time. She did an excellent job for each of us. Would not hesitate to book Tica Beauty for future events. Overall, can't say enough on the quality of service and professionalism provided by Marti.

Profile Picture User7100281, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti is a great person to work with! I love how she was very professional and was very helpful in helping me get the right look for my wedding. On the day of my wedding she traveled to my hotel and I loved that she was on time and kept to the schedule. I will definitely be using her services again in the future!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather did a great job on bridal makeup for me and my three bridesmaids. She was professional, talented, reliable, and a whole lot of fun! I felt very comfortable with her from the start of my makeup trial, which I felt was very reasonably priced. She took the time to listen to my concerns and my vision and offered suggestions. We didn’t get the look just right immediately, but Heather patiently listened to my concerns and made adjustments. I knew Heather had the talent and her style of makeup and personality was a good match for me, so I booked her for my wedding day. Since we had deviated from the initial plan at the start of the trial, I decided to get a second trial with her so I’d know exactly what it would look like on my wedding day. This wasn’t absolutely necessary, but it was worthwhile. On the wedding day, Heather showed up early and set up on time. She did beautiful work, was fun to be around, and fit in well with the girls! She gave me a very natural look that looked like me yet lasted through the night on a hot July day. I was happy with the makeup coverage, and pleased that I didn’t have the look of caked-on makeup with creases to age me (I am over 40)! My bridesmaids were radiant and beautiful! The blotting papers she gave me were great since our ceremony was in direct afternoon sunlight in 94 degrees! I do recommend to reapply lipstick after the first kiss before taking photos! Also, keep in mind that in order for the makeup to show up well in the photos, you will need more makeup than you may like when looking at yourself in the mirror. In summary, I highly recommend Heather to give you a pretty and natural wedding look that lasts! In addition to her makeup skills, she is a joy to have around!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews