Tica Beauty and Cosmetics Reviews

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics 2
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Wang · Married on 05/26/2019

Wedding day with Tica Beauty

I had an amazing experience with Tica Beauty for my wedding hair and makeup! After deciding a bit on the later side (about one month before my wedding) that I wanted to have my hair and makeup done professional, I reached out to Marti. She was SO kind, responsive, and helpful with every step of the process. I was able to get a trial in quickly with Alisa whom I had a great experience working with. I don't typically wear a lot of makeup but Alisa did a great job both on my trial and wedding day to get me a natural yet bridal look. She asks for your input every step of the way, but was I was also happy to just have her use her expertise when I didn't have a strong opinion. In the end I had a gorgeous updo and makeup that lasted ALL day in an outdoors summer wedding and could not be happier. My mom also had her makeup done by Alisa and had a GREAT experience and loved her look. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Marti and her team!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Nora · Married on 11/23/2018

Beautiful makeup and so easy to work with!

Working with Tica could not have been a better experience. The team was great about being responsive and flexible while I worked out the trial details and the morning of details. My makeup artist, Rita, was amazing. She did an array of styles for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids. She created beautiful looks from subtle and natural to bold and glam and everything in between. If you are looking for a great makeup team in the Northern Virginia area, I would absolutely recommend Tica!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Tica Beauty and Cosmetics 3

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Nora, it was a joy to be part of such a special day in your life! You looked AMAZING! We wish you lots of love, laughter and HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

Tara Smith · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful , very professional and personable

I had a wonderful experience with Marti and the make up artist Jen. I would absolutely recommend Tica to anyone and everyone! They made the whole wedding process and wedding day amazing! Thank you both so much!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Hi Tara, Thank you for the wonderful review, we thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your VERY special day!!! It was a pleasure ; )

Lindsey · Married on 10/06/2018

Marcia is Amazing!

Marcia is efficient, cheerful and helped kept us to our time schedule. In the beginning as someone who wears no makeup she was extremely helpful in guiding me into the stunning look I ended up in. She also did the mother of the brides and bridesmaids for my fall farm wedding. Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Hi Lindsey,
    Thank you for the great review ; ) it was a pleasure to be a part of your big day we thoroughly enjoy working with you from your trial to your wedding day...you looked AMAZING!!

Mary Kate · Married on 07/21/2018

My bridal party and I had a wonderful experience working with the Tica Beauty team. The make-up artists were excellent and truly listened to what I wanted to feel beautiful on my big day. I would recommend this team to all of my friends!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Mary Kate, it was a real pleasure!
  • z

z · Married on 07/21/2018

Excellent make-up products and very talented make-up artists. Their price for a bridal party is very reasonable and they are very accommodating and responsive when scheduling trials, etc. The artists are good at listening to your needs and careful not to over-do the make-up, which I appreciated greatly.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Hi Zina,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we enjoyed every moment of our interaction with you on and before your very special day!!

Lexie · Married on 07/06/2018

Marti at Tica was fantastic to work with for my daughter's wedding. She and an assistant took care of me, the bride, and all the bridesmaids. Everyone was happy with their look and Marti was careful to listen to what each person was looking for. She is just terrific.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Lexie! Jamie, you and her group of ladies where so wonderful to work with!

Carolyn · Married on 06/30/2018

My sister found Marti almost ten years ago when she got married and when I got engaged, I knew exactly who to call for my wedding makeup! Marti is so easy and nice to work with - I always get nervous when getting professional makeup done because I worry that I won't look like myself. She totally understood that concern and my wedding day makeup looked perfect! Thank you, Marti!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you, It was such a pleasure!!!

Allison · Married on 06/30/2018

Tica Beauty was recommended to me by a friend of mine who's best friend had used their services for her wedding. Her pictures were beautiful and I decided to book their services as well. I had a wonderful experience with them from the trial all the way through the day of my wedding! Marti was so easy to talk with and always so responsive. Our wonderful artist, Miranda, was fun, personable, professional, and did a fantastic job on the brides, bridesmaids, and MOB/MOG. She arrived to the hotel on time (early even!) and was ready to rock. I am thankful I decided to go with Tica Beauty and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Allison, it was a pleasure ; ))

Elise · Married on 06/16/2018

We very much enjoyed our experience with Marti & her team-they did a fantastic job!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Hi Elly, It was such a pleasure working with you and your Mom on such a special day ; ) Thank you for the opportunity!

LJ · Married on 03/10/2018

Marti was a dream to work with. I am not much of a "make up" person, but wanted to be beautiful for my wedding. Marti listened to what I wanted and created a beautifully natural look for me. I felt cared for and gorgeous! Thank you Marti and Tica!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Nicole · Married on 01/06/2018

Karina did the most amazing job on my makeup for my wedding on 6 January 2018. I felt and looked just like a bride should look on her wedding day. I felt the most beautiful that I have ever felt in my life. I am so grateful to have had this vendor to make my day so special and so perfect. Karina and Marti where so responsive and had the best energy ever. Karina was so attuned to my needs as a bride and listened to everything!!! I more than highly recommend this vendor!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Tica Beauty and Cosmetics 4

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Nicole, it was an honor to be part of your VERY special day!!

Katie · Married on 10/21/2017

We loved Marcia! My trial was great with her, she was so helpful and really put me at ease. I'm a natural, minimal makeup kind of girl and was really afraid to wear a ton of makeup, but she provided me with a balance of natural and event-appropriate for pictures. Marcia was on time on the day of and all set up before we even got there. She was very pleasant and chatted with everyone while doing their makeup...she may be my mom's new best friend! The makeup looked outstanding. So happy we chose TICA Beauty! Marti was also super helpful throughout the planning phase, thanks Marti!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hi Katie,
    Thank you so much for choosing Tica Beauty for your VERY special day!!! It was an honor to be part of it!!
    We wish you lot's of LOVE, LAUGHTER and HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!

Gayle · Married on 10/19/2017

I just had my annual work Gala in DC and had my makeup done by Marti. I don't usually wear the color red or feel comfortable doing my make-up (especially the eyes) for evening events. Marti made my eyes pop, selected the right color pairing for my gown and all I needed to do was throw on my dress and get ready for pictures which came out stunning.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

Marti is fantastic! She did an amazing job on me and everyone in the bridal party, including my mother!
    She is a delight to work with and you will be so glad with her results!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Laura, you were a joy to work with!!

Sarah · Married on 07/22/2017

Heather did makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law and some of my bridesmaids. She did a fabulous job in accommodating for each person's personal taste. Heather is super personable and a pleasure to work with! She definitely made me feel beautiful on my big day!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Sarah, it was a pleasure!!

Meredith · Married on 07/08/2017

Would highly recommend this vendor! From the first contact to the final service the vendor was prompt and courteous. Most of all, the vendor made me relaxed and happy on my big day. I knew I was in good hands and that helped relieve so much stress. Cannot thank them enough. I worked with Marti and Heather -- FABULOUS women!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Bethany · Married on 06/17/2017

Heather was just amazing for my wedding! What a wonderful time we had enjoying getting ready! Not only is she amazing at the makeup she does, but she is also fun to be around, and caring of those she is working with. She made sure my Bridesmaid with eye issues felt comfortable and took her time working with her! My makeup also stayed on all day long dispite the hot temperatures and rain during the day! She is a true professional and I would recommend anyone to work with her!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Sheryl · Married on 05/25/2017

Marti is so delightful! She did the makeup for my daughter's senior pictures. Marti did an excellent job of understanding how much makeup my daughter was comfortable wearing and then tailored that to a beautiful look that would photograph well. We both loved the result. I would highly recommend Tica for anyone who wants makeup done for that special occasion.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Brooke · Married on 05/20/2017

Heather was my main point of contact for my wedding day. She was the lead artist and Marcia assisted. Both of these ladies were absolutely wonderful. They were on time, came in to the hotel, took charge, arranged themselves in a way that best suited their needs, stayed on schedule and they made everyone look AMAZING. The make-up was so lovely and every girl looked their best and everyone felt comfortable. Sometimes make-up can be overdone and this was not the case. They listened to each girl and did custom make-up for everyone. My bridal make-up was perfect, lasted the whole day and the pictures are stunning. Leading up to the wedding Heather was communicating with me regularly making sure everything was in order. She was quick to respond, easy to coordinate with and very organized. Thank you Heather for my wonderful make-up and for making everything run so smoothly. I would highly recommend Tica Beauty!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Brooke, Thank you so much for the wonderful review, it was a pleasure to be a part of such a special day in your life!! Cheers, Marti

Lori · Married on 01/28/2017

I am so happy that we chose her for our makeup on my daughter's special day. We selected Marti based on recommendations from 2 other brides. She was a joy to work with. Very professional and super-talented. Would totally recommend her services to others.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Hi Lori,
    It was an honor!

Emily · Married on 01/23/2017

Are you kidding me? Marti has a wand! I am an older women with the mind set natural is beautiful. (Well maybe in years gone by. ) So I made an appointment with Tica Beauty to shed some light on this face of mine. Incredibly I was shown how less is more! I am wearing makeup now (never did!) and feel very natural .......and pretty! My face has a glow that hasn't been there for a looooong time. I love Tica Beauty makeup and Marti's guidance.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Emily!! It was a pleasure working with you!

April · Married on 10/30/2016

I adore Marti and the Tica products, and felt beautiful on my wedding day. What a relief it was to find Tica, which aligned perfectly with my vision; I wanted my look to be light, fresh, and special for the day....but still me. I didn't feel as though I was wearing more makeup than usual; the Tica products felt airy. Marti listened to and executed my vision for the day. My mom (who is very picky about beauty products) was also very pleased the results of her mother-of-the-bride session. Not only is Marti talented, receptive, prompt, and affordable, she is fun and was a delight to have around before our wedding. Most of all, I developed a great trust of Marti and her craft, which made all the difference on our wedding day--makeup was something I didn't worry about at all!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Wow!!! Thanks for a great review ; ) It was a pleasure to be a part of such a special day for you and your family!! I wish you lot's of Love, Laughter and Happily Ever After!!!
  • Sherri

Sherri · Married on 10/01/2016

I found Marti after a last minute referral. I wasn't planning on having my wedding makeup done but changed my mind a few weeks before the wedding. I'm so glad I did! It was so worth it! Not only did I feel and look amazing, but it made my bridesmaids feel very special for the wedding as well! Marti was so great at understanding what I wanted and I have never felt as beautiful as I did for my wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Tica Beauty and Cosmetics's reply:

Thank you Sherri, it was an honor!

Cara · Married on 10/01/2016

Marti and Marcia were life savers!!! My original make up artist pulled out last minute and by a miracle they still had an opening. I never really wear make up so my now husband and I wanted to make sure I looked beautiful but still like myself. During my make up trial Marcia took the time to listen to me carefully and really understand what I wanted. She also was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The day of she showed up on time and worked tirelessly to do 7 peoples make up on our tight time line. Everyone was ecstatic with the final results! I would definitely use Tica Beauty again and recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 12/05/2016