201 Reviews for Tica Beauty and Cosmetics

Licensed (2)
Airbrush Makeup (2)
Natural Makeup (1)
182 Tica Beauty and Cosmetics Reviews

Tica Beauty was great to work with for my big day! They are slightly more expensive than some other make-up artists, but they have their own line of cosmetic products (available for purchase) and really work with you to create your desired look. I'd recommend Tica to any bride-to-be, especially Marcia and Miranda!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My bridal party and I had a wonderful experience working with the Tica Beauty team. The make-up artists were excellent and truly listened to what I wanted to feel beautiful on my big day. I would recommend this team to all of my friends!

Profile Picture Mary Kate, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Excellent make-up products and very talented make-up artists. Their price for a bridal party is very reasonable and they are very accommodating and responsive when scheduling trials, etc. The artists are good at listening to your needs and careful not to over-do the make-up, which I appreciated greatly.

Profile Picture z, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti at Tica was fantastic to work with for my daughter's wedding. She and an assistant took care of me, the bride, and all the bridesmaids. Everyone was happy with their look and Marti was careful to listen to what each person was looking for. She is just terrific.

Profile Picture Lexie, 7/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tica Beauty was recommended to me by a friend of mine who's best friend had used their services for her wedding. Her pictures were beautiful and I decided to book their services as well. I had a wonderful experience with them from the trial all the way through the day of my wedding! Marti was so easy to talk with and always so responsive. Our wonderful artist, Miranda, was fun, personable, professional, and did a fantastic job on the brides, bridesmaids, and MOB/MOG. She arrived to the hotel on time (early even!) and was ready to rock. I am thankful I decided to go with Tica Beauty and I would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My sister found Marti almost ten years ago when she got married and when I got engaged, I knew exactly who to call for my wedding makeup! Marti is so easy and nice to work with - I always get nervous when getting professional makeup done because I worry that I won't look like myself. She totally understood that concern and my wedding day makeup looked perfect! Thank you, Marti!!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We very much enjoyed our experience with Marti & her team-they did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture Elise, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Great experience- my mom and sister and I got our makeup done for our sisters wedding. We looked wonde til but still natural. Just like our best selves. Also the Tica products are great, especially the lip stain we purchased for touch ups.

Profile Picture M, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti was a dream to work with. I am not much of a "make up" person, but wanted to be beautiful for my wedding. Marti listened to what I wanted and created a beautifully natural look for me. I felt cared for and gorgeous! Thank you Marti and Tica!

Profile Picture LJ, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Karina did the most amazing job on my makeup for my wedding on 6 January 2018. I felt and looked just like a bride should look on her wedding day. I felt the most beautiful that I have ever felt in my life. I am so grateful to have had this vendor to make my day so special and so perfect. Karina and Marti where so responsive and had the best energy ever. Karina was so attuned to my needs as a bride and listened to everything!!! I more than highly recommend this vendor!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

We loved Marcia! My trial was great with her, she was so helpful and really put me at ease. I'm a natural, minimal makeup kind of girl and was really afraid to wear a ton of makeup, but she provided me with a balance of natural and event-appropriate for pictures. Marcia was on time on the day of and all set up before we even got there. She was very pleasant and chatted with everyone while doing their makeup...she may be my mom's new best friend! The makeup looked outstanding. So happy we chose TICA Beauty! Marti was also super helpful throughout the planning phase, thanks Marti!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Discounts, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I just had my annual work Gala in DC and had my makeup done by Marti. I don't usually wear the color red or feel comfortable doing my make-up (especially the eyes) for evening events. Marti made my eyes pop, selected the right color pairing for my gown and all I needed to do was throw on my dress and get ready for pictures which came out stunning.

Profile Picture Gayle, 10/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Great experience! Thank you !!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marti is fantastic! She did an amazing job on me and everyone in the bridal party, including my mother!
She is a delight to work with and you will be so glad with her results!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather did makeup for me, my mom, my mother in law and some of my bridesmaids. She did a fabulous job in accommodating for each person's personal taste. Heather is super personable and a pleasure to work with! She definitely made me feel beautiful on my big day!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Makeup

Would highly recommend this vendor! From the first contact to the final service the vendor was prompt and courteous. Most of all, the vendor made me relaxed and happy on my big day. I knew I was in good hands and that helped relieve so much stress. Cannot thank them enough. I worked with Marti and Heather -- FABULOUS women!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather was just amazing for my wedding! What a wonderful time we had enjoying getting ready! Not only is she amazing at the makeup she does, but she is also fun to be around, and caring of those she is working with. She made sure my Bridesmaid with eye issues felt comfortable and took her time working with her! My makeup also stayed on all day long dispite the hot temperatures and rain during the day! She is a true professional and I would recommend anyone to work with her!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Heather was wonderful and I am so very happy that I asked her to be a part of my wedding day. My makeup looked beautiful. My only little sadness was that my false lashed didn't survive the multiple bouts of happy tears and the 95 degree day. I am sure there wasn't much that could have been done about that but it was sad to take them off mid reception. Heather definitely kept us on time and calm and I would definitely recommend her to any one of my friends.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marti is so delightful! She did the makeup for my daughter's senior pictures. Marti did an excellent job of understanding how much makeup my daughter was comfortable wearing and then tailored that to a beautiful look that would photograph well. We both loved the result. I would highly recommend Tica for anyone who wants makeup done for that special occasion.

Profile Picture Sheryl, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Heather was my main point of contact for my wedding day. She was the lead artist and Marcia assisted. Both of these ladies were absolutely wonderful. They were on time, came in to the hotel, took charge, arranged themselves in a way that best suited their needs, stayed on schedule and they made everyone look AMAZING. The make-up was so lovely and every girl looked their best and everyone felt comfortable. Sometimes make-up can be overdone and this was not the case. They listened to each girl and did custom make-up for everyone. My bridal make-up was perfect, lasted the whole day and the pictures are stunning. Leading up to the wedding Heather was communicating with me regularly making sure everything was in order. She was quick to respond, easy to coordinate with and very organized. Thank you Heather for my wonderful make-up and for making everything run so smoothly. I would highly recommend Tica Beauty!!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/20/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marti and the Tica Beauty team were an absolute joy to work with!! They not only did a terrific job with the makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law; but they made it fun and relaxing. Prices we're very fair compared to other places I researched, and the trial was more than worth it because it made me feel very at ease the day of. The makeup lasted all day/night without needing touch-ups. I highly recommend Tica Beauty for any bride in the DMV area!!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am so happy that we chose her for our makeup on my daughter's special day. We selected Marti based on recommendations from 2 other brides. She was a joy to work with. Very professional and super-talented. Would totally recommend her services to others.

Profile Picture User7828009, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Are you kidding me? Marti has a wand! I am an older women with the mind set natural is beautiful. (Well maybe in years gone by. ) So I made an appointment with Tica Beauty to shed some light on this face of mine. Incredibly I was shown how less is more! I am wearing makeup now (never did!) and feel very natural .......and pretty! My face has a glow that hasn't been there for a looooong time. I love Tica Beauty makeup and Marti's guidance.

Profile Picture Emily, 1/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I adore Marti and the Tica products, and felt beautiful on my wedding day. What a relief it was to find Tica, which aligned perfectly with my vision; I wanted my look to be light, fresh, and special for the day....but still me. I didn't feel as though I was wearing more makeup than usual; the Tica products felt airy. Marti listened to and executed my vision for the day. My mom (who is very picky about beauty products) was also very pleased the results of her mother-of-the-bride session. Not only is Marti talented, receptive, prompt, and affordable, she is fun and was a delight to have around before our wedding. Most of all, I developed a great trust of Marti and her craft, which made all the difference on our wedding day--makeup was something I didn't worry about at all!

Profile Picture April, 10/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These ladies are excellent! They did a fabulous job on me, my sisters, and the moms for my October wedding. My husband, who isn't normally a "fan" of makeup, kept telling me how gorgeous and "glowy" everyone looked. We really did all look like our "best selves." The makeup was on point, not too overbearing, and incredibly flattering. Heather was the best and was able to do 5 different ladies in our tight time period, and worked very well coordinating with our hair artist as well. I wish she could come do my makeup for every big event!

Profile Picture Grace, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews