48 Reviews for Thrills From the Grill

Vegan (2)
Family Style (1)
Caribbean (1)
47 Thrills From the Grill Reviews

Belo and his team are THE BEST I could have ever been lucky enough to find. He was eager and excited to listen to our ideas and come to life. Any time I had a question about other reception-related questions, he was also available to provide his wisdom and expertise to offer suggestions. His prices were very reasonable for the amount of food and the service that was provided to our guests and everyone was happy throughout the night. Belo not only did a tasting with my parents (since we are military and were planning from out of the area), but he also did a second, smaller tasting for me when I came to visit my family for a short time, only a few months before the wedding. His team was friendly and made my husband and I feel like the most important people, and that meant a lot to us. My family has already said that they will be using him to cater other events in the future!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/5/18, 14 Reviews

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/5/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Catering

Belo and the team at Thrills is fantastic. Belo Shelton knows his way around the wedding circuit and not only cooks delicious food, but is happy to introduce you to other vendors in the area - he helped us find our DJ and rentals. From the very first meeting Belo was warm and energetic and genuinely seemed excited to get to know us and our food preferences. Belo was extremely flexible, happy to work with our budget and whatever menu we wanted and his ceviche is AMAZING. Thrills made preparations easy - taking on the task of figuring out our rental orders for us, getting cakes and desserts ready, and handling most of the decisions via email and/or with other vendors as necessary - and the serving staff was friendly and attentive as well.

Profile Picture Polly, 3/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Thrills from the Grill seriously made our wedding reception perfect! The food was amazing, the service was great, and Belo was super helpful in planning everything. We cannot recommend them enough!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Samantha & Mathew, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Belo, Johnny, and the rest of the staff were wonderful to work with!! I got married at the end of May, and Thrills catered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Both nights, the food was AMAZING!! Rehearsal dinner was laid back BBQ-themed (I could have eaten 3 plates if I hadn't had to fit into a wedding dress the next day), and reception was tenderloin, braised turkey breast (to DIE for!), mahi with mango salsa, and some different sides. I had several guests come up and tell me it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. One of the first things Belo told me when we met was "We make sure our couples get to eat!" He was not lying! When my husband and I got to our table, Johnny met us and asked what we would like and brought our plates straight out. My husband cleaned his plate, and I had a few bites (nerves! But I killed it at the hotel later!) They are extremely easy to talk to and work with, very down-to-earth but professional, and their food is just seriously amazing. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ally, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Southern, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Thrills from the Grill! Belo, Johnny, and team are simply phenomenal! They are extremely responsive via email and phone. They listen to your thoughts, input, and concerns. They really want to make your day exactly how you want it. We had a somewhat funny request to serve all vegetarian food to our guests, who were almost all meat eaters. We were concerned about ensuring the food was hearty and savory. . . so not all lettuce wraps! Belo and his team took on the challenge with enthusiasm and had fun crafting a delicious and satisfying menu. Our guests loved it! Some of them didn't even notice that it was all veg. The food was outstanding, the service was extremely professional and Belo and his team are incredibly kind and thoughtful. Johnny handled a lot of the details leading up to the event and bartended for us. He did an awesome job! He is completely in his element behind the bar: responsive, friendly, and very attentive to the guests' needs. We were beyond pleased with their service and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Thrills From The Grill! You absolutely helped make our wedding the most memorable, enjoyable, and *delicious* day we could have imagined! From the beginning, we knew it would be a blessing to work with Belo and his staff - they were so friendly, personal, and helpful! Secondly, Belo, Johnny and staff truly care about the bride and groom, wanting them to enjoy their big day and not worry about a thing! I didn't worry one bit and actually sat and ate all of my food! I only wish I would have had some leftovers the next day :) From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for working with us to build our southern style wedding menu and for running everything so smoothly on the day-of!!!! We couldn't have done it without you!

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bello was fantastic from the very beginning to consult with us and schedule a tasting with my family before the wedding. We are so glad to have relied on his team for expertise and assistance on our wedding day! The day before Johnny went out of his way to purchase champagne flutes because we forgot to order them! The food was delicious and his staff performed above and beyond.

Profile Picture Tabitha, 8/12/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Stations

I would recommend Thrills to anyone. Belo is the man and accommodates you however he can. I originally fell in love with Thrills when I first had their pimento cheese so they were our first and only caterer we tried. He came up with a menu for us steak and chicken lovers but also had our favorite crab cakes and pimento cheese for appetizers! The results were phenomenal! Two weeks before the wedding we did our walk through with Johnny the catering coordinator who was an absolute life saver and truly put my mind to ease. My reception venue was out doors and everyone had to be brought in such as rentals and food. During the event the Thrills team were so amazing and responsive! Johnny was very responsive to when I would need him or help the week before the wedding and when things were going a little crazy he handled it all. He kept saying “Saturday will be perfect” and he could not have been more right! Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was and I would get comments multiple days later about the superb quality of the food. Multiple people have asked for Thrills' info to use them in the future! No doubt if I ever have another event I would use Thrills again because Belo and Johnny and their staff are amazing

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5518426, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Liquor License, Local, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Belo and his staff were FABULOUS to work with for our outdoor formal farm wedding. His menu was imaginative, food delicious and VERY plentiful. He connected us to some other professional vendors and worked with us and them to create the perfect event. At the last minute we planned an additional brunch for the day after the wedding. Belo jumped to it and created a SECOND great experience. We had NO complaints and only praise for the professionalism, quality and value of Thrills from the Grill. We will not hesitate to call Belo for our next event, whatever that may be as I know it will exceed our expectations!

Profile Picture User6786677, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Southern

OMG! So I was skeptical about a grill service for our wedding reception! The tasting was great but the actual meal was beyond expectations! Belo (the owner) is a down home fellow with an insight to what's new different and tasty! I'm from the South and my husband is from California! He came up with a menu that complimented both of our tastes in food! Not only that, he listened to us during the tasting and thought we would like the Peruvian Seviche more than another item on our appetizer list. The results were phenomenal! During the event and leading up to Johnny the catering coordinator was "Johnny on the Spot!" During the event the Thrills team were so amazing and responsive! I heard Johnnie say during the load in "we are going to have a great event for these guys....this is what we do!" He could not have been so right! Our guests could not stop raving about the food! I received texts and emails and comments multiple days later about the superb quality of the food. Multiple people have asked for Thrills' info to use them in the future! We can't thank Belo and Johnnie enough for making our special night such a success!

Profile Picture Justin , 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Caribbean, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

BOOK THEM! The food was absolutely incredible. Melt in your mouth, smack your mama GOOD food. The appetizers were phenomenal and a huge hit. The staff were all so sweet. We have had several people tell us that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. We did stations and Belo really had great ideas to help us shape each one into a different "theme". NC BBQ to a Taco Bar to an amazing Pork Steak all with delicious sides. Johnny was the man on our big day! We heard from everyone that we wouldn't get to eat but not with Thrills and Johnny. We didn't move from our table and they brought us each a plate from each station AND we had to go containers for when we got back to our hotel. 5 stars in all categories!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Mexican, Southern

Thrills from the Grill come to your venue and cook on site. They will also meet with you to make a menu that is best for you.

Profile Picture User5235669, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Thrills did an amazing job at our wedding this past weekend. They were so easy to work with and responded immediately every time I contacted them. If you're looking for your food to be a main attraction at your wedding definitely use these guys. Everything was delicious and my guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had!

Profile Picture User5561599, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We really only looked at one caterer, and we're so glad we did! We got married this weekend and Thrills from the Grill did a fantastic job! They made us feel less nervous about everything and helped to make sure everything was in place. They made the food onsite and it was so tasty. We had barbeque for dinner and got so many compliments on it! We brought our own beer and wine and Johnny did a wonderful job at the bar. I was impressed every step of the way and so thankful for their great work!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 10/3/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Southern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License

I wanted my event to be a little different from the traditional "same old" weddings. So, I chose TFTG because of the uniqueness and variety of food they offered. Need I say that TFTG exceeded my expectations. I still have attendees raving about how great the food was and especially the awesome service from the staff. They went above and beyond the normal event services. They assisted me throughout the entire planning process and on the day of my wedding, they gave special attention and care to detail and to the my guests. I would recommend TFTG to everyone and will be using them again for my future parties.

Profile Picture Libby, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Southern, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License

The only thing better than Belo's food is Belo himself! The food was incredible, and he made our wedding reception a hit that people still talk about years later. I was the groom, and so I normally wouldn't care about these kinds of things, but Belo was so amazing that I sill recommend him to people years later. So, why was he so good? Let's start the smell you experienced when you walked up the sidewalk to go into the reception hall. You could smell the meat grilling out back, and it made your mouth water. Did the meat live up to the hype? Absolutely! Then we had a mash potato bar. Those have become more popular in recent years, but was pretty innovative when we got married. You filled up a martini glass with mashed potatoes and toppings, and you loved it. People couldn't stop talk about how much they liked this idea....which was Belo's idea. Lastly, the service and attention that Belo and his team put on me and my bride is something I still appreciate today. He had stations, but he pulled together plates made to order for my wife and me, and he made me a special pitcher of Arnold Palmer, which was not served the rest of our guests. His attention to detail, and focus on creating a great experience for my wife and me made the reception a cherished memory for me. Guys....tell your fiances to give Belo a call. You'll not regret it. Seriously.

Profile Picture Brad, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Southern

We used Thrills from the Grill for our wedding and would highly recommend them! I'm a food lover and it was important to me to have really delicious (but non-pretentious) food at the wedding. We had consultations and tastings with several different catering companies in the area, and even with some of the big name companies we were impressed with the service but not so much with the food. Not the case with Thrills...Belo, the owner, is a true Southern guy with a passion for cooking and really good food. We couldn't get enough at our tasting, each dish we ate was better than the last. They can do anything from down-home barbecue and fried deliciousness to more "upscale" type dishes, and everything is cooked on-site and therefore really fresh tasting. Belo can create any menu and any dish you want, because he just knows food and how to make it awesome tasting. In terms of logistics, our manager and bartender for the wedding was Johnny and he was great to work with. He was thorough in planning where everything would go and when everything would happen, and making sure we had enough servers but weren't overpaying for labor. They also made sure my husband and I got served first so that we would be able to eat at our own wedding and still have plenty of time to mingle. Everything went smoothly the day of and we got lots of compliments on the food!

Profile Picture Caroline, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Thank you Belo and staff for helping to make our daughter's wedding a success!! Words cannot express how wonderful the food was and the incredible service from your staff. We wanted our daughters wedding to be memorable and with the recommendations you provided for wine selection, appetizers and meal our guests kept talking about how wonderful the food was. We have the highest recommendations for Thrills From The Grill and hope to have an occasion to work with you again! You all are the best kept secret in Durham!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Thrills from the Grill is THE place to go for your catering needs~!! Belo made me feel like I was the only person he was working with and the entire crew are classy, fun and top notch with customer service!! Johnny is as sweet as they come and the food is THE BEST BBQ I've had!! Everyone at our wedding raved about the food and went back for seconds! They were on time, easy to work with and we had fun with them at our wedding. If I ever have an option to cater again I will not hesitate to use their services. Outstanding food and service, you can't go wrong! We had bbq, fried chicken, mac and cheese, corn muffins, slaw and pineapple baked beans! Thank you Thrills from the Grill!

Profile Picture Kristin, 12/6/14, 4 Reviews

Fantastic!

We adore them so much. We actually have befriended the owners too. Every EVERYONE raved about the food at the wedding. Grilled on site goodness. Me being vegetarian, and my husband only really liking poultry meats, they helped meet our diet needs and made it fantastic. They also acted like our impromptu wedding planner and really helped guide the night. Our menu included:

apps:
Homemade Pimento Cheese w/ Crackers, Celery and Carrots,
Honey-roasted Vidalia Onion Spring Rolls w/ Honey-Wasabi Reduction.

Main Menu:
buffet grilled Apple Juice-brined Turkey Breast w/ grilled Apples
grilled BBQ Chicken w/ Hogwash BBQ Sauce
Curried Tomatoes and Chickpeas over Quinoa
Sweet Potato-Rosemary Hash
Grilled Veggies: inc. Eggplant, Squash, Onions, Portabellas and Red Bells
Yeast Rolls w/ Butter
Unsweetened Tea and Jamaica (1/2 swet) w/ Lime

For dessert we cut the pie instead of the cake and we had
House-made Pies:
Rustic Apple-Pear w/ Walnut-Oatmeal Crumble (leftovers for breakfast was amazing);
Lemon Cream (husband loved this one)
Bourbon-Chocolate-Chip-Pecan (omg, I could eat the whole thing)

There was a corking fee, but very reasonable. We had a choice of different plates and we went with the eco-ware disposable kind that actually was thick and good quality. This cut the price too instead of using "china" which they had as well. We went with black table linen instead of white, and it was no issue. At the end of the night, there weren't any leftovers cause everyone had seconds (and thirds). They got their stuff together.

Profile Picture Kim, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the very beginning I loved working with Belo for our wedding! He made a stressful process simple and easy and was extremely accommodating of our budget. He customized our menu to be perfect for us and even helped with our special dessert. I loved the fact that they cooked on site. I heard over and over again from our wedding guests that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! I highly recommend Belo and his team for any event!

Profile Picture Em, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Local, Southern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Vegan, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We actually chose Thrills from the Grill because we were at a wedding and were wowed by the food. Generally I HATE catered food at weddings because it's never fresh and it all has a bland flavor where everything tastes the same (not sure how caterers get the chicken and mashed potatoes taste the same) but the Thrills from the Grill's food from that wedding was AMAZING! We loved that they cooked it on-site and it was fresh. So we knew we had to have them as our caterer for our wedding. The whole team was great to work with. From helping us find a venue to host our reception, to working with us on the food selection, to helping us determine the number of plates and glassware, tables, and table clothes we needed, to helping figure out the alcohol count, to helping us figure out the itinerary for the reception. The walk through at the venue 2 weeks before was a great help for us in organizing/coordinating everything else for the reception. They made this part of wedding planning so relaxing and easy. Not to mention, the food was also AMAZING at our wedding. My mom initially was like, seriously, bbq for a wedding? And let me tell you, it was rustic chic and delicious. We had so many guests at the reception and even months after tell us how amazing the food was. They were great to work with and provided great food!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 1/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing! Belo was absolutely incredible. I had a specific menu in mind for the wedding and he was very eager to accommodate our wishes. His food is amazing and his presence at the wedding was awesome. He was so energetic and I was excited to see him mingling with our guests. They loved the food and loved Belo- who wouldn't - HE IS GREAT! I would highly recommend using Thrills from the Grill for your next event. I hope to have another opportunity to work with him again.

Profile Picture Rachael , 10/20/12, 2 Reviews