Three Fish Fiesta Reviews

23 | Palm Harbor, FL

23 Reviews for Three Fish Fiesta

Elissa · Married on 11/28/2015

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding Shannon shot and I cannot say enough about her. She captured our group's quirky personalities perfectly. Shannon is extremely personable and makes the experience fun and enjoyable; her personality leaves people completely at ease. I would recommend Waking Hours for every event!

Thank you Shannon!!

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2013

Shannon recently photographed my wedding, and I could not be happier! She also did my engagement session earlier in February. I have had SO many compliments on the love, silliness, and tenderness in each photo that Shannon took. When you are getting photographed, it can be super awkward and nobody knows what to do with their hands, where to stand, where to look, etc. Shannon made EVERYONE feel so comfortable and at the end of our photography session, my whole family and bridal party was giddy with the joy and laughter that leaks out of Shannon. She is a FABULOUS photographer, but more importantly, she is kind, sweet, and truly lovely (on the inside and out). I would recommend Shannon to my mom, my best friend, my boss...ANYONE. She was BY FAR the best vendor I hired throughout the whole wedding process.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Working with Shannon for our wedding on 6/20/2013 was divine. She has such a beautiful personality and her photographic eye is astoundingly gifted. There is something about the way Shannon captures images that makes everyone look and feel beautiful. She is such a powerful force for positivity and good that her energy infects even the grumpiest of wedding guest. I can not wait for our next big adventure so that we can have Shannon capture it. If you are looking for images that will represent you on your day you should choose Three Fish Fiesta. Tonia and Carmen

Sent on 07/20/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/26/2012

Shannon and her second photographer showed up on time and were very professional throughout the entire weekend! She travelled over 4 hours to my wedding site and was bubbly and ready to go every time I saw her. Shannon captured every single moment of my wedding day, including the shots that no one else even noticed! She paid close attention to detail and immortalized my day in a way that I will cherish forever! Her work is worth every penny I paid for it and I would recommend her hands down to anyone that needs photography work done!

Sent on 11/22/2012

Megan · Married on 09/08/2012

Shannon Kalahar, owner of Waking Hours Photography and the new, fabulous, photography adventure Three Fish Fiesta, is the perfect blend of professional and fun. Her love, patience, creativity and hard work at my wedding produced some truly stunning photographs. Shannon took the time to compile lists of important family members necessary for family portraits. She learned inside jokes and memories to make sure the wedding photos were personal and candid. She arrived full of energy and excitement. After four hours she still had a smile on her face, as she ran around finding new angles, sweet moments, and beautifully unexpected images. I am beyond satisfied with the photographs and the photographer!

Sent on 10/06/2012

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2012

We first decided to use Shannon of Waking Hours Photography as she was a friend of my husbands. Having seen her work on her website we were pretty confident that she would provide us with the style and quality of photography that we were looking for.

Shannon first did our engagement photos about 9 months prior to our wedding and they turned out absolutely fabulous. Shannon traveled to Sarasota to meet with us for a 2 hour session, she instructed us through several changes in scenery and wardrobe changes and caught us at our best. We KNEW we were in for a ton of wonderful photos for our wedding day!

Shannon was so much more than just a wedding photographer. She jumped in to help in many aspects of our wedding, such as finding the site coordinator to get areas of our venue open, carried all sorts of things, and ran crowd control. She helped our day run so smoothly. Shannon met with me a week before the wedding at our venue to review where we would like to have bridal portraits, our first look, family photos, etc. And even when we changed things up on her at the last minute she kept her cool and was very very flexible, working with us every step of the way. Shannon's bright and bubbly personality entertained us and our families and got us to some great portraits!

Not only was her work of high quality but she also got sneak peak photos back to us quickly and had our complete album ready for us to review 4 weeks after the wedding (2 weeks after our engagement session). She is also so open for any editing changes that you have after you get to review the photos.

Even though we knew we wanted to use Shannon early on I also compared prices of other local photographers and could not believe the incredible deal we were getting for the 7 hours of photography coverage compared to other vendors in our area.

Please use Waking Hours Photography for your event! On quality, value, flexibility, and professional partnership you cannot do better!!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Callie · Married on 08/03/2012

All I can say is WOW! Shannon's eye to capture such magical moments was amazing. She was professional, kind, and everyone at our wedding has said nothing but amazing things about her. She is not just a photographer but a true artist. Recommended for EVERYONE!!

Shari · Married on 08/03/2012

So glad we chose Shannon Kalahar as our wedding photographer! Not only was she professional, she was great fun to work with. The photos turned out great. Her creativity added so much to the shots. Bravo Shannon!!!

lauren · Married on 08/03/2012

Shannon, you did amazing! Can't wait to see the photos!!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Shannon was wonderful photographer. The pictures came out amazing. She was really about to capture all the special moment of the nights. She did a great job.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Dory · Married on 06/22/2012

Shannon, of Waking Hours Photography, is the consummate photographer!
    Intuitive and unobtrusive, she completely captured the joy, love, and beautiful simplicity of our daughter's wedding and family fun. We look at her photos in awe of the exquisite composition and the sentiment of the moment seized in each frame. We'll be forever grateful.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Shannon is amazing! She has photographed several sessions for my husband and I. Not only is she incredibly creative and gifted in photography, but very sweet and wonderful to work with. Simply put: Shannon is THE best!

Sent on 07/10/2012

andy · Married on 06/22/2012

To whom it may concern;
    We are very pleased to write a letter of recommendation on behalf of Shannon Kalahar. We had the pleasure of having Shannon take not only pictures of our wedding, but helping capture and store lifelong memories that will be cherished forever. We were very impressed with Shannon’s ability to capture every detail before, during and after the ceremony. She took fantastic pictures with us, created great pictures of our rings as well as included everyone who attended. She also helped us feel very comfortable while taking our pictures as she is very friendly, funny and easy going. In closing we would recommend Shannon for your wedding or for any occasion of which you may want to save precious memories.
    Respectfully,
    Andy and Mallory Kennedy

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2011

I've known Shannon since high school and it has been a joy to watch her artistic capabilities blossom throughout the years. I've always been a fan of her work and followed it religiously on her blog and Facebook. When a friend of mine was getting married in a few short weeks and lacked a photographer, there was no hesitation to suggest Shannon of Waking Hours Photography.

After seeing the beautiful photos that Shannon can produce of someone I know personally, I knew I had found my wedding photographer before I even found my groom! Shannon was the first and only photographer I spoke with regarding my wedding when the time did come. I did a little looking around for price comparison and it was obvious what a great deal Waking Hours Photography is. Now that the day has come and gone I can tell you that Shannon is worth every penny and more.

Shannon kept in touch with me throughout the planning process. Weeks ahead of the big day we discussed what kind of pictures we were wanting to achieve and the groups of people we wanted to focus on. On the wedding day she called upon our family members by name to set up for group shots. Despite being a personal friend, Shannon was professional and easy to work with--even when we were pressed for time to start the reception. My entire family has commented numerous times on how great she was in person and what beautiful photos she took! My husband and I are extremely happy with our photos and we cannot wait to put them on display in our home.

Finally, I've heard some wedding photographer horror stories. Shannon has a very reasonable contract that protects both parties. She is very true to her word and was still communicative after the wedding was over. You can trust her to give you the photos you want for a great price. She will follow through undoubtedly!

Sent on 08/18/2011

E. · Married on 12/14/2010

I highly suggest Waking Hours Photography. Here was my experience:

Shannon did our engagement photos and our wedding (courthouse in December, ceremony and the reception in April). Given that this is a wedding site, I'll go straight to the big day.

Shannon had an easy and organized process for making sure she knew the Who's-Who of the wedding, and for making sure she knew exactly what we wanted. She met with us beforehand for a sit-down to work out all the details, and I was impressed with her thorough approach. I left feeling secure in her expertise.

On the day itself, she handled my large, loud & occasionally pushy Italian family with grace and a sincere, delightful charm - so much so that she has an open invitation to my grandparents' house whenever she feels like making the drive!

She had us all giggling and being silly even more than usual for a wedding, and it showed in the amazing pictures that she produced. The photos range from poignant and touching to utterly hilarious, and always with an incredible eye for detail. When we reviewed our photos, we were continually amazed at the tiny details of the day that she managed to capture -- not a single thing overlooked!

She was very prompt in delivering our teaser set and our disc, and she even shipped my disc all the way to my honeymoon destination (I'll be here for four months)!

I am pleased to say that months later (for the first two sets) and a month later for the wedding, we are still receiving regular compliments!!

I really cannot shower this young lady with enough compliments but for the sake of brevity and the people reading this review, I'll stop here. We loved our photos, had a ton of fun making them, and if we were any happier with the product we'd probably just explode.

THANK YOU, Shannon!

Sent on 05/27/2011

Colleen · Married on 11/13/2010

Shannon is an extremely talented photographer! I was lucky enough to have her take our wedding photos. She goes above and beyond to accommodate her clients. Her photos always take me back to my wedding day and bring a smile to my face. I would recommend Waking Hours Photography to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2011

Rachelle · Married on 08/07/2010

Shannon was the perfect photographer AND MORE, if that's even possible. She really cared about what I wanted out of my wedding photos, and took the time to have a mini-interview with me a few weeks before to make sure that she captured every special person and group and aspect of the event in the exact style I wanted. Shannon has an incredible eye for the perfect shot, and our photos turned out so well, my sister-in-law hired her for her engagement photos a few months later! My family and I cannot speak more highly of her!

Sent on 04/24/2011

Noelani · Married on 06/26/2010

Shannon is an AMAZING photographer!! Her personality will make you love her instantly. She's very professional, and is all about making her customer(s) happy. We felt completely comfortable - instantly - with her doing our wedding photo shoot, after meeting her. Not to mention that it was amazing how creative she was with her shots! My husband and I are constantly getting complimented on our wedding pictures, but the true compliment belongs to Shannon, for her lovely talent behind that lense!! :D

Sent on 05/03/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2009

Waking Hours Photography is abosolutely wonderful. Shannon is a kind hearted person and knows how to capture true beauty in every picture she takes. We have used her services for several occasions; our wedding, maternity shots twice, and newborn pictures of our daughter, and we will be seeing her again in a few weeks when our son is born. I would and do highly recommend her to any and everyone. She is a joy to work with and has yet to disappoint!

Sent on 04/16/2011

Heather · Married on 06/07/2008

When Shannon was a student we took the opportunity to hire her and a "Professional Photographer". Hers are the only pictures I show of our wedding! She is so nice and is always looking to get the perfect shot. In addition to my husband and I's wedding, she has taken photos of my family in a family shoot, my newborn niece, and soon, my husband and I's first child. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for quality photos that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 04/16/2011

Kara · Married on 10/31/2009

Shannon is not only a wonderful person to work with - she is a SUPERB photographer. Extremely flexible, willing to work with you on anything, very friendly and gets along with everyone - she is a jack of all trades to boot! I have an will continue to recommend her to everyone I know.

Sent on 04/29/2011

Nathan · Married on 11/08/2009

Our wedding, like so many others, had its fair share of hiccups; but Shannon never missed a beat. She was punctual, professional, and accommodating. Shannon did a wonderful job interacting with our guests and capturing the mood and theme of the event. Her eye for both candid and choreographed shots is superb. I would heartily recommend Waking Hours Photography without reservation.

Sent on 08/14/2011

April · Married on 05/07/2011

To be honest I had high expectations.. I was a little saddened when I was looking at our photos and majority of the photos were of the groom and groomsmen. They were great shots! I mean real creative! But very very little of the bridesmaid and bride. I really love some of the photos and I was thrilled when we were asked to be featured on her webpage! I looked immediately to see which photos she choose, again it was photos of the groom and groomsmen, ok I married a really handsome man but show me some love.
    I really did get great pictures and would recommend Shannon to a friend, I just wish I could have gotten a few more shots of the girls and of the reception.

Sent on 07/01/2011

Three Fish Fiesta's reply:

Hi Heather,

I wanted to write you a quick note to thank you for your review. It helps me to know where I need to improve and I appreciate your honesty very much. I wanted to apologize for disappointing you. I always try to keep the bride in the spotlight and capture their emotions throughout the day while creating a story through the other elements. It was my goal to spend equal time with both groups; giving you a variety of single and group shots, candid and posed, so I was fairly surprised when I read your comments.
    I wanted to double check and so I spent time this morning organizing images into folders.

Including multiple edited versions there were
    Photos of you by yourself: 20
    Photos of Steve by himself: 17
    Photos of you with others (family, bridal party, and at reception): 207
    Photos of Steven with others (family, bridal party, and at reception): 93
    Photos of you both together (as a couple and with others): 245
    Details/Guests: 289

I did notice that most of the solo images of Steven were before the ceremony. We had spent that time making candid photos of you getting ready, with a few by the church and the majority posed images at the Hippodrome. Whatever the reason, there truly is no excuse for making you feel dissatisfied with your images. I know in the future to make sure to spend more time creating individual portraits of the bride and groom. I would be happy to give you a partial refund to compensate for the value you felt was lost. Please know that is not an incentive to change your review, because I truly do appreciate and respect your opinion, but I do want to make things as right as I can.

Best,