Thousand Acre Farm Reviews

Thousand Acre Farm 7
  • James

James Miller · Getting married on 01/15/2021

Farm venue

Very nice venue with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff

Sent on 01/13/2019

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

James thank you for the awesome review! It is a pleasure to work with people like you!

Susan Hynson
  • James

James Miller · Getting married on 01/15/2021

Very nice place

Lisa was very nice to us on the tour and really explained things

• Laura

Laura · Married on 12/22/2018

Thousand Acre Farm

Perfect venue. Beautiful inside and out! Highly recommend!

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

Once we pulled up to this gorgeous venue we knew this was the one!!! Everyone has been such a pleasure to interact with and we CANNOT wait for the day to come. I have already contacted some of their recommended vendors and they are lovely as well. I highly suggest that you definitely check them out for your special day!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Wow! Thank you for this great review of our venue, we promise you won't be disappointed.

Thousand Acre Farm

Annette Nelms · Married on 10/14/2018

Best kept secret

Thousand Acre Farm provided a fairy tale wedding for my daughter and her husband. The pictures online do not do this place justice; you have to see it to really appreciate how beautiful it is. Our guests were so impressed with the beauty of the venue and many commented that TAF seems to be a hidden gem. It is truly is beautiful! The owner clearly takes pride in place and it shows in how well kept it is. Lisa was our Day of Coordinator and she was fabulous!!! She was responsive and professional throughout the entire process. She and Mike both handled our horrible DJ with professionalism and were able to keep me calm during the DJ screw ups!!!! Keeping me calm can be difficult but Lisa managed to do it. Our wedding went off without a hitch. Everyone had a wonderful time and the bride and groom had the wedding of their dreams. I cannot say enough good things about this place or the staff who work at TAF! We feel very fortunate to have found this hidden gem!!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely Stunning Venue!

This place is absolutely gorgeous! The perfect modern, barn style wedding. It was the third venue we visited and knew while still driving up that it was the one. Often i feel as though pictures online look better than the place itself. Not TAF, the pictures do not do it justice! But its not only the site and views thats so wonderful- the staff is absolutely incredible. Our coordinator, Lisa, kept us on time, helped get us ready and handled the hiccups we had like a pro- keeping the wedding party calm at the same time! She helped set up and clean up and load all the decorations. I couldnt have asked for a better team or a better venue. I dont have the words to describe how amazing Thousand Acre Farm is, but our guests were raving about the venue for WEEKS after the wedding! Best choice ever!

Thousand Acre Farm 8
    Thousand Acre Farm 9
    Thousand Acre Farm 10

Kerr Kulesza · Married on 10/13/2018

A Fairy-tale Wedding

Thousand Acre Farms was not only an absolutely breath-taking wedding venue, it was everything and more my husband and I were looking for on our special day. My Day-Of-Coordinator, Sue, is actually one of the owners and she truly helped ensure the day went smoothly. From getting ready in the morning, to taking pictures, to our gorgeous ceremony, reception and dancing the night away I could not have asked for a smoother wedding. Plus, the venue is unlike anything you've ever seen and is just plain gorgeous! All of our family and friends that attended our wedding could not get over how special and unique it was. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Thousand Acre Farm 11

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! You were a gorgeous bride and I enjoyed working with you two so much. Please come back this August for pics in the Sunflower fields! xoxo Sue Hynson, TAF
  • Gabby

Gabby · Married on 09/29/2018

Every staff member is super friendly and accommodating! Can't wait to get married here!

thomas · Married on 04/28/2018

Can we say simply AMAZING! Not only is the venue beautiful, inside and outside with the beautiful patio and view, but Mike and Sue both are the nicest couple to work with. Every time I called, sometimes because things were on my mind, Sue was right there to answer all my concerns. We have nothing but great things to say about this "barn" wedding. One of the food vendors that we used also love doing the catering affairs at the barn. The D.J. also loved the sound system hook up. To sum it up, this was the perfect choice. We love Thousand Acre Farm.

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

I got married here on October 20, 2017 and it was absolutely amazing. From the start it was very easy to work with the owners. They are the nicest people ever!! The venue itself is breath taking. We had beautiful weather and the guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. It is a rustic feel and you have the ability to decorate it how you want. The tables are gorgeous, so nice that we didn’t use table linens, just table runners. This is a perfect venue if you are looking for a rustic feel and the sunset over the water is a great backdrop for pictures.

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2017

The staff at TAF was very responsive and awesome, we signed our contract and were able to go back once or twice to the venue to get an idea if set up and design ideas. Love the location, everything is updated and beautiful! They were helpful and understood our rehearsal needs with so many out of town guests in the wedding party. The wedding went so well, all the guests were commenting how it was a hidden gem venue and was so beautiful, We had an amazing sunset, and our smores bar at the outside fireplace was a huge hit! Thank you TAF!

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding reception here on Sept. 9. It was perfect, we really couldn't have found a place that fit us any better. I knew when I first came to see the barn this is where we would have our reception. It is absolutely gorgeous here. Sue was very easy to work with and understandable. We had to move our reception back a year and she helped us out with no issues. Its been just about a month and our guests are still talking about how beautiful our reception was. Everyone loved it and I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Tonee · Married on 07/07/2017

This place is breathtaking! The staff and owner are awesome people to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!
    Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Marilea · Married on 06/16/2017

We just had my son & his wife's wedding at this beautiful venue this past Friday evening. Lisa made sure everything was perfect and everything went so smoothly. From the time we met Lisa for our tour of the venue to the day after the wedding, she was there for both of our families. Thank you so much Lisa and owners Sue & Mike Hynson for sharing your gorgeous venue with our families.

Vivian · Married on 06/11/2017

Love this place! So beautiful! We take serval photos during the golden hours, look so nice! Good for hundred guests, 'nice view and nice setting in the barn!

Mike · Married on 05/06/2017

My fiance and I were recently victims of the Elk Manor owners who suddenly shut down and stole thousands of dollars from us and many other couples. So many vendors and venues have stepped up to save the couples as best as they can and Thousand Acre Farms is one of them and they stepped up huge to help us be able to have our wedding. We were fortunate that we didn't have all of our money stolen and will be able to have it at Thousand Acre Farm because they are helping us out big time. Lisa and Mike have been nothing short of amazing and very flexible with the couples that have found their way to them. Please if you are looking for a beautiful barn venue seriously consider Thousand Acre Farm!! Show them the same love they showed people who were totally screwed over just before their wedding.

It also doubles as a waterfowl hunting lodge, so if you are into that check them out for that also.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you Mike for the wonderful review!

Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Taegan · Married on 02/25/2017

There isn't a bad thing I can say about Thousand Acre Farms! The location is absolutely beautiful!

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2016

Amazing venue! We had our daughter's wedding at Thousand Acre Farm, everybody was blown away by the beauty of the barn, grounds, and view. They are wonderful to work with, and we are so thankful we found this beautiful place!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Lisa! Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!

Tim · Married on 09/02/2016

This Venue was absolutely outstanding. If I could do it all again, I would pick TAF over and over again. All of my guests were floored by the beauty of this venue. When we told our guests we were having out wedding at a barn, they admitted to us once they were there that they expected something completely different. I Highly recommend this venue for anyone who is planning a wedding. The owners are very very personable and very easy to work with. Compared to all of the other barn venues we visited, TAF was the best priced and was way nicer . We also used there recommended vendors for the wedding and the vendors are easy to work with and love coming there also. Again, Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Tim! Thank you so much for your amazing review! We appreciate it very much!!

judy · Married on 07/10/2016

This location is exquisite. To say our guests loved it is an understatement. (We were blessed with perfect weather.) The pictures on Facebook and on the site do not due it justice. We were delighted with our tour of the establishment from Lisa. She not only led us through the venue but offered additional direction to help with our planning. We did not have much time to plan the wedding so we depended on the venue's recommended vendors and we were very pleased with their services. Our wedding event, ceremony and reception, was made more meaningful because it took place at this breathtaking location.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Judy! Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!

Sue, Thousand Acre Farm

An amazing venue and absolutely beautiful! The owners are very easy to work with and are very easy to talk to as well! Our guests fell in love with the location and we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate our wedding day!

Leah · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely beautiful venue! My day of Cordinator Lisa was the absolute best! We would have been lost without her. She made the day so easy and stress free

• Kasey

Kasey · Married on 01/12/2019

January 2019 Bride

I can’t say enough positive things about this venue. My experience was nothing short of perfection and everything I’ve ever dream of for my wedding. I had Lisa as my coordinator and let me tell you need one....you NEED her! She took every fear about the flow of the wedding day and made that disappear! Every detail was written out and she made sure it flowed smoothly and didn’t miss a beat. Every negative thought in my mind just disappeared with her to help guide us through everything. Through my experience I’ve learned that weddings are expensive..SO expensive even when trying to cut corners, but TAF did not disappoint for a second. I want to sincerely thank the staff, owners, and especially Lisa for making our wedding a complete dream come true. January 12th, 2019 will be a day I will never forget for all good reasons. I truly believe Lisa is the reason they our wedding was all we could have ever asked for! So if you need a venue with all the rustic feels you could desire, beautiful waterfront views, and dedicated staff, TAF is the venue for you! Thank you all!

Sincerely, The Gardner’s

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Thousand Acre Farm 12
    Thousand Acre Farm 13
    Thousand Acre Farm 14

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Kasey, thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you chose Thousand Acre Farm for your wedding day. Thank you and from all of us here at TAF, we wish you and Cameron much happiness. Also remember you are always welcome in Sept to take pictures with our sunflower fields every year! -Susan Hynson, TAF

COURTNEY · Married on 09/07/2018

2.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Would recommend venue- not the coordinator

Now that its been about two months from my wedding, I can give a detailed description about my wedding at thousand acre. (bear with me, for this is very long) First off, it is a BEAUTIFUL venue. We knew that we wanted to marry here as soon as we saw it. The problems started once our wedding coordinator quit. (who is required through the venue) We met her numerous times, set up plans, gave visions etc. and she was perfect! However, it wasn't until we got an email a few months before our wedding that she had up and quit. We were upset that all our planning with her was gone, and that we would have to start fresh. I waited about a week for another planner to get in touch with me, and none of them did. So I had reached out- and one of the planners said they were going to divide up the weddings and so on... So we finally get the email of our coordinator ( which they must have not been too organized, because she asked us to pay her, when we had already submitted our payment) she was terrible via messaging. I would ask questions and it would be" don't worry we will go over it" or "ill show you at the final meeting" So I got very nervous, never meeting this lady or having a discussion with her at all and my wedding being only two months away. We finally met at our vendor meeting (the only time we met) and we went over what we wanted, set up a table so she knew how we wanted to set up etc.
    So fast forward to the day- First off, she had no idea how to set up any of the decor. My mother in law set up the decor and tables (of course my team and myself helped) "because she didnt know what we wanted" Being as though we only met her once, it was understandable, so we knew to help out. Things got worse after the ceremony. she was supposed to do first dance then, dinner and speeches during dinner- well she prompted the speeches first. After, catering started to call tables. well problem was, my lasts guests to be served waited an hour to eat, and everyone was bored and sat around. We were supposed to play a "shoe questions game" but when we got up to look for her to move things along, she was no where to be found! So my hubby went to the DJ and asked to start up some music (at this point we've been sitting for about an hour and a half) So music was playing and we were hoping to get the cake cut to break up the silence and start the party (still the coordinator was no where to be found) so we asked the caterer to cut the cake. (and since they had no direction, they ended up serving our top portion of the cake, that we wanted to keep for our anniversary) I was livid we were coordinating our wedding when we paid so much money for someone else to do it. I went up stairs to change in to my second dress, and she was going through all of our belongings! My bags were opened, along with my bridesmaids and she was literally, hands deep in our bags. She told me she was "cleaning" because a lot of people forget there stuff. (not to mention she put my phone and shoes and other belongings in other peoples bags so I went home with out it) She also was arguing with my guests who were upstairs on the balcony about smoking- and she had told us there was a cleaning fee for smoking in non designated areas. So the owner ended up coming to the venue, and it was a whole ordeal. It was messy and embarrassing and I was so upset I had to leave my wedding to tend to this because of this coordinator. I feel like I missed out on half my wedding because of the structure, and the drama. If it wasn't for the fact I married my best friend, and that made my day, I probably would have asked for a refund.