Thousand Acre Farm Reviews

19 Reviews for Thousand Acre Farm

19 Thousand Acre Farm Reviews
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

Once we pulled up to this gorgeous venue we knew this was the one!!! Everyone has been such a pleasure to interact with and we CANNOT wait for the day to come. I have already contacted some of their recommended vendors and they are lovely as well. I highly suggest that you definitely check them out for your special day!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Wow! Thank you for this great review of our venue, we promise you won't be disappointed. Thousand Acre Farm

Annette Nelms · Married on 10/14/2018

Best kept secret

Thousand Acre Farm provided a fairy tale wedding for my daughter and her husband. The pictures online do not do this place justice; you have to see it to really appreciate how beautiful it is. Our guests were so impressed with the beauty of the venue and many commented that TAF seems to be a hidden gem. It is truly is beautiful! The owner clearly takes pride in place and it shows in how well kept it is. Lisa was our Day of Coordinator and she was fabulous!!! She was responsive and professional throughout the entire process. She and Mike both handled our horrible DJ with professionalism and were able to keep me calm during the DJ screw ups!!!! Keeping me calm can be difficult but Lisa managed to do it. Our wedding went off without a hitch. Everyone had a wonderful time and the bride and groom had the wedding of their dreams. I cannot say enough good things about this place or the staff who work at TAF! We feel very fortunate to have found this hidden gem!!

• Gabby

Gabby · Married on 09/29/2018

Every staff member is super friendly and accommodating! Can't wait to get married here!

thomas · Married on 04/28/2018

Can we say simply AMAZING! Not only is the venue beautiful, inside and outside with the beautiful patio and view, but Mike and Sue both are the nicest couple to work with. Every time I called, sometimes because things were on my mind, Sue was right there to answer all my concerns. We have nothing but great things to say about this "barn" wedding. One of the food vendors that we used also love doing the catering affairs at the barn. The D.J. also loved the sound system hook up. To sum it up, this was the perfect choice. We love Thousand Acre Farm.

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

I got married here on October 20, 2017 and it was absolutely amazing. From the start it was very easy to work with the owners. They are the nicest people ever!! The venue itself is breath taking. We had beautiful weather and the guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. It is a rustic feel and you have the ability to decorate it how you want. The tables are gorgeous, so nice that we didn’t use table linens, just table runners. This is a perfect venue if you are looking for a rustic feel and the sunset over the water is a great backdrop for pictures.

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2017

The staff at TAF was very responsive and awesome, we signed our contract and were able to go back once or twice to the venue to get an idea if set up and design ideas. Love the location, everything is updated and beautiful! They were helpful and understood our rehearsal needs with so many out of town guests in the wedding party. The wedding went so well, all the guests were commenting how it was a hidden gem venue and was so beautiful, We had an amazing sunset, and our smores bar at the outside fireplace was a huge hit! Thank you TAF!

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding reception here on Sept. 9. It was perfect, we really couldn't have found a place that fit us any better. I knew when I first came to see the barn this is where we would have our reception. It is absolutely gorgeous here. Sue was very easy to work with and understandable. We had to move our reception back a year and she helped us out with no issues. Its been just about a month and our guests are still talking about how beautiful our reception was. Everyone loved it and I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Tonee · Married on 07/07/2017

This place is breathtaking! The staff and owner are awesome people to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much! Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Marilea · Married on 06/16/2017

We just had my son & his wife's wedding at this beautiful venue this past Friday evening. Lisa made sure everything was perfect and everything went so smoothly. From the time we met Lisa for our tour of the venue to the day after the wedding, she was there for both of our families. Thank you so much Lisa and owners Sue & Mike Hynson for sharing your gorgeous venue with our families.

Vivian · Married on 06/11/2017

Love this place! So beautiful! We take serval photos during the golden hours, look so nice! Good for hundred guests, 'nice view and nice setting in the barn!

Mike · Married on 05/06/2017

My fiance and I were recently victims of the Elk Manor owners who suddenly shut down and stole thousands of dollars from us and many other couples. So many vendors and venues have stepped up to save the couples as best as they can and Thousand Acre Farms is one of them and they stepped up huge to help us be able to have our wedding. We were fortunate that we didn't have all of our money stolen and will be able to have it at Thousand Acre Farm because they are helping us out big time. Lisa and Mike have been nothing short of amazing and very flexible with the couples that have found their way to them. Please if you are looking for a beautiful barn venue seriously consider Thousand Acre Farm!! Show them the same love they showed people who were totally screwed over just before their wedding.

It also doubles as a waterfowl hunting lodge, so if you are into that check them out for that also.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Thank you Mike for the wonderful review! Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Taegan · Married on 02/25/2017

There isn't a bad thing I can say about Thousand Acre Farms! The location is absolutely beautiful!

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2016

Amazing venue! We had our daughter's wedding at Thousand Acre Farm, everybody was blown away by the beauty of the barn, grounds, and view. They are wonderful to work with, and we are so thankful we found this beautiful place!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Lisa! Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much! Sue, Thousand Acre Farm

Tim · Married on 09/02/2016

This Venue was absolutely outstanding. If I could do it all again, I would pick TAF over and over again. All of my guests were floored by the beauty of this venue. When we told our guests we were having out wedding at a barn, they admitted to us once they were there that they expected something completely different. I Highly recommend this venue for anyone who is planning a wedding. The owners are very very personable and very easy to work with. Compared to all of the other barn venues we visited, TAF was the best priced and was way nicer . We also used there recommended vendors for the wedding and the vendors are easy to work with and love coming there also. Again, Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Tim! Thank you so much for your amazing review! We appreciate it very much!! Sue, Thousand Acre Farm

judy · Married on 07/10/2016

This location is exquisite. To say our guests loved it is an understatement. (We were blessed with perfect weather.) The pictures on Facebook and on the site do not due it justice. We were delighted with our tour of the establishment from Lisa. She not only led us through the venue but offered additional direction to help with our planning. We did not have much time to plan the wedding so we depended on the venue's recommended vendors and we were very pleased with their services. Our wedding event, ceremony and reception, was made more meaningful because it took place at this breathtaking location.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Judy! Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate it very much! Sue, Thousand Acre Farm

An amazing venue and absolutely beautiful! The owners are very easy to work with and are very easy to talk to as well! Our guests fell in love with the location and we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate our wedding day!

Leah · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely beautiful venue! My day of Cordinator Lisa was the absolute best! We would have been lost without her. She made the day so easy and stress free

Anon · Married on 08/25/2018

PLEASE READ ENTIRELY BEFORE BOOKING ANYTHING:

When we first saw the site, it was a beautiful venue. We though this was the perfect place to hold our event. However, throughout the process, Mike and Sue were inconsistent with timing, as well as courtesy. They kept raising prices every other week even though we didn’t add anything to our details. Almost a quarter of the details we paid for were not present at our event and when we mentioned it, they said “We couldn’t set it up” and refused to take the price off of our bill even though they didn’t even have the supplies to accommodate the details. It rained the entire time and they weren’t willing to make the switch to an entirely inside event. Luckily, the THIRD coordinator that we worked with (in 6 months time) managed to make it seem decent to our guests. How she managed to deal with the two terrible owners AND make our event okay is beyond my knowledge. Mike was incredibly intimidating and FORCED me to speak with him alone when I had an issue with something when we had already started the conversation in front of other people. He was very rude and then aggressively told his wife to deal with us. She was more polite but was just as ignorant and unaccomidating as he was. I would suggest the venue if there were different owners, but it doesn’t seem like there will be considering the yelp reviews that exploit the terrors these people can create and how long they’ve been treating customers this way. I can almost guarantee the reviews on this site were written by the owners, or staff that they forced to write reviews after they hosted an event. STAY AWAY.