Thousand Acre Farm Reviews

Thousand Acre Farm 6
Thousand Acre Farm 7
  • Nicole

Nicole MacDonald · Getting married on 06/17/2021

Wonderful place to have a wedding

I was there for a wedding 2 weeks ago and it was beautiful! The staff was amazing and the managment was a great help. I would never pick another venue, this place has everything you need.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding! Please tell your friends about Thousand Acre Farm!

Susan Hynson
  • James

James Miller · Getting married on 01/15/2021

Farm venue

Very nice venue with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff

Sent on 01/13/2019

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

James thank you for the awesome review! It is a pleasure to work with people like you!

Susan Hynson
  • James

James Miller · Getting married on 01/15/2021

Very nice place

Lisa was very nice to us on the tour and really explained things

Sent on 01/27/2019

Taylor · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Day Ever!

We were just married here on May 11, 2019 and I can't say enough about how wonderful the venue was for our big day! Once we had access we had all morning to set up the venue exactly how we wanted to. The ceremony site was amazing and we were allowed to bring in our own wedding arbor to make our day exactly how we wanted. They've worked with most of the caterers before so everyone was on the same page and the night went without a hitch! I would highly recommend this to venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Thousand Acre Farm 8
    Thousand Acre Farm 9
    Thousand Acre Farm 10

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm very happy that you had an amazing day at Thousand Acre Farm! -Susan Hynson
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/22/2018

Thousand Acre Farm

Perfect venue. Beautiful inside and out! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

Once we pulled up to this gorgeous venue we knew this was the one!!! Everyone has been such a pleasure to interact with and we CANNOT wait for the day to come. I have already contacted some of their recommended vendors and they are lovely as well. I highly suggest that you definitely check them out for your special day!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Wow! Thank you for this great review of our venue, we promise you won't be disappointed.

Thousand Acre Farm

Annette Nelms · Married on 10/14/2018

Best kept secret

Thousand Acre Farm provided a fairy tale wedding for my daughter and her husband. The pictures online do not do this place justice; you have to see it to really appreciate how beautiful it is. Our guests were so impressed with the beauty of the venue and many commented that TAF seems to be a hidden gem. It is truly is beautiful! The owner clearly takes pride in place and it shows in how well kept it is. Lisa was our Day of Coordinator and she was fabulous!!! She was responsive and professional throughout the entire process. She and Mike both handled our horrible DJ with professionalism and were able to keep me calm during the DJ screw ups!!!! Keeping me calm can be difficult but Lisa managed to do it. Our wedding went off without a hitch. Everyone had a wonderful time and the bride and groom had the wedding of their dreams. I cannot say enough good things about this place or the staff who work at TAF! We feel very fortunate to have found this hidden gem!!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely Stunning Venue!

This place is absolutely gorgeous! The perfect modern, barn style wedding. It was the third venue we visited and knew while still driving up that it was the one. Often i feel as though pictures online look better than the place itself. Not TAF, the pictures do not do it justice! But its not only the site and views thats so wonderful- the staff is absolutely incredible. Our coordinator, Lisa, kept us on time, helped get us ready and handled the hiccups we had like a pro- keeping the wedding party calm at the same time! She helped set up and clean up and load all the decorations. I couldnt have asked for a better team or a better venue. I dont have the words to describe how amazing Thousand Acre Farm is, but our guests were raving about the venue for WEEKS after the wedding! Best choice ever!

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Thousand Acre Farm 11
    Thousand Acre Farm 12
    Thousand Acre Farm 13

Kerr Kulesza · Married on 10/13/2018

A Fairy-tale Wedding

Thousand Acre Farms was not only an absolutely breath-taking wedding venue, it was everything and more my husband and I were looking for on our special day. My Day-Of-Coordinator, Sue, is actually one of the owners and she truly helped ensure the day went smoothly. From getting ready in the morning, to taking pictures, to our gorgeous ceremony, reception and dancing the night away I could not have asked for a smoother wedding. Plus, the venue is unlike anything you've ever seen and is just plain gorgeous! All of our family and friends that attended our wedding could not get over how special and unique it was. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/23/2019
    Thousand Acre Farm 14

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! You were a gorgeous bride and I enjoyed working with you two so much. Please come back this August for pics in the Sunflower fields! xoxo Sue Hynson, TAF
  • Gabby

Gabby · Married on 09/29/2018

Every staff member is super friendly and accommodating! Can't wait to get married here!

Sent on 12/23/2016

thomas · Married on 04/28/2018

Can we say simply AMAZING! Not only is the venue beautiful, inside and outside with the beautiful patio and view, but Mike and Sue both are the nicest couple to work with. Every time I called, sometimes because things were on my mind, Sue was right there to answer all my concerns. We have nothing but great things to say about this "barn" wedding. One of the food vendors that we used also love doing the catering affairs at the barn. The D.J. also loved the sound system hook up. To sum it up, this was the perfect choice. We love Thousand Acre Farm.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

I got married here on October 20, 2017 and it was absolutely amazing. From the start it was very easy to work with the owners. They are the nicest people ever!! The venue itself is breath taking. We had beautiful weather and the guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. It is a rustic feel and you have the ability to decorate it how you want. The tables are gorgeous, so nice that we didn’t use table linens, just table runners. This is a perfect venue if you are looking for a rustic feel and the sunset over the water is a great backdrop for pictures.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2017

The staff at TAF was very responsive and awesome, we signed our contract and were able to go back once or twice to the venue to get an idea if set up and design ideas. Love the location, everything is updated and beautiful! They were helpful and understood our rehearsal needs with so many out of town guests in the wedding party. The wedding went so well, all the guests were commenting how it was a hidden gem venue and was so beautiful, We had an amazing sunset, and our smores bar at the outside fireplace was a huge hit! Thank you TAF!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding reception here on Sept. 9. It was perfect, we really couldn't have found a place that fit us any better. I knew when I first came to see the barn this is where we would have our reception. It is absolutely gorgeous here. Sue was very easy to work with and understandable. We had to move our reception back a year and she helped us out with no issues. Its been just about a month and our guests are still talking about how beautiful our reception was. Everyone loved it and I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2017

What can I say about this venue. I knew the moment I walked in that this was the one. Mike & Sue are amazing to work with. They will work with you up until the very end. It rained on my day but that didn't stop it from being amazing anyway! We had to move the ceremony inside which wasn't ideal but it was still gorgeous. The rain let up and I was able to use the outdoor patio for cocktail hour and still get some amazing photos. I am already trying to think of another excuse to have an event here! My guests raved about how gorgeous it was over and over again. I highly recommend this venue for weddings and anything else you can think of!!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Sara thank you!! Such a nice review! You are beyond a beautiful inside and out and such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for booking with us here at Thousand Acre Farm! Call me anytime you can think of an event to plan and I will give you a good deal!! Best of luck to you!! Susan Hynson

Tonee · Married on 07/07/2017

This place is breathtaking! The staff and owner are awesome people to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!
    Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Marilea · Married on 06/16/2017

We just had my son & his wife's wedding at this beautiful venue this past Friday evening. Lisa made sure everything was perfect and everything went so smoothly. From the time we met Lisa for our tour of the venue to the day after the wedding, she was there for both of our families. Thank you so much Lisa and owners Sue & Mike Hynson for sharing your gorgeous venue with our families.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Vivian · Married on 06/11/2017

Love this place! So beautiful! We take serval photos during the golden hours, look so nice! Good for hundred guests, 'nice view and nice setting in the barn!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Mike · Married on 05/06/2017

My fiance and I were recently victims of the Elk Manor owners who suddenly shut down and stole thousands of dollars from us and many other couples. So many vendors and venues have stepped up to save the couples as best as they can and Thousand Acre Farms is one of them and they stepped up huge to help us be able to have our wedding. We were fortunate that we didn't have all of our money stolen and will be able to have it at Thousand Acre Farm because they are helping us out big time. Lisa and Mike have been nothing short of amazing and very flexible with the couples that have found their way to them. Please if you are looking for a beautiful barn venue seriously consider Thousand Acre Farm!! Show them the same love they showed people who were totally screwed over just before their wedding.

It also doubles as a waterfowl hunting lodge, so if you are into that check them out for that also.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Thank you Mike for the wonderful review!

Sue-Thousand Acre Farm

Taegan · Married on 02/25/2017

There isn't a bad thing I can say about Thousand Acre Farms! The location is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2016

Amazing venue! We had our daughter's wedding at Thousand Acre Farm, everybody was blown away by the beauty of the barn, grounds, and view. They are wonderful to work with, and we are so thankful we found this beautiful place!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Lisa! Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!

Tim · Married on 09/02/2016

This Venue was absolutely outstanding. If I could do it all again, I would pick TAF over and over again. All of my guests were floored by the beauty of this venue. When we told our guests we were having out wedding at a barn, they admitted to us once they were there that they expected something completely different. I Highly recommend this venue for anyone who is planning a wedding. The owners are very very personable and very easy to work with. Compared to all of the other barn venues we visited, TAF was the best priced and was way nicer . We also used there recommended vendors for the wedding and the vendors are easy to work with and love coming there also. Again, Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Tim! Thank you so much for your amazing review! We appreciate it very much!!

judy · Married on 07/10/2016

This location is exquisite. To say our guests loved it is an understatement. (We were blessed with perfect weather.) The pictures on Facebook and on the site do not due it justice. We were delighted with our tour of the establishment from Lisa. She not only led us through the venue but offered additional direction to help with our planning. We did not have much time to plan the wedding so we depended on the venue's recommended vendors and we were very pleased with their services. Our wedding event, ceremony and reception, was made more meaningful because it took place at this breathtaking location.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Thousand Acre Farm's reply:

Judy! Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate it very much!

Sue, Thousand Acre Farm

An amazing venue and absolutely beautiful! The owners are very easy to work with and are very easy to talk to as well! Our guests fell in love with the location and we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate our wedding day!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Leah · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely beautiful venue! My day of Cordinator Lisa was the absolute best! We would have been lost without her. She made the day so easy and stress free

Sent on 08/14/2018