27 Reviews for Thoughtful Weddings

Counseling (2)
Agnostic (2)
Catholic (1)
27 Thoughtful Weddings Reviews

Rovan from the beginning was a wonderful person to work with. He took the time to get to know my husband and myself to make our service as fabulous as it could be. We got so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was and how personal and welcoming it felt. Our day was one of a kind thanks to Rovan! Definitely would highly recommend him to make everyone's day special

Profile Picture Rebekah , 8/26/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

It was such a pleasure working with Rovan for our wedding! He has such an easy going and comforting demeanor that I knew very quickly after our first meeting that he was going to be our officiant. We wanted a very secular ceremony and Rovan understood completely without any judgement. He patiently listened to our story and crafted a beautiful ceremony that truly represented the both of us. Our guests loved Rovan and told us many times that day how great he was! I am so incredibly happy that we hired Rovan and would recommend him to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture May, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Our wedding ceremony would not have been half as nicely done, had it not been for Rovan's thoughtful touches. I've been to many weddings, and I knew exactly what I DIDNT want our ceremony to look like - an officiant who mispronounced names, recited the same tired lines as everyone else's wedding, a very unpersonalized and generic ceremony. Rovan met with us for over an hour and he asked us many questions about how we met, what was important to us, what was our vision for the day. He took all of that and produced a draft document of the ceremony that we were able to edit and give feedback on, to truly make it ours. Its worth noting, that we made very few edits. :) I can't tell you the number of people that have specifically complimented us on our ceremony and how special and unique it was. It told our story, which was a fabulous way of making everyone in the room feel like they were part of our story moving forward. It was a beautiful, meaningful ceremony! Rovan was a pleasure to work with and is such a kind man. I would very much recommend you do yourself (and your guests who have to sit through your ceremony) a favor and allow Rovan to construct the perfect, tailored ceremony.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/25/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Choose Rovan! He met with us multiple times to make sure he truly understood who we are, where we came from, how we worked as a couple, how we met, how we fell in love, and so many other details about us and he used it all to hand craft a beautiful ceremony. This ceremony was the most beautiful, well-written, personalized ceremony and we are so lucky Rovan took the time to create it for us. He edited our vows for us, supplied so many different reading options. He also created the perfect ceremony that included all members of our audience from incredibly catholic to entirely non-religious. He is the type of person you want to be friends with and have mentor you. He is so wise and fun and talented. He does such a good job that when all is said and done, you feel as though the price you paid is not enough and he deserves more. Truly amazing. The epitome of a deserving 5 star officiant. I know how hard it is to choose someone based on reviews, but Rovan is the one, trust me.

Profile Picture Kendall, 11/25/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed

I 100% recommend Rev. Rovan! He went out of his way to make our ceremony personal, fun, and perfect for us. I couldn't have asked for anyone better! He was professional, kind, funny, responsive, prompt, and flexible. He truly care about his clients and it shows!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were married on November 3, 2017 and our ceremony was everything we ever dreamed thanks to Rev Rovan! Working with him was never short of laughs, but he also made our ceremony into one that not only we, but every one of our guests will never forget. He made the process so easy and delivered the most perfect ceremony. On top of that, he gave us guidance and insight when we needed it. He really goes above and beyond for his couples and knows what a wedding truly is about-LOVE. After waiting so long to finally marry my best friend I could not have wished for anything other than what Rev. Rovan delivered. I would recommend him to any other bride/groom 110%!!!

Profile Picture Beth , 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rovan was absolutely astounding to work with! He gathered all of the small details of how we met, and in just a few days, had a drafted ceremony. We felt as though we had full control of the ceremony; it was so well-written. He stayed within our time limits - even after taking his advice on adding a few readings to keep it interesting - and everything went according to plan. Rovan is the calm persona you'll want and need on your wedding day! Everyone at our wedding commented on how flawless and emotional the ceremony was - at one point, there wasn't a dry eye in the house!

Profile Picture User7496182, Recently Married, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Agnostic, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rovan is hands down the most professional, kind, caring, and loving officiant we have been given the opportunity to meet. Rovan officiated our wedding on October 8th at Chase Court but our experience began with him back in June. Rovan took the time to really get to know my Husband and I as individuals and as a couple. He listened to stories about our families, how we met, and the life we live together. He learned about our beliefs and what we wanted in our ceremony. He then proceeded to write the most heartfelt ceremony that truly captured our relationship. Our guests commented that they felt our ceremony wasn't cookie cutter and that it was a true reflection of us. Thank you Rovan for making our wedding day a day we will never forget. Thank you for helping to make these memories.

Profile Picture Maribel, 10/8/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Single Religion, No Denomination

Rovan was the glue that held our rehearsal and ceremony together. My husband and I had a very discombobulated wedding coordinator and Rovan really helped take the lead and give us peace of mind. And of course, he wrote a beautiful ceremony that was so personal, we had multiple people ask for his information that plan on getting married in the next year or so. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Rovan was very personable, and took his time to have an extensive meeting with us leading up to the wedding to ensure he conveyed everything we wanted during our ceremony. He even wanted to get to know us personally to make sure everything was uniquely for us. He responded very quickly, as he had a draft of our ceremony only a day or two after we initially met with him. He provided an extensive list of readings for us, and was accommodating when we wanted to have two family members read those parts of the ceremony. He attended our rehearsal and ensured that everything was under control and would go smoothly. He also took care of our wedding certificate. We are very happy that we chose Rovan!

Profile Picture Dawn, 8/5/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, No Denomination

Rovan helped us craft a ceremony that captured the feel of our relationship. Friends and family all commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and were all amazed at the personal touches.

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/4/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Single Religion

Rovan was an excellent Officiant. Before choosing Rovan, we were able to have a long phone conversation to get to know him and make sure he was right for us. He met us close to our home so we could tell our story on how we met, and he was very timely with delivering the vows, readings, etc. He was unable to go to our rehearsal due to another wedding obligation, but he set up another time with us and visited us at our house instead with our families and we did our rehearsals there (very flexible). During the wedding, I was crying and he offered me a tissue and I thought that was so sweet. Rovan was a wonderful officiant, and I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you Rovan for being a BIG part of our special day!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I can't recommend Rovan highly enough! He truly made our wedding ceremony something special.
From the first time I reached out to Rovan, to the day of our wedding, I found him to be extremely professional, responsive, open-minded, and caring. Rovan struck the perfect balance between offering suggestions for the wedding ceremony and being open to our ideas. In one of our first email exchanges Rovan told he created weddings that were meaningful but not cheesy "you deserve better!" He held true to that promise!!
I was very anxious about planning the ceremony, and Rovan's warm personality combined with his approach to planning completely put me at ease! I appreciated the fact that Rovan was willing to include as much or as little religious references in the ceremony as we wanted. He took the time to meet with us before the wedding and sincerely got to know me and my fiance in a way that allowed him to write a very meaningful ceremony script. Rovan gave us the opportunity to review and modify that script which allowed me to feel confident that the ceremony would go exactly as I wanted (and it did!) He facilitated a very smooth rehearsal the night before the wedding. After the wedding multiple friends and family commented on what a beautiful ceremony it was and specifically said "What a great officiant!!" My father was blown away when I told him that we had found Thoughtful Weddings online. His exact response was "You're kidding me! I thought you guys knew him for years!"

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rovan Wernsdorfer officiated our wedding in May 2017 at the Legg Mason Tower. He was outstanding--which is an understatement. We met with him last winter and found him to be very personable and genuine. After chatting with him for a few minutes, we already felt like we were friends. His priority was to put together a ceremony that truly reflected us. After getting an idea of who we were, our interests, how we met, and our relationship, he put together a draft ceremony that we were able to edit and really make our own. There were no surprises--we knew exactly what was going to be said. We could tell he truly had our best interests at heart. We wanted an "unplugged" ceremony so that our photographers could capture the best pictures and he took that seriously by making an announcement to our guests. He suggested a hand fasting ceremony which we used, along with some ribbon from my late grandmother's sewing basket. We received so many compliments about how personal and unique they found our ceremony. We absolutely loved our ceremony and we are so grateful to Rovan!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Non-religious

We are so happy that we found Rovan to officiate our wedding! He thoughtfully worked with us in the months leading up to our big day to create a ceremony that perfectly balanced our secular beliefs with our family's Jewish and Christian backgrounds. His always great advice, continued flexibility as we changed our minds about what to include in the ceremony, and responsiveness made Rovan an absolute pleasure to work with. In the end, he created a beautiful wedding ceremony for us that we will cherish forever!

We recommend Rovan to anyone in need of an officiant!

Profile Picture Sasha, 12/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rovan was a lifesaver during our wedding. Not only did he script a beautiful, heartfelt ceremony that managed to please both my groom and I (not very religious) and our fathers (both of whom are Christian), he also worked with us to personalize our ceremony and read over our self-written vows beforehand in order to provide feedback. Best of all, when my now-husband realized during the ceremony that he had misplaced his vows, Rovan provided a copy that he’d made sure to include with his own paperwork. He was a consummate professional throughout the wedding planning process, and didn’t even complain when our rehearsal started an hour late the evening before our wedding due to awful traffic in the area. We are so, so thankful for his beautiful words and hard work, and we received countless compliments from our wedding guests on his service, both on the quality and the length (just right for a wedding ceremony!). I found Rovan through Thumbtack and feel like I really lucked out–I can’t imagine anyone else could have done such a perfect job on the most important part of our perfect day.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

Rovan officiated our wedding in DC this past weekend and we have nothing but great things to say about him! When we initially met with him, a couple of months before our ceremony where we went over what kind of ceremony we would like to have, and discussed our history of dating. Since we had been together for 11 years, we had a lot to say!

Rovan listened to our story and incorporated that into our ceremony. All of our guests loved hearing how we met, and how we finally got to the alter. He made our ceremony personal and let us pick and choose what we wanted to be said during the ceremony. We also wanted a secular wedding, and he honored our wishes.

All of our guests said it was either the best wedding they attended or in the top 3. We definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Hands down Mr. Rovan is top notch when you are considering having an officiant that will make your day a special and memorable one for the couple and the guests. We had an interfaith marriage and he was very willing to work in collaboration with the Imam to put together the wedding ceremony… My wife and I came from a different cultural background and have different faiths,I am a Nigerian and she’s an African-American…He was very attentive in learning more about the couple which he used in putting together the wedding ceremony. He has a very good sense of humour and had the entire guests laughing when he was delivering a captivated and well articulated ceremony. I will definitely recommend him for any interfaith or regular wedding ceremony because he is very capable of delivering a good ceremony.

Profile Picture Sieara, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rovan was so incredibly easy to work with! We communicated back and forth many times between our first meeting and the day of the wedding. He is helpful, responsive, and completely sets your mind at ease while in the midst of what can be a really stressful time! Our ceremony was perfect – exactly what we wanted. So many people asked how we found Rovan and commented on how funny and kind he was, as well as how perfect the ceremony was! I can not recommend him highly enough

Profile Picture Molly, 7/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you are looking for a personalized and thoughtful wedding ceremony, you MUST book Rovan! He our wedding absolutely perfect and worked with us in tailoring an inter-faith ceremony for our wedding.

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Over the last year I was able to develop a good relationship with Rovan. Through our countless email exchanges and our in person meeting I was able to feel comfortable with sharing my story with him. We had so many family members come to us praising Rovan and our ceremony. Rovan was very flexible with us and really was able to accommodate our crazy request. We wanted a short ceremony and Rovan was able to make it work. We also left our marriage license at the hotel the night of the wedding, and Rovan came into the bridal suite and reassured me that it was going to be okay (I was so emotional that night I felt like everything was going wrong). We ended up meeting with Rovan the next day and he was able to fill out our paper work for us so it all worked out! I loved how Rovan creates his script and shares it with us to make edits. His turn around was fast to in less than 24 hours of meeting us. He provides material to help you create your vowels, gives you lists of scriptures and readings that could be read, he's very organized and professional. I am so happy I was able to meet Rovan and that he was apart of our very special day. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/23/16, 3 Reviews

Here are the top 5 items that you need to know:

1)We and our guests will remember the ceremony as it was personalized with information about us (where we met, what we enjoy doing, etc.).

2)Excellent verbal and written communication skills. During initial meet, after he wrote and sent the ceremony for our approval, always returned messages and e-mails, prepped wedding guests on how the ceremony would be, was excellent with family and friends, and terrific after.

3)Easy to talk to, warm, friendly, very punctual, he smiles while he talks and it’s genuine, a fantastic listener (after one meeting – he knew more about us than most of our friends) and he knows the right questions to ask.

4)Would recommend Rovan to anyone – we heard stories about other weddings and found him to be very non-judgemental, open minded (with suggestions), and kind hearted.

5)If you are still reading this, Rovan is the kind of person that you meet once and you want him to be a friend for life.

Rovan – our day was magical and while many great things happened, you and your ceremony were hands down the best.

Lisa and David Shaver

Profile Picture Lisa , 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rovan really saved the day for us. Our original officiant cancelled on us the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding, and we’re so grateful Rovan was able to fit us in. He replied to our inquiry quickly to set up a phone call, and talking to him it was immediately clear that he was a much better fit for us (no pushing religious agendas). We met Friday at our poorly-organized parking lot rehearsal, and he took charge like a pro and made me feel very comfortable with the ceremony. I emailed him some of my and my now-husband’s backstory, and I was impressed with how he fit it into the ceremony (it felt much more intimate than what our original officiant had planned, even though he had known us for years), and I now have a great photo of him cracking my maid of honor up with some of our early antics. With Rovan as our officiant, we were still able to have our godmothers give readings, as was our original plan, and he did a beautiful job of providing a slightly-religious but totally practical and inspirational interpretation.

I wish we had gone with Rovan from the beginning and saved ourselves the hassle, but he gave us a wonderful, personal ceremony on just 3 days notice. I was impressed by his professionalism, flexibility, and compassion throughout.

Profile Picture User7556970, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rovan went above and beyond to help us craft the ceremony that felt right to us AND our families. He brought everyone together in love and joy for our marriage.

Profile Picture Shilpa, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews