Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com Reviews

1 User photo

Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com 1
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/07/2012

Scott Thompson knows how to put on a great show for guests. We had a destination wedding in Lake Buena Vista and contacted Scott to provide entertainment. He is an excellent DJ and knows how to keep your guests dancing. He was extremely professional and helped to make our music choices fit our wedding perfectly. We cannot recommend Scott enough. If you are hosting an event, Scott is the guy to make your night that much more entertaining. His prices are very reasonable and he also provided our up-lighting.

Sent on 07/13/2012
  • nicolovesjames

Nicole · Married on 01/28/2012

Scott was an absolute joy to work with! We slacked on hiring a DJ until the last couple weeks before our wedding, so we didn’t really know what to expect. I am so so happy we came across Scott’s information!! From the minute my husband met with him, we knew it was a perfect match. Scott totally understood that we wanted a dance party, and that is exactly what he provided. We have since received so many compliments about how much fun the reception and dancing was! Scott is professional, organized, and charismatic; and I would HIGHLY recommend hiring him for your wedding!

Sent on 04/02/2012

Stacy · Married on 11/19/2011

Scott Thompson did our wedding reception in November 2011.

We had a live band performing for the first part of our reception, but Scott was flexible enough to come and set up and be there the entire time. He also provided some up lighting for us as well.

We found his online song selection process perfect. I was able to pick out the songs I wanted to hear and flag some as 'must play' and some as 'do not play'. I thought this was fantastic. Scott was able to quickly get an idea for our music preference and did a great job filling in with more music during the night.

He was so pleasant to work with. Having nice, positive people around you on your wedding day is soooo important.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Valerie · Married on 10/22/2011

Scott Thompson from Thompson Entertainment was by far the perfect DJ for my wedding. From the first e-mail we sent (he called us within 20 minutes) to the clean-up after the wedding reception, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Scott met with us to discuss his services and was very personable from the beginning. He also does uplighting for your venue (in any color and way less expensive than ANY one else in the area) We signed the contract that day as we were so impressed with him. Scott sets up a client information page just for you where you enter all of your wedding information. You can listen to songs for all the special wedding events and choose them all right there on the site. It was so user friendly and made the process quick and painless. Scott answered any and all questions immediately. He also acts as the MC for the day, coordinating all of your events at the reception if you don't have a wedding planner or organizer. He comes early to set up and was completely prepared the entire night. The uplightling was amazing. I highly suggest it. From the moment we arrived at the reception, he came outside and greeted us and let us know what was going on inside for cocktail hour. He went and got all the wedding party to be introduced and organized it all. The entire night he played off the crowd and kept the dance floor packed (which was not an easy fete with our crowd) Everyone was asking him for his card all night and 2 of my friends that are engaged are planning on contacting him for their wedding now. I highly recommend Scott Thompson from Thompson Entertainment for any event!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Caitlin · Married on 08/19/2011

Scott was the perfect wedding DJ for my husband and I! We were so happy with how he kept the night flowing. He doesn't try to put on a show, but plays great music and keeps everyone out dancing. I laughingly search for "non-cheesy wedding DJ Orlando" and he was the first one to come up and he is exactly that! We didn't want someone who talks the whole night and takes over the night and Scott was great! We are a young couple (21-22) so we wanted someone who would keep us and all our friends out having a good time. All our friends told us how much they loved our DJ and how much fun it was! He had everyone, including grandparents out dancing! He also met with me a few times to make sure the different music for the different parts of the night were exactly what I wanted and was so professional and accommodating to everything we wanted. I would definitely use him again and recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Alysia · Married on 07/05/2011

Best of the Best! From the beginning when we booked Scott he was very professional, helpful and had personality! This may sound stereotypical but he was a "normal" DJ!! He asked us what generes we would like to have played throughout each part of our reception and he did a wonderful job composing the list of songs to be played. We told him to play "Italian dinner music" while dinner was served and it was perfect - felt like we were in Italy!! We would highly recommend his services. He was always responsive to our emails, set up a time line of events for the evening, followed up right before the event, showed up early to make sure everything was set up correctly and made our evening one to remember forever! All of our guests commented on Scott's services - you will not be disappointed! Thank you Scott for making our night flawless and one less thing we had to worry about.

Sent on 08/30/2011

Candace · Married on 01/15/2011

Scott was amazing! He kept people dancing all night and everyone had a blast. He waas so great about keeping a good flow of music that just made the night flawless. All of my guests commented on how good the music was the entire night. I highly recommend Scott to any bride. He was always so quick to respond to any of my questions and he was very helpful when it came to picking out music. He's the BEST!

Sent on 01/23/2011

Jackie · Married on 12/11/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Scott! From the begininning we were pleased with his responsiveness and professionalism, not to mention the value for his services!

Scott arrived many hours before our wedding to make sure everything was set up correctly. He provided the ceremony and reception music, as well as uplighting. The music was perfect, and the uplighting created a dazzling effect.

Scott was always polite, to us and our guests, and was not that annoying, overbearing wedding DJ I've always dreaded. I HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 01/05/2011

Lorianne · Married on 04/24/2010

The music and sound services for the wedding were amazing! It was critical because we had an outdoor wedding and it still surpassed great. Now the reception was even better! Our guests were raving about the DJ! I explained what kind of music I didn't want and all my requests were complied with. He was amazing and did a great a job!! He definitely got the party started and no one wanted to leave! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/03/2010

Sonja · Married on 04/04/2010

Scott was incredible! We had a really great time getting to know him. He was very helpful with his song suggestions and has a fantastic website to get the songs that we wanted to play. He was very professional and has such a fun personality. We had 200 guests at our wedding and he had just about all of them out on the dance floor.

We highly recommend Scott for any DJ needs. You will have a great time!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Scott was very professional and did awesome with the up lighting and music. He was easy to get a hold of and music selection was easy and convienent!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/11/2015

Scott definitely has a way of getting people on the dance floor! He created an atmosphere where everything was having a great time at the wedding. A couple songs during the reception kind of missed the mark for the types of songs my husband and I like. However, the songs were still hits, and we had a great party thanks to Scott!

Sent on 05/19/2015

3.0
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0

Scott messed up my music selection as I walked down the aisle with my dad -- for me, the biggest moment of the wedding. His cues were off on our exit music - we were half way up the aisle before the music started playing and the microphones we paid for didn't work so no one heard the ceremony. I had asked him to attend the rehearsal, but he said he didn't need to. Honestly, someone with an ipod could have done a better job. Because he completely botched the ceremony, he did offer $100 back [ I didn't even respond I was so offended].

His dance floor selections were mediocre at best - he played Tricky for example [ugh]. I still feel totally ripped off and disappointed a month after the wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2016