Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com Reviews

38 Reviews for Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com

1 User photo

Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com 1

Carolann · Married on 09/22/2017

Scott did both of my daughters weddings. He is awesome! He is very professional, dresses the part, very respectful of the Brides wishes, and really knows the fine points of making EVERYONE have a great time. He responds to questions within minutes...even during the worst hurricane that ever hit Florida. Scott brings a very professional and attractive sound booth and set up instead of the typical 6 foot table filled with equipment. He kept the party flowing and when it came time for dancing...adjusted the bass & speakers so the dance floor stayed full and full of energy while being sensitive to Blind grandma's very sensitive hearing. (She never had to use her earplugs! Now that is saying something!) I highly recommend Scott for your next event...you will not be disappointed!

Thompson Entertainment, L.L.C. - TheOrlandoDJ.com 2

Rosanna · Married on 03/10/2017

We are so happy we chose Scott for our wedding. He provided ceremony, cocktail hour, reception music, and uplighting. He was very professional and easy to communicate with. We felt less stressed and didn't worry about anything knowing he was our DJ. He did a great job MC'ing the whole night and kept everything flowing on time. He knew how to keep the party going and we received a lot of compliments from our guests.

Daniel · Married on 06/18/2016

Scott was everything we could've asked for and more in a DJ. From the beginning Scott was very knowledgeable about what types of moments to include in our reception timeline, and was extremely flexible in working to make what we wanted a reality (and offering his expertise just at the right moment). From the initial conversation Scott provided us with an incredible database of music to choose from, and my wife and I had a great time picking out all our favorite hits (the database was neatly organized by genre, decade and more, with special tabs for first dance, father daughter dances etc). On the big day Scott arrived really early to set up, and immediately went with the flow (it rained the day of and a lot of things had to shift around including timing). Scott was very calm and professional and set up an amazing dance floor amidst the chaos that was our venue changing gears at the last minute. From the start of the dancing Scott had people up and moving with a great mix of hits and line dances that even my grandma enjoyed! There was a minute where Scott played a song that was not entirely appropriate for our older guests, but I quickly signaled to him to change it up and he did so quickly. Scott also did an amazing job using his uplighting to create a beautiful setting for the dance floor - not too much and very elegant, exactly what we asked for.

At the end of the day countless guests came up to us and told us that they had the more fun dancing at our wedding than any wedding they'd been to, and Scott is a huge reason for their good time. He was punctual, flexible, professional and I don't think you could find a better option.

When planning our wedding, we really wanted a DJ that was young, fresh, and energetic. We could not have asked for someone who fit this description better than Scott Thompson. We had met with him a few times before the wedding, and he was incredibly accommodating, listened to our ideas, and really tried to tailor our wedding music to what we had envisioned. His website gave us the ability to easily request songs and give details about our wedding (and even asked what we’d prefer for Scott to wear!) We even had a few special requests, including editing the songs for the bridal party entrance and a surprise groom dance, and Scott did it with no problem. He even offered amazing uplighting services, which really made a huge difference in the look and feel of our reception venue. The day of our wedding, we couldn’t have been happier! Scott was extremely professional, but really kept the crowd pumped up and energized- exactly what we wanted!! Everyone had a great time on the dance floor, and afterwards raved about how awesome our DJ was. We loved working with Scott, and definitely recommend Thompson Entertainment for any event!

Scott was so incredible as our wedding DJ that I'm not sure I have words to describe it. In the planning process, Scott was amazing. He was available to talk anytime of the day or night and responded to emails almost immediately. He ensured that he had all of the correct information by calling to go over every detail the week before our wedding. He came to our venue and set up perfectly. We had hired Scott for music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, uplighting, and GOBO light. Everything looked beautiful. The DJ booth was simple and clean looking which complimented the style of the wedding. Scott perfectly timed our ceremony with the music we chose, and he kept the music comfortable during the cocktail hour. Our bridal party loved him as they prepped for the grand entrance. The reception itself is where Scott really shined. He played EXACTLY the type of music we were looking for and no one stopped dancing (except when the venue made us slow it down for them to serve dinner). The venue later told us that they had never seen a party like our wedding; and we attribute that to Scott and his talent.I could not recommend Scott in a higher regard. He is beyond excellent and went above and beyond all of our expectations.

Scott was a DREAM to work with. Out of all of the vendors at my wedding, I worried about Scott the least. I had seen him DJ my friend's wedding and he did an amazing job, so I knew that he'd be able to take care of me and my wedding with no problem. His prices are more than fair and he is great at MC-ing as well as taking stock of the crowd and knowing what song to play when. He's super flexible as well and was up for just about anything or any change we threw at him. His online song list was SUPER helpful and made choosing the soundtrack for our wedding easy and fun. He's a delight, super professional and 100% reliable. I would work with Scott again in a heartbeat.

Mimi · Married on 02/14/2015

Scott Thompson was a delight to work with! He was organized and got back to us right away whenever we needed to ask a question or add a song. The way he worked the crowd, did the announcements, and had everyone up dancing was just magical. He helped us to give our daughter the wedding of our dreams. I would highly recommend Scott for your DJ needs!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 01/03/2015

Scott is an amazing DJ. He took care of the music for the ceremony and reception, and also added special lighting. He was on time throughout the night with announcements, keeping up with the timeline. Guests would requests songs and Scott was right on top of playing them. We actually had many guests say they just couldn't leave the dance floor because Scott kept playing such good music.

Erin · Married on 05/31/2014

If you're looking for the right DJ look no further. Scott provided excellent service that exceeded my expectations. He handled business very professionally and was always available to talk on the phone or meet in person--emails were answered the same day. Scott was extremely well prepared for my wedding. He provides you with a personal log-in on his website that allows you to access his music library and select the songs you wish to hear during your event. It was very user friendly and I appreciated that I could access it any time. Scott has a talent for selecting the right songs at the right time and all of the songs I had selected on my form were played--I couldn't have been happier! Guests were pulling me aside at the end of the event commenting on how wonderful the DJ made the reception.

Another plus (there are too many), Scott never harassed me with phone calls during the initial inquiry; Scott waited until I was ready to make my decision and I was thankful for his patience. Like many others, I wanted to make sure I selected the right DJ for my wedding. I had several contenders and Scott easily won me over because he didn't call me three (+) times a day asking if I had made a decision.

Talent, professional, and overall a wonderful human being to work with. Thank you sincerely, Scott!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/29/2014

Scott was GREAT! A DJ can really make or break a reception and mine was SO MUCH FUN! Besides being an awesome DJ, he was super professional and really really nice. He called me back super fast every time I called him, and picked out songs for me that I didn't get around to picking. I told him the styles of music I wanted throughout the night and it went off flawlessly. I can not recommend him enough!!

Scott was AMAZING from start to finish ! From our initial meeting to discuss our wedding to all the months in between Scott was always professional, responsive and helpful. His booking tool to plan the music was great and easy to use. He really made our wedding great. He did the ceremony music, cocktail hour, and all of the reception. The variety of the music was great and there were always people up and dancing. Also Scott did the colored lights for us around the venue and it made it look great. Scott there are not enough words for us to thank you for making our party so amazing and for all the attention to all the details that you put into our night. You really are worth a million dollars!

ALex and Chris Mayer

Stacy · Married on 03/15/2014

We were married in The White Room in St. Augustine and couldn't have been happier with our choice to use Scott and his services for our big day. We had a one-on-one meeting with him about a year out and organized our initial thoughts for our big day. From there Scott followed up with a great email outlining everything we had touched base on and directed us to his user-friendly website to update our wedding party info and song choices throughout the year.

The week of the wedding we spoke over the phone, since we live out of state, and finalized the majority of the details and Scott was unbelievably helpful in ensuring that we had all the songs we needed lined up and ready to go in just the way we wanted - and even offered great lists of songs to choose from for categories we weren't sure on!

On our big day, Scott moved things flawlessly and we heard so many compliments on how everything went and how organized the day was throughout.

We highly recommend Scott for any special event whether you are planning a wedding, work event, or birthday - you can't go wrong!!

Cindy · Married on 03/10/2014

Scott was a pleasure to have at our wedding. He is excellent at reading the crowd and playing the appropriate music to get a reluctant crowd up and having fun. Our wedding was a destination wedding and we didn't get a chance to meet with Scott until just a few days before our wedding and he was completely prepared. He was also a great asset in helping with our timeline, lining up our guests for our wedding party entrance to the reception, and cake cutting. We are so glad we found and chose him to be part of such a wonderful day. Thanks Scott!

Scott Thompson is the PERFECT DJ! We are still receiving compliments on him from our guests. He is professional (NOT CHEESY AT ALL), knows his music, and wants your wedding day to be the best!! He truly will do whatever to make your day special. From the first song he played until the wedding ended....NO ONE stopped dancing and I am talking older family members to young. From Grandparents to young - everyone loved Scott. He has great uplighting as well- we were very glad we made the decision to use it. It added the perfect warming touch to our reception room. He is great on the microphone, BUT not intrusive or obnoxious. Overall...you REALLY WILL not find a better DJ. I have been to many events/weddings in this area...and he takes the cake. (not literally!!)

Beth · Married on 12/07/2013

Scott was an awesome DJ. I used him for lighting as well which was incredible. My caterer told me he made my wedding and I agree. He played any requests I had and then just ran with the crowd and atmosphere. Everyone of all ages was dancing the night away. If you want a fun and energetic DJ that all your guests will love you've found him!!!!

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2013

Scott was AMAZING! He is so personable and had the floor packed the entire night! He really listened to our requests and stayed true to the vibe we were wanting for the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Scott was amazing!! He played a wide variety of music and I don't think my guests stopped dancing the entire night. He had a great personality and was very professional through the entire process!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/28/2013

Scott Thompson is BEYOND phenomenal! He took the worry out my planning as soon as I hired him. On the day of my wedding, he made everything perfect - from the ceremony music to the end of the reception and everything in between. He knew exactly what to play and kept my guests dancing from start to finish. My friends and family are still talking about what a great party it was, and he's the one I can thank!! He made it the best day of our lives!!!

Scott was absolutely the perfect DJ. We wanted everyone, all ages, dancing at our wedding so we asked for a specific genre and he totally made it happen; the dance floor was packed the entire night. Guests are still talking about what a great time they had, and are actually asking for our playlist! Aside from his services being exactly what we wanted, Scott was extremely professional and courteous through the entire planning process. He made everything so easy and bent over backwards to meet our needs. The part I still can't get over is that his pricing beat every other experienced, highly reviewed DJ in the area. I absolutely recommend Scott for any event.

Kristie · Married on 04/14/2013

We can not thank you enough for how awesome everything was! From the ease of the online planning form to how quickly you found our favorite songs you mad everything SO easy! i don't know how you and the Best Man did that but I'm pretty sure it was the second best surprise ever! All anyone can tell us is how much fun they had.

Alyssa · Married on 04/13/2013

After attending two of our friends weddings that used Thompson Entertainment we knew we wanted Scott for our wedding. He is very professional and responsive to all your questions and a blast to have at your wedding! We loved his client section of his website that you can choose your 'must plays' and 'do not plays'. In the end, its best to let Scott vibe off your guest and what type of music is getting all your guest on the floor dancing. Of course he keeps in mind your own preferences. Scott provided us with awesome up lighting as well that really changes the feel of your space. We are so happy and thankful we chose Scott for our wedding and highly recommend him!

-Alyssa and Oliver

David · Married on 01/05/2013

From my first conversation with Scott, to the last - Scott was professional, honorable, courteous, timely, compassionate and flexible.
    Very few times would you find someone who not only possesses these qualities, but is also excellent in the delivery of the final service - "DJ-ing"

Scott's experience became very very evident during the planning stages. For most, getting married is a "first time" event. For Scott, he was so thorough in helping the "newly to be weds" plan the flow of the day - from "while the guest wait during the ceremony" to the "final dance and farewell at the reception"..... going way beyond the typical DJ service by giving very useful suggestions on what he has seen worked or not! That's probably where the greatest value was added.

Scott is more than a DJ. He pays a vested interest in understanding us, what we needed and purposed in his heart to make the day a memorable one. In one of our conversations, I quote Scott as saying...... "I love what I do, and if I could, I would do it for free!"
    For some this is a cliche statement, but for him - I really believed it. I could sense his satisfaction in knowing that we were happy, and that he contributed significantly to making our day.

During our wedding, we had a lot of music that was native to the numerous regions of the Caribbean where we are from. Scott went home, studied the music over the course of two days (the amount of time he had to prepare) and played and mixed it so well, that several people from the Caribbean came asking me - where did we get this DJ from!!

Forget the rest, don't get conned into those "too good to be true deals". What is life, if not for the great memories and good relationship experiences. With Scott you'll get both - but without the stress.

Here's to you Scott..... May God bless you abundantly in all that you do and may you thrive in 2013 and beyond.

David Millington.
    On Behalf on the newly weds - Jason & Christine Mills

Vincent · Married on 11/24/2012

Scott is absolutely amazing and I don’t think our wedding would have been the same without him. Leading up to the wedding, he answered every email in a timely manner and even sent us advice/tips on how to best prepare for our wedding day. He completely understood what style of music we wanted and he did a great job of keeping everyone on the dance floor. We danced the whole night and he kept everyone moving. He chose different genres of music that were suitable for many of our guests, regardless of age! We had such a great time as did all of our guests. We still have our guests telling us how great our DJ was and how much they loved the music. We were very lucky to have him as part of such a special and memorable day. We would definitely recommend him to any future bride and groom. We also plan to use him as our DJ at future special events!

• User2039979 · 2+ years ago

Scott was the dj at my wedding, i was refered to Scoot by a friend because he dj her wedding. Scott was professional and very kind. When i had questions he was very responsive the day of the wedding he did a great job. I would recommend Scott to anyone as their wedding he was great!

Scott was amazing and easy to work with. I am still receiving compliments about what a fantastic DJ he was! Scott is not cheesy, he is 100% professional and organized. I would hire him again in a second- he had everyone on the dance floor and played music that was great for people of all ages. HIRE HIM, YOU WILL BE HAPPY.