Thomas's Catering Reviews

72 | Westland, MI

72 Reviews for Thomas's Catering

72 Thomas's Catering Reviews

Josette · Married on 09/30/2017

People are still talking about the food a month later!

Lorrie · Married on 07/09/2017

Josh and his team are amazing. I own an event company and felt some pressure to impress when I recently hosted my own event. Thomas catering did not disappoint, the food was delicious and the service was perfection. They not only met my expectations but exceeded them.
    My guests were raving about the food and wonderful service, many asked for a business card for my caterer. Thank you Thomas catering, you made me a fan for life.

Cody · Married on 09/02/2016

Thomas's catering was fantastic. The food was delicious and throughout the whole evening the staff was extremely professional. There was even an incident with our cake (not provided by Thomas's catering) and the staff was able to fix it and save the day. This was something that wasn't their problem but they still stepped up and saved the day. I highly recommend using Thomas's catering for your event.

Liz · Married on 02/06/2016

We absolutely loved everything about working with Thomas's Catering! The food was delicious, the team was helpful and attentive to our needs. They even helped take down the event more than we anticipated. They really went above and beyond!

kellye · Married on 01/17/2016

Food was amazing-everyone raved about it. Company very easy to work with and promised as delivered. Would use again in a heartbeat!

Juli · Married on 07/11/2015

Servers were outstanding! The food was excellent and we received many compliments on it! Professional and courteous! Clean up was perfect! Highly recommend!!!

Michele · Married on 06/20/2015

Cannot believe how well this turned out. I chose Thomas' randomly online after the caterer I had hired moved to a menu that was too formal for our event. Just shopping online, I was impressed with the wide variety of menus and services they offered. The price was right, as well.
    The food was fantastic, and we have heard nothing but praises from our guests. In fact, several guests were found in the kitchen much later snacking on the leftovers!
    Melissa and her team did a terrific job on the site, too. We really appreciated the service they provided, and enjoyed them as well!

Michele · Married on 05/30/2015

From the beginning stages of planning to finalizing details, Thomas's Catering was very helpful. We were planning to use miss matched china for the wedding, Thomas's agreed to bring the china back with them and wash it for me to pick up a few days later. When we were knee deep in plans and running out of time, it was one email to Melissa asking to save my sanity and bring their china which they were more than willing to do. The entire night went off without a hitch (if we don't count the terrential downpour). We were completely satusfied with the service Thomas's provided and the staff that worked the wedding were very friendly and attentative.

Ken · Married on 11/08/2014

We chose Thomas's Catering to cater our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made!

After choosing a unique venue in downtown Detroit we quickly discovered that decorating and planning a wedding in a completely blank space would be more work than a typical banquet center wedding. We knew that we could tackle most of the decorating but we had no clue how we were getting food into a venue with no kitchen facilities. Luckily, Thomas's was having a tasting event the week that we started looking for a caterer and we met Josh and Tracie.

Josh and Tracie impressed us immediately and after comparing a few other options we knew that Thomas's was the caterer for us. They were always available to answer our random questions and even met us at the venue to figure out the best way to lay out the space. In addition to providing food, Thomas's also coordinated all of our table, chair, and linen rentals and saved us a lot of hassle and got us a better deal than if we would have done it ourselves.

We spent the entire day before our wedding decorating our venue and Josh was there helping the whole day. We had a pretty unique vision for our reception and Josh definitely got it. The tables that he prepared for food matched the rest of our decor perfectly.

The food was nothing short of incredible! We were a little concerned because there was no on-site kitchen but it was the best food we have ever had at a wedding. Everyone we talked to all night mentioned how great the food was and we're still getting compliments about it. The wait staff was very friendly and professional.

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/25/2014

Thomas's Catering did an exceptional job catering our wedding reception. The workers did an amazing job at staying on top of everything and made sure that we were pleased every step of the way....from beginning to end. The workers also helped us clean up at the end of the reception and we greatly appreciated that. The ladies at the Alexander Blue House at Greenmead Historical Park said they love to work with Thomas's Catering because the workers are always so good about cleaning up. The only recommendation we have is to check with the bride and groom about whether or not the top layer of the wedding cake can be cut and served to the guests. I know some couples want to save the top layer of the wedding cake for their 1 yr anniversary but our particular bakery will make us another one for our anniversary. So our top layer could have been cut and served to our guests but I didn't think to tell the catering ladies and they didn't think to ask. Not a big deal but just something to keep in mind for future cake cuttings. We would highly recommend Thomas's Catering.

Dave · Married on 07/19/2014

The staff at Thomas Catering were very professional and the food was wonderful. They have to be one of the finest caterers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Tracie was most helpful in planning and guiding me through the process of my daughters wedding. I would strongly reccomend anyone planning any event in the Detroit area to use these wonderful people. Their food was excellent and the staff is very experienced and make the event as unstressful as possible.

Melisa · Married on 12/01/2012

Service was out of this world!!!! Josh was wonderful to work with. He has a great eye for detail and good taste that makes for a beautiful, enjoyable event. He and his staff were so flexible and didn't sweat the ever changing guest count and was so accommodating to our needs. You can't even put a price on what he provides. I wound never even consider using another caterer.

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2012

Love everything about this whole company. From initial consult to planning and to final product, everything was superb!! Can't wait for next big event so we can work with them again!!

Thanks so much for making our big day, the best it could ever be :-)

Very creative and accommodating, provided services beyond what was expected. Presentation was amazing, rave reviews from all the guests.

Candra · Married on 06/22/2012

Fantastic food. Could not fault anything. Guests were impressed.

• User6870932 · event on: 06/12/2016

The service, the food preparation and quality, and staff were wonderful. They made my event hassle and worry free. We were able to sit back and totally enjoy our party. I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Patty · event on: 08/27/2016

The food was delicious. Guest after guest commented on how good the food was. Everyone loved the mashed potatoes. People had seconds and thirds!
    The servers were professional, friendly, efficient, cleanly and courteous. It was a pleasure working with them. We liked the extra touch of decorating the food table to match our theme.
    I really appreciate how you are among the few facilities that do not charge gratuity upfront. The definition of gratuity is quite the opposite!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Thomas's Catering's reply:

Patty - Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback! We loved having you as a client and are thrilled you and all the guests enjoyed our food and services! We look forward to working with you again in the future should another event pop up! Until then, take care and thank you again for putting your trust in us and taking the time to let us know your thoughts! The Thomas's Catering Team!

Michele · event on: 11/30/2016

Thomas's catered our holiday luncheon and the entire team could not have been more impressed. The food, service and professionalism were top notch. They were flexible with our menu and time frame (as we made a minor update at the last minute). We recieved so many compliments from our team members and their families as to how excellent the food was. My husband actually asked where it was from and if there was a restaurant we could visit because it was so good. We will most certainly use Thomas's again in the future. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Pamela · event on: 12/13/2016

I can't say enough about Thomas's Catering. I have used them for years and they just continue to get better and better. From the moment you call the office to discuss the event, until the time that your event is cleaned up it is FIRST CLASS!

Do yourself and your company a favor call Thomas's Catering

• W

William · event on: 12/06/2011

Josh and his staff are amazing to work with. Southeastern Michigan does not offer many caterers better than Thomas's.

• User3887056 · event on: 07/21/2012

We have used Josh and his team for several home parties of 50people or more. They provided a first class menu and services. We wanted the best and got nothing but the best. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a great caterer with all the added extra special touches.

Susan · event on: 08/21/2013

Thomas's Catering is wonderful. I haved used them for many Tradefirst.com events such as openhouses and also the Summer BBQ. What a delight it is to work with all of the wonderful people they have on their team. They go above and beyond when they do your event. I never have had to worry about anything. Our events are from 300 to 500 people and everyone loves them. Top notch caterer. Always impressive. Love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna · event on: 12/05/2013

Words cannot express how much I enjoy working with Josh and staff. We have had an ongoing relationship for many years and every event we have used him for has been exemplary, food, service, staff. 10 stars!!!!!!!

Greta · event on: 09/12/2013

Thomas' Catering truly does a fantastic job in all areas. Their staff is exceptional and they have great food selections and options and really try to work within your budget. Their presentation is great and they always come up with new ideas. I would recommend them to anyone, you will not be disappointed.

Jane · event on: 01/08/2014

Thomas' Catering is wonderful! Service is fantastic, food is delicious, and they are the nicest people. We sponsored a memorial luncheon which ran long, and at the last minute they had to add a significant amount of time to the job, which they did with grace and professionalism. I will use them again and again!