72 Reviews for Thomas's Catering

Gluten Free (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Vegetarian (1)
17 Thomas's Catering Reviews

People are still talking about the food a month later!

Profile Picture Josette, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, American, Italian

Josh and his team are amazing. I own an event company and felt some pressure to impress when I recently hosted my own event. Thomas catering did not disappoint, the food was delicious and the service was perfection. They not only met my expectations but exceeded them.
My guests were raving about the food and wonderful service, many asked for a business card for my caterer. Thank you Thomas catering, you made me a fan for life.

Profile Picture Lorrie, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Thomas's catering was fantastic. The food was delicious and throughout the whole evening the staff was extremely professional. There was even an incident with our cake (not provided by Thomas's catering) and the staff was able to fix it and save the day. This was something that wasn't their problem but they still stepped up and saved the day. I highly recommend using Thomas's catering for your event.

Profile Picture Cody, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We absolutely loved everything about working with Thomas's Catering! The food was delicious, the team was helpful and attentive to our needs. They even helped take down the event more than we anticipated. They really went above and beyond!

Profile Picture Liz, 2/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was amazing-everyone raved about it. Company very easy to work with and promised as delivered. Would use again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture kellye, 1/17/16, 1 Review
4.1

The food was excellent. We were told by our guests that some of the entrees (stuffed cabbage and pierogis in particular) were the best they've ever had! The staff did a nice job assisting with the event and food service. Staff could have been dressed a little more professionally.

Profile Picture User5364391, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Servers were outstanding! The food was excellent and we received many compliments on it! Professional and courteous! Clean up was perfect! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Juli, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Cannot believe how well this turned out. I chose Thomas' randomly online after the caterer I had hired moved to a menu that was too formal for our event. Just shopping online, I was impressed with the wide variety of menus and services they offered. The price was right, as well.
The food was fantastic, and we have heard nothing but praises from our guests. In fact, several guests were found in the kitchen much later snacking on the leftovers!
Melissa and her team did a terrific job on the site, too. We really appreciated the service they provided, and enjoyed them as well!

Profile Picture Michele, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From the beginning stages of planning to finalizing details, Thomas's Catering was very helpful. We were planning to use miss matched china for the wedding, Thomas's agreed to bring the china back with them and wash it for me to pick up a few days later. When we were knee deep in plans and running out of time, it was one email to Melissa asking to save my sanity and bring their china which they were more than willing to do. The entire night went off without a hitch (if we don't count the terrential downpour). We were completely satusfied with the service Thomas's provided and the staff that worked the wedding were very friendly and attentative.

Profile Picture Michele, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We chose Thomas's Catering to cater our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made!

After choosing a unique venue in downtown Detroit we quickly discovered that decorating and planning a wedding in a completely blank space would be more work than a typical banquet center wedding. We knew that we could tackle most of the decorating but we had no clue how we were getting food into a venue with no kitchen facilities. Luckily, Thomas's was having a tasting event the week that we started looking for a caterer and we met Josh and Tracie.

Josh and Tracie impressed us immediately and after comparing a few other options we knew that Thomas's was the caterer for us. They were always available to answer our random questions and even met us at the venue to figure out the best way to lay out the space. In addition to providing food, Thomas's also coordinated all of our table, chair, and linen rentals and saved us a lot of hassle and got us a better deal than if we would have done it ourselves.

We spent the entire day before our wedding decorating our venue and Josh was there helping the whole day. We had a pretty unique vision for our reception and Josh definitely got it. The tables that he prepared for food matched the rest of our decor perfectly.

The food was nothing short of incredible! We were a little concerned because there was no on-site kitchen but it was the best food we have ever had at a wedding. Everyone we talked to all night mentioned how great the food was and we're still getting compliments about it. The wait staff was very friendly and professional.

Profile Picture Ken, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Thomas's Catering did an exceptional job catering our wedding reception. The workers did an amazing job at staying on top of everything and made sure that we were pleased every step of the way....from beginning to end. The workers also helped us clean up at the end of the reception and we greatly appreciated that. The ladies at the Alexander Blue House at Greenmead Historical Park said they love to work with Thomas's Catering because the workers are always so good about cleaning up. The only recommendation we have is to check with the bride and groom about whether or not the top layer of the wedding cake can be cut and served to the guests. I know some couples want to save the top layer of the wedding cake for their 1 yr anniversary but our particular bakery will make us another one for our anniversary. So our top layer could have been cut and served to our guests but I didn't think to tell the catering ladies and they didn't think to ask. Not a big deal but just something to keep in mind for future cake cuttings. We would highly recommend Thomas's Catering.

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The staff at Thomas Catering were very professional and the food was wonderful. They have to be one of the finest caterers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Tracie was most helpful in planning and guiding me through the process of my daughters wedding. I would strongly reccomend anyone planning any event in the Detroit area to use these wonderful people. Their food was excellent and the staff is very experienced and make the event as unstressful as possible.

Profile Picture Dave, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We worked with Tracie and she was very helpful with getting everything in order for us on short notice. All our guests raved about the great food and professionalism of all the Thomas's staff at our reception.

Profile Picture Heather, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Service was out of this world!!!! Josh was wonderful to work with. He has a great eye for detail and good taste that makes for a beautiful, enjoyable event. He and his staff were so flexible and didn't sweat the ever changing guest count and was so accommodating to our needs. You can't even put a price on what he provides. I wound never even consider using another caterer.

Profile Picture Melisa, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Love everything about this whole company. From initial consult to planning and to final product, everything was superb!! Can't wait for next big event so we can work with them again!!

Thanks so much for making our big day, the best it could ever be :-)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Very creative and accommodating, provided services beyond what was expected. Presentation was amazing, rave reviews from all the guests.

Profile Picture User3887131, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Fantastic food. Could not fault anything. Guests were impressed.

Profile Picture Candra, 6/22/12, 5 Reviews