Thomas Caterers of Distinction Reviews

17 | Indianapolis, IN

17 Reviews for Thomas Caterers of Distinction

• Lauren

Lauren Merker · Married on 07/09/2019

Delicious food start to finish

Thomas Caterers owned my wedding venue so it came as a package deal and I was very pleased with the end result! Mandy and Emily were our coordinators and were so helpful through the whole process. The tasting event was wonderful and it was a great opportunity to try everything that could and would be offered all in one place while meeting other couples getting married! I wished I was able to pick and choose the appetizers for the happy hour, but my guests loved every single one offered! We had a wedding earlier in the summer that was catered by Thomas and my family and husband knew right away what we wanted for ours and it was delicious! Great team all around on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2018

OUT OF THIS WORLD!! The people, food, and service is beyond comparison. It made our big day so stress free and beautiful. They are simply the best.

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • Karin

Karin · Married on 01/19/2018

I loved having the service team of Thomas Caterers of Distinction at my wedding. Crystal did an amazing job with all of my questions and making everything come together so seamlessly! The day of the wedding was perfect and the service PERFECT! We even had a bridal party service where they served us appetizers from the cocktail hour and made sure my husband and I were having a great time. Blake (I believe his name) even got my and my bridesmaids a drink order to have READY when teh ceremony was done. Crystal did an amazing job and was so kind to me. I loved everything about that day and will cherish that I had NO STRESS the day off. I truly got to enjoy my ceremony & reception with my new husband because of this wonderful team!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Kimberly · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband is a foodie- who wanted something truly unique for our wedding. When he heard TCD could do Asian food and Jamacian beef patties he was hooked... We worked with Lori Whitehall who was amazingly friendly and really took the time to understand our tastes/what were looking for in terms of our menu. She also went out of her way to find the perfect "Butterbeer" for our reception bar and found a great recipe for a mock-tail as we have many family members who don't drink... TCD also helped arrange a kid entree for our younger guests(We had about 13 guests under the age of 12) as well as high chairs/booster seats for the real young kiddos to sit comfortably with their parents.

We had so much fun at our tastings and working with Lori throughout the process- she addressed every concern. She was also very flexible when it came to questions concerning our budget and day of details.

In the end after meeting with her and the communication she had with my husband TCD created a menu for us that truly made our reception unique! From start to finish working with Thomas Caterers was a breeze and they are TRULY good at what they do.

Our reception and cocktail hour was filled with amazing food - and we continue to get compliments from our friends and family that TCD is best "wedding food" they ever had. We also want to say that their staff was truly professional throughout the day - we have no complaints there! I loved my personal bridal server Meg - who continued to ensure that I was fed and happy throughout the evening. If you're in search of a caterer that will try to match your taste palette and give you something truly unique Thomas is the place to go!

My husband and I always joke - that we wish we had gotten a "to-go" box from our wedding - as we were busy socializing and didn't eat as much as we should have during the night. (If you hire them be sure you do :D )

Sent on 04/27/2017
  • Liz S.

Liz · Married on 10/31/2015

Thomas Catering is amazing!!! I’m so glad we chose them for our wedding at the Central Library. They went above and beyond. We had a Halloween themed wedding on Halloween and from the first menu we saw they had taken the time to give all the hors d'oeuvres Halloween-y names. It was great working with someone who not only embraced our offbeat ideas, but helped to improve them and turned them into reality. From the spooky names to the spectacular presentation, Thomas Caterers is worth the expense! Thomas even includes a dedicated server for the bride and groom so we didn’t have to go to the bar or seek out food; she came to us. It was great!

Lori was our event planner and she was fantastic! Her enthusiasm, thoughtfulness and dedication to our event could not be beat. She made sure things went flawlessly! I could have another wedding, the experience was great!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Tiffany · Married on 11/15/2008

Food was wonderful and service was great...absolutely no problems. Dee was helpful in suggestions and flexibility and we loved working with Thomas Caterers.

Sent on 12/19/2008

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2007

My husband and I were so pleased with Thomas Caterers. The food was excellent!! We had so many compliments from our guests about the food.

We worked with Dee and she was the best. Very professional and knew exactly what she was doing. She went above and beyond for us. The staff for our reception were very polite and did an awesome job. I HIGHLY recommend Thomas Caterers for your wedding or event.

Sent on 07/25/2008

Lindy · Married on 03/31/2001

The food was insanely good!

Sent on 08/24/2008

April · Married on 03/05/2011

The food was outstanding!!! Our guest are still call us raving about everything. The evening was flawless. Their staff is so well trained and Vince as such a joy to work with. They may be priced up their as one of the most expensive caterer (but not the only) but it is well worth every penny.

Sent on 04/03/2011

Brittany · Married on 06/20/2015

Thomas Caterers was a phenomenal catering service! As my husband and I were planning our wedding from out of town, Lori was exceptionally responsive to our emails. During the taste testing, it was hard to select just one meal to serve. The food was hot, delicious and beautiful to look at.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Megan · Married on 12/11/2010

Food was fantastic and beautifully displayed. However, they ran out of sushi very early which was a disappointment.

Sent on 12/28/2010

3.0

Thomas Caterers was professional and creative. They helped us plan an interesting menu for our entrees, and we were excited about their liquid nitrogen ice cream bar in lieu of a cake! Lori was responsive and helpful. It was pretty expensive though, and I found out that some of my guests were still hungry at the end of the night and that many didn't get much to eat during cocktail hour. For the price, I would expect more. Still, we chose TCoD because it was a cut above the other caterer our venue offered.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Erin · Married on 04/25/2009

3.0

The food that Thomas Caterers provided was WONDERFUL. Our guests still rave about the mashed potatoes we had chosen (Vermont White Cheddar)! There were only two minor incidents that we had to deal with. 1) They completely forgot about our tasting. When we showed up for our tasting, they had forgotten that we were on the calendar and had to reschedule. 2.) We ran out of beer at our reception. It was late, but we did have a few upset guests.

Sent on 09/17/2009

Molly · Married on 06/02/2007

3.4
      3.0

The food was spectacular! Thomas's also provided all the table linens and placeware, which were quite nice. My only issue is that they were the only caterers used by the reception hall I selected, so they were able to charge a very high price.

Sent on 02/12/2008

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2008

2.8
      2.0
      1.5
      2.0
      3.5

Jennifer at Thomas's was great! It was too bad that we lost her during planning because of maternity leave. The other people that we dealt with were attrocius. We had staff eating our appetizers, drinking our alcohol, and no one seemed to know what was going on. It was awful. I am just glad that my husband and I were the only ones that really noticed the bad behavior, and not our guests. I would not recommend them.

Sent on 01/20/2009

2.4
      1.0
      1.0

Food was amazing but I didn't like the person I was assigned to work with. She would only answer my questions in person and was horrible with returning emails. She also gave out my phone number so now I get spammed by people that I don't want calling me!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Richard · Married on 09/15/2018

0.4
      0.5

Horrible experience with Thomas Caterers of Distinction. We were sold an experience and level of service that was never delivered. First, let's begin with the sales pitch. During the sales pitch, they only used a tablet and never gave us any written sales documents. Now I see why - because it was all smoke and mirrors to get your money. We were told that a "wedding planner" would walk us through every step of the process and even their own website (on the home page) reads: "Planning
    Enjoy a Positive planning experience with our team of professionals who will guide you through every step". First, we booked in October and plan to wed on September 15th. After taking our deposit, we never heard from a "planner" or "Even Designer" as they call it for the rest of the year. We had to reach out to them on December 27th and ask to be contacted. The "event designer" emailed back the next day asking when we would like to meet in APRIL. By her own admission in a subsequent email on January 28th, the first "design" meeting should happen six months prior, yet she was trying to schedule us in April - 5 months out. Her email read: "Design & Planning (6 months prior) Lets Dive in! At this first meeting held at our corporate office 4440 N Keystone Ave; we will discuss floorplan, linens, timeline & vendors. It is a best practice to have a conversation at least 2 weeks prior to this meeting to discuss wedding colors, theme, etc. so I can have sample linens and décor options ordered in to show you." This "conversation" two weeks prior never took place either. When I confronted the owner Vince Early about our issues and dissatisfaction, he flatly refused to refund our $4000 deposit on a wedding that was going to cost at a minimum $34,781.89, but in all reality would have cost over $40,000 because our guest list exceeded their minimum of 135. We simply wanted a refund and it didn't happen. Take your hard earned money elsewhere. They do not deliver as promised.

Sent on 03/15/2018