Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Reviews

28 | Kyle, TX

28 Reviews for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens

28 Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Reviews

Billie · Married on 09/15/2018

This was a perfect venue for the wedding of my grand daughter. Trish and Leslie were responsive and professional to every need! Such an elegant, reception area with plenty of room for an intimate setting. Truly, a fairy tale wedding!
    Thank you!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you Billie. It was such a pleasure working with you to create this "fairy tale" wedding!

Sheila · Married on 09/15/2018

I can't say enough positive about this wedding planning experience. Every wedding planning story we've heard was marked by stress. Not ours. Tricia held meetings with us that covered every detail. We were not rushed and she makes listening an art. She laid out timelines, deadlines, gave us numerous weblinks, referrals of business, Pinterst ideas for what she picked up was our style and interest. She was available for bouncing ideas off, returned calls always within 24 hrs., was polite and cheerful. She spent time listening to our vision of our wedding and helped guide us in reaching it. We did not feel rushed and in fact her calm demeanor is very reassuring in the hustle of the actual wedding day. Her right hand partner, Leslie, who served as our coordinator, was everywhere at once on wedding day. She literally was "right there when you need her." She solved garment emergencies with efficiency and speed. (I don't even think this is in her job description, but you'd never know by how she stepped in to solve it.). Our wedding was moved indoors because of rain, but the atmosphere was intimate and yet glamorous and gave a warmth to the ceremony that left us without any disappointment in the loss of the outdoor ceremony. The gardens alone at Thistlewood, (I hear her husband has 10 green thumbs!) make this a venue worth every penny! We've been to 11 weddings in the last 4 years. The romantic gardens there provide a bridal photoshoot or first look photoshoot to dream for! I have 4 more young adult daughters. Every one of them would be elated to have their wedding at Thistlewood Manor!

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2018

All the stress and headache I dreaded in wedding planning is absent in both the memories of my husband and me. The thorough meetings with Tricia, the venue owner and manager of Thistlewood Manor, put us a ease and helped us move forward in an organized manner. I am thankful not only for all the pre-wedding planning that she guided us in, but also the way Tricia and her staff managed the entire wedding day. The venue is so gorgeous, the gardens TO DIE FOR! It's like she brought a bit of Europe over as she planted her roses and designed her fountain. I am so thankful this was the place we chose for such a momentous day in our lives. No regrets! We recommend Thistlewood Manor whole heartedly.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah. We love you and Cameron. It was so wonderful to be a part of your day!

Nichole · Married on 07/12/2018

Such a beautiful venue, my wedding felt so elegant and amazing. Tricia and Leslie are so easy to work with and are so helpful. The easiness of planning our big day was so effortless because they do so much to help you depending on the option you choose. Although they are all affordable. I highly recommend this venue and this team.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Nichole! We loved working with you both and miss you already! It was beautiful!

Erin · Married on 05/25/2018

My biggest thanks to Thistlewood Manor and its staff. I would like to especially thank Ms. Tricia and Ms. Leslie for their patience, professionalism, and hospitality in hosting my husband, family, friends and myself for our big day. I am glad that I found them and what I consider the "tucked away secret". I had researched many venues (approximately 20) and found them. The venue itself supported my theme of the 1930's-1940's vintage glam that I dreamed for. Not to mention, they have decorations to die for that yo are able to use. The cost was well under my budget and tey were MORE SUPPORTIVE than I could've have ever asked for. My family an myself can be very indecisive and Ms. Tricia and Ms. Leslie handled it like pros! From the drinks to the food that we were showered with that day, Thistlewood is definitely the place to book a venue. I especially loved the fact that there were places where my groom and I as well as our bridal party could prepare ourselves for that day. Plenty of space and let us not forget, mimosas! The coordination and communication was awesome as I was honored to have Ms. Leslie as my day of coordinator and she assisted with serving my food. Now that I have experienced the "tucked away secret" for myself, I am willing to have future events and tell people to use Thistlewood for their big day! Thank you all again for everything you did for my family and I! I will never forget you all!

Thank you! <3

-Erin

Sent on 10/12/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! It was our pleasure to work with and serve you. The photos are lovely, too. Your kind words mean the world to us!

Marcie · Married on 02/18/2018

Wow! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding at Thistlewood Manor. Tricia and Leslie went above and beyond in every possible situation, and by our actual wedding day, they felt like a part of our family. They took every opportunity to "wow" us with their decor choices, willingness to talk through all of our decisions, and overall thoughtfulness and creativity. They took on every detail with so much care! Not to mention the venue is absolutely stunning, inside and out. The gardens are constantly being updated, and new things are blooming every day! And inside the mansion, the marble floors, columns, and chandeliers have such a unique, elegant look that is hard to find in the rustic Texas hill country. Their packages make it easy to plan a wedding at an excellent value, such as the ability to add on day-of coordinating, linen and glassware rentals, and catering (yum!) at very reasonable prices. My favorite item of theirs is the decor closet - we spent so much less on decorations by accessing their decor closet! I highly recommend throwing your wedding, work event, rehearsal dinner, ANYTHING at Thistlewood Manor, and I'm sure it'll be a spectacular affair!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

It was truly a joy to work with you, and our pleasure to make everything as wonderful as possible. Thank you for the opportunity and your kind words!!
  • Y

Yihong · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Thistlewood in October 2017. It was a magical experience! Leslie and Tricia were wonderful, and they helped us so much every step of the way, from the initial meeting all the way through the wedding itself. Tricia exudes warmth and is also a wonderful chef to boot, having prepared the delicious dinner for us and our guests. Leslie assisted us as our wedding planner and our day-of coordinator. She was incredibly professional and gave us great guidance to make our wedding wonderful, helping us with décor decisions and choosing certain vendors. We also asked Leslie to be our florist, and her floral arrangements were so beautiful! Thistlewood is so great because they provide so many excellent services beyond being a venue. Both Tricia and Leslie were responsive to our emails and communicated very well. They really made us feel like they cared and wanted our day to be special. I can't recommend Tricia and Leslie (and the entire Thistlewood family) enough!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you again Yihong and Lei. We are honored and thankful for your kind words. We will miss working with you, and you were a true pleasure to work with. Many Blessings!

Robyn · Married on 07/07/2017

Overall experience was amazing!! Trish and Leslie made our day easy and stress free! Can't say I'd use their services again, haha but I will highly recommend this beautiful venue!! Thank you again, Trish and Leslie!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you Robyn. You and your family were just wonderful to work with, and you are a beautiful bride! Love the photos!

Eno · Married on 06/19/2017

Thistlewood Manor and Gardens provided us a venue for a very memorable wedding day. This venue seemed like it was hand-picked for us. Tricia and Leslie are wonderful to work with and they are both very accommodating and helpful with idea and suggestions to match our heart's desire and preference. I would recommend Thistlewood for anyone seeking to have a romantic, classy and elegant wedding venue.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

We thoroughly enjoyed working with you both, and your wedding was lovely and fun. Great dancing!!

Lauren · Married on 04/29/2017

I absolutely loved the venue and staff. They were so helpful and just a delight to work with!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

You and your family were also a delight to work with! Thank you for the kind words, Lauren!

Maya · Married on 03/26/2017

I truly cannot have imagined a more perfect wedding day! Thistlewood is a gorgeous venue inside and out! Tricia and Leslie are the most amazing, kind, and talented people and they made our wedding day a breeze. We utilized them for our catering, bartending, florals, and coordinating! Tricia is not only so sweet and easy to work with, but she is also a phenomenal chef. We received endless compliments about the food and were so thankful to have some to take home after the wedding. Leslie is essentially Wonder Woman. She is on top of everything and made our day so effortless. The florals were stunning and the way Leslie was able to enhance our very unique centerpieces is beyond words. I walked into the venue the morning of my wedding and my jaw dropped. I literally felt like I was walking into a fairytale. We highly recommend Thistlewood Manor!!!!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

We're still talking about your wedding! So much fun and creative! Many blessings to you both!

Hayley · Married on 03/25/2017

Leslie and Tricia are amazing! They are super open, helpful and accommodating! Especially helpful for clueless brides like myself! The venue is gorgeous, and the packages are very fair!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words. We did truly enjoy working with you and wish you many many happy years together.

Rochelle · Married on 10/14/2016

Thistlewood is a beautiful venue. Very classy and elegant, which is what we were looking for. Staff is great! Very helpful, understanding and patient. Our families had a great time and really loved the venue.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you Rochelle. It was all our pleasure to have you here and serve you. We wish you both all the best!!

What a stunning venue this is! Absolutely breathtaking. Getting married at Thistlewood Manor was a dream come true for us! Working with Tricia and Leslie made all the difference. They truly exceeded my expectations in everything. You know you're working with the right people when they make wedding planning AND your special day a breeze! The food was phenomenal. The flower arrangements were spectacular. Our ceremony space was magical. This is the perfect place for your happily ever after!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you. The pleasure was all ours! Many blessings.

John · Married on 09/18/2016

Tricia and Leslie are nothing short of fantastic. All the accommodations, and professionalism is worth well more than the cost. The wait staff amazed my family and I with their respect and responsiveness. I highly recommend Thistlewood Manor to everyone!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you John. It was all FUN with you both. Thank you for sharing your day with us!

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

They really have the most beautiful venue and amazing packages for the price!

As a wedding coordinator myself, they exceeded expectations on everything- they coordinated and helped plan, they did my florals and linens, they did the food (guests were raving for ages) and beverages as well.
    I couldn't have asked for better service!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you!!! It was truly our pleasure working with you and sharing your day! Many blessings!

Mary · Married on 05/14/2016

After an extensive search for venues in the Austin area, I discovered Thistlewood Manor just south in Kyle. I was looking for a venue with a very elegant, romantic feel, and this was THE MOST beautiful one I found. The bridal room to get ready provides an absolutely gorgeous backdrop for photos with the furniture and décor, and guests commented all night on the stunning interior space and outdoor area with the reflection pool and gardens. The spiral staircase inside allowed for a dramatic grand entrance and the chandeliers and dance floor in the center are very classy. The owner, Tricia, was very helpful during the planning process with suggestions for customizing a bar package for us, table layout ideas, etc. I was also extremely impressed with her use of a computer program for clients to use to create a personalized layout of her venue to scale and share with all other contracted vendors. Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you Mary! We so very much enjoyed sharing your day with you, and the process to get there.

Shirley · Married on 08/16/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our wedding at Thistlewood Manor. Tricia is phenomenal and did an amazing job accomodating our needs to create our dream wedding. The venue wasn't even fully complete at the time of our wedding and everyone was still floored by how gorgeous everything looked. Yes, there were a few kinks here and there but, overall I would definitely recommend having your next event at Thistlewood Manor

Sent on 08/23/2016

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Thank you Shirley. We loved working with you and David!

Brandi · Married on 03/21/2015

When we first visited Thistlewood last summer, it was quite literally a slab and studs. I don't even think the roof was finished. But we had a conversation with Tricia, the owner, and she painted such a beautiful picture of her vision that we fell in love with it. Over the next 9 months we watched it grow, and saw it literally come to life. With the help of her onsite coordinator, Tricia made our day 100% perfect (except for the rain, I suppose now she needs to figure out how to control the weather and she'd have it made). I probably won't ever have another reason to book a venue of that size and scale, but if I ever did, I would absolutely go back.

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

My wedding this passed weekend was magical! The venue wasn't quite finished and yet it was perfect! Everything was beautiful and so much more than I ever expected! I'm so very glad I chose this venue, I will cherish the memories made there for a lifetime!

Carol · Married on 04/01/2017

I cannot recommend Thistlewood highly enough!!! I had my wedding there on April 1 and the staff at Thistlewood ensured it went off without a hitch!! They are incredibly helpful and this is one of the most beautiful venues I've ever seen. Anyone interested in an elegant wedding venue in the Austin area should absolutely check this place out.

Sent on 04/11/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Your family and everyone were so fun to work with! We wish you all the very best!

Salomon · Married on 11/12/2017

Choosing thistle wood manor and gardens was the the right choice for our wedding day.beautiful venue!
    Tricia was very easy to work with and very helpful.thank you so much for being part of our big day thistlewood!!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

You guys were so fun! It was simply a pleasure to work with you and share your day. Thank you so much!!!
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/25/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience at Thistlewood Manor! The staff there was phenomenal and really went above and beyond to make our wedding day incredibly special.
    Leslie deserves 5 stars all on her own. She is a wedding machine that just goes and goes!! I was completely blown away by how hard she worked. I cannot thank her enough for everything that she did.
    Tricia is an amazing chef and one of the most kind people that we had the honor of meeting. Her venue and the way she runs her business make your life so much simpler during this stressful time.
    Thank you so much ladies!!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Thistlewood Manor & Gardens's reply:

Your comments are so sweet and touching, Felicia. You and Josh made serving you and your guests easy. Honestly, it was a pleasure!!

Anna · Married on 03/07/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at Thistlewood on March 7, 2015. Tricia was very easy to work with and always responded quickly. She was very accommodating and made sure that we had everything we wanted for our wedding day. Although the landscaping in the front of the venue was not complete at the time of our wedding, the ceremony in the back and the reception inside were beautiful. I had many guests comment on how beautiful the ballroom was and how delicious the food was (every food option we tasted was wonderful--we had a hard time deciding what we wanted because it was all so good!) There is nothing I would have changed about my wedding at Thistlewood and I would recommend it to brides searching for an elegant, beautiful location outside of Austin.