22 Reviews for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens

Open Bar (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Furniture (1)
22 Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Reviews

Wow! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding at Thistlewood Manor. Tricia and Leslie went above and beyond in every possible situation, and by our actual wedding day, they felt like a part of our family. They took every opportunity to "wow" us with their decor choices, willingness to talk through all of our decisions, and overall thoughtfulness and creativity. They took on every detail with so much care! Not to mention the venue is absolutely stunning, inside and out. The gardens are constantly being updated, and new things are blooming every day! And inside the mansion, the marble floors, columns, and chandeliers have such a unique, elegant look that is hard to find in the rustic Texas hill country. Their packages make it easy to plan a wedding at an excellent value, such as the ability to add on day-of coordinating, linen and glassware rentals, and catering (yum!) at very reasonable prices. My favorite item of theirs is the decor closet - we spent so much less on decorations by accessing their decor closet! I highly recommend throwing your wedding, work event, rehearsal dinner, ANYTHING at Thistlewood Manor, and I'm sure it'll be a spectacular affair!

Profile Picture Marcie, 2/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Choosing thistle wood manor and gardens was the the right choice for our wedding day.beautiful venue!
Tricia was very easy to work with and very helpful.thank you so much for being part of our big day thistlewood!!

Profile Picture Salomon, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Thistlewood in October 2017. It was a magical experience! Leslie and Tricia were wonderful, and they helped us so much every step of the way, from the initial meeting all the way through the wedding itself. Tricia exudes warmth and is also a wonderful chef to boot, having prepared the delicious dinner for us and our guests. Leslie assisted us as our wedding planner and our day-of coordinator. She was incredibly professional and gave us great guidance to make our wedding wonderful, helping us with décor decisions and choosing certain vendors. We also asked Leslie to be our florist, and her floral arrangements were so beautiful! Thistlewood is so great because they provide so many excellent services beyond being a venue. Both Tricia and Leslie were responsive to our emails and communicated very well. They really made us feel like they cared and wanted our day to be special. I can't recommend Tricia and Leslie (and the entire Thistlewood family) enough!

Profile Picture Yihong, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

This a beautiful and unique venue in the Texas Hill Country. They are a one-stop-shop if you wish, but are also open to working with outside vendors. Tricia is a lovely and caring owner that makes sure you and your party feel like her top priority! I really appreciated their location - remote enough to feel private, close enough to a big city that a cab ride or Uber is not super expensive for guests who party too hard. They have multiple ceremony cites to suit many tastes, and a gorgeous ballroom for an elegant reception. I am so happy with our decision to trust Thistlewood Manor & Gardens with our wedding!

Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - The backyard
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - Pastries and Coffee for the Bridal suite!
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - Groom's party chilin' in the Groom's suite
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - Football is a must in the Groom's suite
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - A great shot of the Bridal suite
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - The reflection pool makes for a great backdrop or ceremony.
Photos
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - Our ceremony was held by the tree cluster.
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - Simple and elegant photo op for the Bridal party.
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - The ballroom space accommodates a large party.
Photo for Thistlewood Manor & Gardens Review - You must take advantage of the grand staircase!
Profile Picture Mel, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience at Thistlewood Manor! The staff there was phenomenal and really went above and beyond to make our wedding day incredibly special.
Leslie deserves 5 stars all on her own. She is a wedding machine that just goes and goes!! I was completely blown away by how hard she worked. I cannot thank her enough for everything that she did.
Tricia is an amazing chef and one of the most kind people that we had the honor of meeting. Her venue and the way she runs her business make your life so much simpler during this stressful time.
Thank you so much ladies!!!

Profile Picture Felicia, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall experience was amazing!! Trish and Leslie made our day easy and stress free! Can't say I'd use their services again, haha but I will highly recommend this beautiful venue!! Thank you again, Trish and Leslie!!

Profile Picture Robyn, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thistlewood Manor and Gardens provided us a venue for a very memorable wedding day. This venue seemed like it was hand-picked for us. Tricia and Leslie are wonderful to work with and they are both very accommodating and helpful with idea and suggestions to match our heart's desire and preference. I would recommend Thistlewood for anyone seeking to have a romantic, classy and elegant wedding venue.

Profile Picture Eno, 6/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with this venue the moment I saw it! I loved the flexibility of the ceremony options (could be indoor or outdoor) and the grounds were lovely. I had both my ceremony and reception here. The cost for this venue isn't cheap, but it is not overly expensive like others in the surrounding areas. It falls in the middle which is great for the location. Everything turned out beautifully from top to bottom. Leslie was a huge help and very supportive of decisions I made and she did a wonderful job bringing my ideas alive. Both Leslie and Tricia were very sweet and helped as much as possible. I'd recommend Thistlewood to anyone who wants an elegant and timeless experience!

Profile Picture Montoya, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

I absolutely loved the venue and staff. They were so helpful and just a delight to work with!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot recommend Thistlewood highly enough!!! I had my wedding there on April 1 and the staff at Thistlewood ensured it went off without a hitch!! They are incredibly helpful and this is one of the most beautiful venues I've ever seen. Anyone interested in an elegant wedding venue in the Austin area should absolutely check this place out.

Profile Picture Carol, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I truly cannot have imagined a more perfect wedding day! Thistlewood is a gorgeous venue inside and out! Tricia and Leslie are the most amazing, kind, and talented people and they made our wedding day a breeze. We utilized them for our catering, bartending, florals, and coordinating! Tricia is not only so sweet and easy to work with, but she is also a phenomenal chef. We received endless compliments about the food and were so thankful to have some to take home after the wedding. Leslie is essentially Wonder Woman. She is on top of everything and made our day so effortless. The florals were stunning and the way Leslie was able to enhance our very unique centerpieces is beyond words. I walked into the venue the morning of my wedding and my jaw dropped. I literally felt like I was walking into a fairytale. We highly recommend Thistlewood Manor!!!!

Profile Picture Maya, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Leslie and Tricia are amazing! They are super open, helpful and accommodating! Especially helpful for clueless brides like myself! The venue is gorgeous, and the packages are very fair!

Profile Picture Hayley, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thistlewood is a beautiful venue. Very classy and elegant, which is what we were looking for. Staff is great! Very helpful, understanding and patient. Our families had a great time and really loved the venue.

Profile Picture Rochelle, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

What a stunning venue this is! Absolutely breathtaking. Getting married at Thistlewood Manor was a dream come true for us! Working with Tricia and Leslie made all the difference. They truly exceeded my expectations in everything. You know you're working with the right people when they make wedding planning AND your special day a breeze! The food was phenomenal. The flower arrangements were spectacular. Our ceremony space was magical. This is the perfect place for your happily ever after!

Profile Picture User7811660, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tricia and Leslie are nothing short of fantastic. All the accommodations, and professionalism is worth well more than the cost. The wait staff amazed my family and I with their respect and responsiveness. I highly recommend Thistlewood Manor to everyone!

Profile Picture John, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They really have the most beautiful venue and amazing packages for the price!

As a wedding coordinator myself, they exceeded expectations on everything- they coordinated and helped plan, they did my florals and linens, they did the food (guests were raving for ages) and beverages as well.
I couldn't have asked for better service!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

After an extensive search for venues in the Austin area, I discovered Thistlewood Manor just south in Kyle. I was looking for a venue with a very elegant, romantic feel, and this was THE MOST beautiful one I found. The bridal room to get ready provides an absolutely gorgeous backdrop for photos with the furniture and décor, and guests commented all night on the stunning interior space and outdoor area with the reflection pool and gardens. The spiral staircase inside allowed for a dramatic grand entrance and the chandeliers and dance floor in the center are very classy. The owner, Tricia, was very helpful during the planning process with suggestions for customizing a bar package for us, table layout ideas, etc. I was also extremely impressed with her use of a computer program for clients to use to create a personalized layout of her venue to scale and share with all other contracted vendors. Highly, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Indoor, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Parking

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our wedding at Thistlewood Manor. Tricia is phenomenal and did an amazing job accomodating our needs to create our dream wedding. The venue wasn't even fully complete at the time of our wedding and everyone was still floored by how gorgeous everything looked. Yes, there were a few kinks here and there but, overall I would definitely recommend having your next event at Thistlewood Manor

Profile Picture Shirley, 8/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we first visited Thistlewood last summer, it was quite literally a slab and studs. I don't even think the roof was finished. But we had a conversation with Tricia, the owner, and she painted such a beautiful picture of her vision that we fell in love with it. Over the next 9 months we watched it grow, and saw it literally come to life. With the help of her onsite coordinator, Tricia made our day 100% perfect (except for the rain, I suppose now she needs to figure out how to control the weather and she'd have it made). I probably won't ever have another reason to book a venue of that size and scale, but if I ever did, I would absolutely go back.

Profile Picture Brandi, 3/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at Thistlewood on March 7, 2015. Tricia was very easy to work with and always responded quickly. She was very accommodating and made sure that we had everything we wanted for our wedding day. Although the landscaping in the front of the venue was not complete at the time of our wedding, the ceremony in the back and the reception inside were beautiful. I had many guests comment on how beautiful the ballroom was and how delicious the food was (every food option we tasted was wonderful--we had a hard time deciding what we wanted because it was all so good!) There is nothing I would have changed about my wedding at Thistlewood and I would recommend it to brides searching for an elegant, beautiful location outside of Austin.

Profile Picture Anna, 3/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding this passed weekend was magical! The venue wasn't quite finished and yet it was perfect! Everything was beautiful and so much more than I ever expected! I'm so very glad I chose this venue, I will cherish the memories made there for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews