This is the Day Reviews

21 | Diamond Bar, CA

21 Reviews for This is the Day

Dina · Married on 10/22/2016

We loved working with Liz and the team to coordinate our wedding in September this year. We love how comfortable she made us feel and because she covers all bases, we felt completely comfortable leaving it in her hands. She is a great listener and is willing to execute what it is you really want- even if it's a little crazy and last minute (like what we did).

The day of our wedding, my husband and I didn't know of any issues and was stress free the whole day. We had a blast, ate, and was able to fully enjoy ourselves. We are so thankful to Liz and the whole team for making our day so perfect! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Grace · Married on 05/16/2015

Liz and her team were absolutely amazing. I was really nervous about planning and coordinating a 350+person wedding, but she made me feel comfortable right away. She met with us a number of times leading up to the wedding. She made a vendor list, confirmed details with all the vendors, and created a thorough timeline that gave us an idea of how the day would look. She also ran through the rehearsal with us, and that was really helpful so we can go over any on-site concerns with her before the big day. Liz is very thorough, professional and personable and makes sure that every detail is attended to leading up to the wedding date. When I would slack on planning, Liz would gently remind me to make sure I was on top of everything in a timely fashion. I thought I would be a nervous and stressed wreck on the day of my wedding, but Liz and her team took care of all the details of the day and instead helped me focus and enjoy one of the best days of my life! They are really there to make sure everything is going seamlessly with vendors/timeline and to guide the bride and groom comfortably throughout the day. They really go above and beyond to make sure all needs are being met, and she even comes prepared with an emergency kit, just in case there are any mishaps. She is so responsible, and it gave me peace of mind knowing that she was always there throughout the day. Plus, she always deals with everything with a smile. :)

We couldn't have had our wedding be successful without Liz and This is the Day. All of our vendors also loved their friendly attitude and professionalism. I would HIGHLY recommend This is the Day in a heartbeat to all couples planning a wedding or looking to hiring a coordinator.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Teresa · Married on 05/10/2015

Look no further!!!! Liz, her husband Daniel and their team are AMAZING! knowing that it was going to be stressful planning a wedding in 5 months, my husband and I wanted to hire a 'that day of wedding coordinator' so we can enjoy the special day. So we hired them as our wedding coordinator in May, and we were so glad we did! So we have seen their work at some weddings, and heard stories of how they have saved the day from problems without the bride&groom even knowing!!! So I immediately trusted them with our day. From the very first meeting to the wedding day, everything was so organized and professional. They even recommended other great vendors and ideas to incorporate into our wedding to make it so beautiful! She got along with all the vendors and even asked little fine detailed questions that we did not even think of! Our reception hall manager was even impressed! We were able to thoroughly enjoy our wedding day without problems arising (or that we know of!) :) Thank you so much for such a fun and beautiful day! :)

Sent on 06/25/2015

Elizabeth and Daniel Chang an amazing team in life and business. We reviewed various reviews on Yelp and also within our personal network, but was drawn to This Is The Day. We had sent out various inquires but Liz responded within 24hours. She was very respectful and happy (others were very much business and give me your money!) Our schedules weren't the most flexible, which was a challenge for others, but with ease Liz accommodated our meetings. Within the first few minutes I feel in love (again!) with their demeanor, professionalism and experience. Their prices are competitive and bit more than we intended to spend, but our focus was making sure family and friends did not work our wedding; we wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. Each package is workable and able to be discussed with what works for your wedding plans and budgets.
    We met a few times and they were always available, she provided vendor assistance and budgeting assistance which helped us be aware. I made the mistake of not listening to Liz and hired a family friend to MC and DJ: Learn from our mistakes! From the get go her advice and calm demeanor helped make the day a less stressful. Our wedding day, was smooth and fun, as we had wanted. Keeping us in mind when we needed a break and making a hundred percent sure we were OKAY, even if that meant going off schedule.
    Make sure you emphasize with Liz/Daniel what you emphasized to the catering/venue locations. We trusted the catering/venue with their "coordinators", which they failed at and had to have Liz/Daniel fix. Make sure the small things are mentioned prior to your day, don't rely on your or family/friends to have this task. So much goes on and last minute everything's come up, you need your family/friends to help you and each other; no room for small stuff leave it to your This Is The Day Team!
    We are glad to have met this great team and most importantly beautiful family! xoxo, MAS

Sent on 01/01/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/02/2014

I CANNOT thank Liz and her team enough for their genuine kindness and support through my wedding planning process.

Liz is extremely knowledgeable, super calm and organized from everything to our initial meeting, rehearsal and actual wedding day. She is personable, creative and is always (I mean always) smiling and being positive. I couldn't ask for much more in a wedding coordinator.

I met Liz while she worked as a coordinator for my sister's wedding, and was extremely impressed then as well. She and her team had just about everything to cover any incidences that could pop up on the day of, and they were extremely attentive and sly during the ceremony and reception, ensuring that everything was moving along in a timely manner. I appreciated Liz's experience, attentiveness and professionalism throughout the planning process. It is obvious that she and her team and well versed in event planning. I received compliments from the bridal party and groomsmen on how helpful and quick on their feet the This is the Day team was. They kept us on a schedule but by no means were pushy or rushing us. I really, really appreciated the schedule, in fact, because it kept the wedding from having any "dull" parts or down time.

Liz even provided us with creative ideas for ceremony and reception details, like fans at the ceremony (because it was an August wedding) and had plenty of ideas/ recommendations for vendors/products as well.

I SO appreciate all Liz and her team did for my wedding. I would highly recommend This is the Day for event planning and would choose them over and over again. Thank you Liz and team, you all were truly wonderful to work with.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Liz was my day-of coordinator for my wedding this past July. She helped me coordinate my event from a distance (I live in Northern California while she and my wedding were in Southern California). She was a great resource for vendors and advice in the planning stages. On the day-of, she made sure my day was stress-free - a miracle!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/25/2013

It's been a year since our wedding and looking back, I've got to say, it was perfect! One of the biggest reasons I loved my wedding is because of This Is The Day Events. I was planning my wedding long distance and Liz and Daniel made it easy--they are very easy going and make sure things go off without a hitch. There was an issue with the liquor delivery and they made sure it was fixed--didn't even notice anything was wrong! They are very professional and ensure that events throughout the day go smoothly. I will definitely use them for my next wedding ;). I mean, I definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2013

Liz is AMAZING! When we first met her, I felt like I already knew her. She is kind and personable while very professional. Planning a wedding is an exciting and stressful process. There are so many elements and endless possibilities that a bride could get overwhelmed. However, Liz has so much experience and came up with solutions, back up plans, and creative ideas that helped to create the dream wedding in my head and made it a reality! There are so many details that we wouldn't have thought of until she brought it up. She works closely with her husband, who is equally wonderful.

I've attended and been part of 5 weddings before my own nuptial and I noticed that the brides who have the best experiences and actually got to enjoy their day were those who hired a wedding planner, especially for the day of. Liz also did my twin sister's wedding, which had similar guests but a completely different style, culture, and timeline.

My heel strap broke 15 minutes before my walk down the aisle and her emergency kit full of random but lifesaving supplies saved the day! My other vendor also placed chair overs over the chiavari chairs during the reception (which I never ordered) but were removed the moment I expressed it to Liz. So many things could have gone wrong if she hadn't been there and the guests were oblivious to it all. Many expressed how smooth our wedding was. Communication is key and the dynamic between her and her husband allows them to execute intricate details. I had about 9 vendors but Liz was my FAVORITE! She thanks us for choosing her to be part of our wedding. However, my husband and I are the ones who are beyond grateful that she was part of it. We not experienced an unforgettable day but we also made a wonderful friend. :)

Sent on 07/26/2014

Jennifer · Married on 12/08/2012

I got married on 12/8/12. Liz and her husband were so great. They came organized and took a lot of stress off my shoulders. I was already a very nervous and stressed out bride. She look care of problems that came up during the reception very professionally and kindly (I.e. table numbers were placed wrong, putting my parents in the back, and annoying in laws getting in the way). Liz handled everything, so that I could enjoy my moment with my guests. I even forgot the pins for the money dance, and, of course, she brought some! She was prepared to the smallest detail. After the ceremony, she stayed with my husband and I and my photographer to make sure that my hair was just right, that I was standing up straight, and to even assist the photog to get just the right shots! This was very helpful, because it allowed my bridesmaids to head over to the reception and enjoy cocktail hour.

I didn't want a wedding planner at first, but every bride has to have one. Liz was like my insurance plan to make sure that all my hard work was worth it for those precious few hours on my wedding day. I highly recommend her and her services. She is not only good at what she does, but she is such a kind person that you can't help but work well with her. She is now also wedding planner for my twin sister! Thanks, Liz!!!!!!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Linda · Married on 10/27/2012

We don't know how our wedding would've happened without Liz. Everything ran smoothly and in a timely manner and we really appreciated her attention to detail on the day of. Because of her and her excellent ability to coordinate our wedding, my husband and I were able to thoroughly enjoy the day without any worries at all. Thanks Liz and This is the Day :)

Sent on 04/22/2013

Anne · Married on 10/06/2012

I got married on 10/6/12 at the University of Michigan football stadium (aka the Big House).
    I'm from california and I knew Liz and Dae Gun were good so I hired them to do my wedding in Michigan. They agreed even though they were unfamiliar with the Michigan territory and our venue. We had to also communicate through skype & google chat.
    Liz's assistants designed and printed our invitations and programs (a separate addition I paid for). I was very picky/specific with the way I wanted them --- football ticket style invitations and foam finger looking paper programs. Everything came out SOOOO perfectly. They did it in a manner so that it was still classy, feminine and cute yet sporty.
    As for the wedding coordinating, Liz is very meticulous. Even my venue and vendors were impressed and commented that they have never seen such an organized and detailed timeline. She wants your wedding to be as perfect as possible. We met via computer where we went over the timeline and other questions she had for us. She asked questions I would have NEVER thought of. She covers everything from the day before to the end of the night so that you come and leave with everything. I am very impressed.
    The day of the wedding went so smoothly. I didn't know of any problems at all. We were so stress free. We just did everything they told us to do. Our MC had stage fright and ended up not making the flow as smooth, Dae Gun/Liz stepped up and guided him to make sure the flow of the reception went smoothly. Also, the day of, we found out we had to do the korean ceremony (pae bek). Liz and Dae Gun fit it into the schedule so smoothly. No one knew how to put on the head piece of the hanbok and the male hanbok, but Liz and Dae Gun did. They also guided us through the ceremony.
    They are amazing and obviously very experience. I don't know what I would have done without them. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/07/2012

Thank you so much "This is the Day!!"
    I had my wedding at Dodger Stadium so it was a HUGE venue with a lot of people and a lot of walking from the field to the stadium club.
    Everything ran so smoothly and on time thanks to Liz and Daniel's help!!
    As a bride, I felt calm and really just had fun.
    They really went above and beyond to make our day so special and organized! I couldn't have done it without THIS IS THE DAY!!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Steve · Married on 05/19/2012

My wife's bridesmaids paid for Liz, Daniel, and an assistant to work our wedding as a shower gift. I know the price though and I can say with certainty that it was WELL worth it and is something I would gladly pay for myself in hindsight.

We got married at Cravens Estate with 200 guests. Cravens is (or "was" since we were told ours would be the last wedding there; damn those snobby, rich, complaining neighbors!) a venue where you bring everything yourself -- food, booze, tables, chairs, musicians, servers, etc., so as you can imagine there is quite a bit of coordinating that had to be done.

Liz's team met with us several times in the six months leading up to our wedding. We had some minor snafus nailing down meeting dates/times because they were coming from out east and we live close to Santa Monica, but we made it work. Our venue added restrictions seemingly every month thanks to those pesky neighbors, and Liz and Daniel were good about brainstorming workarounds with us.

As for the big day, everything went great. They basically took care of everything that we were too busy to check on ourselves, and I'm sure they were running around monitoring details as my wife and I rested/socialized/ate/drank/took pictures. Funny story, we actually had forgotten our ceremony candles, and Daniel took off for the nearest mall about a half hour before our ceremony to get us something that would work and came back all out of breath just in time. The effort was much appreciated.

They kept things moving and on schedule but also were able to give us an extra minute or two with a table here or there. I brought a few blank checks to the wedding and used one to extend Liz's team a couple more hours. All in all, I highly recommend their services! The peace of mind alone makes it worth hiring them.

Sent on 07/10/2012

jane · Married on 05/12/2012

I got married this past May at the Fullerton Arboretum which is one of those venues where you need to rent EVERYTHING from the silverware to the chairs to the lights. We also had 300 guests and we knew that with all the coordination that our wedding required, we needed help and we needed to hire a professional. And we are SO glad that This Is The Day was available to help us for the day of our wedding!

Throughout our meetings, Liz told us that "you need someone to mirror you so that she can make decisions for you". This is what I can say was the best part about Liz and her team because she was able to learn our vision for the wedding and on the day of the wedding make sure that the vision was carried out. What I realized was that as a bride you spend months planning and planning, but on the actual wedding day, you cannot carry it out yourself. You have to pass on your plans/ideas to someone else, and someone that you trust will know your vision. During our meetings Liz asked all the right questions and after understanding my style, she was able to carry out the vision, but was also able to give me great ideas for decor which was a huge plus!

Liz is so experienced and responsible that we owe it to This Is The Day for making our wedding as smooth as possible. Problems will inevitably arise whether they are small or big, but you have peace of mind during the wedding day, knowing that you have someone who is there to take care of things and make decisions on your behalf.

We would DEFINITELY recommend TITD to all those who are considering hiring a coordinator. We couldn't have done all that we did without them.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Deborah · Married on 04/28/2012

I am the Mother of the Bride and just knowing Liz and her husband, Daniel were there handling all the behind the scenes events, allowed me to enjoy my daughters wedding fully. They moved all the gifts to my car and when the pator's mic wasn't working well, got a microphone for the pastor without skipping a beat, brought us a tray of appetizers while we waited to take photos, had copies of the day's events distributed before the wedding day to all the vendors, then checked with them to be sure they had the most updated copy. They kept us all on time and did all this without hardly even seeing them! They were so professional and seemed to take care of every detail. We're so thankful they were there!!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Keziah · Married on 01/07/2012

This is the Day is simply outstanding. My husband and I cannot express enough how much we appreciated this team! They were organized, professional, very detail-oriented and not to mention, so much fun! Despite the large size of our wedding and the incredible amount of things to take care of, they were never frazzled, always composed and on top of things which made it easy for me, as the bride, to just enjoy that special day. They were very sensitive to our needs and met us where we were at. They were always helpful when we had questions and even made sure to cover grounds that we had not even thought of! Even several of our guests commented to us after our wedding how awesome our coordinator was! Our special day was truly memorable and turned out way better than I expected - mainly due to this team's outstanding work!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Karyn · Married on 09/10/2011

Elizabeth and her team at This is the Day did a fantastic job. Our wedding day was perfectly amazing, in large part due to her expertise and organization.

Everyone's been to a wedding that doesn't flow quite right or has too much lag time. Thank goodness that we were fortunate enough to secure This is the Day because our big day ran extremely smoothly and was pretty much stress-free. Our wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Pacific Palms Hotel and Resort in City of Industry...and we had a pretty big party of 350 guests. Our wedding incorporated a lot of various details, which would have been challenging to manage on our own without the assistance of a day-of coordinator. We met with Elizabeth a couple of weeks before our wedding date to discuss the day's activities, responsibilities, vendors and we created a timeline for the entire day from start to finish. It's truly a daunting task to accomplish this all on your own or with the help of friends and family on the big day as everyone is either part of the wedding or would like to share in the big moments. Having a reliable and organized coordinator such as This is the Day will ensure that you and your loved ones can fully enjoy the special moments throughout your big day and keep you all worry free.

One such example...we took our pictures prior to the ceremony, and as we were walking I noticed that our flower girl's dress had torn in the back. I freaked out for a hot second, and Elizabeth came to the rescue! I turned around five minutes later and it was back to normal and seemingly appeared to be in mint condition! You couldn't even tell that her dress had ripped! Needless to say, Elizabeth is always prepared for anything!

If you want a friendly, organized, responsible, dependable and experienced team to help you get through your big day...you'll definitely be satisfied and in good hands with This is the Day.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Coby · Married on 05/14/2011

I am a professional event host and "This is the Day" is an awesome team to work with! Elizabeth, the wedding coordinator, is as involved as you want her to be, but is not at all pushy…she finds the perfect balance! Planning a wedding is not an easy task, but "This is the Day" team makes it easy for you. Their attention to detail, creativity, ability to work with vendors, problem solve, organize and keep the bride as well as the mother of the bride calm during the wedding day was quite a challenge but they have done it with ease. The best thing about "This is the Day" is that they truly cared about your wedding and your happiness.

Sent on 09/01/2011

Joan · Married on 02/26/2011

This is the Day is the way to go!!! My wedding was Perfect because of her!

I got married at the Richard Nixon Library and had about 300 guest (adult and children).

Elizabeth is an amazing event coordinator. Without Elizabeth, my wedding wouldn't have went as smooth as it did. I honestly have to say that my wedding was PERFECT in every way because of her. I was a stress-free bride on the day of! On the day of, she solved every problem that came her way without my knowledge to ensure that the wedding went exactly how I pictured.

Elizabeth is affordable and worked well with my budget. She is definitely worth every penny! She has packages that will meet your needs. She has so much knowledge under her belt. She is highly accessible and very organized. Elizabeth is a great listener and will make sure to give her input as well to make your wedding perfect. She is very creative as well! We met and talked in person and even over the phone several times to go over the wedding day and any other questions I had about the wedding. She makes a great timeline for the day of.

In addition, although I hired her to coordinate my wedding for the day of, she definitely helped me throughout my wedding planning. I did not have a wedding planner. I basically did a lot myself, but I did go to her for a lot of advise and consulting. She has been in the business for over 10 years. She knows and worked with a lot of wedding businesses, so she referred me to a lot of really great companies.

Overall, she worked at many venues, with a lot of other businesses and she has worked with events as small as 25 to parities that has over 1000 guest.

I highly recommend her! She even coordinates other events aside from weddings as well!

Sent on 10/01/2011
  • U

eunice · Married on 01/19/2008

My sister had recommended Liz to me for my wedding because Liz had coordinated her friend's wedding and did an awesome job. I'm glad we chose her as our coordinator because she was fantastic. On the day of the wedding, I'm sure problems arose, but I never had to deal with the problems because she dealt with them quickly and smoothly so I never noticed. The vendor she recommended for my hair and makeup was an excellent choice and I have referred many friends to them as well. She even stayed overnight at a hotel near our wedding venue so that she could start working early on our wedding day to make sure to receive the vendor's supplies and decorate the ceremony/reception area. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a friendly, professional coordinator whom you can rely on to plan your wedding day smoothly.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Jane · Married on 07/26/2003

With Liz being the day of coordinator, I had no worries all day. She was very helpful and made sure everything (wedding ceremony and reception) went smoothly. She was calm and very professional yet very personable to work with.

Sent on 09/07/2011