The Yum Yum Shop Reviews

36 | Pasadena, MD

36 Reviews for The Yum Yum Shop

Laura · Married on 07/28/2012

Kathy was awesome to work with. She was very nice, flexible, and on time. The cake was delicious and gorgeous! She satisfied all of my requests.

Sent on 08/25/2012

shonte · Married on 09/11/2010

Kathy and her staff were amazing to work with. I did not have a picture of what I wanted just an idea. Kathy and her staff made my idea into a reality and it looked amazing. Arrived on time and tasted just as good as the one we tasted during the tasting. Also, they provided us with a small round cake for our 1 year anniversary!!!! Not the usual wrapping of a piece from the original cake.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Tom · Married on 07/04/2009

The cake we got from Kathy was not only one of the yummiest that our guest had ever tasted, the raves were abound with the design. It was even better than we could have imagined. When my daughter came up with the idea of a tree stump with her and her fiance's initial carved inside a heart, I was a bit skeptic, but it was absolutely beautiful! Much talent hidden here. I have to add, the cost of a custom banana cake such as this, was EXTREMELY reasonable!

Sent on 07/28/2009

Christina · Married on 05/23/2009

The cake was delicious. All my guests told me how much they loved the cake. In fact there is a picture of me, right after the groom and I fed each other the cake, where I am giving a thumbs up. The cake was decorated so well it looked like fondant, but it was still tasty and affordable because it was butter cream.

susan · Married on 05/23/2009

EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!! Kathy and her staff were wonderful to work with! Kathy helped me design my cake! She was patient with my many changes and her creativity was amazing. We shopped around and the Yum Yum Shop's cakes are the best tasting cakes we sampled. Not only was our cake DELICIOUS but it was breathtaking! With all that said, the cost was very affordable! Would highly recommend!

nati · Married on 05/02/2009

Now I know where they get their unique name. The cake was not only clever and creative, but it tasted terrific! They make one delicious German Chocolate cake - Crab Basket Cake! I must say the cake inside was such a pleasant surprise with the blue crabs, news print, spices and mallets. So cute. A big HIT! I will definitely be using the Yum Yum Shop again. Top notch!

Sent on 06/24/2009

Katherine · Married on 06/14/2008

I usually don't take the time to fill out feedback forms, but the Yum Yum Shop did such an outstanding job on my wedding cake that I felt the need to do so. My cake was breathtaking and the Mint Chocolate flavoring was out of this world! At the tasting, I mentioned that my grandmother could not have cake due to the eggs. Kathy SURPRISED me with a small eggless cake for my grandmother to have at the wedding. I was so touched. Her shop definitely exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 07/14/2008

Gea · Married on 11/10/2007

Cake was gorgeous and delicious. Wonderful service. We did our tasting in the middle of a snow storm and she was very patient and accomodating. Kathy (the owner and baker) gave us a military discount and also made custom cookies for us. Her prices are GREAT, cannot be beat for the quality. She's also very nice!

Sent on 12/14/2007

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2007

Kathy at the Yum Yum shop was great! She was very friendly and our cake was beautiful.

Sent on 10/30/2007

Lolita · Married on 09/29/2006

All we have to say is Mmmmm... Your staff did an AMAZING replica of the design we provided. We still get comments about our wedding cake. I must say that it was even better ONE YEAR LATER during our anniversary. Thank you!

Sent on 12/14/2007

Mary · Married on 08/19/2006

Sent on 02/01/2007
  • deMauri

deMauri · Married on 05/01/2010

We first discovered The Yum Yum Shop at the Baltimore Bridal Show and we were very impressed. Their cakes were beautiful and the amaretto pound cake was the best thing I ate all day. My wife and I visited and sampled several of the other large bakeries in Baltimore, but The Yum Yum Shop stood head and shoulders above the rest. Kathy was very friendly and easy to work with. We ended up choosing different flavors than we intended (chocolate cake with strawberry mouse) because they were so delicious. Our guests *raved* about the cake after the wedding. We received dozens of complements. Kathy Whay may not have the largest shop, but she does make the best tasting cakes in Maryland!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Heather · Married on 06/13/2009

I loved my cake, it's actually on the website (a little different version). And it tasted great too.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Katie · Married on 05/30/2009

We looked around for months for the perfect wedding cake and we found it at the Yum Yum Shop. The cake exceeded my expectation and our guests were all raving about how delicious it tasted!

Gina · Married on 02/28/2009

Kathy -- I know I sent you a thank you card - but I want everyone to know how AWESOME you are. THANKS so much for creating the wedding cake of our dreams! It was so delicious and all of our guest loved it and are still talking about it months later! I don't think we will be able to wait an entire year to eat the top layer -- it was that good. We will most likely take you up on your offer to get an additional anniversary cake : ) The submarine cookies were a huge hit as well! Everything was wonderful Thank you again for helping our day that much more special. You were an absolute doll to work with!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Erica · Married on 07/10/2010

Kathy was great to work with during our tasting and discussion of design and pricing of the cake! Her prices are affordable compared to the rest of the competition and the cake is DELICIOUS! The lemon mousse plus raspberry jam is a keeper! (Try it out during tasting). As some reviews have stated, getting in contact was a little difficult at one time, but never in period where we were panicking. Just make sure you contact her ahead of time! Otherwise, beautiful cake, delicious cake, and unbeatable price = great deal!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Hilary · Married on 06/19/2010

I was so happy I found this shop! Kathy was great to work with and the cake was not only beautiful but also very tasty! I sent her an inspiration picture and she came very close to what I wanted. I got several different flavors: spiced cake, chocolate-vanilla-strawberry, and red velvet. Everyone loved the flavor they got!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Andrea · Married on 06/21/2008

My experience with the Yum Yum Shop was very pleasant. My cake was exactly what I wanted. My guests were all commenting on the moistness and creativity of the design. Several of my girlfriends plan to use Kathy now. I did some shopping around and found the Yum Yum Shop to be the most cost effective, but also the most flexible and personable.

Sent on 07/14/2008

Nikel · Married on 06/09/2007

I had a clear idea of what I wanted my wedding cake to look like and, most importantly, how I wanted it to taste. I did my first cake tasting with a different vendor and was very disappointed. Then I went to the Yum Yum shop and was thrilled by the flavor and texture of the cakes (as were my then fiance and my parents). I must say that we were initially uncertain of this vendor because of the location (the place where the cakes are made is behind the vendor's personal residence); however, just a taste of the Yum Yum shop's cake and I was sold. On the day of my tasting I saw a cake that I wanted. I was pleasantly surprised to see an exact replica of that cake (in colors that exactly matched mine) at my reception. How often can you get exactly what you asked for? I even stood off to the side to eat more cake during the reception and it froze well so my husband and I were able to eat the top tier on our 1st anniversary. I didn't have too much trouble contacting this vendor. When my guest count went down, Kathy was able to adjust my cake order accordingly.

Sent on 01/15/2009

Maria · Married on 06/19/2010

3.5

My cake was delicious!! It wasn't quite what I was expecting on the presentation end based upon the photo I had provided, but it was very good on the inside (which I guess is what counts). Other than that, the experience with the Yum Yum shop was great. The portions are very generous and the cake itself was very good.

Sent on 06/28/2010
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/28/2009

The yum yum shop did a great job on our cake! I thought it tasted great! We did have a few guests that did not really like it. I believe because of the fondant icing that I selected. When I did the cake tasting I did not get the taste what fondant tastes like. Like I said, my husband and I thought it tasted great... others had some mixed feelings. Overall majority of my guests liked it. It looked realy beautiful and was exactly what I ordered.

Sent on 07/14/2009

cindy · Married on 09/13/2008

We went to several different cake shops and were disheartened with the cake quality, design, and service for the price.

Then we found the Yum Yum Shop! It is owned and run by an older (not THAT old) lady and her daughter who basically built herself a full-out bakery in her back yard, it may seem odd at first, but once you step inside you won't even think about it. She has been able to pull off that rare and wonderful ability to be both professionable and personable. She had a wide variety of flavors and designs that we were very impressed with. Even at the tasting, we were more than impressed with the quality of her cakes - way better than any of the others we tried!
    On the day of, I have to say it was by far the best wedding cake I ever had! We are still digging in to the leftovers almost a week later and it remains moist and fluffy and generally delicious! We could not have been happier!

Sent on 09/18/2008
  • Amy Loren

Amy · Married on 12/29/2007

3.5

My cake was goreous. I explain what I wanted and picked two flavors then left it up to her and the look was amazing. she even did the grooms cake which was fabulous redskins cake which my husband loved. She was easy to work with and it was one of the best tasting and beautiful cakes I had seen in a long time.

Sent on 01/15/2008

Mary · Married on 10/23/2010

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. The cake was so moist and the buttercream icing was good but not overly sweet which is exactly what we wanted. We received many compliments including it was the best wedding cake they ever had. I never had a more moist cake than this. Thank you so much Kathy!!!!!!!!!! Your cakes are the best.

Sent on 10/27/2010
  • salex19

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2008

I really enjoyed working with Kathy. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable at our tasting. We had a lot of fun trying her cakes and chatting about ideas. She was very patient with us as we decided between square and round and the different flavors.

The first time I saw the cake at the reception I squeeled and yelled at my husband to look at it. It was perfect! I had made last minute decorating decisions and Kathy took care of everything.

Everyone raved about it at the reception and we are still enjoying whats in the fridge. The cake was so moist and the icing is the best I've ever had.

What some people have said about them being hard to get in touch with is only partially true. There were a few times that I didn't hear back right away, but never for more than a few days.

Yum Yum is the best value you'll find, and they are always running specials, so be sure to ask or check the website.

Sent on 10/23/2008