The Wren's Nest Reviews

23 Reviews for The Wren's Nest

The Wren's Nest 1
The Wren's Nest 2

Megan · Married on 11/11/2016

Sam and Lauren at The Wrens Nest were amazing and the venue itself is perfect. They were both super easy to work with and when there were small problems they were easily resolved by them. The venue is just immaculate and it was everything I hoped it would be for our wedding. Thank you guys so much for everything!! We feel so blessed to have been able to begin our lives together at this amazing venue. :)

Sent on 11/14/2016

Chelsea · Married on 11/07/2015

The Wren's Nest was such a great venue for our special day. We wanted a rustic wedding with an outdoorsy feel. The day we toured the venue, we immediately knew it was the perfect place and booked it on the spot. The entire property is just breath taking. The gorgeous barn was an added bonus. We originally planned to have our ceremony outside in the grassy area tucked in the woods and our reception in the beautiful barn. Due to the chill and wind that day we had to have both ceremony and reception in the barn. It was the best decision and turned out amazing! Sam went above and beyond to help arrange the new changes and made sure our day was special. He was very helpful and kind. We still have guests tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and that the venue was just beautiful. We thank you Sam and The Wren's Nest for making our day even more special!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2015

The Wren's Nest was the perfect location for our destination rustic barn wedding! Being from Florida, we knew we wanted a down-home southern atmosphere and we happened to stumble upon this gem in the woods online. We visited the venue and met Sam and before even leaving placed our deposit on this site! Sam was always incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls and worked with us and our planner to ensure everything would be perfect for our destination wedding. The day of the wedding, Sam opened up his home to the girls to finish getting ready and even allowed us to store items overnight for pick up the next day. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you Sam and your crew for making our day one to remember!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2015

The Wren's Nest is absolutely beautiful. The barn is charming, rustic, and elegant and the outdoor area is peaceful and gorgeous. Sam is the most wonderful man and quite possibly the most handy person I've ever met--I truly believe Sam could build anything. He and his family and staff are genuinely warm people who want you to have your wedding the way you want, not some cookie cutter wedding--he likes to say "no two weddings are alike". When it threatened rain on our day, Sam was flexible and waited as long as needed while I debated indoor/outdoor setup. You really could not pick a more perfect place or more wonderful people to work with. My husband and I love Sam and The Wren's Nest, and could not be more thrilled that we had our wedding there!
    The Docktors, 8-29-15

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kimberly · Married on 12/27/2014

If you are looking for a beautiful barn and country landscape for your wedding,you must visit this venue!

Sent on 02/28/2015

I cannot say enough how perfect our day was at The Wren's Nest. Sam Wright is absolutely amazing and was such a big help! He is very hands on the day of which is SUPER helpful. I didn't realize how much help we needed until the morning of and he was there every step of the way. Sam is always quick to respond and professional. I could not have pictured a more perfect day at The Wren's Nest. It is so naturally beautiful that it doesn't take much to decorate! I would highly recommend anyone to get married at The Wren's Nest with the help of Sam Wright and his staff. They are A+ in my book!

Sent on 12/04/2014

The Wren's Nest was exactly what I had been looking for when I was searching for a venue. I wanted a barn wedding where I could have the ceremony and reception inside. I had many compliments on the wedding venue and how beautiful it was and the areas outside provided gorgeous backdrops for photos.

Sam, the owner, was great to work with, but he has many brides. We had to remind him exactly what was in the contract when we talked to him. Although we had planners at the wedding, Sam was the one who worked out some of the kinks and really made sure the day went smoothly.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 03/30/2014

Amazing venue!! The bride is an equestrian and this barn venue was the perfect location for her wedding. The Wren's Nest is gorgeous and has both outside ceremony sight as well as inside facilities for a wedding. Our ceremony was upstairs in the barn with the reception downstairs. Lovely little bridal room and a separate "man cave" for the guys. The owner is wonderful to work with and went above and beyond to make our day very extra special. He purchased a table at the caterers request for cake plates, put castors on the bottom of a whiskey barrel that we used as the cake stand to make it mobile, and rented a gorgeous chandelier of our daughter's choosing to hang upstairs. He and his staff were very professional on wedding day and worked hard to see that every detail was taken care of to give us a wonderful and lovely wedding. Could not have been a better place for our wedding!

Sent on 04/21/2014

The Wren Nest made our wedding absolutley perfect, I couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere else! Sam was great and the venue is gorgeous. Sam does anything you need or he helps you find a way to get it done.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 12/07/2013

The Wren's Nest is an absolutely beautiful venue. The owner Sam was great to work with. He was very prompt to respond to my constant questions before the wedding and was very patient with me. The day of the wedding he wanted to make sure that we had a wonderful wedding and went above and beyond to ensure that our guests were comfortable with the unplanned cold and wet weather. We could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding at the Wren's Nest.

Sent on 02/14/2014

Jana · Married on 11/16/2013

We chose the Wren'sNest for our daughter's November wedding. The staff and owners' could not have been accommodating! They were a joy to work with. The venue transformed into the elegant but organic venue my daughter dreamed of. The cathedral ceiling in the upper level proved to be a beautiful and dramatic setting. I can not imagine a more perfect setting. Our guests were so complimentary. Best of all, my daughter and her groom were delighted!!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Jordan · Married on 10/12/2013

We chose The Wren's Nest for our October wedding and could not be happier with the outcome. From the moment I stepped foot in the rustic barn I knew I would not be happy with a wedding anywhere else. This venue exceeded our expectations in every way. From the owner, Sam, and his willingness to go above and beyond to help with the little details to the ceremony site that is hidden in the trees and is perfect for an intimate ceremony (they even have a huge old wooden door frame that is gorgeous). The venue is set up so that you can spend the entire day there getting ready in the bride's room or in the groom's cabin. My husband loved being able to spend the day with his groomsmen in the groom's cabin watching football. I would recommend The Wren's Nest to anyone with out any hesitation.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Leita · Married on 09/28/2013

We chose The Wrens' Nest for both the natural beauty of the venue as well as the convenience and joy of working with Sam. First - the venue. The barn is only the beginning of this property. It is so naturally pretty that we hardly brought in decorations. It has a matching bar area and handmade tables to add a rustic feeling. The lights strung throughout the barn upstairs and down as well as the chandelier and bridal room make it a celebration. We were able to use the fire pit and the s'mores were a huge hit. Secondly - working with Sam has been such a blessing. He kept in touch and was quick to respond to all my questions and requests. His attention and service allowed us to focus on our family and friends (and ourselves!) He took a lot of the pressure off and was able to handle several last minute needs. His contacts with the other vendors made it such a great transition as well. I can't recommend The Wrens' Nest enough. Our family and friends raved at how perfect it was for our reception!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Carlos · Married on 06/08/2013

The Wren's nest was the most beautiful venue! They made our wedding day even more perfect. I'd give it a 10 out of 5 if it was possible.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Susan · Married on 05/18/2013

We had my daughter's wedding at The Wren's Nest! It was everything her heart desired! Sam worked as hard as the mother of the bride to make her day special, even prayed with me that God would hold off the rain. He did!!
    Afterwards, my daughter stated that looking back over her Pinterest board of her "dream wedding", she realized she had exactly that! Thank you Wren's Nest and Sam for making it enchanted!
    Brides, you must consider The Wren's Nest! You will not be disappointed. The outdoor ceremony area, the two-story barn, log cabin, fire pits & lighted path through the woods all make for a fabulous event.

Sent on 06/08/2013

Amy · Married on 05/10/2013

My decision to use The Wren's Nest as my wedding and reception venue was by far the best decision I made for my wedding. Yes, the rustic charm of 100-year-old barn, the incredible surrounding view, and the stunning, rich grounds and forest were all perfect and amazingly beautiful; that's why I chose it to begin with. What I got was so much more. Sam (the owner) worked so hard and with such enthusiasm to make my wedding easy and yet stunning. No matter how busy he was, he always took the time (as much time as I needed) to patiently listen to my and my mother's ideas and brainstorm with us on how to make them happen. The day of the wedding, when we realized we needed a small table for the cake rather than our original plan, Sam went and got a beautiful rustic table from his living room for us to use. Seriously, he went so far above and beyond simply allowing us onto the property, but he was never in the way either. I will recommend this venue to anyone I can.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Lisa · Married on 03/15/2013

We actually had a Sweet 16 party for our daughter a the Wrens Nest. The party was an absolute success!! The venue was pefect! It has a large upstairs that we used for the food and the dance floor. Brides would find this a beautiful ceremony space. The downstairs was the perfect place for a photo booth, guest register quilt, and a place for the chaperones to "hang out". The decor is beautiful - exactly as they advertise-the perfect combination of rustic and elegant. The owners, Sam and Amy Wright, were attentive to our every need and wish. They provided connections to the perfect dee jay (Matt Hughes) and a wonderful photographer (Gambill Photography). It was truly the night of a lifetime! Our daughter was thrilled!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Julie · Married on 12/12/2012

The Wren's Nest was absolutely perfect!!! My vision of a rustic, sweet, romantic wedding was truly fulfilled. The barns, cabins, woods -- all absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't be happier!! Sam was beyond accommodating. He went above-and-beyond to make our wedding memorable. I couldn't think of a more perfect place for a wedding. I would wholeheartedly recommend The Wren's Nest to anyone looking for a charming wedding venue that will make your heart smile. :)

Sent on 12/13/2012

Cristina · Married on 10/08/2017

The Wren's Nest provided the perfect setting for our rustic wedding last week. Sam and his staff were really accommodating and flexible because it rained and we had to switch our whole seating layout. But, the barn was just such a lovely space and easily accommodated our large party for the ceremony, dinner, and reception. The bridal suite was also lovely and made for some great "getting ready" photos. The groomsmen also had a ton of fun in the man cave.

Sent on 10/15/2017
    The Wren's Nest 3
    The Wren's Nest 4

We got married at The Wren's Nest last October and it was absolutely perfect! We liked Sam, the owner, from the moment we met him. He is very laid back and down to earth, just an all around good guy! Sam was great to work with throughout the planning process. But what we were really impressed with was his flexibility on our wedding day. It turned out to be a cold and wet day. We had planned on a beautiful outdoor wedding, complete with strings of hundreds of paper cranes hanging from the trees. The morning of we had to change plans and have the ceremony upstairs in the barn. Sam and his employees and our wedding planners were absolute rock stars! They transformed the upstairs into the most beautiful space and even managed to get all of cranes hung! Many of our guests had no idea that this was the rain plan, they thought it was meant to be that way! I am very sensitive to the cold and was really worried about being too cold or having our guests be cold. This was not the case at all! Without any hesitations Sam turned on the overhead heaters that run the length of the barn and cranked the heat up until I felt comfortable. Our guests all commented on how warm and cozy the barn felt. Not an easy feat for an old building with no insulation! The only negative thing we have to say is Sam is not always the fastest to respond to emails, it sometimes takes him a couple days. Which isn't that crazy, but when you are a stressed out bride with a million questions a few days can feel like a very long time. But, that's where our wedding planners came in, they were great at coordinating with him so we never really had to worry about it. And frankly with how otherwise amazing the wedding turned out this was not a big deal at all. We highly, highly recommend this venue!!! Book it now!

Sent on 04/03/2016

Darby · Married on 05/20/2017

I was planning a wedding in Tennessee while living in Texas so I needed to find the perfect venue to be able to work with virtually. As soon as we pulled up on the property my now Husband and I knew this was the place we would get married. The venue is so beautiful that only small personal touches are really needed. It also comes with a lot of props, table and chairs so it was perfect not needing to rent much else for the venue. There were a few hiccups the week of the wedding but Sam made sure everything ended up done right and on time. He was fantastic the day of and anything we asked he did, so much as to install a shelf with hooks to hang our dresses in the new bridal suite. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Ciera · Married on 08/23/2014

I went back and forth on what kind of rating to give this venue. Our wedding day was AMAZING. Sam helped our planners move the ceremony and all our guests indoors when it started raining right before our ceremony was supposed to begin. And after the ceremony, he had a candlelit dinner set up for me and my husband before heading over to the reception. He brought in snacks for my bridal party and had flowers with a sweet card waiting in the bridal room when we got there. He had a big hand in making the day absolutely perfect. BUT, leading up to our wedding day was crazy. We booked The Wren's Nest over a year before our wedding and at that point he had only held a few weddings there. He didn't have the "packages" he has now with set prices. We were told "you're getting a great deal because the price is going to keep going up!" And we really did get a deal. But we thought we were paying for the venue and everything there because there weren't any packages. He was great about answering calls and emails right away in the beginning, but as we got closer to our wedding date I was waiting days and sometimes a week to hear back. Our planners kept asking for a contract and he never sent one...ever. We literally never signed anything. When we asked about seating and tables, we were told we needed to pay extra for those because of set up. Basically, we didn't understand how we could pay $4,500 and only get a venue with nothing else. We felt like since he never sent us a contract, we were being treated as a customer who paid for the smallest package he currently has available. Even though there weren't any packages when we booked the venue.
    But at the end of the day, he included things for free and it was an amazing day. We just didn't appreciate the added stress during the planning process. And our planners really didn't like the fact that he never sent over a contract.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Tina · Married on 06/06/2015

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

The owner had a personal issue and took several days to get back to me, up until the day of the wedding. Certain items discussed did not go through. He hovered over the entire reception and had the DJ announce last call at 9:30, and shut the music off at 10 due to having a wedding the following day (that day it was discussed to allow dancing until 10:45 while family cleaned the venue). I hired the DJ and bartender until 11:00, and had to contact our driver to come a half an hour earlier because the owner said he is locking the gates exactly at 11:00. I should of been able to dance past ten at my wedding.
    We had to switch our wedding date, and Sam was very flexible and helpful with this. When we switched our date he had 8 months to fulfill the previous date. Unfortunately for him it did not happen. The day of my wedding he told me and my mother that he lost 5 thousand because of our wedding, multiple times. He also continued to state that he gave us 1 thousand dollars worth the furniture to use at no cost. But he will tell you prior that the farm tables and pews have a charge due to the labor of moving and putting together the furniture and the rest of the props were a bonus at no charge (stated in contract). The day before the wedding we requested the tables to be brought upstairs. They were not. We brought up the tables, all chairs and assembled the farm tables-therefore doing the labor. My Mom paid him for the pews. He made sure to ask that of us while we were trying to get out before 11. Those cost an additional $500 on top of the already $4,000 for the site. So, I'm confused on how we got a free grand of furniture to use.
    On a positive, the site is absolutely beautiful. My ceremony was everything I wanted. However, I will always remember the reception being ruined by the owner. Very unprofessional.

Sent on 06/09/2015

The Wren's Nest's reply:

Thanks for the review. I’m thankful you had a beautiful wedding day. I feel badly your expectations were not met. We have offered strong service to thousands of guests, and are constantly working to improve everyone’s experience- especially that of the bride and groom. At every event, I’ve directed the staff and vendors of The Wren’s Nest to provide a level of detail and service beyond what is paid for and contracted. This event was no exception. We offer up to 15 hours of access on the wedding day, which is a longer set of hours than the majority of venues in the area. And in your case, we provided the property for two extra days for set up. However, we do have to have a time when the property is turned back to us if we are to properly staff and prepare for the next day’s wedding. Those hours are always stipulated in our signed agreements. Regardless, we don’t threaten to, or lock our guests out, and our gate is not even equipped with a lock. During the contracted hours our customers are free to use the property as they choose, within county permit noise requirements, fire codes regulations and alcohol liability on behalf of the family, among other things. We do our best to delicately balance the safety of the guests, the impact on the community, and the happiness of the bride and groom, closely working with vendors to meet those requirements. I believe our reviews overwhelmingly reflect our success at that, and our passion for the families we serve. For guests wanting a fully carefree event, we do offer an Inclusive Services Package that about 50% of our couples select. That option removes the strain and stress of staffing, setting up, styling, contracting with vendors, tearing down, cleaning, and other stressors that can strain what should be a relaxed, wonderful day. In hindsight I wish I would have encouraged you more strongly to choose that option. Regardless, your event was beautiful, and I hope you have a beautiful life together.