The Woodwinds Reviews

163 | Branford, CT

163 Reviews for The Woodwinds

Michaela · Married on 08/10/2013

The Woodwinds was a great place to have our wedding. They have a variety of outdoor ceremony spots to choose from. The grounds and building are beautiful. The food was out of this world good and there is no way you will find a better service around. We had a two personal assistants for our day who kept us on time, fed, and even provided asprin for a headache. They are extremely professional.

But the best feature is their price. I visited at least 25 locations all around Connecticut and we bought a package for $88/person at the Woodwinds. That package far surpassed packages that I saw at any location that had even remotely similar aesthetics. They threw in free centerpieces, free alcohol, extra hors d' oeuvres, and let me and my dad drive up in Scott's (the maitre d') vintage car.

Definitely an amazing option for your wedding.

Sent on 12/12/2013

We had the best time at our wedding, largely due to the fact that Woodwinds staff are amazing. Scott and Antonella were so helpful and genuine. Scott was everywhere we needed him and guided every moment. It was clear to me very early in the day that we would have nothing to worry about and I was right! Scott made sure we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. The venue is beautiful and all the details that I provided were taken care of perfectly. The food was amazing and there was so much of it! The Venetian hour was beautiful and all our guests let us know they had an amazing time with amazing food. My husband and I had an amazing wedding and we would do it all over again at Woodwinds!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Woodwinds is THE place to have your wedding on the shoreline! The service and food is amazing. My guests are still talking about the food! The grounds are so beautiful that you don't need to go anywhere for pictures so you get to enjoy your whole wedding! Scott did a fantastic job! He made sure everything was going smoothly. I didn't need to worry about anything. I would choose woodwinds again no questions asked! You won't regret it if you are looking for the true fairy tale experience!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Heather · Married on 06/22/2013

Me and my husband had a perfect wedding thanks to the Woodwinds! The grounds are beautiful, the staff are amazing, always helpful and making us feel at ease from beginning to end. They really know what they are doing there and I really could not have been more pleased. I would choose Woodwinds all over again and I hope to plan another event there in the future just because I enjoyed them so much. From the food, the people, the planning of your event and the facility itself, you can't go wrong with Woodwinds!

Sent on 07/19/2013

We can't say enough good things about our wedding. Everybody was just so easy to work with and caring. Scott & Antonella were just incredible and very very sincere and genuine.
    They coordinated everything with all my vendors especially my photographer Ross "wedding elites" making sure I got every little thing and detail that I wanted...!
    Everybody from the start to finish was so sincere and dedicated. Everybody loved the food and desserts.. and service. Really friendly people... The place is beautiful Good Vibe..!!!!
    My wedding was beautiful because of these people.!!!
    I did a lot of research and am so glad to have chosen them.

Sent on 12/30/2014

I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding. Scott made sure everything went smoothly. He made sure everyone was in place for the ceremony, reception entrance, and worked with our DJ to coordinate all of the dances and cake cutting. When he tells you the only thing you have to do is show up, he really means it!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Anthony · Married on 06/13/2013

Nothing but the best at Woodwinds.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Upset · Married on 06/01/2013

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Woodwinds is! Our wedding was June 1, 2013 and people are still raving about the food, drinks and service. Our guests all felt like they were part of the wedding, thanks to the Woodwinds staff. I've gone to many weddings where the focus is just on the bridal party and the couple themselves. We wanted a place where everyone felt just as equally special. Our wedding was a day of celebration for our family and friends so I knew Woodwinds would be the only place that would cater to our needs. We had the 5 course meal (lobster, filet mignon, chicken & vegetarian) and also the venetian table and a Portuguese appetizer buffet at 10:30/11 p.m. Our reception also ended a little after 1:00 a.m. Scott is AMAZING!!! He was right on top of everything! I can't express how great it was to work with him.

Our guests from out of the state and out of the country keep telling us that this was the best wedding they have ever been to and the best food they have ever been served. They also keep complementing on how the staff at Woodwinds took care of them all night. I would highly recommend Woodwinds to any bride & groom.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Everything here was amazing from start to finish. The venue is beautiful. The team is professional, organized, accommodating, and everything went off without a hitch, and if there was a hitch, I didn't know about it. All the guests said the food was amazing, although I didn't get to eat much due to the excitement and craziness of the wedding.
    We are very happy and would chose this venue again if we had the chance. We looked at about 20 venues in CT and even MA, and from the second we stepped on the property to check it out it just felt so right. The website could use an update to be more user friendly, which is the main reason it took us about 20 venues to go see this one, but check it out.
    It is a "banquet" facility, but doesn't feel like it and there was another wedding the same time as ours, but wouldn't have known (I only knew because I saw another girl in a wedding dress).

Sent on 06/09/2013

Elexis · Married on 05/18/2013

If you’re looking at this review obviously you’re considering booking the WoodWinds for an event. There is so much detail in my review with the WoodWinds I have narrowed it down to one saying we can all relate to:
    “Something or someone may look beautiful on the outside but it’s the inside details that make a difference”
    The staff and Suppa family at WoodWinds gave me my DREAM wedding! I felt like I was on an episode of My Fair Wedding with David Tierra. Look no further, hands down WoodWinds is treasured gem!! I can’t thank them enough.

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/17/2013

Made the most important day of my life, the BEST day of my life!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Gina · Married on 03/23/2013

Out of this world. Scott was so wonderful and made sure that they went better than I have ever dreamed of. My guests are still talking about the food. I would recommend this place without a doubt.

Sent on 04/01/2013

We had a spectacular time! No worries at all, they took care of everything.

Sent on 04/02/2013

Amy · Married on 12/08/2012

Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I could not have asked for a better venue to plan a wedding. I was working full time and going to school full time and planning my wedding was the easiest of all three. They are quick to answer any questions and make the entire experience easy and amazing!

Sent on 12/13/2012

Patti · Married on 11/24/2012

We planned our Connecticut wedding while living in California. The staff at Woodwinds was very helpful in making all of our visions a reality. Each phone call and email was answered in an effective & informative manner. Woodwinds has been updated since being taken over Cafe Allegre of Madison; the updates are breathtaking, providing a beautiful backdrop for pictures. The food was delicious, we were able to provide our quests with 4 dinner options and we are still get phone calls regarding the food we served during cocktail hour; I would highly recommend the french soup cups!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2012

The Woodwinds was amazing. They made sure that the day was incredibly special for my husband and I. The food was delicious, the decor ans site were beautiful and the staff was great. JoAnna helped with every question and Scott was incredible. He bustled my dress, made sure we could eat, carried around my lipstick, catered to our needs before and during, packed everything up for us and so much more. A great place to have a wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Adrienne · Married on 10/13/2012

I absolutely cannot say enough about Scott and the entire staff at Woodwinds! It was overwhelming trying to select a vender for our reception but as soon as we sat down with one of the coordinators at woodwinds the first time we knew immediately we'd book them. Not only are the grounds gorgeous, but the service they provide is out of this world! They were so friendly and willing to work with us on budget. They weren't stiff about their packages and let us add on and remove certain things to keep within our budget. At one point during my planning process I panicked about the price we were paying and called to see what could be done, and they accommodated us again to make it even more affordable for us! Scott our coordinator went above and beyond our expectations! He was one step ahead of us all night long, and made sure we were taken care of and made us sit to eat our dinner! Otherwise we wouldn't have. The food is like none other ive had at a wedding, and even better than most restaurants! We got so many compliments on the venue!! I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. There was seriously nothing that was below par. I recommend it to everyone!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Mary · Married on 10/12/2012

What an amazing venue. I chose the WoodWinds purely based on aesthetics in the beginning. It had the outdoor space I wanted, I could do the ceremony there, and the ballroom very comfortably held the amount of people I was inviting. My husband and I sat with one of the sales reps who did our initial booking and answered most of our questions. We also received a gift card to have dinner at the restaurant also owned by the same people (dinner was beyond amazing!!!). That was it until the one month meeting with Scott who handles all of the events day of. This man is phenomenal at what he does. Everything was organized down to the very last minute and I have never felt so taken care of in my life. I am in the business myself and had a lot of detail touches that I was hoping they could help me with and they did, everything was executed exactly as I had envisioned it, even to the point where Scott allowed me to use his kitchen the morning of to put flowers on my wedding cake. My guests are still raving about how amazing it was and my husband and I truly had the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Wonderful!!! Prompt, courteous service every step of the way. Sara and Scott are amazing-always there to answer any question and so on top of things! They made me rest easy and made the day go off flawlessly. Amazing food and service. Only downside is it's kind of a wedding factory, you will see another bride there.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Jim J. · Married on 08/31/2012

WoodWinds is a jewel in the list of Connecticut wedding venues. When we were visiting different facilities in early Spring The WoodWinds grounds were already colorful with flowers and well groomed while other places still looked like they were in the middle of Winter. It was this attention to detail that got our attention, but it was the quality and value of what they offered that sold us. And when it came to our big day we were thrilled at the professionalism, friendliness, and hard work of the staff. Scott is on top of every little detail and he puts your mind at ease, taking away the stress and letting you actually enjoy your day! The appetizers were outstanding, the dinner spectacular, and the whole place looked like we spent a million dollars. Our guests were very impressed!!

Sent on 09/05/2012
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 07/01/2012

The woodwinds made me feel like Queen for the day i must say that scott who is with you all day long was amazing my dress ripped he got the scissors and cut the bottom for me . Scott got me floss and held my mirror and lipstick got me drinks waited on me hand and foot.The food was VERY VERY good no complaints the grounds are well kept and very clean . My only complaint was that they didnt serve coffee after dinner which people were looking for ,not that it was a serious problem but people were like why didnt they have coffee ?? but if you asked you got it . The uplighting was Awesome .Overall very happy with choosing the Woodwinds

Sent on 11/22/2012

Katie · Married on 07/01/2012

Amazing staff and wedding experience.
    Beautiful place inside and out.
    We loved our wedding & recommend this place to people we know who are planning.

Sent on 02/23/2013
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 06/02/2012

I recently had my wedding at The WoodWinds and I couldn't have been more happy with them. The staff went above and beyond to meet our every need. The food was delicious absolutely delicious. Our guest keep raving about how delicious everything was and how beautiful the grounds and building were. I would highly recommend them and I would use them for another event.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Woodwinds was so helpful to us as we planned our wedding. Half of the time we were out of town, and they went the extra mile to make sure that everything ran smoothly for everything. The quality of the food was excellent, everyone said it was the best catering that they ever had, and we have to agree. The service was exceptional, Scott was there every step of the way on the big day that there was nothing that could have gone wrong. It was perfect in every way. Their price for the quality of the service was great. The best value that we could find, and it included everything!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/10/2012

We had an amazing time from start to finish! Scott- the wedding planner for the day is amazing, and always right there when you need him...from a drink to a breath mint, to even a mirror as i was cleaning wedding cake off my face :-) Thank you Woodwinds!!!

Sent on 03/21/2012