The Woodwinds Reviews

163 | Branford, CT

163 Reviews for The Woodwinds

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

I could write all day about how amazing this venue is. Their communication is instant. The grounds are gorgeous. Scott makes sure the bride and groom eat and also makes sure they are aware of everything going on. He is there all night, but you would never know he was around. He stays out of the way yet is still right there. The food is out of this world, and anything from the Venetian table that doesn't get eaten goes home with the bride and groom. I would recommend this venue to anyone without an ounce of hesitation

Sent on 10/03/2016

Teresa · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I were married here on September 30, 2016. We absolutely loved it! Every staff member was amazing, especially Scott who makes sure everything runs perfectly. We started with the tour and booking with JoAnna. She was super helpful in the beginning with answering the millions of questions that we had. Once we booked we were getting regular updates and letters in the mail advising us when our next payment was due, and also a checklist to help plan the actual wedding. The folder they gave at the tour was my lifeline! Once we got closer we met with Scott a few times to discuss everything for the big day. He was awesome with giving us advice and he has so much experience that everything he said was 100% accurate. The day of was beyond amazing. Scott was guiding us through the entire event. He made sure that we went table to table to greet our guests. He then gave us time to sit and eat, and even had us go into the photo booth because we wouldn't have time later. Scott kept us on time for the ceremony, being introduced, the parent dances, and the cake cutting. And of course WoodWinds is known for the food! Scott gave us all left overs from dinner and dessert, which of course were eaten by all of our guests back at the hotel. Everyone raved about the food. WoodWinds was absolutely perfect and we were so happy we chose them to celebrate the best night of our lives.

Sent on 11/12/2016

I cannot express how satisfied and happy we were (along with our family members) with Scott and his team. They knew what we needed before we did. He is truly talented and I can tell he loves what he does. This was the best day of our lives and worked out PERFECT thanks to your team and your venue. All of our guests said that was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. They also said that was the best food they ever had as well. So nice to hear we made the right choice with Woodwinds!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Tina · Married on 08/07/2016

Thank you for this new post on theknot.com!

posted 08/15/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! We knew we had found the one as soon as we met Joanna. She made sure we would have the perfect wedding. Then when Scott took over, we knew we were still in good hands. Scott was able to set up a rehearsal, which was difficult because we couldn't coordinate everyone. And on wedding day, Scott and his wife Antonella were on top of everything. My dad uses a walker for long distances and was worried how he'd get around. Scott made sure he had my dad's walker available for after my dad walked some short distances (walking me down the aisle). My dad never had to worry. He also had my lipstick and a mirror available for touch ups so I'd still look good in pictures. The food was amazing! The appetizers at cocktail hour were a hit! The guests said they just kept coming, they were never without! And the buffet... People couldn't get enough! The sauce on the pasta was so delicious, and being half Italian, the sauce was important to me! The waitstaff (and those that helped with the ceremony) and bartenders were so nice and made sure everyone was happy all day. Couldn't have been a better wedding!! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Betsy · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our wedding at Woodwinds on July 16, 2016 and it was perfect! The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff was very attentive and professional. The wedding planning process was made so easy because their staff are super knowledgeable and you can tell they care! From the initial tour to the rehearsal to the wedding day everything was easy and smooth. We had our ceremony on the private patio off the garden room. It was an amazing setting with the waterfall in the background. Everything went off without a hitch. Scott and his team took care of everything. All we had to do was show up and have an amazing time! The food was so delicious and they even sent us home with left over entrees and desserts from the Venetian table! Scott's vintage Rolls Royce was an unexpected surprise! We have so many beautiful pictures with the car and so do our guests who loved posing with it! Scott even allowed our photographer to get on the roof for amazing pictures of our ceremony! Woodwinds was worth every penny we spent. You will not be disappointed if you book your wedding there!

Sent on 09/05/2016

We had a perfect wedding day. All the staff we worked with prior to and on the day of the wedding were friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had a brunch buffet and all the guests raved about the food. The grounds were beautiful and I was pleasantly surprised that the outside patio for the ceremony had some extra decorations I wasn't aware would be there.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 06/05/2016

My fiance and I had our engagement party at Woodwinds this past July 2015! We could not have been happier with their service, friendliness, and professionalism from start to finish! We had 150 guests at our event and everyone had an amazing time and great things to say about the venue! Also, a very important factor to us was the food, and it all tasted AMAZING! During cocktail hour the hot passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious and were CONSTANTLY being replenished (so important!). We had an amazing time and I'm so happy we chose Woodwinds for our special day!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Parag · Married on 05/30/2016

Don't even bother looking elsewhere. You will find many venues to be beautiful and their staff very friendly. But the Woodwinds' cohesiveness of their staff, reliability, and attention to detail put them miles above others. If you go with the Woodwinds, you will not have to worry during your wedding day and will be able to actually enjoy the company of all of your cherished guests. Especially if you're doing an Indian wedding, they know what to do and how to run it!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/22/2016

I cannot imagine choosing another venue for our wedding. Woodwinds was by far the best option for food, cost, space and flexibility out of all of the venues we looked at in Connecticut. They have several locations for outdoor ceremonies and, when it rained the morning of the wedding, Scott and his team were able to immediately set up for the indoor ceremony in front of the fireplace of our reception room. In spite of the last minute change, everyone agreed it was beautiful (and far more suitable than a wet outdoor ceremony!).

Scott was incredible about making sure each part of the ceremony ran smoothly, and Antonella was always ready when I needed something: she was there to bring us our food, get a stain off of my dress, take my bouquet for the first dance, and basically handle any need that arose. Food was one of my biggest concerns for the wedding, but Woodwinds did not disappoint. We knew from our complimentary dinner at Cafe Allegre that we were in for a treat, which was proven true when we received rave reviews on the food from our guests. If you want one of the more affordable venues in the state without sacrificing quality, I highly recommend Woodwinds.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Joe A. · Married on 10/31/2015

As a vendor (It's All About You DJ Services), we recently had two opportunities to do business with Woodwinds providing both DJ & Photo Booth services. As a business owner of our DJ business, we have the opportunity to work many different venues all over the State of CT and by far, hands down, this is the very best venue we have ever worked at. The venue is so beautiful!! The food is incredible!! Every single staff member that we have interaction with was so friendly and right on point with everything!!!! We must say this is largely due to Scott who runs the 'show'. With our own company, attention to detail and first class customer service is our goal for each and every event that we do. Scott has the same goal!! We have never met a person like Scott. He is friendly, professional and clearly on top of his game. We have more events booked at Woodwinds for the upcoming year and we are so excited to go back to this venue again, and again!!! I have and will continue to recommend this venue to everyone we can. Kudos to Scott, the Chef and all the staff at Woodwinds who have clearly made Woodwinds what it is; FIRST CLASS BANQUENT FACILITY!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Scott -- Sincerely Pam & Joe, It's All About You DJ Services, LLC. www.itsallaboutyoudj.com

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jenna · Married on 10/23/2015

Our night was magical thanks to all the hard work the staff at The Woodwinds put into making our night perfect! The food was amazing and one of the main reasons we picked this venue. The grounds are also gorgeous and perfect for a backdrop for all our wedding photos. I don't know what I would have done without Scott that night making sure everything was executed accordingly and that my husband and I actually had a chance to sit back and enjoy the party we had planned. We will definitely be using the Woodwinds for more events.

Sent on 12/17/2015

We don't know where to begin in thanking Woodwinds. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Throughout our entire engagement, JoAnna was so helpful and responsive to questions every single time we had one. Antonella was so kind and such a fantastic help. Scott was simply incredible. The day of our wedding he was there to help us through every step and knew what was needed before we even did. The food was so delicious. All of our guests raved about it. We do not have a single bad thing to say about Woodwinds. They went above and beyond to make our special day so perfect and unforgettable. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Erinn · Married on 09/11/2015

We could not be happier with our choice of venue. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and how much they loved everything. Scott is AMAZING, I seriously can not say enough about him and his staff, if anything went wrong I certainly don't know about it. They are professional, courteous and so incredibly on top of their game.

My husband and I looked at several venues and I am so glad that we chose The Woodwinds, we will recommend it to everyone we know.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Stacey · Married on 08/29/2015

We truly had the wedding of our dreams thanks to the amazing staff at WoodWinds. Every single person with whom we interacted from our very first email contact to picking up our items the day after the wedding was professional, kind, and seriously on top of their game.

Throughout the entire planning process, the team was there for us to answer questions, offer advice, and help with coordinating with other vendors. We truly did not have to worry about a thing, which was such a relief over the year of planning. On the day of the wedding, we truly had a personalized experience that fit us and our families, went perfectly smoothly, and was so much fun for us and for our guests. Everywhere we turned, staff members were going above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, special, and unique to us. As every review seems to mention, the food is spectacular and in abundance, and Scott and Antonella are there to guide you throughout the entire event and make sure you are having the time of your life. Scott even drove me up to the ceremony in his vintage Doval car to give me an entrance that our guests are still raving about.

We felt so taken care of and loved the day of our wedding – the WoodWinds team gave us the gift of being able to enjoy our day the whole way through, which we truly could not put a price on. (Although for all the venues we visited before signing our contract, WoodWinds really is where you get the most bang for your buck.) It was truly a pleasure having our wedding at WoodWinds and an honor to share our special day with the team there. We could not have chosen a better venue and would do it over again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/30/2015
  • Ndidi & Onyi

Ndidi · Married on 06/19/2015

Not even sure where to begin with woodwinds . The venue was just beyond amazing . My guest loved the food and drinks that was sever and could stop raving about it . Everyone from Johanna to Scott and everyone who worked that day was just beyond amazing . Hubby and I are beyond grateful and will definitely refer everyone I know to woodwinds . Thank you again

Sent on 06/22/2015

The Woodwinds in was the perfect venue for our wedding. All of our guest spoke so highly about the quality of the food, service and location. The Woodwinds team were able to accommodate our special requests such has labeling all of the food and setting our special furniture. All the staff members at Woodwinds make you feel important. If we can have our wedding again, we would pick Woodwinds again without any hesitation.

Sent on 12/28/2015

The Woodwinds was a perfect venue - we had an outdoor ceremony under the beautiful willow tree, followed by the reception in the "Firelight" room. The food was awesome (our guests are still talking about how good it was!) and the staff was incredibly friendly and professional; they truly made our day flow perfectly without a hitch! Scott and his assistants were right there with us the entire night, always checking in to make sure we were okay or if we needed anything. Many of our guests have complimented on how beautiful of a venue it was and how smoothly the entire evening flowed.
    I was a little worried about having another reception going on at the same time on the other side, but we never knew the difference! The venue is well divided and the staff was diligent about making sure no guests from other side made their way over to our reception.

Many wedding venues along the Connecticut shoreline were simply out of our budget; the Woodwinds was very reasonable yet we never felt like we had to compromise on anything. They truly exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Laura · Married on 04/14/2015

We came here on a whim after another venue stood us up for our appointment. It was late in the day, but they were so welcoming to have us come in. We worked with JoAnna and she was incredibly helpful and sweet. We loved the venue, and the offered so many services for such a great price. We booked our wedding 8 months in advance and they were very flexible on prices and dates. We worked with Scott for the rest of the wedding details, and he is ON TOP OF EVERYTHING. He makes it really easy for you. The day of the wedding went perfectly. There's always small errors, but the staff is so courteous and responsive that it eases your mind completely. Our guests loved the venue, especially the food. They have 2 separate rooms for events, and ours was in the Firelight room, with a beautiful fireplace (which is where we were married as well). They have awesome outdoor seating for the cocktail hour, and a beautiful waterfall area for your ceremony if the weather is good.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Woodwinds was absolutely amazing. Scott made my wedding. Everyone complemented about how Scott made everything run so smooth. The food was amazing. I also had my ceremony there and everything was perfect. A great place to get married

Sent on 05/06/2015

Kathleen · Married on 01/10/2015

We could not have dreamed of a better wedding! If you are a bride/groom looking for a venue that has excellent food, terrific service, and a phenominal wedding coordinator team this is your venue. Scott and his team attending to every detail for our day and were always five steps ahead. Not once did we (bride/groom) have to think about anything.....he literally did all the thinking and organizing for us so we could take in and enjoy every moment of our wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Clara · Married on 11/30/2014

My wedding day was nothing short of magical! Scott and his team are fabulous. They were there whenever I needed them, treated me like Royalty and made sure the day went so smooth. The venue is beautiful and the food is fantastic. My guests all rated my wedding a perfect 10 and I have scott and everyone at the woodwinds to thank for that!

Sent on 12/20/2014

I had my wedding reception at the Woodwinds and I could not have made a better choice! From day one when we set the date they have been nothing but helpful responsive and flexible with all of our requests. My husband and I could not be I had my wedding reception at the Woodwinds and I could not have made a better choice! From day one when we set the date they have been nothing but helpful responsive and flexible with all of our requests. My husband and I could not be happier! Our wedding reception was perfect from beginning to end! Scott and Antonella along with the rest of the Woodwinds staff were AMAZING! Our guests were so pleased with the service and especially with the delicious amazing food and desserts ! If you are looking for an amazing place to have your wedding go to the Woodwinds you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/09/2015
  • Vivian M.

Vivian · Married on 11/08/2014

My husband and I fell in love with the Woodwinds right away. We live in Westchester and after visiting a few venues we decided to start looking for places outside NY. The venue is really really beautiful and Sarah and Scott made everything perfect. From meetings to the actual day, we had no problems at all contacting them for suggestions and questions. Scott was an angel on the weeding day, he made sure everything was perfect and one thing I don't forget is that he made sure we ate and had fun! We had the ceremony and the reception at the Woodwinds. Thanks to Scott and all the staff everything went super smooth and we didn't even notice that there was another wedding going on on the other room. I actually forgot about that and only remembered when we were waiting for our car to go back to the hotel. Every single guest LOVED the venue and the food by Café Allegre. I couldn't be happier with what you guys did for us. Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/24/2014

I had the best night I could possibly imagine here!!! The staff is incredible, food is amazing and it is just gorgeous!! I couldn't have asked for anything more!!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Cait · Married on 10/18/2014

Woodwinds more than exceeded our expectations! From the moment we booked our wedding reception to the night of the wedding, they made the process fun, stress free and easy. They were more than accommodating for all of our requests. Scott made the reception absolutely perfect. He made sure everything went seamlessly. Our guests continue to comment how it was the best wedding they have been to and how fantastic the food was. Thank you for making our wedding the wedding of our dreams!!

Sent on 11/06/2014