The Woods at Bear Creek Reviews

The Woods at Bear Creek 5
The Woods at Bear Creek 6
The Woods at Bear Creek 7

Leanne · Married on 10/10/2015

Our wedding was a hit!!! The Woods at Bear Creek was just switching people who was taking care of us so I wanted to make sure the new person was aware of everything. But that won't be an issue with upcoming brides/weddings. The food was absolutely fantastic!!! Having it at this venue gives guests a feel of a destination wedding within driving distance. Our guests had a lot of fun staying in the cabins and zip lining!! The view is to die for and we got so many amazing pictures. Jennifer was the person who helped us most, and she is very friendly and keeps up with all the changes I had and I didn't have to tell her anything twice. She was wonderful.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Judy · Married on 07/12/2014

3.0

Overall, I highly recommend The Woods at Bear Creek for anyone looking for a rustic outdoors venue for a wedding! My daughter and her fiancé looked at several other locations for their October 2016 wedding, but this was the perfect choice for them! Prices are very comparable to most other venues. They do charge a fee to have the ceremony here as well as a banquet rental fee in addition to the per person charge. We worked with two banquet managers, Jennifer at first who was just wonderful and then Kari, who was also very good but took a bit longer to get back to us. They met with us on our schedule and did everything the way we asked – from the set-up of the tables to using the grove (not the gazebo) for the ceremony to the choice of entrees and beer! Everyone was so accommodating and nice and the management and maintenance staff were also great to work with. The food was excellent!!! They even provided lunch for the bride and bridesmaids upon request. The food for the rehearsal dinner was good and was held in the pavilion on a chilly evening because alcohol is not allowed in the rec center. We did have a photo booth and the set up was a little constraining due to the number of people but it worked! One thing I wish is that the cake had been served sooner after dinner. They had plenty of wood for the bonfires too. Many people stayed in the cabins which were very clean. Two issues: check in was at 3:00 unless you paid a $50 early check in fee but the ceremony was at 3:00 and no one was staying in the cabins the night before – ridiculous, especially since all these people were there for a wedding! And they charge tax at the restaurant on the breakfast that is included in the cabin package – just include it in the price to make things easier or put it on your information sheet so guests are aware of it! Again, The Woods at Bear Creek is a lovely place to have a wedding!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Karen · Married on 10/01/2016

4.2

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception here. It was exactly what we were looking for! The food was amazing and Kari and Mike did a wonderful job the day of, taking care of us and making sure all went smooth. The only issue we had to work through was the booking of cabins. Our guests had trouble calling the reservation desk to book their cabins, but once I got a hold of Mike and Kari they were able to take care of it for us. Lastly, we had started with a different event manager, and once Kari took over it took some adjusting. However, once we figured out the best way to reach her was her cell phone, she was willing to talk or answer questions at any time! We are so happy this venue was available for our use. It was perfect!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Dana · Married on 09/03/2016

4.2

Recently had our wedding here and the venue was beautiful and the food was good (from what my guests tell me, I scarfed mine down in 2 bites). Kari the wedding coordinator was great and met frequently with us to discuss plans. The acoustics were also great for our live band. We had one issue regarding cabins for our guests and wedding guests ( an agreement was discussed and clear with the previous wedding coordinator and not communicated to Kari almost leaving several guests without a place to stay which was not Kari's fault. This was very stressful to find out the day before the wedding but The Woods made right and ensured all of our wedding guests had a place to stay. We ended up having our guests stay in about 75% of the cabins and staying for a bonfire after the wedding which was another level of fun that my husband and I and our guests loved. All in all our wedding was a blast with only a few small kinks that ended up being worked out. Compared to similar venues the value for the money was great and we had a wonderful day, my only suggestion would be to make sure everyone is on the same page and everything is in in writing and communicated to prevent any last minute stresses but all in all I was happy with the venue.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Danny · Married on 10/08/2016

2.5

Beautiful place and the food was wonderful.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Mike · Married on 05/23/2015

2.5
      3.0

Everything worked out fine. I thought the cabin rentals were over priced. Particularly with the charge for each additional person. At that price, the front desk could have been friendlier at check in. The heat didn't work in my cabin and I had some phone issues. Some of it could have been "opening weekend".

Sent on 05/26/2015