The Wolfeboro Inn Reviews

75 | Wolfeboro, NH

75 Reviews for The Wolfeboro Inn

Katie · Married on 08/18/2012

The entire team was SO extremely helpful! They made it easy for me to relax on the big day. They set it all up for us, and followed all of my instructions to a tee. Not only did they make it look beautiful, but each person I came in contact with went out of their way to make my day special.

Every guest at my wedding has told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2012

I had my wedding aboard the Winnipesaukee Belle, we had an extremely diverse group of children, adults and elderly. The staff went out of their way to ensure that every detail was executed flawlessly, and that all of the guests were well taken care of. The captain made sure that we were all happy and that we got a beautiful view of the sunset and all of the area. Overall, the staff made my event a night that I and all of my guest will be talking about for a lifetime. I can't say enough about how great my experience with this venue was!!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Katie · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was amazing! The whole process went off without any issues. Many of our friends and family said it was the best wedding they had been to! The food was amazing (everyone loved the swordfish! also the stations were the perfect choice)!!, Paula could not have been better (so helpful, responsive, organized! She helped make everything end up perfect!!), the grounds of the inn were immaculate and the view could not be any better. Everyone had a blast! We would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding in the area!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Taylor · event on 07/14/2012

The wolfeboro Inn knocked our party out of the park! Everything from the boat cuise to the dinner buffet was perfect in everyway. Most impressive was the food. Who does gourmet dinning for 97 people? I would go back in a heart beat. All my guests raved about the service, food and relaxed friendly atmosphere. There are not enough thank yous to to extend for making a dream birthday come true. But, once again, thank you all for a great weekend. Taylor Sage

Sent on 08/08/2012

Natalie · Married on 06/30/2012

The staff at the Wolfeboro Inn were incredibly helpful and understanding during the wedding planning process. Since my husband is in the military, we had to wait until the month before to set a date, and the wedding coordinator was more than flexible, which we certainly appreciated. We were a very small wedding, 12 people total, and they created a very intimate, relaxing, and romantic atmosphere for our dinner. The food was fantastic, and overall we had a perfect day in our eyes. I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 07/07/2012
  • Krissy

Krissy · Married on 06/29/2012

We had such a wonderful time. The staff was
    Very accommodating and extremely helpful.
    The boat was perfect!

Sent on 06/30/2012

Denaie · Married on 09/23/2011

Absolutely amazing staff. Beautiful location. Beyond amazing wedding coordinator and it was everything I ever dreamed of!!!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2011

Honestly, I cannot say anything bad about Wolfeboro. I'm always hesitant to give a place a perfect 5 stars, because I don't want to set the bar too high for them. But let me briefly explain:

Paula & staff were awesome. She was responsive, answered all my questions, and was a friendly face during the days before. She even helped me deal with my mother (who was a bit of a handful) prior to the event. Paula balanced everything so well, and her staff even went so far to make table numbers for us (we had a Portal game based cake, and they designed the table numbers after that). It was such a pleasure that they thought, and included, those little details.

Wolfeboro Inn itself is beautiful. I wish that their ceremony venue was actually on the lake - but it still oversees the lake. And you will get some amazing photos from the angle. I hadn't seen the location prior to getting married there (I live in Los Angeles), but trusted my dad to proxy. The inside is incredible, and the room that we got for the reception was big enough to host my family, but small enough to make it cozy.

And the food! Oh my goodness, the food was incredible. Since my husband and I were off taking photos, they were done passing around hors d'oeuvres by the time we got back, but they had set aside a few for us to munch on (we were starving!). Everything was delicious.

It was the first place that I found that had an extensive VEGETARIAN menu (which I am one, but my husband isn't) and it was easy to add a meat carving station as well.

Honestly, if I could go back and do it over again, I would still choose Wolfeboro. Paula made my experience memorable, and the whole staff was so nice.

Their decor is a little mod and has a lot of stripes, but I love that kind of rustic/vintage-y feel, and it was great.

While Wolfeboro is a bit of a higher budget, it is definitely well worth the price for the location and the great staff - that's why I still think it was a great value. It was practically flawless.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Cindy · Married on 03/05/2011

I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more. Paula (the event director) was amazing. She is wonderful to work with and will do anything to help your day be perfect! They are very open to change and new ideas and actually encourage it! The food was fantastic and the wait staff was attentive. All of my guests were pleased with the venue and the hotel accommodations.

Sent on 03/29/2012

jessica · Married on 06/10/2016

The wolfeboro inn was amazing for our wedding ceremony and reception. Nicole Gosselin is the sweetest and most professional coordinator. I would email her so many times and she would respond quickly and was very helpful. The day of the wedding she was incredibly calm and made sure everything went as planned. I 100% recommend the Inn for your wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much Jess! Although your plans were 2 years in the making, time absolutely flew by! I am so glad that you loved your wedding day. Looking forward to seeing you again!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Rachael · Married on 09/13/2015

Service and overall experience was excellent.

Sent on 10/08/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you for your review and the kind words Rachael!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2015

Everything about our wedding was perfect thanks to all of the help we received from the Wolfeboro Inn. The whole experience was easy and stress free from the time we booked the venue through the whole event. Nicole was great and made sure that everything went according to plan, I didn't have to think about anything. We had an amazing wedding and our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say!

Sent on 05/14/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I loved getting to know you and Max over the past year and I look forward to your next visit in the future!
    - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Laura · Married on 03/10/2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Inn, they were very accomodating. We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. All our friends and family enjoyed themselves immensely. Every detail was exactly what we asked for. Exceeded all my expectations.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

We cannot say enough about how FABULOUS the staff at the Wolfeboro Inn is! They took such care and put so much thought into our day! Guen is a rockstar. We could NOT have done it without her. In the middle of our After Party, I looked over and saw her walking through the venue - three hours after she was scheduled to go home! She was responsive, caring, thoughtful, extremely nice and genuinely seemed excited for us. All couples are sad when their wedding is over for many reasons, but one of ours is definitely that we won't be able to talk to Guen every day! Tiana and the Banquet Staff were INCREDIBLE. They were prompt, friendly and professional. We were very, very happy with everything!

Sent on 10/04/2018

David · Married on 06/29/2014

Fabulous venue. Staff was fantastic. Food was excellent.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2013

Thanks to the staff at the Wolfeboro Inn, my wedding was the most magical day of my life! Leading up to the big day, it was always a pleasure working with Nicole and Lucy – they were always poised, responsive, and totally put me at ease throughout the planning process. They went over and above to accommodate our requests and make the day about us. For example, we really wanted our dinner service done a certain way – a way that the Inn had never done before – and instead of shooting us down and keeping us in a box of amenities, they met with the chef and figured out a way to meet our request while maintaining the integrity of the food and service. They always put the bride and groom first, while ensuring that the delivered product was the best it could be.
    The wedding itself was as perfect and ran as smoothly as I could imagine. If something didn’t go the way it was supposed to, I never knew it! Everything from the tent setup, ceremony flow, cocktail hour, dinner service, cake cutting, management of the band, photographers, florist, and all of the other vendors….. Everything moved seamlessly and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. The food was outstanding – wedding food isn’t supposed to be that good. We had our ceremony at the gazebo and our tent on the lawn… I was worried about the space, but the tent was set up with great flow and it was the perfect space for our 100 guests.
    Your wedding day is one of the most important day of your life and the event staff at the Wolfeboro Inn gets that. Our day was easy, beautiful, and all I had to worry about was enjoying myself and not spilling champagne on my dress :) If only we could do it all over again!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Tammie · Married on 05/29/2016

3.5

If you are even thinking for a slight second this could be the place to have your wedding, just say yes! I had a very small 29 persons wedding here, we got married on site at the gazebo. I just can't think of one thing that I could of wished for because it all turned out so perfectly. Working with Nicole was such a pleasure, she's absolutely wonderful and makes all your worries go away. Being able to get married at the gazebo with the lake in the background, then have guests walk inside for the beautiful reception. We got the 1812 room which was so perfect! It had these big windows that gave you beautiful views of the lake. Then being able to stay the night at the Inn which I believe most of the wedding packages they offer include the bridal suite, which again was AWESOME! I had small plans for have a small wedding , but at the end of the day with every detail worked out and the help from the Wolfeboro Inn I got something even better, an unforgettable and perfect wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Tammie! We had a short amount of time working together and I am thrilled for you that your wedding day came out just as you had imagined. Looking forward to seeing you again!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff
  • Keri

Keri · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I had a great experience having our wedding at the Wolfeboro Inn. Paula was fantastic and very easy to deal with. She always responded right away whenever I emailed her with questions, you can tell she was very experienced when dealing with weddings. Some of the things that made the Wolfeboro Inn stand out was the beautiful backdrop. We had our rehearsal dinner on the Winnepesaukee Belle and I would highly recommend that! We had our wedding ceremony outside in front of the garden gazebo and our reception under the tent. Having an outside wedding was very important to us. We had the buffet and the food was excellent. Another personal touch that we thought was great was when we went back to our room at the end of the night there was a tray of food and champagne waiting for us. In addition to the food and drink there was a picture of us right after we got married already in a frame along with a gift certificate for a one night stay for our one year anniversary. It was a nice personal touch at the end of our day!
    There were a few things that didn't seem to go as planned. There was a mix up with my husbands hotel room the night before the wedding so he ended up without a room, luckily his family had rented a house nearby that he could stay at. My husbands parents table was not placed where we had put it on the diagram and they ended up behind other tables when they were supposed to be close to us right on the dance floor. And the last thing was with the buffet. There was only one buffet line for over 160 people, which made it seem like some people had to wait a lot longer then others to eat and one of the last tables to be called up was my husbands parents and grandparents table, I feel like they should have been called up in the beginning.
    Overall I would still highly recommended this venue and Paula!! The few mix ups were only noticed by us and we didn't let it ruin our day.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Jenny · Married on 10/09/2016

Planning a wedding from afar was pretty tough for my husband and I, but Nicole and Lucy made it so easy for us to have a great wedding! I worked mostly with Nicole, and then the last month was with Lucy. Both were very accommodating and flexible with our needs, and really made the planning straight forward and worry-free! The setting is gorgeous, the inn is beautiful, and the town is so cozy and welcoming. We loved our experience at The Wolfeboro Inn, and definitely recommend it to anyone wishing to get married in the Lakes Region!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kathleen · Married on 01/30/2016

My biggest word of advice for couples considering the Wolfeboro Inn is to trust that Nicole Gosselin (catering manager) knows exactly what she is doing. It was really hard for me (the bride) to trust that everything would be done exactly as I wanted it to, so I asked a LOT of questions and triple confirmed a million things. Not only was Nicole was patient with me, but she was one step ahead of me during the whole process. At the end of the day, she was more prepared for our big day than I could have ever been!

Sent on 03/09/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Katie! I loved working with you and you were so extremely detailed that you made it easy for me!! Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Laura · Married on 09/26/2015

I would like to start by saying Nicole Gosselin, as mentioned in other reviews, is an absolute gem when it comes to wedding planning. She is laid back, sweet, has a sense of humor, and is great at what she does. She is quick to respond and did not get frustrated with my emails of question after question, there is something to be said for that. :) She made planning our rehearsal dinner/ceremony/reception from 1900 miles away very smooth. Because of her services I would highly recommend this venue for an event in the future.
    With that being sad, our weekend was not exactly perfect at the Inn. Overall, the ceremony and reception were great. The staff was friendly and efficient and everyone had a great time. During the rehearsal dinner, we were given a projector that did not have sound, so that was a bit of a pain to fix but luckily we had a guest who was experienced with things of such nature. At the Wolfe's Tavern after the reception we had a poor experience with the manager on duty which was unfortunate and left an overall bad taste in our mouths to the venue as a whole. This is true of many of our guests also, which again is unfortunate because it all could have been avoided. Understandably the Inn has a job to do and this matter has since been discussed, but it still is a lingering topic that is being discussed three months after our big day and that is very disappointing. Because of this treatment I would still recommend the Inn but I would look elsewhere for your after party events or at least request ahead of time to be told who is on staff that night. I am happy to share the specific name of the manager if anyone has apprehensions, just thought it best not to post it on here.
    That being said the location is great, the views of the lake are beautiful and the hotel itself is nice to stay at. The food was great, service aside from the one person was great, and overall we did have a positive experience at this venue and look forward to visiting in the future.

Sent on 12/27/2015

3.0

The venue, food and overall experience was tremendous. Nicole was responsive, helped us with critical decisons and insured that the event went off without one problem.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Diane · Married on 07/07/2012

4.2
      3.0

Food was excellent - cruise was memorable.

Everyone loved it!!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2012

4.2
      3.0

The wedding was absolutely beautiful! The Wolfeboro Inn and Especailly Paula did an amazing job. I really enjoyed working with Paula! She did the best she could to make sure everything was Perfect. I was hoping to spend a little more time at the Rehearsal Dinner to make sure everyone knew what they were doing because on the Day of the Wedding I ended up chacing a lot of people trying to make sure where they were. This was Partial due to the fact that our guests ended up being late to the Rehearsal Dinner due to the Extreme Traffic and difficultly of traveling Down Town. I also think that the Wedding Cake should have been served to the guests at the Tables. We had asked for this, but it was not a huge deal that it did not happen, but a lot of people didnt even know there was cake for them. Over all the Wedding was Absolutely Stunning and no one even knew that things were not planned the way they happened. I just wanted to Provide some advice to take a little more Stress off the Bride because the Day flies by for the Bride and she should be able to enjoy all of her planning too. I would like to Thank everyone that helped with our Wedding! We got so many compliments on everything. Thank you so much for helping make our very special day coe true!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Caitlin · Married on 07/25/2015

3.8
      3.5
      2.5

The Wolfeboro Inn was a beautiful location for our wedding; the tent was stunning and the lake provided the perfect backdrop. The ceremony was lovely in front of the gazebo. All our guests enjoyed the food during cocktail hour and the reception. There seemed to be "lags" during the dinner when all the guests were sitting and waiting to be told to go to the buffet; myself and husband initiated the process as it became an awkward pause. The staff was kind though I did not have a chance to interact with them much throughout the night. The overall service/responsiveness during the event as well as the restaurant is very slow. We were hoping to have more time to dance/enjoy the night, versus waiting for guests to be asked to the buffet (per guests report that they were not asked for some time). Other than this piece, the night was wonderful, Nicole was kind and we will certainly be looking forward to staying at the Inn again.

Sent on 08/22/2015