The Winery at Bull Run Reviews

137 | Centreville, VA

137 Reviews for The Winery at Bull Run

Katherine · Married on 11/01/2013

The first time I visited The Winery at Bull Run, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle, the gorgeous scenery painted a romantic picture, perfect for a wedding. From the Ruins where the outside ceremony was held to the Barrel Room for the reception, The Winery at Bull Run was the perfect amount of simple elegance mixed with a homey, warm feeling. Not only was The Winery a perfect location, but The Winery’s staff, especially Natasha and Eddie, were always able to answer my many questions and ease my worries, leading up to the big day. On the wedding day, Natasha and Eddie helped to make the day go on without a hitch. It was very obvious that they loved their job. If I had to do it all over again, there is no doubt in my mind that I would still want to get married at The Winery at Bull Run. It doesn’t hurt that their wine is delicious too.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Wow!  What a great venue!  We held our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run in October 2013.  Eddie and Natasha went out of their way to make sure we were happy with all of the details, plans, and set up.  We never felt rushed during our consolations and during the week of the wedding they were always available to answer any of our questions.  They even welcomed us into the "winery family" following the ceremony, as the winery now holds an even greater intrinsic value for us.

Sent on 12/19/2013

My husband and I decided to renew our vows after 10 years together and a disasterous wedding. We knew wanted to have the dream wedding we didn't get the first time and as a wine lover a vineyard/winery made the most sense. We visited 13 vineyards and knew as soon as we talked to Eddie and Natasha that The Winery at Bull Run was where we wanted to renew our vows. The space is absolutely beautiful and they had so many options for us. Both Eddie and Natasha were quick to respond to our questions, provide guidance when needed and went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect night. After things falling apart so badly the first time I was very uneasy about leaving all the set up to someone else but they assured me it would be gorgeous. I was absolutely blown away when I saw how perfect everything was. They made sure it was a stress free day and that every detailed I had dreamed came true. I even was able to get Eddie in the photo booth with me. I couldn't be happier with how things turned out and with Eddie and Natasha. I will be a lifelong visitor (and even got a small tattoo to commemorate!) and would highly recommend not only TWABR but Natasha and Eddie to anyone looking for an event venue!

Sent on 11/05/2013

We had our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run and it was the perfect venue and day!! My maid of honor and mother/ mother in law came early and were able to hang out before the wedding and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. They made sure that the whole day was absolutely perfect - Natasha and Eddie were so easy to work with :)

Sent on 10/01/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2013

We booked this venue in January for our September wedding, knowing instantly that it was the perfect venue for us. Rustic, historic, quaint, yet modern, we fell in love with the ambiance, vision, and sheer uniqueness. I was both the bride and wedding planner, and my many questions during the planning process were answered promptly and thoroughly. We were blessed with beautiful weather for our outdoor ceremony, but felt confidant and safe with the contingency plan if it had rained. Eddie and Natasha were fantastic to work with both in the months leading up to the wedding and on wedding day itself. Many guests commented that it was the best wedding they ever attended. We certainly had a day we will cherish and remember forever and can't imagine having it anywhere but at The Winery at Bull Run.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Sharon · Married on 09/07/2013

This is a beautiful location for a wedding. We, fortunately, had great weather for an outdoor wedding, but had a good back up plan on site. Eddie and Natasha were wonderful and easy to work with. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/26/2013

The Winery at Bull Run was a beautiful setting for my daughter's wedding. Natasha and Eddie were very helpful and everything went very smoothly.

Sent on 06/10/2013

The Winery at Bull Run is a beautiful and historical venue. Eddie and Natasha were a blast to work with and very helpful!

Sent on 06/14/2013

We had a post-wedding celebration at Bull Run Winery on April 27, 2013 in their Barrel Room. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience as did our guests. About 80 people attended and there was room for everyone; plus, the rustic decor added to the atmosphere. We used one of their suggested catering vendors (Purple Onion)and were very pleased with the service and food selection. The Bull Run wine servers were quite pleasant, efficient, and professional. We would definitely recommend Bull Run Winery to friends and family for their own events.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Kelly · Married on 03/09/2013

After shopping around we settled on the Winery at Bull Run for our wedding. It was by far the best choice for us and would do everything the same if we did it again!!!! We had a small (60) person wedding on the ruins of the old mansion, cocktails in the generals patio and reception in the barrel room. The winery was open during our ceremony but our guests never saw them because the staff asked them to move shortly before it started. Our pictures are priceless against the fields, wood fence, wood barn-like walls, wine barrels... The only decorations we needed was petals down the isle, centerpeices, tablecloths and uplighting in our color in the barrel room (done by our DJ) because the beautifull enviorment outside and in was enough. For the reception I would say another 10 people could fit comfortably in the barrel room if it was a plated dinner (we did buffett so needed walking room). The staff were friendly, helpful, flexible and responsive. Natasha and Eddie (winery event coordinators) are a amazing team that managed all our vendors, set up, clean up.....If anything went wrong I never knew about it because they took care of it! They will be as involved or not as you wish and they made us feel like part of the winery family.
    The price includes ample parking, their staff and tables and chairs (which are beautiful wood...not the plastic white ones at most places). Also to keep costs down we had a cash bar and family could buy their own wine by the glass (or bottle). They work with a local hotel that has free breakfast and transportation to and from the winery and Dulles airport for out of town guests. If I had to find one negative is that there is not a offical getting ready place. We could use some office space for changing and worked fine, but if you want more room I reccomend getting a hotel room. ABSOLUTE 5 stars!!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/06/2013

Celia · Married on 09/04/2017

Such a great venue; we could not have been happier with The Winery at Bull Run! We received so many compliments from the guests about how beautiful the grounds were, and how organized everything was. Amanda and Sarah, our event managers, were a joy to work with. They worked very well with the other vendors (their partnership with the Hyatt Place Chantilly is a nice perk) and provided a super helpful checklist to make sure that we had all of the decorations and logistics nailed down. As others have advised, definitely take advantage of a venue tour and the friendly staff. Ask questions, look at the picture books from previous weddings, and take pictures of your own to help with planning, decor, etc. They do have a pretty unique system for turning over the venue (from fully-functioning tasting room to reception hall) so it helps to talk that through. They have that transition down to a science though. All in all, the value and ambiance they created could not be beat. We had an amazing wedding, took some fabulous pictures, and above all made some great memories. Definitely recommend Bull Run!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Kris · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding at The Winery at Bull Run was everything we could have imagined and more. The staff, especially Sarah and Amanda, were a wedding dream team and guided us through the entire process with ease. We contemplated hiring a wedding planner, but after meeting with Amanda and Sarah and watching them work with our caterer (who was on the list of approved vendors provided by TWABR) we knew we weren't going to need one. Although they We had originally wanted to have our wedding at a property along the Potomac with a view of the river, but found the winery's view of the vineyards, countryside and mountains just as picturesque and knowing that we were working with a venue that had a system in place and a contingency plan for all situations quickly changed our mind and sold us on TWABR. Don't let the fact that the winery is open during your ceremony dissuade you from considering the winery. Amanda and her staff do a great job of making sure the patrons don't disturb the ceremony, the noise is absolutely minimal and the ruins are an absolutely beautiful location for a ceremony (especially at sunset)! If you are looking for a rustic feeling location with easy access to DC and a minimal hassle wedding we absolutely recommend TWABR!

Sent on 03/19/2018

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Kris, thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We are so glad you and your husband allowed us to be part of your special day! It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience with our staff and appreciated the picturesque atmosphere and rustic feel of our venue. We hope to see you both back again at the winery for a visit sometime—cheers!

Sean · Married on 05/28/2016

I got married two weeks ago and am still recovering completments on how amazing the wedding and venue was! Working with Amanda and all the TWABR staff was amazing. They were quick to answer all my questions, and work with me on my ideas , which at times were very specific. All the ammenities that are included were the original reason we went with the winery and working with everyone made it even better! I would suggest TWABR to any bride getting married and looking for an amazing rustic feel!

Sent on 06/12/2016

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Sean, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review and especially for celebrating your wedding with us! We're happy to hear Amanda and our staff took such good care of you. Congratulations again and we hope to see you again soon!

Amber · Married on 05/26/2016

The venue itself is gorgeous so it was an easy decision for us when choosing a place to get married. The communication, preparation and day of coordination from Amanda was outstanding. I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. They go out of your way to make sure your day runs as smoothly as possible! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Madalyn · Married on 10/03/2015

The Winery at Bull Run has sentimental value for my husband and myself so it was the perfect choice for our wedding last weekend. The venue's beauty speaks for itself and certainly makes for stunning photos! It was certainly the perfect backdrop for our big day. As beautiful as the venue was it also came with a wonderful support system. Natasha helped coordinate everything with Amanda to make sure everything would go as smoothly as possible. If we had questions they were quick to respond and helped us figure out timelines and logistics. I would absolutely recommend this venue and their services to others!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Claudia · Married on 10/10/2014

The team at The Winery at Bull Run was more than we could have asked for! We both work full time in service oriented jobs, that often require oncall hours. Even with our crazy lives, TWABR was prompt, professional and very open to our non-traditional wedding. Since we served as our own wedding planners, their last minute attention to detail, and calm demeanor were perfect for our personalities. They caught some of the small things that we overlooked...exactly what a day of planner should do. They offered great ideas and were open to hearing new points of view. In addition, we were on a strict budget, and this venue was a wonderful deal! Such a beautiful place that minimal lighting and decorations were needed...the Winery serves as decoration on it's own!
    Lastly, the location is wonderful; right off of 66, it was easy for many of our out of town guests to fly in to any of the airports, or drive directly to the venue.
    Overall, top notch experience...from beginning to end.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Michael · Married on 07/13/2013

Had our wedding at bull run in july .The setting was beautiful and the staff were very helpful friendly and courteous. Very stress free . A fantastic time was had by all

Sent on 08/19/2013

Having our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run was a wonderful experience! We had our ceremony at the estate ruins, cocktail hour in the barrel room and reception in the tasting room for about 100 people. Natasha and Eddie are on top of everything, and were very easy to work with. I felt very comfortable leaving the day in their hands, and they didn't disappoint! We didn't have any "day of" issues and everything went as they told us it would. We even had a couple suggestions that they ran with on their own. The location is beautiful and offers so many options for the various parts of the wedding, and I didn't even need to add many of my own decorations/florals to make it picture perfect (only recommendation to future brides is to plan to get ready offsite then get dressed there - we did that and the barrel room was perfect for getting dressed, but there's really no space for hair/makeup with good lighting). We loved the flexibility of the location and the rustic feel. Its hard to beat the scenery and history of the winery, not to mention the great wine! I would highly recommend having a wedding there, and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/05/2013
  • Jhoan

Jhoan · Married on 09/20/2019

Beautiful Venue

My partner and I love going to The Winery at Bull Run and that's why we chose to get married at this place. The whole place has a lot of character so we really didn't have to do too much decorating for the reception area. The staff are friendly and always try to respond back to us as soon as they can if we have any questions. Will always be our favorite winery in the DMV area :)

Sent on 11/06/2019

Sandra Filipp · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Venue and Wonderful Staff - Highly Recommend

Planning a wedding from out of state can be challenging, but the moment I walked up to The Winery at Bull Run I knew it was the place for us to get married. Julie helped walk us through all things wedding the first time we met, and Meredith and Amanda were an absolute pleasure to work with from afar and in person. We wanted our wedding to be FUN, with an option for people to spend time indoors or outdoors throughout the evening. Our ceremony was at the hillside ruins on a picturesque day, and our cocktail hour and reception were at the new production barn. Meredith helped coordinate all details for the evening- from timeline to seating to corn hole and fire sets- and the entire TWABR team helped create our perfect wedding. Everyone was so helpful and attentive throughout our entire evening, and Meredith made me feel completely at ease. We absolutely loved our wedding, and our guests are continuing to reach out to tell us it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. We highly recommend The Winery at Bull Run for your event!

Sent on 06/26/2019

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Sandra, thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so happy that we could be the perfect location for your special day! On behalf of our event management staff, we are thrilled we could help make this day run as smoothly as possible for you and all your guests. Looking forward to seeing you back again soon–cheers!
  • Andy

Andy · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceeded Our Expectations

Bull Run was on top of everything and you can count on them to make your day be smooth and stress free. They meet with you and plan out everything and then give you emails back with the details to make sure everyone is on the same page. Amanda and Meredith were easy to reach and talk to during the process and were right there during the ceremony and reception to make sure of every detail.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Campbell · Married on 05/26/2018

If you start pricing getting married at a Virginia Winery, you will quickly find how outrageous the pricing is. We picked Bull Run Winery for the great location, along with all the extras that came with booking with the venue, such as free hotel shuttle, proximity to the airport and accessibility to highways, day of coordinator, and included set up/tear down of tables/chairs. Bull Run did an amazing job and is such a beautiful venue. The day of the wedding was amazing. Sarah was the day of coordinator and did the best job coordinating with the vendors and making sure everything went smoothly. The scenery was awesome and the pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 06/27/2018

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Campbell, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We could not be happier that your wedding day went the way you hoped. We are glad to hear Sarah helped your day go smoothly, and that you enjoyed the scenery so much (the pictures are gorgeous)! Thank you for celebrating your special day with us, we hope to see you back again soon, cheers!

Kristen · Married on 04/14/2018

Beautiful venue and the staff is very accommodating. It is slightly odd to have a private event when the venue is in full operation but the staff managed it very well and kept patrons from being disruptive. We lucked out with beautiful spring weather which added to the ease of the day! Totally recommend!

Sent on 06/08/2018

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your wedding, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave such a kind review, Kristen! We are so glad we could be the beautiful backdrop for your wedding, and that our special events staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you back again soon, cheers!

Stacy · Married on 08/26/2017

My husband and I are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run. We found the Winery on WeddingWire and fell in love with venue as soon as we arrived. The venue consists of gorgeous rolling hills and vineyards along the side of a historic battle ground. Eddie showed us the property and convinced us of how amazing the venue was. We were set! Amanda the event coordinator was able to answer any and every question we had along the way. We had a walk through about 2 months before that was great to see how everything was going to fall in place.
    As our wedding day got closer, my husband and I were worried about not being able to arrive to the venue until two hours prior to the ceremony. It was a challenge to accommodate this for delivering our decorations, alcohol, and flowers. Thankfully, our families were very helpful in that regard and helped us a great deal. We decided to take first look and bridal party pictures at a near by park earlier in the deal which eased our conscience and was well worth it. As the winery is open to the public during your ceremony, it was very crowded the day of our wedding and would have limited the options for our pictures. That being said, the Winery being open to the public the during our ceremony had absolutely no impact on us. Our ceremony was beautiful and intimate which was just what we wanted.
    Having spent so much time on making decorations and planning centerpieces and other decorations, we were very nervous to have them be setup by someone else. However, Amanda and her assistant Sarah surpassed our expectations and made the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception area look absolutely stunning.
    The wine was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about it! They also thought the venue was stunning which was a huge plus!
    Amanda and Sarah worked very closely with all of our vendors to ensure we had a perfect day. We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Amy · Married on 08/05/2017

What an amazing venue! The team here does a great job. You can tell they've done a lot of weddings and know how to do them well. We rented the entire venue which in addition to being gorgeous is such great value because your guests have use of the outdoor space in addition to indoors! The wine is fantastic, and unlike a lot of other places you don't have to pre-buy - you're charged on consumption and just pay the tab at the end of the night. So easy. You don't need a lot of decor because all of the settings (Hillwood Ruins, Barrel Room, and Tasting Room) are already beautiful on their own. Thanks to Amanda and the rest of the TWBAR team for a phenomenal wedding day!

Sent on 08/08/2017