The Winds Resort Beach Club Reviews

The Winds Resort Beach Club 5
The Winds Resort Beach Club 6
The Winds Resort Beach Club 7

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2018

Stephanie and her staff made my plans a reality!
    I had many questions, she patiently answered through the process, so I could make a detailed plan. Since I knew what I wanted, spelled it out, and didn’t expect her to read my mind, she and implemented everything with professionalism and a sweet attitude - I couldn’t have asked for more!
    There are structured pkgs, upon which to build a dream wedding that helps you budget. If you want The Winds to provide more of the services, those are available, or you can provide >\< items yourself.
    If you have something in mind, she will help you make it happen. If you want to show up and go with whatever, she can do that too. But it’s like voting. If you don’t vote you can’t complain.
    The Winds is in the process of fixing up its rooms. The rooms I saw and stayed in were very nice. It’s a beach “resort”. If you want hooty flooty this may not be it. You need to go down and check it out.
    Compared to Marriott, price-wise, this is better for smaller weddings. ELIZABETH is your contact for room blocks.
    Having a coordinator on staff is why I chose The Winds. That, and the relative affordability for guests ($$$. As opposed to other “all-in-one” venues that were $$$$ or $$$$$). Not cheap but doable.
    The beach chairs and arbor were set up and we (my family) decorated them. I took gifts down the week before for them to put in my guest’s rooms - including snack and bottle of water.
    I provided reception decor and hired my own photo booth operator. Stephanie provided flowers, food and cake via her vendors - they were all exceptional!
    The tent was beautiful for reception (smaller rooms available if better for you) Fairchildbecca@aol.com
    Feel free to contact me for more info. about my experience with The Winds. If you want help planning your details for your event, I work for a printing company and am a graphic designer -have a knack for turning ideas into items and experiences!
    My guests raved! Better than $$$$ weddings!

The Winds Resort Beach Club 8
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 15
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 16
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 17

kaycee · Married on 07/07/2018

I picked the Winds Resort sight unseen. I wanted something on a beach, with a reception area and the least amount of hassle possible. Being an elementary teacher trying to plan a wedding in six months is stressful enough! Once I found the Winds, my stress for the wedding was gone. Stephanie helped me plan a beautiful wedding! I sent her pictures and she booked everything for me. I never had to call a vendor one! She took care of every detail I asked for. Of course it rained on our wedding day! The Winds staff was flexible enough to swap our cocktail hour and our ceremony times. My wedding was pushed back an hour and 74 degrees in July! Talk about a southern girls dream! I walked into my reception tent without having lifted a finger! It was decorated better than I could imagine! Stephanie, you and your staff blew me away! I am so glad we picked the Winds Resort! Jeff and I can’t wait to come back and vacation on this cute little island!

The Winds Resort Beach Club 18
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 24
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 25
    The Winds Resort Beach Club 26

Kim · Married on 09/26/2015

We were married on September 26,2015 in Ocean Isle Beach at The Winds. Our wedding was exactly as I had imagined it in my head. It couldn't have been anymore perfect! Mel, Darlene and the rest of the staff are Fantastic and know exactly what they are doing! We will definitely be back to visit in the near future!

It was an absolute pleasure working with The Winds Resort to plan our wedding ceremony. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely professional and the everything that was promised to us was provided. We would highly recommend hosting your wedding ceremony at The Winds as they will be sure to exceed your expectations on your wedding day.

Lindsay · Married on 07/11/2015

The ceremony was absolutely wonderful. The bridge had a lot of traffic and when one of the grandmother's didn't arrive in time, they postponed (which some wouldn't have) just so that she was able to witness the ceremony. I remember Mel saying "We never hold the wedding start time...except for grandmothers..." What a relief! Mel and her crew took care of everything. It was perfect from planning stages to the end result. I would recommend this venue for anybody looking for a wedding on the beach!

Mel and Darlene are the most amazing people! They were always so helpful and flexible. I would be concerned about something and they always took the time to help me and make sure that I was happy with the way the problem was solved. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding place, I live in Maryland, so I did everything online and they made it super easy and convenient. I would do it all over again if I could.

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2015

The entire week before my wedding I kept being reassured by friends and family that inevitably there would be hiccups on my wedding day. This statement could not have been further from the truth and everything went flawless. Planning my wedding with Mel and Darlene was so easy and they were both always ready to answer any question no matter how small! From the moment we checked in with Gary, who greeted us with a hug, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Vinnie had the arbor and chairs set up perfectly and went above and beyond making sure my special aisle decorations made it down to the beach. I had emailed a picture of my ideal bouquet from Pinterest a couple weeks prior and when Mel and Darlene brought it to my room right before the ceremony - it took my breath away. I had brought my own table decorations and the morning of the wedding took them down to set up. Sheila was down in the tent and insisted this was my day to enjoy and handled all my table decorations and could not believe what an incredible job she did creating my perfect space for my reception.

Our night was magical and Joe kept the party rocking and Corey and Erin captured every moment perfectly (can't wait to see the pictures) Upon retiring to our room we were delighted to find our fridge fully stocked with plates from the reception and our left over cupcakes which were a welcomed late night snack. Perfect would be an understatement for my wedding at The Winds - I am so grateful for everyone there and all the love they put into my special day!

Ginger · Married on 05/23/2015

My daughter had the PERFECT wedding! You say there's no such thing...well, hers was. We checked out the Winds Resort in July 2014 while down at Myrtle Beach. We booked it immediately because of the reviews, the location, and the quaint feel of it. We live 7 hours away and Mel/Darlene made the wedding planning so so easy! I kept on thinking I was "missing something" as I was so free to enjoy the showers and was not stressed out like so many of my friends during the planning of their children's weddings. The day of the wedding ran so smooth! The wedding went off without a hitch. I was a little worried about not having my hands in every little thing but believe me, you are in great hands with Mel/Darlene. Everyone they suggested was GREAT. The DJ was awesome, hair & makeup awesome, the videographer awesome, photographer, etc.

We had over 100 guest come to this destination wedding and they all LOVED the Winds Resort. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is so good, everyone loved the Tiki bar, well just everything was great!

If you're thinking about a destination wedding...choose THE WINDS RESORT!

Kelly · Married on 04/25/2015

They were absolutely amazing! I am so thankful we chose The Winds for our special day! It could not have been any better!!! ????

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

There are not enough words to describe how happy we are that we booked our wedding at The Winds Resort. Everything was flawless from signing the contract to saying goodnight the night of our reception. We owe the ease of our experience to Mel and Darlene - without them I am positive that our wedding would not have been what it was. From setting up the room block (thank you Audrey!) to welcoming our guests, to setting up our tastings, and wedding day events - the Winds wedding and resort teams were THE BEST that we have ever experienced. They anticipate your needs, and before you even realize you need something - you already have it. Mel and Darlene are experts in their field and have a true passion for what they do. In a heartbeat I would recommend anyone and everyone to get married at the Winds. You will not regret it!!

Kristin · Married on 06/29/2014

Our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was so well put together and they are completely wonderful at the winds.

Macy · Married on 05/24/2014

We just had our wedding at The Winds on May 24th, 2014. Mel and Darlene were amazing to work with. We planned our wedding out of state, and they were both very attentive to everything we wanted. The entire staff at The Winds is very nice and professional, and they really make you feel right at home. They help a lot to calm your nerves, and the overall experience of the wedding is just amazing. I strongly recommend the guitar player, he went above and beyond our expectations. He was very fun, and had all of our guests dancing for hours.

Absolutely perfect! Mel and Darlene are the best to work with. Great location for a quaint beach wedding - beautiful landscaping!

Leslie · Married on 09/14/2013

Our Wedding was perfect!! So glad we found you guys! Mel and Darlene were awesome! We couldn't have ask for a better pair to help make our day special! We look forward to making many more memories at The Winds!

Megan · Married on 09/01/2013

Mel was a phenomenal event coordinator and was a huge blessing in putting exactly what I wanted together flawlessly! For flowers, cakes, dj, etc she uses the best vendors in the area to collaborate with. I would recommend the Winds Resort for anyone who wants a beautiful beach wedding for their special day! -Megan

Traci · Married on 07/13/2013

The Winds was a wonderful place to have my dream of a beach wedding. The staff was extremely helpful, professional and available to help and answer all of my questions. I would enthusiastically recommend The Winds for any event, especially a wedding!

The Winds Resort was a fantastic place to get married! Mel and her staff took care of every detail. I had a stress free wedding because of the staff at The Winds Resort. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to get married at the beach!

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2012

I truly had the wedding I dreamed about since I was a little girl. I loved working with Mel O'Daniels and her help/ input was invaluable to me throughout the planning process. She really made sure that I felt super special and I did. She helped me make last minute changes to my decor and my menu. I would reccommend brides using the Winds for a wedding venue without a question or doubt in my mind. Everything was great and easy to do- I didn't have the standard freak outs or panics because vendors were handled and suggested. This took all of the stress out of the wedding planning and left only the fun part.

As far as the ceremony and reception goes- everything was wonderful. The location was beautiful and the reception area looked amazing (and took my breath away.

• User2991909 · 2+ years ago

My Wedding day was beautiful and stress free thanks to Mel and her team! Even before the wedding day, during the planning, she was quick to get things done and was so kind and helpful. I never had to stress or worry about anything because I knew she was planning it all so well. The day of the wedding, she was there every step of the way and made sure everything was just right to make our dream beach wedding come true! Highly recommend

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2012

When I initially planned my Wedding it was for a Friday. However, I am a Musical Theater performer and it is very hard to plan when I will book work. One month before the wedding I booked a job that I could not turn down and it was going to conflict with the Friday of the Wedding. So in one month I changed the date of my wedding and The Winds were so calm and accommodating. They really went to all lengths of making my day perfect, stress-free, and special for my groom and I. They even provided the Ice Cream Sundae bar we dreamed about and all the guests were impressed.

Jeannie · Married on 06/15/2012

Mel and Kim, the event planners, at The Winds were so amazing and attentive! I visited a couple of other venues at the beach to try and decide the best option, and right from the get go Mel was super friendly, organized and professional. She gave me the impression that she actually cared and takes great pride in what she was doing. Her and Kim both were very attentive, if I emailed them they would respond back within a couple of hours. I would definitely trust them with future events and highly recommend them to future brides out there.

Rhonda · Married on 05/27/2012

I was at The Winds for a full week for my wedding & honeymoon in May 2012. It was great, the staff are all so friendly and bend over backwards to help fill your needs. Everything was truly perfect, there's nothing I wish I could go back and 're-do'. Their attention to detail is very comforting to a bride that already has 100 things to worry about on the big day.
    The property is so nice & quaint and relaxed. It is well kept. I prefer this to the huge, 20-story hi-rises in PCB or Destin. The natural surroundings and non-commercialism is such a breath of fresh air.
    While searching for a wedding venue, I visited The Winds in January & was shown several different rooms, there are many floorplans to choose from.
    The pool & deck area were tidy & clean, and the Tiki Bar was definitely a favorite of everyone in my wedding party! And the food from the Tiki Bar was surprisingly good.
    Everyone that came to my wedding (41 people) were very well pleased with the accommodations and all had a wonderful, relaxing time.

Room Tip: First floor has no ocean view. The Wisteria room is very small. The Hibiscus was my favorite floorpl...

Kelsey · Married on 05/12/2012

We got married on 7-16-17 and the whole experience could not have been more perfect! All the way from planning to the big day, the entire experience was stress free and flawless! If you want a wedding on a beach, do it here! Could not more highly recommend the entire staff, services, and location! Best day of our life, truly perfect!

Syndi · Married on 10/22/2011

I can't say enough good things about The Winds Resort. The resort is quaint, beautiful, and well- kept. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding weekend; it was exactly what I thought our wedding experience would be like. If you imagine your wedding at a serene and beautiful location where you can celebrate with your family and friends then The Winds Resort is ideal. We loved the relaxed, family feel. We loved it so much we went back for our one year anniversary and we plan on visiting for future anniversaries. Mel, the wedding coordinator, is really down to earth, helpful and easy to work with; she understands that each bride is an individual.