45 Reviews for The Winds Resort

Drapery (2)
China (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Outside Vendors (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Furniture (1)
45 The Winds Resort Reviews

Stephanie and her staff made my plans a reality!
I had many questions, she patiently answered through the process, so I could make a detailed plan. Since I knew what I wanted, spelled it out, and didn’t expect her to read my mind, she and implemented everything with professionalism and a sweet attitude - I couldn’t have asked for more!
There are structured pkgs, upon which to build a dream wedding that helps you budget. If you want The Winds to provide more of the services, those are available, or you can provide >\

Photos
Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married on September 26,2015 in Ocean Isle Beach at The Winds. Our wedding was exactly as I had imagined it in my head. It couldn't have been anymore perfect! Mel, Darlene and the rest of the staff are Fantastic and know exactly what they are doing! We will definitely be back to visit in the near future!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet

It was an absolute pleasure working with The Winds Resort to plan our wedding ceremony. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely professional and the everything that was promised to us was provided. We would highly recommend hosting your wedding ceremony at The Winds as they will be sure to exceed your expectations on your wedding day.

Profile Picture User6446536, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The ceremony was absolutely wonderful. The bridge had a lot of traffic and when one of the grandmother's didn't arrive in time, they postponed (which some wouldn't have) just so that she was able to witness the ceremony. I remember Mel saying "We never hold the wedding start time...except for grandmothers..." What a relief! Mel and her crew took care of everything. It was perfect from planning stages to the end result. I would recommend this venue for anybody looking for a wedding on the beach!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking

Mel and Darlene are the most amazing people! They were always so helpful and flexible. I would be concerned about something and they always took the time to help me and make sure that I was happy with the way the problem was solved. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding place, I live in Maryland, so I did everything online and they made it super easy and convenient. I would do it all over again if I could.

Profile Picture User6410153, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire week before my wedding I kept being reassured by friends and family that inevitably there would be hiccups on my wedding day. This statement could not have been further from the truth and everything went flawless. Planning my wedding with Mel and Darlene was so easy and they were both always ready to answer any question no matter how small! From the moment we checked in with Gary, who greeted us with a hug, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Vinnie had the arbor and chairs set up perfectly and went above and beyond making sure my special aisle decorations made it down to the beach. I had emailed a picture of my ideal bouquet from Pinterest a couple weeks prior and when Mel and Darlene brought it to my room right before the ceremony - it took my breath away. I had brought my own table decorations and the morning of the wedding took them down to set up. Sheila was down in the tent and insisted this was my day to enjoy and handled all my table decorations and could not believe what an incredible job she did creating my perfect space for my reception.

Our night was magical and Joe kept the party rocking and Corey and Erin captured every moment perfectly (can't wait to see the pictures) Upon retiring to our room we were delighted to find our fridge fully stocked with plates from the reception and our left over cupcakes which were a welcomed late night snack. Perfect would be an understatement for my wedding at The Winds - I am so grateful for everyone there and all the love they put into my special day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had the PERFECT wedding! You say there's no such thing...well, hers was. We checked out the Winds Resort in July 2014 while down at Myrtle Beach. We booked it immediately because of the reviews, the location, and the quaint feel of it. We live 7 hours away and Mel/Darlene made the wedding planning so so easy! I kept on thinking I was "missing something" as I was so free to enjoy the showers and was not stressed out like so many of my friends during the planning of their children's weddings. The day of the wedding ran so smooth! The wedding went off without a hitch. I was a little worried about not having my hands in every little thing but believe me, you are in great hands with Mel/Darlene. Everyone they suggested was GREAT. The DJ was awesome, hair & makeup awesome, the videographer awesome, photographer, etc.

We had over 100 guest come to this destination wedding and they all LOVED the Winds Resort. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is so good, everyone loved the Tiki bar, well just everything was great!

If you're thinking about a destination wedding...choose THE WINDS RESORT!

Profile Picture Ginger, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Planning

They were absolutely amazing! I am so thankful we chose The Winds for our special day! It could not have been any better!!! ????

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to describe how happy we are that we booked our wedding at The Winds Resort. Everything was flawless from signing the contract to saying goodnight the night of our reception. We owe the ease of our experience to Mel and Darlene - without them I am positive that our wedding would not have been what it was. From setting up the room block (thank you Audrey!) to welcoming our guests, to setting up our tastings, and wedding day events - the Winds wedding and resort teams were THE BEST that we have ever experienced. They anticipate your needs, and before you even realize you need something - you already have it. Mel and Darlene are experts in their field and have a true passion for what they do. In a heartbeat I would recommend anyone and everyone to get married at the Winds. You will not regret it!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was so well put together and they are completely wonderful at the winds.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We just had our wedding at The Winds on May 24th, 2014. Mel and Darlene were amazing to work with. We planned our wedding out of state, and they were both very attentive to everything we wanted. The entire staff at The Winds is very nice and professional, and they really make you feel right at home. They help a lot to calm your nerves, and the overall experience of the wedding is just amazing. I strongly recommend the guitar player, he went above and beyond our expectations. He was very fun, and had all of our guests dancing for hours.

Profile Picture Macy , 5/24/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

Absolutely perfect! Mel and Darlene are the best to work with. Great location for a quaint beach wedding - beautiful landscaping!

Profile Picture Genny, 4/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Wedding was perfect!! So glad we found you guys! Mel and Darlene were awesome! We couldn't have ask for a better pair to help make our day special! We look forward to making many more memories at The Winds!

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mel was a phenomenal event coordinator and was a huge blessing in putting exactly what I wanted together flawlessly! For flowers, cakes, dj, etc she uses the best vendors in the area to collaborate with. I would recommend the Winds Resort for anyone who wants a beautiful beach wedding for their special day! -Megan

Profile Picture Megan, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Winds was a wonderful place to have my dream of a beach wedding. The staff was extremely helpful, professional and available to help and answer all of my questions. I would enthusiastically recommend The Winds for any event, especially a wedding!

Profile Picture Traci, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Wedding Planning

The Winds Resort was a fantastic place to get married! Mel and her staff took care of every detail. I had a stress free wedding because of the staff at The Winds Resort. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to get married at the beach!

Profile Picture User3555567, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I truly had the wedding I dreamed about since I was a little girl. I loved working with Mel O'Daniels and her help/ input was invaluable to me throughout the planning process. She really made sure that I felt super special and I did. She helped me make last minute changes to my decor and my menu. I would reccommend brides using the Winds for a wedding venue without a question or doubt in my mind. Everything was great and easy to do- I didn't have the standard freak outs or panics because vendors were handled and suggested. This took all of the stress out of the wedding planning and left only the fun part.

As far as the ceremony and reception goes- everything was wonderful. The location was beautiful and the reception area looked amazing (and took my breath away.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My Wedding day was beautiful and stress free thanks to Mel and her team! Even before the wedding day, during the planning, she was quick to get things done and was so kind and helpful. I never had to stress or worry about anything because I knew she was planning it all so well. The day of the wedding, she was there every step of the way and made sure everything was just right to make our dream beach wedding come true! Highly recommend

Profile Picture Jeanne, 9/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I initially planned my Wedding it was for a Friday. However, I am a Musical Theater performer and it is very hard to plan when I will book work. One month before the wedding I booked a job that I could not turn down and it was going to conflict with the Friday of the Wedding. So in one month I changed the date of my wedding and The Winds were so calm and accommodating. They really went to all lengths of making my day perfect, stress-free, and special for my groom and I. They even provided the Ice Cream Sundae bar we dreamed about and all the guests were impressed.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Mel and Kim, the event planners, at The Winds were so amazing and attentive! I visited a couple of other venues at the beach to try and decide the best option, and right from the get go Mel was super friendly, organized and professional. She gave me the impression that she actually cared and takes great pride in what she was doing. Her and Kim both were very attentive, if I emailed them they would respond back within a couple of hours. I would definitely trust them with future events and highly recommend them to future brides out there.

Profile Picture Jeannie, 6/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I was at The Winds for a full week for my wedding & honeymoon in May 2012. It was great, the staff are all so friendly and bend over backwards to help fill your needs. Everything was truly perfect, there's nothing I wish I could go back and 're-do'. Their attention to detail is very comforting to a bride that already has 100 things to worry about on the big day.
The property is so nice & quaint and relaxed. It is well kept. I prefer this to the huge, 20-story hi-rises in PCB or Destin. The natural surroundings and non-commercialism is such a breath of fresh air.
While searching for a wedding venue, I visited The Winds in January & was shown several different rooms, there are many floorplans to choose from.
The pool & deck area were tidy & clean, and the Tiki Bar was definitely a favorite of everyone in my wedding party! And the food from the Tiki Bar was surprisingly good.
Everyone that came to my wedding (41 people) were very well pleased with the accommodations and all had a wonderful, relaxing time.

Room Tip: First floor has no ocean view. The Wisteria room is very small. The Hibiscus was my favorite floorpl...

Profile Picture Rhonda, 5/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant

We got married on 7-16-17 and the whole experience could not have been more perfect! All the way from planning to the big day, the entire experience was stress free and flawless! If you want a wedding on a beach, do it here! Could not more highly recommend the entire staff, services, and location! Best day of our life, truly perfect!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

I can't say enough good things about The Winds Resort. The resort is quaint, beautiful, and well- kept. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding weekend; it was exactly what I thought our wedding experience would be like. If you imagine your wedding at a serene and beautiful location where you can celebrate with your family and friends then The Winds Resort is ideal. We loved the relaxed, family feel. We loved it so much we went back for our one year anniversary and we plan on visiting for future anniversaries. Mel, the wedding coordinator, is really down to earth, helpful and easy to work with; she understands that each bride is an individual.

Profile Picture Syndi, 10/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mel was wonderful! I felt the day was important to her as well. Everything went beautifully on our special day.

Profile Picture User2965482, 2+ years ago, 1 Review