The Wimbish House Reviews

The Wimbish House 6
The Wimbish House 7
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 04/28/2013

The Wimbish House was absolutely a perfect venue for our big day! The venue itself is stunning and the location is in one of the most desirable parts of the city. The minute my father and I walked in, Beth made us feel so comfortable in her knowledge of how things should go and her being on top of all of our needs. I emailed her and requested tours of the venue several times and she never seemed frustrated or like she didn't have time for me. The only thing that was a slight issue was being able to hear the music from Opera next door during the ceremony. This is something that Beth warned us about up front and called to let me know that there was an event that would overlap our time only if it rained, and it just so happened to pour on our wedding day! Everything was so beautiful that people hardly seemed to notice though. Every room in this house is decorated to perfection, and I would reccommend it to any bride looking for a gorgeous wedding right in the middle of the city!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Shannon · Married on 02/09/2013

We found Wimbish House through internet research and were excited when we found it. It was just the right size for our 125 guest wedding and we loved that no space within the house was off-limits to guests. Wimbish is a beautiful old house that has a light, clean and welcoming feel to it. We loved its location, too. It's right off of Peacthree in the heart of the city in Midtown. We had guests coming from across the country and so we liked that they got a true taste of Atlanta. Not to mention, there are several hotels (Four Seasons, Marriott Suites Midtown) that are just a short 3-5 minute walk from Wimbish. We worked with the event coordinator Beth and she was fantastic. She was very organized, responsive and happy to provide suggestions about things if we asked. There was nothing about the Wimbish House we didn't love and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 03/02/2013
  • Mrs.Davis n 2011

Ebony · Married on 07/16/2011

WOW Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! The Wimbish House is an amazing venue. Beth is sooooo helpful. After having a bad experiemce with another venue, I booked The Wimbish House two months before my wedding and Beth was so patient while I basically started from scratch with my planning. Not to mention the place is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Ebony & Chris
    July 16, 2011

Sent on 07/27/2011

Kristi · Married on 08/07/2010

Being a member of the Atlanta Woman's Club, I also knew that I wanted to have my reception at the Wimbish House. What I didn't know after becoming so familiar with the house, is how blown away my guest would be by its beauty. How blown away I'd be when I saw its transformation on my wedding day. I knew working with Beth would be an enjoyable experience, mainly because she has a good working relationship with most of Atlanta's best vendors. But again, I didn't realize how important it would be until it was time to work out the fine details. Beth was beyond flexible, allowing us to bring our beverages days in advance as well as any decorations we had that they would need the day of. She set up a meeting with all of our vendors, taking us around the house and planning where everything would go so that on the day of there wouldn't be any questions. It was a pleasure working with Beth and I would recommend any bride-to-be looking for a unique Atlanta location to contact the Wimbish House.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 03/03/2018

Wimbish House was an excellent location to get married. I had a beautiful wedding there with Karin’s help. The location is awesome, venue is beautiful and service is wonderful.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Erin · Married on 09/09/2017

The Wimbish House made our wedding so special. A beautiful location in Midtown that is both elegant and intimate. The space is so well appointed that minimal additional decor was required. We hired Karin Holben as our day-of coordinator. She made our day run smoothly and ensured every detail was covered. She was very flexible with my schedule and gave honest opinions on vendors and decor. One of the things we appreciated the most was arranging for my husband and I to have a private moment to ourselves when we arrived from the church with dinner and champagne.

Our guests couldn't stop talking about what an amazing time they had and how great the venue was.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2016

Beautiful venue set in Midtown Atlanta. Intimate setting.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Amazing to work with! Available November 14th if anyone is still In need of a venue!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Sam · Married on 09/05/2014

It's a beautiful historical house tucked in between huge buildings in Midtown. My husband and I wanted a historical venue for our wedding, and had checked out some of the usual venues around Atlanta, like Rhodes Hall, Fox Theater, etc. For value, location, decor, and convenience, The Wimbish House definitely trumped everything else.

The interior is quietly elegant. The only decorations we provided were flowers and such for the fireplaces, but the place really didn't need them. There are several rooms for chatting guests and a dining room on the main floor. The ballroom is below stairs and completely perfect for what we needed (side doors for vendors' entrance, small stage for the ceremony, discreet kitchen doors). Upstairs were two separate floors for the bridal party and the groomsmen to get ready. There are rooms up there beautiful enough to take pictures in, and with the stairs, elevator, and different floors, it was easy to keep my fiance and me from seeing each other. That's another bonus: the elevator was great for my father, who can't climb stairs very well. The front porch had been redone before our wedding and there was room for a couple of tables. There's a charge if you go with caterers off the approved list, but the listed caterers are wonderful. Security on our wedding night was friendly and helpful when it came time for our getaway.

There are a few rules about confetti, sparklers, etc, but we didn't mind. It's important to remember that this place is not just a venue. It's also a historical home still used as HQ by the Atlanta Women's Club. Making modifications to some of our plans was easy to preserve the integrity of the WH and it was still a wonderful place for a wedding. Some married guests mentioned they wished they had known about The Wimbish for their wedding! Beth was great and responsive when it came to questions and the walk-throughs. If you're getting married in Atlanta, I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 09/18/2014

The most beautiful venue in Atlanta!!!

Sent on 02/13/2014
  • Nullissa

Nullissa · Married on 05/26/2013

The Wimbish House is a gorgeous venue!! Very classy and elegant place to have your wedding. Excellent location in the heart of Midtown yet still has southern charm on the inside. I actually booked this venue without seeing it in person and was not disappointed. My guests absolutely loved it and are still talking about how lovely the place is. Beth was very helpful and is very responsive to any question or concern you may have. There is ample space for the wedding party to get ready in and the place doesn't need much decorations. It's beautiful on its own. I would highly recommend having your wedding here. :)

Sent on 06/08/2013

Prerna · Married on 01/29/2011

Beth at the Wimbish House was great with setting us up for our wedding ceremony & reception at the Wimbish House. She was very responsive via email and phone and easily adjusted to whatever changes we made. The house has a beautiful setup inside. It has different areas to have various functions and has a very charming feel to it. It already has its own decoration so we barely had to add any more. Even though our guest size (50) was small, we still fit very nicely in both the parlor for the cocktail hour and the hall for the ceremony and reception. Wimbish House is a great place for an event and we highly recommend it. Thank you! – Prerna & Jelle

Sent on 04/03/2011

Astrid · Married on 05/30/2010

The Atlanta Woman's Club (aka Wimbish House) was super-helpful in accommodating me through the pre-wedding stages. Beth Beery, the event coordinator there, never complained about me going mainly through e-mail to ask questions related to the venue and the event, to schedule meetings, etc. :) I always received e-mail responses within a few days, and Beth was also always available via phone. The hostess on the day of the event, Diane, was also helpful and courteous to my bridal party as well as guests.

The value for the money was good, as well. We initially chose the Wimbish House because we wanted to have an in-town wedding in a charming/cool venue that didn't cost us an arm and a leg. Our first choices were the Trolley Barn and Piedmont Park, but since our wedding date was the Sunday before Memorial Day, those venues were already booked up by the time we got around to it. Then, we went to a bridal show in downtown Atlanta. The Atlanta Woman's Club/Wimbish House had a booth there and someone was passing out pamphlets about the venue. We took a pamphlet because the prices looked VERY affordable on our limited budget, but we didn't get serious about the venue until after having a walkthrough. It was PERFECT! The house was so ornate and charming that I knew we'd have to do very limited decorating, if any at all. Maybe some flowers here and there, but it was cute the way it was.

So, I highly recommend the Wimbish House as a wedding venue. The staff are very knowledgeable about weddings and know a lot of vendors in the biz. They're super helpful and really want to see your special day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 06/22/2010
  • Madelyn

Madelyn Wing · Married on 03/30/2019

Best wedding venue in Atlanta!

We chose the Wimbish House for the following reasons: it's beautiful and traditional; proximity to hotels (all of our guests could walk home); they allow all a la carte vendors; and it was by far the cleanest venue I toured. It's pristinely kept up, and made for amazing pictures. Can't beat it for the price!

Not only did they live up to the hype of all of those things, but we used Karin as our day-of-coordinator and she knocked it out of the park. My makeup artist mentioned I was "the chillest" bride she's ever worked with, and I can honestly say I was so relaxed because I knew Karin had everything covered. Not only that, she let us come and visit the venue whenever we needed to to keep things straight.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    The Wimbish House 8

Lauren · Married on 12/30/2018

Gem of a venue right in the heart of midtown

The Wimbish is such a warm, wonderful place to get married. We also got married during the holiday season and got to take advantage of their STUNNING holiday decor. Karin is a thorough, detailed, communicative professional. It is also very competitively priced for an "in town" Atlanta venue. Highly recommend if you're looking in the 100-140 guest count range!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Robin · Married on 01/21/2017

Book this venue, and spend the extra money to have Karin be your day of coordinator. She is worth her weight in gold the day of. To me the bride, nothing went wrong at all the day of. I'm sure a ton of stuff did, but Karin handled everything and never let me find out. You wont regret booking the venue (so beautiful) or hiring Karin.

Sent on 02/15/2017
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/24/2015

The Wimbish House was a beautiful wedding venue. Very few decorations were needed because the space is very beautiful. It also has a lot of different spaces that allowed for great flow between ceremony and reception and party and socializing. I had a good experience with Karin, our lead contact, and with Diane, who oversaw our event on the day of. I would definitely recommend to anyone getting married in Atlanta.

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • Lashunda

Lashunda · Married on 05/18/2014

The Wimbish House was great for our Old Hollywood styled wedding. The venue is classic, elegant, and especially stunning with uplighting. Our guests loooved it! Beth was very helpful from beginning to end.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Simone · Married on 06/01/2018

Loved the venue and so did all of our guests! We had a wedding planner so I can't speak on the services they offer, but the staff is very professional and accommodating. They have great preferred vendors on the catering list (we used Endive), so if you stick with thier list they are very reasonably priced. You can also bring in your own liquor which is a huge money saver!!!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    The Wimbish House 9
    The Wimbish House 10
    The Wimbish House 11

Natalie · Married on 07/23/2016

3.0

We had our reception at the Wimbish House. For the price, location, and BYOB it's a hidden (but not too hidden) gem in midtown. Karin is amazing and a wonderful resource. I loved that the price on all the information sheets is what you pay. The house is beautiful. We had 130 guests for a family style dinner and band. It was a tight fit but cozy! We also used one of the rooms on the top floor as a babysitting room for the little kids. The location allowed us to have the sparkler exit I wanted and walk to the Four Seasons after the reception!

Sent on 12/10/2016
  • TheNewMrsJ

yvonne · Married on 08/24/2013

3.0

The Wimbish House is simply BEAUTIFUL and I loved working with Beth. I was looking for a venue where we could supply our own caterer and bartender/bar. Not only was The Wimbish House just that, but it was also reasonably priced for such a breathtaking venue. I loved that this historical home on Peachtree street was so unique and honestly didn't need much decorating at all...it is beautiful all by itself. It was a great location for a Downtown Atlanta wedding weekend. It was close to all the sites and nightlife for my out of town guests and I received so many compliments on how people had never been to a wedding in such a unique beautiful venue before. I will warn you, this venue DOES have some very strict rules to obeyed to that for some brides can be a pain. They have strict wedding timelines and rehearsal timelines and do not allow little things you may have wanted like sparkler exits or any fresh rose pedals on the ground except white. We also had to change our wedding ceremony time at the last minute because the Opera House Night Club that sits behind The Wimbish House scheduled a large loud event for the same time and you can hear the music from the club in the ceremony room of the venue if it's quiet like during a ceremony. I do have to say that Beth warned me that this COULD HAPPEN when I booked the venue last year. She has also assured me that they are working on the houses soundproofing for future brides. Other than these little things, I personally think the Wimbish House is one of the best well kept secrets out here when it comes to Atlanta wedding venues. So give Beth Beery a call!

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • Patricia

Patricia Trutie · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Venue

The Wimbish House was a gorgeous venue to get married in. Karina was such a great contact to work with. There are a lot of strict rules at Wimbish House and a list of approved caterers to work with but overall a great experience. It's a very pricey venue but with the Christmas decorations up - we received nothing but compliments.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Lindsey · Married on 06/03/2012

3.0

I booked the Wimbish House for my Sunday wedding and was definitely pleased with the value. I'm not sure about the pricing for Friday and Saturday nights, but for Sundays and other weeknights there is a tremendous discount. While the house is beautifully decorated and matched my scheme perfectly, there are many restrictions in place (no candles, no extra lighting) that some brides may find troublesome. For me, having a casual wedding, it wasn't a big deal but they are pretty strict on what can and can't be done. Beth Beery, their coordinator, can be a bit....particular, but was very helpful in helping me find a caterer fairly last minute.

Sent on 07/09/2012

The Wimbish House's reply:

All potential clients are given a copy of our Rules / Regulations when they tour the venue and when they ask for a contract. So, they should be fully aware of all restrictions when they sign a contract with us. Candles are allowed in our venue, as long as the flame is surrounded by glass. This fact is clearly stated in our Rules / Regulations. Our restrictions : Nothing is to be stapled, nailed, taped, or glued to any wall, floor, ceiling, door, stair, railing, or column that is part of the Wimbish House property. Glitter, confetti, sparklers, and loose rose petals (unless fake or white) are not allowed. The pianos must stay in place and the lids must remain upright.

Natalie · Married on 07/23/2016

4.2

Ask Karen about caters in your price range. She has so much knowledge! We did a family-style dinner and band for 130 in the ballroom. It was tight but enough room. For price, location, and being able to bring your own alcohol, The Wimbish allowed us to have the wedding we wanted.

Sent on 12/09/2016

3.0

From the moment I saw this place I knew it had to be my location. They were very knowledgeable and accomodating. They have given me encouragement and guidance as I continue to plan my special day. Even their partners have been just as professional and accomodating. I have no doubt that they will make my special day the fairy tale wedding I've always wanted.

Sent on 09/27/2015