The Wimbish House Reviews

The Wimbish House 6
The Wimbish House 7
  • Z

Zack · Married on 10/14/2017

Could not have dreamed of a better venue! Loved that both the bride and groom get an individual suite. Karin was absolutely amazing to work with!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the pleasure of having our daughter's wedding at The Wimbish House in October. Best decision we made. The venue was perfect and Karin was so helpful. Highly Recommend!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Robin · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose the Wimbish house to host our wedding this past summer. It was a gorgeous venue, accessible for people in wheelchairs, and was elegant and Southern. We had a lot of people (200), and it was able to accommodate my guests. I really don't know what I would have done without Karin and Karina helping me pull this off. I hired Karin as my day of coordinator, and trust me- if you do a wedding here, HIRE THIS SERVICE. I would have come apart otherwise. She kept everyone in line, and our wedding moving along. I didn't have to worry, because she was there.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    The Wimbish House 8
    The Wimbish House 9
    The Wimbish House 10

Donna · Married on 08/26/2017

We hosted our son’s wedding Rehearsal Dinner at The Wimbish House in August 2017. From the first meeting with Karin Holben, we fell in love with the gracious atmosphere and beautiful decor. The facilities are outstanding, and all accommodations were made available to us, ranging from young children to elderly guests’ needs, to serve approximately 100 guests. Our family and friends were so complimentary about the gorgeous surroundings and how smoothly every part of the evening flowed. Karin and staff shepherded us through each phase of planning and worked seamlessly with our caterer, pianist, bartenders and servers. It was a magical evening, flawlessly planned and executed without a single hitch. As hostess, I am so thankful that we chose The WImbish House as our venue.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Gregory · Married on 07/07/2017

We had an excellent experience at this historic home.

Sent on 12/29/2017
    The Wimbish House 11
    The Wimbish House 12
    The Wimbish House 13
    The Wimbish House 14

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding day at Wimbish was everything we wanted and more! Karin and her team were easy to work with and our guests loved this unique venue in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Mattie · Married on 04/22/2017

We can not say enough good things about The Wimbish House and Karin Hobin ! No details went undone and our guests were so complementary ! Wimbish House is a hidden gem for a wedding reception. If you are looking for classic and beautiful The Wimbish House is the place!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/15/2017

Our wedding at The Wimbish House was like I had always dreamed. Karin was absolutely a pleasure to deal with in planning and executing our wedding. She was extremely knowledgeable and built a rapport with us immediately. She was far better prepared than any of the other planner or venue coordinator we dealt with during our search for a venue. She immediately made my fiance and I feel very comfortable and when we left I knew The Wimbish House was the place for us although we had other venues to see that day. After we secured the venue, Karin made herself available any time that we had a question and was very accessible and responsive to us. You can tell she takes a great deal of pride in her work and I was happy to hire her for the day of coordination. She made sure that the wedding went off without a hitch and it truly was a magical day. I could not be happier to recommend The Wimbish House and Karin for their wedding services; they are the best in the business!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Let us tell you how incredible this venue is! First off, it is a steal for the location, ambiance, and capacity that it holds. My fiance and I looked all over the metro Atlanta area and The Wimbish House was extremely competitively priced for a venue of its size, location and quality. The inside is beautiful and the outside is well maintained and makes for phenomenal pictures with a cityscape background. If cityscape isn't your thing the front porch and magnolia tree in the front yard make for great pictures as well. The inside has recently been renovated and casts a very elegant, intimate and classy vibe. Our guests could not stop telling us about how nice it was. Karin Holben, the Venue Manager, meticulously maintains the venue. It is always clean and inviting. The venue also has two pianos that can be used for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I highly recommend this. Having two grand pianos at your disposal (included at no additional charge) is something not to overlook. We could go on and on describing the benefits but you should do yourself a favor and at least go visit it. The venue will speak for itself. Now more about Karin Holben. For a small fee you can use her as your Day Of Planner and she is worth every.last.cent. She knows the ins and outs of that place and it shows from the second you walk in for a tour to the second you enter your getaway car. Honestly, she really shouldn't even call herself the Day Of. She is on your team from the moment you book to the few days concluding your wedding! She knows all the vendors you'll need and will provide you advice and contacts should you ask. She handles the timelines, follows up with your vendors, runs your rehearsal and of course runs point on your big day. In fact, she is there most of the time so she is always thinking about how best to serve you. You will not be disappointed in her or this venue. Do yourself a favor and book a tour.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Lana · Married on 12/30/2016

This is a breathtaking place! Karin and her team were awesome---very responsive and involved. The value for this location and level of service is great. The inclusion of tables and chairs in the price helps a lot. My daughter just got married here last Friday--Dec. 30. We liked the fact that we could purchase and serve our own bar, something that was important to us and is a rare find. The midtown location is convenient for visitors and I love the mansion set amid the skyscrapers of the city. Do not hesitate to choose this venue!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Mandy · Married on 11/05/2016

My fiance and I are renting The Wimbish House for our wedding reception in November. From the beginning, Karin has been extremely positive and helpful through the process with the contract, event planning, helpful vendor references, and other specific questions related to just planning a wedding. I have often said that I am missing the "bride gene" and Karin relieved me of the anxiety of planning our wedding immediately. She has been incredibly attentive and remains to be detailed oriented. I am eternally grateful to The Atlanta Women's Club for their beautiful venue, The Wimbish House, and even more grateful for Karin's assistance during this beautiful time in our lives.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Trish · Married on 10/22/2016

Wimbish stands out from other venues in so many ways: first of all, the property itself is life hosting an event in a beautiful home, having two "levels" for cocktail hour/dinner or wedding attendance/reception. Secondly, Karin Holben and staff are absolutely top notch, professional people who work hard to make your special day seamless! They offer so many "extras" compared with other venues. Really enjoyed our rehearsal dinner here, and would host a wedding or party here in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Elise · Married on 10/15/2016

Selecting a venue and planning a wedding (or any event) can be a stressful process. Karin at The Wimbish House will help guide you through it and minimize this stress. She not only helped me think about what items I should budget for and how much these items typically cost, but also connected me with vendors at pricing that aligned with my comfort level and were of excellent quality. This ultimately resulted in no budget overages or hiccups on my special day. I cannot stress how important her guidance was in making my day perfect! Out of all of the wedding venues I visited, Karin was by far and away the best of the best – very warm, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile.

I visited over 20 venues and found The Wimbish House to be the best value given the quality of the facility and its desirable location. Guests from all walks of life will feel honored to attend an event at this intimate and classy venue. Save yourself some time by starting here…it will make your decision fast and easy. I'm glad I listened to my friend who got married here and said the same to me!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Matthew · Married on 10/01/2016

Fantastic venue with charm and sophistication. Bring your own decorations for the house and property.
    Really easy to work with and set up the rooms.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Corinna · Married on 07/30/2016

Karin was wonderful to work with - very accommodating and friendly. Her recommendations for catering and decor were very helpful - we actually went with companies top on her list and were very happy with them as well. The house is grand and charming all at the same time - with a ballroom attached to it. The location is perfect - walking distance to hotels, restaurants and nightlife so amazing location for our guests all weekend. Very affordable since you can bring your own alcohol which is initially why we chose it. The decor is a little dated but it goes with the house since it's old - I had a decorator come in and "enhance" the feel of the home with draping, lights, candles and floral/greenery - it was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous! If I could do it all over again, my bridal party would have gotten ready here (upstairs) - so that I wouldn't have been late and could have enjoyed the venue longer than I did. No parking obviously b/c it's in Midtown but all of our guests walked from their hotels or took Uber. The flow of the party was exactly what I wanted - front porch chillin, main home loungy with different rooms to talk and sit and then the ballroom for dancing. Perfect venue - so happy we found this hidden Atlanta gem!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Angela · Married on 07/24/2016

It's almost a no-brainer, at least for us it was. The home is gorgeous, understated, well maintained & tastefully decorated. Karin is amazing - reliable, enthusiastic, fun, creative, organized, and on top of it. We actually miss her now that the wedding is over! The open house they did helped us to find vendors - Wimbish House appeared to have been careful in their vendor selection, if maybe a little sparse with the flower selection. We did have difficulty getting someone to do our cake, which was in shape of stacked suitcases so we had to go outside their list. I found my makeup girl from that open house (Thea Marie, who was fantastic), caterer (Affairs To Remember), DJ (Marquee), and drapes to line the walkway down to ballroom.

We had our wedding on a Sunday, and although that wasn't our reason for having it on that day, it saved us some $ as the pricing structure is different. Karin & her assistant were a comforting presence on the day of, telling us where to be & what to do. It was an incredible day & the Wimbish House was the place to have it. Absolutely loved it. Incredibly, I was trying to think of another event we could have there, just to get to come back.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Kalle · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our wedding reception at The Wimbish House in May of this year, and it was absolutely the best decision we made! The venue truly sets the tone for any wedding/reception, and if you book with The Wimbish House, you will have a classy, elegant, romantic setting with a southern charm. The Wimbish House set the bar very high, and all venues we toured afterward lacked in comparison. Not only did we fall in love with it, but we received many comments from our wedding guests and family on how beautiful The Wimbish House is, and how the reception was incredible.
    As beautiful and charming as the venue itself is, the Venue Manager Karin Holben is just as much of an amazing person to work with for your special day. Karin was professional, friendly, patient, enthusiastic, and helpful throughout our entire planning process. Her responsiveness to calls and emails by myself, my (now) husband, family members, etc. was unlike any other vendor we worked with. I'm not very good at decorating, and Karin helped me identify decoration ideas that would work well in the space, and even took measurements for me so I could order the right sizes of things. We also had the pleasure of having Karin as our day-of coordinator, which couldn't have been any better since she knows the venue the best! Our reception went by without a hitch, so much so that we received several comments from guests and the wedding party as to how smoothly everything went - to which my response was, all of the credit for day-of timing and planning goes to Karin! I could go on for several more paragraphs about all of the little details Karin did for us to make sure we were enjoying our day and not worrying (e.g. setting up picture frames and decorations exactly where I wanted, making sure we stuck to the timeline, putting gifts and decorations in my parents' car at the end of the night), and so many more. Bottom line - I would 100% recommend The Wimbish House for any special event!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Words can not express how beautiful our daughter's wedding was! Karin, the event coordinator, was supportive all the way through the planning and execution phase. Karin recommended first class vendors, who in turn provided first class results. On the day of the reception, the Wimbish House staff was responsive and professional, as well. I would highly recommend this venue for your next event!

Sent on 03/14/2016
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 02/13/2016

The Wimbish House is one of those little treasures that creates a magical experience for your special event. We had our reception here and Karin and her staff helped to make it a wonderful event. They were very easy to work with and went out of their way to help us make our day truly the special event that it should be. All of our guests truly enjoyed themselves and all remarked at how beautiful the Wimbish is for an event. Thank you to Karin and all for being such great hosts for us!

Sent on 03/11/2016

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2015

I am the epitome of a cautious comparison shopper, meaning I toured virtually every venue in Atlanta within the $5,000 and under price point. I thought long and hard, made lists, lost sleep, and finally decided to get married at the Wimbish House. I am SOOO glad we did! For the price, there is literally nothing better in Atlanta. I'm sure of it. If you're looking for a gorgeous venue with a homey feel (like, straight up Great Gatsby mansion) and incredible customer service, stop shopping. This is your place.

Full disclosure, I was hesitant at first to book the venue because I was worried about the ballroom; it didn't woo us like the main part of the house did. In fact, after booking, we almost decided to close off the ballroom and just utilize the main part of the house. But instead we took a chance, brought in a bit of uplighting, and had the reception in the ballroom. It completely transformed! It was jaw-dropping stunning. Trust me, a little lighting can go a LONG way. All of our guests had an absolute blast. Everyone commented on how beautiful the entire venue was. The acoustics in the ballroom are killer, too!

To continue, the venue manager, Karin, is a godsend. She was like a second wedding planner to me throughout the entire process. She bent over backward to accommodate us and several of our vendors, including coming into the office to let us in at early hours and odd days, suggesting specific vendors for us for odd needs (like a coat attendant), and so much more. Booking here was one of the best decisions we made, in the end. I already did all your shopping for you, so you should just book here now and save yourself some much-needed time and bridal energy. :) Truly, you will not be disappointed. I promise.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Janet · Married on 09/26/2015

This venue is gorgeous! The rooms are formal. The ballroom is so beautiful there are no needs for decorating. The juxtaposition of this beautiful castle-like home against modern skyscrapers is outstanding. Karin, the facility manager, was wonderful to work with. She allowed my best friend, who was the pianist, to come to the venue and try out both pianos. Karin was responsive to communication to accommodating with special requests. I was surprised to find such an affordable, elegant venue right in midtown Atlanta. The wedding was like a fairy tale there.

Sent on 10/04/2015

The Wimbish House was a wedding dream come true. The staff (Karin and Karina) is amazing, the venue is gorgeous (doesnt need much decor), its an AMAZING deal for venue in midtown Atl, AND they let you bring your own alcohol.

Loved this space and so did my guests. If you are unsure, get married here.

Sent on 12/11/2017

This venue was the perfect one for us. We did both ceremony and reception here. We were looking for some southern charm for our north eastern guests and a central location--The Wimbish House had both. Only steps away from city life in Atlanta, it had all the southern charm. The house is so beautifully decorated that all you need are a few things to make some personal touches. Karin Holben was such a pleasure to work with. She was always available to talk, answered all my questions promptly, and had our back during the whole process. She truly loves what she does and wanted only the best for us. The whole experience was absolutely great and the wedding turned out to be everything we hoped for!! Thank you Karin!!

Sent on 10/21/2015
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/14/2013

Beth and the Wimbish staff were amazing! Everything was beautiful and the venue was a perfect fit for my wedding. The ballroom wass perfectly decorated that it stood on its own- I'm so happy I chose the Wimbish House.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Latasha · Married on 07/07/2013

Beth and her team provided exceptional service to my team and clients this pass July. The guest loved the venue space and continuously commented on how inviting the house was with a such elegance. Most importantly the venue was available and accessible when needed. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Latasha