The Willows at Historic Strasburg Reviews

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 5
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 6
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 7

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2012

We chose the Fireside because they were very flexible compared to other vendors that we looked at. We wanted extra appetizers and milkshake shooters and they were very accomodating with all of these requests. We orginally had our ceremony booked at another location and when that fell through Fireside was able to handle our ceremony as well without any hiccups. Amanda and Stephanie were always available and quick to respond to emails. THey were also great problem solvers and did everything they could to make sure everything was just the way we wanted it (down to an altered dance floor so that we could have the room set up we wanted). Amanda in particular did a great job at the rehearsal guiding us as to what to do and helping us set up. THe day of she acted as a wedding planner and handled all of the vendors and timing of events. The food was fantastic (and again they combined dishes for us at no extra charge bc we preferred one meat over another) and there was plenty of it. All of the staff were very attentive and friendly. I would recommend them again and again.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Susan · Married on 10/27/2012

I have nothing but nice things to say about Fireside Tavern. At first, I worked mostly with Stephanie, who was very friendly and informative. When it got closer to the wedding, we worked with Amanda more closely, who was also very friendly. They were both willing to work with us and make anything happen for our wedding that we wanted. They also gave suggestions for things we may have been not been sure about. They answered emails timely and completely. Our wedding day was perfect! The hall looked amazing. Amanda did a wonderful job of setting everything up for us. That was one really nice thing about Fireside. I was able to drop off all my centerpieces, favors, decorations, placecards, you name it, and Amanda took care of setting everything up for us. It looked great! When we arrived at the hall, Amanda was right there to see if I needed anything. From then on, she was available to us all night long. She was so helpful and made sure everyone was happy and got what they needed. The room was perfect! It felt so warm and cozy, and was exactly what we were looking for in a reception venue. In summary, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my special day anywhere else. I would highly recommend Fireside Tavern to future brides.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Abby · Married on 10/07/2012

Fireside was very accomodating when we needed to move our ceremony from outside to inside because of rain. Their level of flexibility still allowed us to have the day we dreamed of even if it had to inside.

Sent on 10/10/2012

The entire staff was beyond amazing on our wedding day. Our guests had an amazing time and are still raving about the food and the service. Amanda stayed and was available our entire reception to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed. I would definitely recommend Fireside to anyone who is searching for a venue!!

Sent on 10/04/2012

jenine · Married on 09/16/2012

The Fireside was beautiful. Amanda and Stephanie were wonderful to work with and everything turned out great!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Nick · Married on 09/15/2012

Stephanie and Amanda at D&S Fireside Tavern were AMAZING to work with. They both were always there to answer emails, phone calls and all the questions we had. They took care of setting up for the ceremony and reception, which was a huge stress off of our shoulders and it was done PERFECTLY!!! They ensured that everything looked amazing and that we had everything we needed. Amanda organized the rehearsal and was there to assist us through the entire practice. She also checked in with us girls in the bridal lounge, which I highly recommend spending the money on, frequently to make sure that we had everything we needed. We provided the centerpieces, candy bar glassware and candy, and many other ceremony and reception necessities, it was setup to our satisfaction. I couldn't have done a better job myself-this coming from a bride that is very much a perfectionist. The food was DELICIOUS!! Ballroom was gorgeous and their professionalism can't be beat. It was wonderful to work with the staff at Fireside Tavern. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day PERFECT!!! Thank you! Lauren and Nick

Sent on 09/17/2012

Had my reception here. No complaints. Everything was very organized and very professional

Sent on 02/04/2013

Brittany · Married on 08/31/2012

Fireside definitely played a key role in making our big day go down without a hitch. The staff was attentive and wonderful and the venue itself was just gorgeous. We've received so many compliments from guests about our choice of venue!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Jeanie · Married on 08/25/2012

We recently held my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the Fireside. It was amazing! From the very beginning we knew we were in good hands!
    Dave showed me the ballroom when I was at the restaurant for dinner. With no notice given, he graciously gave us a tour. We then scheduled an appointment with Stephanie. My daughter and her fiance decided right then and there that there was no need to look anywhere else. The beauty and elegance of the Ballroom was all it took since we already knew of the quality of their food and service.
    The wedding day was perfect. It was a cloudy day (which was perfect for the photographers), but no rain. The staff kept watch on those clouds, never insisting we move the ceremony inside, knowing how important it was to us to have it outside in the lovely courtyard. The grounds looked beautiful, back and front. A few guests from the inn watched the ceremony respectfully from the balcony.
    As the nervous mother of the bride, I can't say enough about Amanda. We love her! She was our angel and took care of EVERYTHING! We brought in tons of DIY projects and she beautifully arranged it all. We didn't hire a florist and she decorated the aisle with our homemade decorations and it looked gorgeous. I don't know how she does it, but she is able to be there exactly when you need anything! She definitely went above and beyond and we appreciated her so much!
    We received so many compliments from the guests on the food and the amazing, professional, friendly service. I ALMOST wish I had another daughter so I could do it all again! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/28/2012
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/21/2012

This place is amazing! Some of my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. To start, they have fantastic food. If you are thinking of having your wedding there, prepare to hear rave reviews from your guests. People are still raving about the food and the event was almost a month ago. Stephanie and Amanda are incredibly knowledgeable, reasonable, attentive, pleasant, and calm. This was a lot of what made the event smooth and absolutely seamless. Amanda is a real pro- the tavern is lucky to have her and so are the brides! She is like an angel! So calm and collected and on top of it! The bridal suite is perfect- huge, lots of light, amazing for pictures! The grounds are also great for pictures. If you have kids attending, they have a play ground and the kids loved it! We had an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour- it was well organized, and the wait staff was waiting for the bridal party and family after the ceremony with a tray of drinks! It was quite awesome! The ballroom looked lovely, so romantic, and absolutely gorgeous. The mood was calm, happy, dimmed lights, and gold tones- just perfect! Afterwards, we went to the Tavern for the after-party. Great time, and no one had to drive (bonus)! The guests had a little too much fun, but the bartenders were pretty reasonable considering. Plus they served bar food and lots was purchased. The hotel is onsite (super bonus) so no one had to drive if they didn’t want to. How convenient- the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party, and hotel all in one place- the guests loved that aspect of it (and so will you). Here is how some of the guests described the event: magical, romantic, fun, seamless, smooth, elegant, and much more (ALL POSITIVE). If you can afford a wedding here, do it! You will not be disappointed! THANK YOU FIRESIDE!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Keri · Married on 07/07/2012

There are not enough words to describe the incredible experience I had as a bride at the Fireside Tavern. You cannot go wrong in picking this venue. Multiple guests shared with us that it was the "best wedding food they'd ever had." Multiple guest shared with us that it was the "best wedding ceremony they ever attended." Multiple guests shared that the bar staff during the reception was so kind and gracious. This is also an EXCELLENT venue if you have a large number of out of town guests -- I grew up in Lancaster, but my husband did not, so we had a large number of family and friends traveling long distances to be there with us on that day. So many of our out of town guests raved about the Fireside Tavern Restaurant/Bar and their staff, as well as the Clarion Inn where they stayed next door (big props to the pool staff who kept it beautiful and clean for our guests). Not only was Amanda, our coordinator, steadfastly available through the months leading up to our wedding as we planned it from 500 miles away, she was by our side helping us from the moment we arrived Friday until long after the wedding ended on Saturday (she works so hard!). She was wonderful with all of our vendors, and took SO MUCH work off our plate by being available to them. She helped us set-up the ballroom at noon Friday before the wedding day, tying chair covers and cheerfully giving us ideas and advice when we asked for it, and solving little problems as they arrived without batting an eye. She attended our rehearsal dinner Friday evening, got to know our family and friends (highly recommend having a rehearsal here as well, it was EXCELLENT!). The day of our wedding, she was there to welcome me and my bridesmaids into the BEAUTIFUL bridal suite. When I was slightly unhappy with our flowers when they arrived, Amanda offered a solution and "got dirty" with us as we fixed them. When I was starting to get nervous as the wedding ceremony got closer, she somehow read my mind and asked if she could bring us some wine. She was always there with a "can i take care of that for you?" "what can I do to help" ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. When the ceremony was over and the entrance to the ballroom became crowded, she sought my new mother-in-law out and asked her if she could get her a drink. We joked many times that she was much like a little leprauchan, showing up just when you needed her with a smile and asking what she could do to help. If you have any doubt and are choosing between venues - PICK THIS ONE! You won't go wrong as far as the beauty of the place, but it is the personalized customer service that goes above and beyond that truly makes this a venue to remember. We are in love with the Fireside Tavern and it's staff and look forward to returning for years to come to celebrate our anniversary. It was perfect, perfect, perfect. We are so grateful we had this venue and it's incredible staff (you too, Arielle!) for our day.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Tre and I had our reception at fireside tavern grand ballroom. Everybody was complimenting how magnificent the food tasted. I also loved the layout of the room. Tre and I were able to see all the tables and the dance floor was in the middle which encouraged everyone to dance. Several people said it was the best reception they had ever been to. It is like this hidden treasure in Lancaster county. I loved that it was close to strasburg's main street, because out of town guests found great things to do. The service was great. The servers cared and helped with any needs that we had. It was perfect and absolutely beautiful. We appreciated everyone who made it happen

Sent on 06/02/2012

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2012

Fireside Tavern was the perfect venue for my reception and ceremony. Stephanie was excellent helping us with food tastings and checking out the grounds. Amanda went above and beyond her job during our wedding day. She was there all day making sure all of our needs were met. She set up all the tables and made sure all the decorations were set just how we wanted them. She was there all during the ceremony and reception and helped to take down everything after it was over. The food was fantastic and the staff did an excellent job helping guests! The outside space is beautiful and the inside reception area is gorgeous! Everything ran so smoothly and it would not have been such a special day without all the help from Fireside!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Joe · Married on 11/12/2011

This staff is the most respectful and fulfilling of every need you can imagine. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was great. If you are looking for a romantic venue, the fireplace, candles and decorations are exactly what you would want. If you are looking for a venue that you can count on everything being catered to you without even asking, you must pick this place.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Elaine · Married on 08/28/2011

The team at the Fireside Tavern could not have done anything more to make my daughter's wedding day perfect! From the first contact both Amanda and Stephanie were friendly, professional, and competent. They listened to what the needs were and executed every detail flawlessly, even when the ceremony had to be moved indoors due to the uninvited guest of hurricane Irene. The ballroom was classy, the service was impeccable and the food quality was amazing. There were no hidden costs and the value was incredible. From the first hello until AManda helped us carry gifts to our car the event flowed seamlessly. This was wedding perfection!

Sent on 09/05/2011

Lindsey · Married on 08/20/2011

Right when we started planning for our big day, we knew The Fireside Tavern was the perfect venue for us. When we first met with Amanda, she gave as a detailed tour of the premises and sat down with us to explain the packages available and answer all of our questions. After our very first meeting, we knew we had to reserve the venue! Amanda and Stephanie were always easily accessible via email or phone call. No matter how big or small my question was, I always received a speedy response. The complimentary tasting dinner that was scheduled a few months before our wedding was delicious and helped us plan our menu. Many compliments were received on the food, especially the caramelized beef.

Everyone at The Fireside Tavern was very accommodating so that we could start decorating the day before the wedding and our live band could set up and test their equipment. During rehearsal and on the day of the wedding, Amanda was so calm and helpful, just like our personal wedding coordinator for the weekend! When we were too excited to hear what she was telling us, she never became impatient, but instead just calmly repeated her instructions. She is so gracious, kind and friendly!

The Fireside Tavern is truly the perfect venue for doing everything in one location. We were provided access to the bridal lounge four hours before the ceremony, which allowed my attendants and myself a spacious, private, plush area to get ready. There are plenty of nice outdoor areas on the Fireside's grounds for pictures. Our ceremony was held outside in the courtyard in front of the gazebo. It was a gorgeous location for a ceremony! After the ceremony, we had cocktail hour for our guests while the bridal party and family members took pictures. We were so impressed by the classy serving of drinks. Also, we loved that beverages were served outside on trays to the bridal party while pictures were being taken. Our decorations for our outdoor ceremony such as flowers and unity candles magically made their way inside to add special touches of decoration for the reception. The lobby was decorated beautifully and it was nice that there were places to display family wedding pictures, our guest book, place cards, etc. The Grand Ballroom is simply breathtaking. We especially loved the giant fireplaces on both ends of the room. The guest tables were perfect, from the linens, to the centerpieces, to the gold chairs. It is very nice that The Fireside Tavern Restaurant/Bar area is available for the after party. When our reception was over, many of our guests and the bridal party headed over there to continue the celebration. Accommodations next door at the Clarion Inn are very convenient for out-of-town guests. My husband and I loved the complimentary bridal suite that was reserved for us for our wedding night.

Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives, and it wouldn't have been as special if it weren't for The Fireside Tavern. I cannot think of one thing I would have changed about the day, and I have received so many wonderful compliments from my guests. I highly recommend this venue to all engaged couples.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Tracey · Married on 07/09/2011

We were extremely satisfied with the quality of service that Fireside provided us. We were located out of state during the process of planning our wedding and they helped ease any concerns we could have had during the process. Everything went smoothly with the communication we had with them leading up to the day of. The prices were the best prices we found in the area and that included an open bar. The majority of our guests were from out of town and said it was the best wedding they have been to. They had a great time and RAVED about the food! The salmon was at the top of the list. The buffet was the way to go! Quality and quantity! Our families, friends and us were extremely satisfied with the service, hospitality and professionalism that we received. They were very easy to work with and helped any way they were able all the way till the final goodbye after the reception. Finally, the location of the venue was great for our out of town guests. Many of our guests were family and friends from Long Island, NY. The ceremony was at my home church in downtown Lancaster and the reception was at the Fireside in the beautiful scenic Lancaster County that they all think about when hearing of Lancaster. They absolutely loved the mix of scenery and the fact that the hotel was very reasonable in pricing and located on the same grounds. We had no complaints from guests and enjoyed every minute of our wedding! :) :)

Sent on 08/23/2011

Ed · Married on 06/25/2011

Our daughter was married here on 6/25/2011. Everything from the first planning stage until the ceremony and reception was over was wonderfully done. The staff, service and food could not have been better! Everyone involved was very professional and made sure all our needs and expectations were met. The outside ceremony was very nice, with the staff serving the bridal party Hors d'œuvre and drinks while getting pictures taken and ensuring everyone was enjoying themselfs. This was an outstanding event for our entire family and friends. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/26/2011

amanda · Married on 05/28/2011

We were very impressed with the quality and value we received at the Fireside Tavern. We worked closely with Stephanie and Amanda throughout the whole process. I was also very impressed with their communication and response time. If we had a question, it was answered within hours.

Sent on 08/31/2011

Erin · Married on 05/21/2011

The staff at Fireside Tavern are absolutely amazing at what they do. They made my wedding day come true and without me having to worry about a thing. The food is incredible and out guests just raved about how good the food was and how nice the venue was. I would recommend this venue to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Jamie · Married on 04/16/2011

We were hoping for an outside wedding, but the weather did not cooperate. The inside ceremony setting at the Fireside was an awesome back-up. The room looked lovely and we didn't miss the outside set up at all. Amanda, the coordinator at the Fireside is so incredible at her job and worked very hard to keep everything running very smoothly. She and her staff tended to our every need. She was always accessible. The food was beyond words. We had several guests tell us that it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. The reception room is beautifully decorated. And the bridal lounge for the bride and her bridesmaids is so amazing. The whole experience was top notch, and after looking at several venues, the Fireside was a great value! We would highly recommend it!!!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Kim · Married on 10/23/2010

The Fireside Tavern was everything & more than I could dream of for my wedding reception.

My reception was a small, inimate crowd of about 40 guests - and I recommend it to everyone! We were in their upstairs room, and all of my guests have commented on how much they enjoyed the small size. Everyone was able to interact with each other and have a really great time.

The Fireside Tavern's facilities are absolutely gorgeous. We didn't have to do much to dress up the room because it had its own charm. If you don't know when to get married - go for FALL! The grounds were perfect for taking the most amazing pictures with all of the trees changing colors.

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Every member of their staff that I interacted with was so friendly and helpful. Emails and phone calls were returned in a timely fashion, which really helped to ease my stress as the actual day approached.

They were also extremely accommodating to all my requests such as having a projector screen set up during the reception or needing an easel for the dinner placecard display.

One of the most fun moments came after most of the guests had gone home - there were about 10 of us left. We all went next door to our rooms at the Strasburg Inn to change clothes, then came back and got a big table down in the Fireside Tavern restaurant to have drinks, appetizers and unwind.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Sue · Married on 10/16/2010

The reception was top notch, we heard nothing but compliments. The food was exceptional, the service was great, staff was helpful and the ballroom was spacious and lovely. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/24/2010

jill · Married on 10/16/2010

D&S Fireside Tavern's Grand Ballroom was a beautiful reception place. The staff at D&S Fireside was very accomodating. We were able to design the whole venue to our liking and Amanda carried out our plans. Our guests enjoyed looking at the old photos we framed and placed on each mantel (an idea we got from David). We were also very pleased with the delicious food D&S prepared and served us. Our guests were very impressed with our choice in this reception venue. We could not have asked for a better experience! We had a great day.

Sent on 11/21/2010

Tireany · Married on 10/09/2010

I was extremely pleased with this venue for my wedding reception. The food was fabulous and we felt very taken care of that night. I would definitely recommend them to any couple.

Sent on 10/12/2010