The Willows at Historic Strasburg Reviews

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 5
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 6
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 7

Nora · Married on 07/15/2017

Amanda is amazing and very responsive. The day was perfect in every way. The ballroom was beautiful and everyone raves about the food.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Karrie · Married on 06/24/2017

We chose Fireside Tavern for our wedding reception and could not me more than pleased and amazed with them. They are one of few places that separate the bar tab to only pay for people actually 21+, their prices include so many things you don't have to worry about, from table linens/flatware/chargers and they even have centerpieces you can use for the tables if you want. They were more than flexible with their schedule and setting up the room the way we wanted it because we had several additions. The professionalism of the all staff was truly great and attentive. The wedding coordinator Amanda was AWESOME. She helped relieve me of any stress that day and took care of everything. After the reception was over and we went to the tavern for the after party, she still came around to check on guests and made sure that I got something to eat (since you never eat at your own wedding) before the kitchen closed down. We also opted to do cocktail hour outside, and they setup tables, some high tops and some low with chairs, everything went seamless. The service and food was unbelievable and we had ssooo many guests, after the fact, tell us it was the best reception they had been to. Everything went so well that, my mother-in-law suggested for my sister-in-law to have her future wedding reception there. If we had the chance to re-do our reception, we'd pick Fireside Tavern every time, hands down.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Vicki · Married on 03/31/2017

I had to plan my wedding all from abroad as I lived in the UK prior to my wedding day. This was obviously not ideal however Amanda the wedding co-ordinator made the whole process stress free answering every email that I sent (I had a lot of questions). I had to book the venue before visiting it however after visiting it in person I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t think the venue would be as good as their website said, it was in fact the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. The days running up to our wedding day Amanda did everything she could to make sure our day would be perfect and the wedding day itself could not have run without her. Herself and the fireside staff decorated the venue beautifully making sure everything I had asked for was fulfilled. Even to myself walking down the aisle Amanda was there to make sure the back of my dress and veil was pulled out perfectly for my photos. Now onto the food, we have had endless compliments from our guests about the food especially the tomato bisque soup, the food was absolutely amazing. The staff that day were nothing but pleasant and friendly. My father even felt the need to add into his speech a personal thank you to the staff for their efforts that day.
    I couldn’t recommend this place enough, they plan absolutely everything for you from food and drinks to the decorations, either allowing you to use what they have or using your own decorations to make their already beautiful room something personal. They even pack your stuff away at the end of the day so all you have to do is put it into your cars. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to the Amanda and the staff at the Fireside Tavern.

Sent on 01/16/2018
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 8
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 9
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 10
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 11
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 12

Karelin · Married on 02/18/2017

THIS IS THE PLACE TO MEET ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!!
    AMANDA! I cant say enough about this exquisite and beautiful young planner.
    She brought off the most beautiful, classy, elegant reception for my daughter Karelin and her groom, Brian...beyond my expectations. Every detail was exquisitely executed in the plans and reveal of the reception for our only daughter. We are beyond grateful for the extra loving detail you took to make our day a living memory of beauty, elegance and delicious perfectly served, hot and prepared dinner. You thought of EVERYTHING, MISSED NOTHING....we will most assuredly return for other events. Thank you for a remarkably precious memory.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/13/2016

We had our wedding at Fireside Tavern on August 13, 2016. From day one, everyone at Fireside was extremely helpful and cooperative. Throughout the procress they were very organized and covered any detail you could think of. On the day of the wedding, and all the days leading up to it, Amanda Kramer was our guardian angel. If it was not for her, I would have been completely lost. She made the experience as amazing as it was. Fireside will forever hold a special place in our hearts and we now have a place to spend every anniversary.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Our wedding was amazing and it was all because of the friendly staff and wonderful event coordinators!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/23/2016

I am so pleased that my husband and I chose Fireside Tavern to hold the reception for our wedding. In addition to the reception we also had the rehearsal dinner upstairs utilizing the Lancaster and Fulton Rooms. Right from the start, we were impressed with how prompt Fireside was at returning emails or calls. During the planning process if we needed a picture of something (the table numbers for example) or had a question we received an email response very quickly. A few times we made unplanned visits to Fireside and they were always willing to speak with us, show us the ballroom again, etc. We were very pleased with how well we were treated, especially since the bridal party had to show up earlier than scheduled due to an unforeseen downpour the day of the wedding. As soon as the bridal party arrived (early) Amanda made sure to get us drinks and appetizers right away. We rented the bridal lounge during cocktail hour for the bridal party to utilize while the other guests mingled in the ballroom. The food quality was fantastic as usual when dining at Fireside. As the bride and groom, we were directly served all of our food and drinks even though our guests utilized the buffet. Since we barely ate any food out of excitement for the day and going around to tables visiting guests, Amanda bagged our food for us to take home. Amanda checked in with us multiple times to make sure we had everything we needed and that everything was going according to plan. Fireside was very accommodating to our guests with special dietary needs so that they would be served special meals. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful. The dance floor is the perfect size to get a large amount of guests up and dancing. If we had to plan our wedding over again we both agree that we would keep the reception at Fireside.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

I would always advise a couple to book this vendor- I cant' say enough good things about the Fireside Tavern. The staff was amazing, responsive, professional and so helpful! They anticipated all of our needs and our wedding day was truly flawless. I could go on for pages but I will just say that they were amazing!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2016

There are many things to accomplish while planning your wedding ceremony and reception - many of which you may forget as deadlines quickly approach and pass by. Amanda at Fireside Tavern is always there to give a gentle reminder for when important decisions need to be made (menu selection, guest count and seating, information needed for ceremony and reception setup, vendor information). She is always very prompt with her e-mail and phone responses to questions and is very helpful in giving advice and answering questions. She is so accommodating for any request you may make in making your ceremony and reception unique and special. The serving and bar staff are top of the line and seamless in their execution for such a large event. The food is top notch - I received so many positive comments from people saying "the food at your wedding was the best I've ever had at a wedding!" They have a beautiful bridal lounge and the food you can order while getting ready is very fresh arranged nicely. When you drop off all your decorations, favors, ceremony items and other reception items, they take the time to set all of this up for you and they arrange it so beautifully at no extra cost! ***A note on the amount spent: we chose the highest buffet package and the house brand liquor package for 105 adults, and kids buffet/tea totalers pricing for 5 kids (ages 0-3 are free). This also includes ceremony fee/chair rental. They do not charge extra for event space rental since this is included in their per person meal/drink pricing.***

Sent on 07/06/2016

Everything about our wedding reception was impeccable. It's a beautiful venue, the staff is top notch, the food is fantastic, the location makes for an evening that all will remember. You will not be disappointed with the Fireside Tavern!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2016

We were originally drawn to the Fireside because of the fantastic food. What sold us however, was the flexibility of the venue and the perfection of the staff. Amanda Kramer was our coordinator from the Fireside and she was simply the best!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 04/30/2016

There is honestly nothing bad my husband and I can say about Fireside Tavern! From the very beginning of choosing them as our venue up until the day of our wedding, Amanda was so helpful. She was extremely professional and responsive of all of our questions and was very willing to accommodate all the changes we asked for. She decorated the reception hall just how we wanted (and even better!) and was very attentive to make sure our reception was going smoothly. All of our guests raved about the food and we honestly could not have asked for a better day! They had us hooked from the very beginning (they were the first venue we looked at and the others just didn't compare) and we will definitely keep them in mind for any other events we may need down the road, as well as recommend them to everyone!! Amanda and Fireside Tavern: thank you so much for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Donna · Married on 04/22/2016

Outstanding...the Fireside Tavern is truly a 5-star class act. The owners and staff not only meet your expectations, they EXCEED them.

Our family and friends are foodies. The generous portions of appetizers, salads, and entrees, were served with an attractive presentation. Our guests were very pleased with the flavors and tastes of the food. Weeks later and they are still raving about the delicious food.

Food servers had a neat appearance, were pleasant and accommodating. For example, our salad included nuts. One of our guests had a nut allergy, she mention this to the server. No problem, the salad with nuts was replaced with an even bigger serving of a salad designed by our guest. She was delighted and impressed with the service.

The spacious ballroom with dance floor is lovely - clean, bright, and pleasant. You can really have fun deciding on the look you want for your tables and the ballroom set up. Amanda Kramer, wedding coordinator, met with me many times during this planning. Amanda wants to know her brides. She asks questions, make suggestions, and above all listens. For example, I was struggling with a decision to add a color runner or small square linen under the floral arrangement. Resulting in adding nothing. Less is more. Upon entering the ballroom after the ceremony, Amanda added little votive candles around the floral arrangement. Perfect!

There is adequate parking for your guests. The outside parking lots, walkways, paths to the gazebo are clean, neat, and well manicured.

The staff is so friendly and kind. Service is their mantra. They treat everyone as their special guest. And they do it with a smile.

With hotel accommodations on the property, this made it easy for our out of town guests.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Julie · Married on 02/27/2016

Everyone at Fireside that we worked with was awesome. Amanda and Stephanie helped me through every step of the process, and were especially flexible and helpful as I was do not live in the area and couldn't make frequent in-person visits. I can't recommend them highly enough to help take a lot of the needless stress and pressure out of planning a wedding. They made sure every detail was just right and that the wedding day went smoothly so that my husband and I could relax and enjoy everything.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Kelsea · Married on 07/18/2015

Beautiful venue for outdoor wedding and gorgeous ballroom for the reception. Coordinator Amanda was outstanding and did a fantastic job.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Ann · Married on 07/18/2015

The Fireside Tavern was a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception. The staff took care of everything perfectly. The guests raved about the location and the food! It was excellent! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Megan · Married on 07/11/2015

We were very pleased with the quality of service that Fireside Tavern provided for our wedding reception. From the pre-wedding consultations to the reception clean-up, the staff was friendly, timely, and accommodating. Many of our guests commented on how great the food tasted, and the convenience of having the catering, table settings, and even decoration placement coordinated by the venue helped to save a lot of extra preparation work. Amanda helped to keep the reception on schedule and ensured that everything flowed nicely. Our families came back inside after our sparkler exit thinking that they had a lot of clean up work ahead of them, but found that the staff had so kindly packed up all of the centerpieces while we had been outside! The courtyard area was a great backdrop for photos, and one of the waiters even brought appetizers out to us while our photographer took some group shots. We couldn't have been happier with our wedding day and we are very glad that we chose Fireside Tavern as our reception location.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2015

The staff at fireside was absolutely amazing! Our wedding day went without a hitch and Amanda was there for anything we needed. Everyone talks about how stressful the wedding day can be. Thanks to fireside, Amanda, and the staff, it was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Kayla · Married on 05/31/2015

Amanda was wonderful! She was very responsive and flexible. I felt very at ease knowing she was handling everything for the wedding. Fireside was beautiful and the food was phenomenal. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Christine · Married on 06/14/2014

You WON'T be disappointed. Amanda & Stephanie are the dynamic duo. I was an out of town bride but u would have never known. Every1 warned me of wedding planning nightmares & tried to talk me out of doing it out of state but they took care of EVERYTHING! Stephanie took care of all the behind the scenes w/ease & flexibility w/our situation-answering all my e-mailing efficiently! Amanda is the face of ur wedding & always w/a smile. I think almost every1 asked me who she was & how I found her b/c she was a coordinating ninja. Everything looked perfect like she was in my head & trust me I was pretty vague at times. She was constantly checked on us in the bridal lounge-giving time updates & asking what we needed. At the reception, she kept everything flowing. She got us our food, kept checking back, refilling our drinks & making sure we were ok. When she sent people to the buffet, she was right behind them refolding their napkins. Top notch. She even helped serve at the rehearsal which blew my mind. Amanda, u're such a doll & helped make my wedding day flawless, thank u from the bottom of my heart!

The food @ Fireside=AMAZING. We had a hard time deciding on 2 things for our buffet after the tasting. We did the chicken parm & beef. Phenomenal. No complaints, only compliments saying that wedding food is never this good! The gazebo area is breathtaking. Our wedding was in June & the landscaping was perfect. They just recently took out the brick walkway & made it all stamped concrete-it looks great!

One bit of advice. If u have people from out of town, save urself the stress & don't stay at the Clarion Inn. It's a shame that the hotel can't match Fireside's impeccable service when there's rooms that literally look over the ceremony area. Don't stay there. Make a group booking at 1 of the MANY other options in the area. The Clarion left a very sour note on our wedding night.

Everything was literally PERFECT, I wouldn't change a thing about Fireside.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Jillian · Married on 07/20/2013

We could not have dreamed up a better wedding venue than Fireside Tavern! Amanda and her team were absolutely amazing from the very beginning. Being an out-of-state bride, Amanda was always responsive, willing to make accommodations, and flexible with my schedule. Whatever I wanted that day, she would accommodate.

During the wedding day, Amanda was there from start to finish and continuously checked in on us to make sure everything was running smoothly. I didn’t have to worry about set up or making sure guests got to the reception after the ceremony because Amanda coordinated everything. I felt like I could actually relax the day of the wedding because of how detail-oriented Amanda was and the entire day flowed perfectly.

The staff was very professional and willing to help. As soon as the ceremony was over and guests starting filing into the cocktail hour, the staff was there with drinks and appetizers. Some of our guests had dietary restrictions, and the staff was willing to accommodate without hesitation or additional fees.

The venue was beyond beautiful! We got to have an outside ceremony complete with gorgeous floral and a gazebo and then have the entire ballroom for the reception. We even had a room block at the Clarion Hotel next door, so it was very convenient for all of our guests. One of the biggest perks is that we had the entire venue to ourselves the entire day, which does not often happen at some wedding venues.

If you are looking for a great and stress-free venue in Lancaster County, you should really consider the Fireside Tavern.

Sent on 08/09/2013

I would recommend the Fireside Tavern to any couple in the Central PA area!!! My husband and I looked at many different places before looking at the Fireside Tavern. We liked that they didn't "nickel and dime" us to death for things like cake cutting, toasts, etc. And the reception hall is beautiful. They made our day absolutely perfect. I am a "high" stress person and Amanda, the day of coordinator, just made me feel at ease. She not only during the reception made sure that all our needs were taken care of, but she made sure our guests had everything that they needed. They handled everything on the wedding day allowing myself, my husband and family to relax and enjoy the moment. Our guests raved about the food and the service. They answer emails right away making planning less stressful. The location is perfect if you want a little bit of a country feel (the grounds are beautiful) and a grand ballroom all at the same time. It is also the perfect place if you are looking for a venue where you can have the ceremony and reception. Thank you Fireside!!! Kayla and Jeffrey

Sent on 07/28/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

The food tasted just like it did for the tasting. Amanda, the wedding planner, was fabulous! Responded to emails right away, checked in many many times during the day. Very flexible when working with us. I would highly highly recommend this venue to future brides. I felt very taken care of and like a princess which is what all girls want on their wedding day.

Sent on 06/19/2013

I can not begin to express how amazing the staff/food was at The Fireside. There wasn't anything we would change about our reception. All the staff was friendly and on top of things the entire day. We recieved so many compliments from our guests on the food, service, bartenders and on how pretty the venue looked.
    I want to go out of my way to tell others how great this place was because Amanda made our day so smooth!
    The food was exactly like it was at our tasting and that is hard to find when you do a buffet.
    Again, no regrets at all and I will highly recommend the Fireside to everyone I know for all kinds of events. We just can't say enough good things!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2013

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Fireside Tavern on May 25th, 2013. Stephanie and Amanda made the whole process run smoothly –staying on the planning schedule, helping with the menu selection, placing table/decoration arrangements, organization with outside vendors (DJ, photographer, photobooth), and keeping every detail just as I wanted it. They are fun and professional; a great mix for wedding coordinators! And the venue is beautiful. There are many great photo opportunities on the premises. Last, but definitely not least, the food is fantastic.

Sent on 12/30/2013