The Williamsburg Seamster Reviews

10 | Brooklyn, NY

10 Reviews for The Williamsburg Seamster

10 The Williamsburg Seamster Reviews

Hayden · Married on 08/04/2018

Nayantara did such an amazing job with my dress! I bought a sample dress on sale, which needed a considerable amount taken in, and the lace was in bad shape from so many people having tried on the dress before. Not only did the dress end up fitting me perfectly, she cleaned up the lace and made the dress look like I had ordered it brand new! I would highly recommend Nayantara at the Williamsburg Seamstress, you will love how your dress looks and fits on you!

Lauren · Married on 03/03/2018

After buying my dress in NYC but living in LA I was so nervous about letting someone other than the place I bought the dress do alterations. After spending a few minutes with Nayantara I knew I could trust her with this daunting task! Not only did she do an incredible job with alterations to the bust of my dress, but she also made me the most beautiful fingertip veil which she was able to make from a double layer of ivory tulle as my dress was more creamy than stark white. She also was able to customize the comb in the hairpiece (I have dark brown hair so she used a black comb, rather than silver, gold, clear, or white which were other options in addition to being able to choose between a clip and comb) Her workshop is also picture perfect- and she makes you feel like an old friend as soon as you walk through the door. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend!!!

Celia · Married on 11/04/2017

I was really nervous about finding a seamstress I was comfortable with (why are so many alterations places weird??), so when I came across Nayantara's amazing reviews I had to get in touch with her. Turns out she's a total sweetheart who also happens to be incredibly talented, too! Her studio in DTLA is super cute, and I felt totally at ease with her. Every appointment was incredibly easy (probably 30 minutes at most), and she did an amazing job on my dress (Cassia from BHLDN). She even gave me sticky tape in case my straps stretched at all - she seriously knows her stuff.

I can't wait to share pictures from the day with her, because my dress looked totally dreamy thanks to her. I am SO glad I found her and would recommend her to anyone!

Veronica · Married on 10/07/2017

Nayantara was a great seamstress to work with – I was in love with my dress but she made the necessary alterations to make it even better! She is incredibly talented and took the time to show my mom how to button the dress and how to properly bustle the gown. She has a level of attention to detail that went above and beyond, she thought of everything like even how I was going to descend a huge staircase with the gown. I am so happy that we found Nayantara!

Julie · Married on 04/08/2017

Nayantara is a GENIUS!! She was on a short list of bridal seamstresses recommended by BHLDN for my Catherine Deane gown. I knew she would be the "one" when she asked for a favorite Beyonce song on her initial inquiry form. Not only is she a topnotch professional - responsive, communicative, helpful - she's a master at her craft. When we first met, she noticed a discoloration on the inside of my dress, which I immediately took back to BHLDN (they exchanged it, thankfully!) This was my first indication of her attention to detail. Our subsequent meetings were absolutely wonderful - she walked me through step-by-step of how she would alter my dress, which ultimately needed the back replaced. The silk tulle was incredibly delicate, and she knew exactly how to maneuver the material. She made a great recommendation to have the dress fall straight (rather than with a small train), which made a huge difference and was incredibly flattering. The final product fit like a dream. Any bride would be so lucky to work with her - I couldn't recommend Williamsburg Seamster more highly!

Jessica · Married on 02/18/2017

I made my first appointment with Tara completely panicked, convinced my dress would be too small for me. She was so calm and comforting, and based on photos of my dress she came up with a plan to restructure the back and assured me it would look beautiful. When it turned out that it wasn't too small after all but rather too big, she was kind and wonderful. She altered the dress to fit me perfectly, adding some structure and support inside the dress to help support it's weight (it was a giant ballgown). Tara made me feel special and beautiful at each fitting. She also designed a custom shawl for me when the weather forecast started to look grim, and it was truly stunning. She sourced exactly the perfect lace to compliment my dress. She has an incredible eye and is very talented. She's also a great and interesting person to talk to. Hire her without reservation.

• Jeanine

Jeanine · Married on 07/30/2016

I was recommended the Wiliamsburg Seamster by a fellow WW bride who lives in my area and was recently married with my same exact dress (BHLDN Penelope). I had a fantastic experience. When I was measured at the bridal shop I was told that I'm basically a size 8 in the bust, 6 in the waist, and 10 at the hips, so I ordered a 10. When I picked my dress up from the bridal shop I didn't get the same excitement that I thought I would because the top was so big. I was able to get my dress tailored to fit me like a glove. I felt so good in this dress and it wouldn't have been possible without her.

Amber · Married on 05/22/2016

Tara helped make my pretty but much too big wedding dress into a perfectly fitting, gorgeous masterpiece. I am absolutely thrilled with the way my dress turned out and am so so so thankful for her work! She was easy to work with, timely in her responses, respectful, kind, thoughtful, and very flexible with my weird work schedule. The turnaround time was so quick, too! Also, her work shop is adorable. I know that I will recommend her to all the future brides I know, and my best friend (and bridesmaid) said that she will keep her in mind anytime she needs something altered in the future.

Sandra · Married on 05/17/2013

Tara did a wonderful job with my wedding dress. I must've had a million things done to my dress, and Tara worked in such a timely manner. I came to her almost a month to my wedding because the boutique I bought my dress had already messed up on a few things but Tara was able to fix them and make my dress look amazing!!

• Caralie

Caralie · Married on 04/16/2016

Tara was great! She makes the alteration process smooth and comfortable and I felt wonderful in my dress! I didn't really know much about what needed to be done and so she took the lead and made sure the length was great and that the bust fit appropriately. I felt very taken care of and would recommend Tara to anyone!