The Wiebners Reviews

58 | Lancaster, PA

58 Reviews for The Wiebners

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kristen · Married on 01/31/2016

We can't say enough about these two. Personable, professional, talented, down to earth, and a joy to work with. Their photography of our wedding was not only beautiful, it was artistic. Highly recommend.

• W

Will · Married on 10/30/2015

I can't say enough good things about Joel and Rita Wiebner. We found them through friends and the entire process was straightforward, easy, and really fun! We live in Philly so we did an initial consult meeting via Skype which worked really well. They were very flexible with us since we ended up needing to expand our package before the wedding day. On the day of our wedding, Joel and Rita were really fun to work with-- they have great energy and had us genuinely laughing during all of the photos-- and they found some incredible shots around our ceremony and venue site. I felt like they were friends by the end of the whole process. I would definitely recommend them.

Samantha · Married on 09/20/2014

We loved working with the Wiebners for both our engagement and our wedding photos. They're amazing at what they do, and you can tell that they take great pride in what they do.

For the engagement pictures we just took a walk around downtown Lancaster, and they were able to spot some pretty incredible places to take our photos. They turned out beautifully.

The couple of photos posted so far of our wedding are incredible. I'm excited to see more! We'll likely be using them as our photographers throughout the years to come, we loved working with them that much!

Kait · Married on 08/23/2014

I think it goes without saying that Joel and Rita rock the socks off photography. For us, photography was our splurge vendor for our wedding and I could not be happier with The Wiebners. Their professionalism, creativity and just downright fun attitude made our day so special. They get shots that you typically only get with an iPhone and nothing is posed or cheesy. We loved having them capture our day and would HIGHLY recommend them for the best photos EVER. But really--worth every single penny.

steph · Married on 10/05/2013

Rita & Joel are truly the best of the best. For me it was important to splurge on a good photographer so we would have amazing photos of the day to cherish forever and The Wiebners delivered big time. You get two amazing photographers catching every detail plus the ones you wouldn't even think about...they do & catch them. I'd reco booking far in advance as they're super in-demand and can tell you 1st hand, they are worth every cent. We could not have been happier with all our photos and with Rita & Joel who meld right in and have a blast right along with you & your guests. Truly, the best of the best with wedding photographers.

Deandra · Married on 06/08/2013

I ended up needing emergency surgery on my spinal cord three days before my wedding. I can't say enough about the sincere compassion and professionalism of this photography team. I wasn't able to plan ahead with them like most brides due to my health. They were so flexible and understanding. Plus, and most importantly, my pictures were stunning. They captured everything I wanted and many I didn't even know I wanted. You can actually feel the emotion and relationship with our guests through the pictures, and I am so very pleased. I am a picky person when it comes to pictures as I am not always so photogenic - haha. But I looked better in these pictures than I ever have, even after surgery! They faded into the background during the service and key events, yet also turned out to be lovely friends and entertaining guests when appropriate. I have worked with a lot of photographers due to my job in Virgina and DC. The Weibners are among the best I have worked with - even with my access to top photographers in a major metropolitan area. I can't say enough about these guys, and I encourage anyone to hire them for any event - formal or casual. You will end up with beautiful artistic and traditional shots that truly allow you to relive the event every time you look at the pictures. They exceed expectation.

Jeffrey · Married on 05/26/2013

The Wiebners were extremely professional, yet personable. They were a joy to work with. Our wedding photos turned out great and we've gotten so many compliments on the ones that are displayed in our house.

Wonderful couple to work with and we are so glad we were given their name. Our pics were beautiful! I only wish I had more! (Although believe me we had TONS!) I had many friends and family ask for their info for future weddings etc. Thanks so much!

Amber · Married on 09/29/2012

We could not be more thrilled with our decision to hire the Wiebners. Our wedding was in Potter County, PA, which is a bit of a hike from Lancaster where they are located. Not only were they willing to travel to us and stay overnight, but they were great sports about doing a nontraditional, very lengthy photo adventure before our ceremony since we had to many spots that were special to us. We had a BLAST with them. They are such a fun couple to work with. This was our first time being photographed for anything, and both Rita and Joel just made it so easy to get great shots and still feel like we were being ourselves. Our pictures were just posted on their blog, and we absolutely love every shot so far. They are truly talented photographers, and maintain a stellar level of professionalism while still being down to earth and very personable. We really have nothing negative to say about them and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to get high quality, creative shots.

Jaime · Married on 11/19/2011

Good photography was high on our list of important things when planning our wedding. I was beyond happy with the end result, our pictures were absolutely beautiful and so "us".

• Kara

Kara · Married on 10/28/2011

We originally had a very low budget for photography, but after finding The Wiebners' website and just knowing deep down that they were the right choice for us, we decided to go all-out and spend on a really nice wedding photography package.

I've been stalking out their blog to get a sneak-peek of the pictures we're awaiting (I'm so excited!), but am not worried in the slightest as to the quality or "fun" aspect that I know I'll see when we get our pictures any day now. (The blog has several albums of pictures taken at other weddings at our venue, as well as hundreds of other pictures of all sorts of other events that I love perusing in my free time.)

Joel and Rita came highly recommended by our venue and when we logged onto their website, it was clear that they had a similar sense of style, humor, fun that my husband and I have. And they didn't disappoint on the day of either! We were all laughing and the whole "photo shoot" process for the bridal party, family shots, and the ones of us as a couple were so effortless and fun.

I would definitely recommend using The Wiebners for any of life's events that you want to capture and cherish forever!

Kara · Married on 10/28/2011

We LOVE Joel and Rita! Not only were they so great to work with during the planning of our wedding, but their work is outstanding and we've been getting some fabulous comments from friends and family who've seen some of the images they took of our big day.

I would highly recommend them to anyone who's in need of a photographer!!!

• W

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2011

The Wiebners were absolutely wonderful! They were so easy to work with and our pictures were incredible!! They captured the joy and fun of the day! We would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Bekke · Married on 08/27/2011

Joel and Rita Wiebner were an absolute pleasure to work with on our very wet wedding day. They went above and beyond what we would have ever expected of wedding photographers and captured moments we never knew we missed; those little moments you'll always look back on fondly like Grandma bustin' a move on the dance floor or capturing the smile from someone who rarely smiles in photos. Their personalities and passion for the camera created a very comfortable and relaxed setting so you never even notice the camera, which was a big concern for me as I can be somewhat camera shy, but they made us laugh and worked with us through all the wind and rain. Their work is beyond compare and we could not be happier with the memories they helped us preserve. We can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Bridget · Married on 12/03/2010

Joel and Rita are completely amazing! I am not ashamed to admit that I knew they were going to be our wedding photographers before I even met my husband. When we met them in person, I instantly knew they were "the ones." They were so cool and laid back (and have the sweetest dog) and when I looked at their past work I never felt like their work was cookie cutter. They day of, we had fun hanging out with them, but they still managed to be completely unobtrusive. I never even saw them during our ceremony, but they managed to capture everything. And the pictures - I cried when I saw them. We wanted pictures that were unique and fun and captured who we are, which is exactly what the Wiebners did. They are so amazing and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. I asked my husband if we could hire them to follow us around in our everyday lives and take pictures because their work is just so incredible. He didn't go for it, but we know we'll be seeing the Wiebners for years to come for family and kids sessions! Hiring the Wibners was by far the best decision we made in the wedding planning process.

The Wiebners are not only amazing photographers, they are amazing people. After our first visit with them to discuss our wedding, we left realizing that we me an amazing couple. The fun, laughter, and love that was exchanged between them was infectious! I stalked their photography blog on a regular basis and usually ended up with tears in my eyes because they ALWAYS capture emotion when they shoot events.

We had a very tight budget for our wedding and we decided to splurge a little on our photos. This is a decision that we never regretted. I look at my wedding photos all the time and love them more than I can say. Expressions, emotions, and moments were caught on camera that ended up being priceless to us. I can think of a specific photo of my dad in a rare moment of tear-filled emotion that is now mine forever to keep. I cannot put a price on that.

Joel and Rita are a fantastic team. They are absolutely fun, fun, fun, but completely professional at the same time. They know their craft. I urge you to meet them and let them do what they do. Be adventurous with them. You just might find yourselves on a rooftop, on a crisp October day, having pictures taken that capture the beginning of the rest of your life.

Megan · Married on 06/26/2010

The Wiebners were referred to us and we are so thankful that they were...we LOVE our pictures and look forward to enjoying them for many years to come!

Kathryn · Married on 06/11/2010

The Wiebners have an eye for capturing those classic moments you want to hold on to forever. I was absolutely impressed with them the first time I met them. There was no pressure, and they made us feel very comfortable. I never waited more than 24 hours for a response when I had questions or concerns. Both Rita and Joel are very professional, but extremely fun and easy going. They were very organized, and actually helped me remember some photo locations I requested, which slipped my mind the day of the wedding. At the reception we didn't even notice they were there, yet they captured everything beautifully! I can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Lindsay · Married on 05/15/2010

The Wiebners photographed our wedding in May. They were not only very easy to keep in contact with, they were extremely orgainzed. When the day of the wedding came I had absolutely nothing to worry about when it came to them! It was so much fun to work with them!! They're great and definitely put you at ease and were a TON OF FUN! They have UNIQUE ideas, and are defintely far from your typical cookie cutter wedding photograhers. The end product was absolutely amazing, they captured the essence of the day even better than I remembered it...and I lived it. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend them for any brides looking for amazing, CREATIVE photographers.

Alissa · Married on 10/10/2009

We were so happy and lucky to work with Rita & Joel for our wedding. They were a blast to have around and made us feel completely at ease...not to mention that every picture was fantastic! Having great quality photos we can have forever to remember the day was a #1 priority for us, and the Wiebners went above and beyond our expectations.

We can't wait to work with them again...I foresee many future family portrait sessions!

Brittaney · Married on 08/07/2009

The Wiebners are the best in PA... end of story. I had done a lot of research on photographers in PA, with many many hours surfing the internet... and I still kept coming back to the Wiebners as my favorite... From the first minute of our meeting, I knew they were the photograhers for us. Their photos will capture your spirit like never before. We love looking back at our wedding pictures because it is like living our dream day all over again... I cannot say enough great things about the Wiebners, anyone who picks them to be their photographer will not be disappointed!

• soon2bmrsmcgrath

Jillian · Married on 10/18/2008

Joel and Rita are such a wonderful couple to work with and did such an amazing job working with us for our wedding day photography. They are so talented and creative you cannot go wrong with choosing them to photograph your wedding. I will be going back to them for future family portraits.

Alisa · Married on 08/31/2008

Rita and Joel are simply fantastic. Their photos are among the most original and beautiful wedding photos that I have ever seen. We have received complements from everyone we know, as well as complete strangers, as to how amazing the photos from our wedding are that the Wiebners posted on their blog. Perhaps the very best thing about the Wiebners is how down to earth, kind, intelligent and fun they are to be around. It was a pleasure and an honor to share our wedding day with them. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

We can't wait to find another occasion to hire the Wiebners. They are that good.

Maria · Married on 08/22/2008

Joel and Rita are simply one word AMAZING!!!! They take the most unbelievable photos and they are so much fun to work with. The cost is a bit pricey, but well worth it. These are the images you will have for the rest of your life and if you want the best, then you want the Wiebners.

Anita · Married on 07/26/2008

Joel and Rita are the greatest photographers out there! From their fun and relaxed meetings, to their beautiful pictures, we know that we are going to have the best wedding day pictures possible!