The White Horse Inn Reviews

The White Horse Inn 3
  • Mia

Mia · Married on 03/22/2019

Beautiful and Flexible!

We had a lot of last minute changes. We had to move it inside the day before due to weather. The guest count kept changing. We had to move the ceremony up an hour right when it was about to start. Everyone was so stinkin nice and understanding and just wanted everything to work out for US. I’m sure I was a pain in their ass, but they always made me feel like I was special and my wedding was the only one that ever mattered. We live four hours away, but it was so worth all those long drives. You can’t beat the location or the price. Our pictures turned out absolutely stunning with the waterfall behind us during the ceremony and with the rivers and forest. They also have the cutest guest house to get ready in! Bring your own lights and mirrors, though. 1000% recommend.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/19/2018

Wedding of our dreams!

We loved having our wedding at the White Horse Inn! Gary and Jeanne were wonderful hosts of the venue, Wendy was great to work with as a planned/coordinator, and Ryan made all of our cuisine dreams come true!

We rented the “treehouse” to use as a getting ready space, and we were a bit disappointed. We paid a cleaning deposit, and there were some less than ideal places in the treehouse that were not clean. The rooms had extremely dirty ceiling fans, and when we turned them on, dust flew everywhere. Thankfully we hadn’t removed any of our dresses from the bags.

Other than this very minor disappointment, we are so glad we had our wedding here. We can’t recommend the staff, the venue, and the experience enough! Thank you for making our wedding the easiest, most perfect day of our lives! Everything was planned to a T, and we couldn’t have done it without the White Horse Inn staff.

ALSO, the food was INCREDIBLE. I cannot stop dreaming about the stuffed chicken and green beans, absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Ms.Fox

Rori · Married on 05/27/2018

This venue is INCREDIBLE. The view and grounds are stunning and the staff is kind and responsive. They make the day run smoothly. Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/17/2018
    The White Horse Inn 4
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 05/27/2018

Amazing everything we dreamed of

This place is magical and beautiful! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    The White Horse Inn 5
    The White Horse Inn 6

Aimee · Married on 09/03/2017

The white horse was great! They were quick to answer any questions I had. They were very flexible with my schedule (as we lived out of town). The food was wonderful, beautiful scenery, and professional staff. There were so many included things in the price to. They really aim to please. Highly recommend. They made our wedding elegant and memorable.

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • I

Ivey · Married on 06/24/2017

We cannot thank the White horse inn enough. Our wedding went off without any issues. Jeanie and Garry were working with me for over a year to plan this wedding; being an out of state bride, I was worried that things would not go the way I had planned. But they made sure everything was perfect. They were there for me no matter what time of day or how far out we were from my wedding date. I never waited for more than a day for a response to a question or email. The venue is beautiful and despite the heat on my wedding day (being 112) not a single person complained and everyone said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too. White Horse also made sure that my husband and I got to eat some of the food we paid for; by the way it was amazing I had several of my guest comment that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. White Horse went above and beyond to make sure we did not have any issues, they helped get the cake delivered and out (it had to come late due to the heat). They even went to the trouble of making a special fruit salad for my mother-in-law due to allergies, and made sure my husband's stake was rare. All the staff went above and beyond to make this day perfect. I do need to give a special shout out to Wendy; my day of coordinator along side Jeanie and Gary. My mom had told Wendy to create Disney theme signature drinks; and she ran with the idea; the day of our wedding we had four amazing drinks and even though our group is not big on drinking every single person tried all four drinks and continued to go back for their favorite one. In conclusion, never in the year and half that I was planning this wedding did I feel like I was talking to a vendor; instead I felt like I was talking to people who were helping me have the wedding of my dreams. By the end of all of this Jeanie, Gary, Wendy, my husband and I all became one family; I could not have imagined not sharing my wedding day with White Horse.

We love you guys!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Eleanor · Married on 05/20/2017

I wouldn't go anywhere else!! The team is wonderful and so accommodating! They communicate with you about everything and they have so much knowledge. They have done so many weddings that they have an idea for what will work and what won't work for your wedding. They believe that your wedding day should be all about the the bride and groom and that it should be stress free! They were so wonderful and I can't wait to go back!

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 04/10/2016

Absolutely THE BEST people to work with. Jeanne and Gary are amazing people with great personalities that do an amazing job making sure that your day runs smoothly and takes the stress off of you. Everyone says that the day you get married whizzes by and you don't remember a thing... I remember EVERYTHING because Jeanne and Gary (and their staff) went above and beyond to make sure that our night was OUR NIGHT. Could not recommend them higher!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Megan · Married on 04/25/2015

Where do I begin? Jeanne & Gary, owners of The White Horse Inn, are PHENOMENAL! Not only is the venue absolutely BREATHTAKING and STUNNING, so is the service. Jeanne went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day was perfect...and OMG, it was Perfect. Jeanne was very hands on throughout my entire planning process. Anytime I called or emailed, she was RIGHT there to make sure I felt at ease and comfortable. My happiness was their #1 priority. Everyone always told me, "don't worry if something goes wrong, because something will always go wrong on your wedding day"... well it DIDN'T. Jeanne, Gary and their AMAZING staff created a paradise for my guests, my family, and my Husband & I to enjoy. The Food was AMAZING. Everyone raved at how delicious everything was--from the appetizers, to the main course. Even the manliest of men who attended the wedding ranted about how beautiful and fun our ceremony and reception was.
    I cannot say enough amazing things about Jeanne & Gary and The White Horse Inn. They became family to me, and The White Horse Inn will always hold a very dear place in my heart.
    If you're looking for a destination wedding that won't break the bank, and exceptional service, you found it. Really.

Sent on 04/28/2015

After doing some research of wedding venues in my area, The White Horse Inn was first on my list to visit based on affordability and the photos of the site online. It would become the only place I had to visit to make my decision. It's nestled in a small rocky mountain community where you would not expect to find such a glorious garden venue next to a flowing river which is used to add a variety of water features throughout the site. It is a must-see location! The couple who run this venue were charming, attentive, and responsive. They have been in the catering business for decades and therefore were able to provide an all inclusive ceremony and reception with no extra hidden fees. There's just not enough wonderful things I could say about my wedding experience at the White Horse Inn. The setting was the picture-perfect start to my marriage and I would highly recommend a consultation with the owners. :)

Sent on 04/12/2015

Vanessa · Married on 05/31/2014

The White Horse Inn is truly a fantastic and beautiful venue. It is a complete outdoor venue with accommodations for both ceremony, and reception. It is surrounded with greenery, trees, and even a river that runs next to it. The owners Jeanne and Gary White help with all of the wedding details. Jeanne helps plan, and coordinates the day of the wedding. And her husband Gary does the catering and was our officiant. Also, their staff members that help out throughout the entire day are fantastic! They are very kind, and professional. We had a lot of compliments about the venue, how great the staff were, great service,and great food.
    From the moment we met the owners Jeanne and Gary my husband and I knew we had found our venue. Jeanne and Gary are such great and friendly people. They are honest, direct, quick to reply, and organized. When we first visited the White Horse we went on a Saturday morning during the set up of a wedding. This was very helpful in being able to envision everything. The second time we visited, we went at night during another wedding to see what it looked like at night and to have a food tasting. The owners along with their staff were so kind and set up a private but separate table from the wedding reception so that we could enjoy the tasting. They went out of their way to even decorate the table. It was very romantic. Another thing we really liked was that we were able to use a lot of decor ideas that other venues do not allow. For our wedding, we were able to hang chandeliers, set up our own arches, use real candles, and sparklers. In addition, we were also allowed to bring our small dog to be apart of the wedding. She wandered around the day of our wedding and some one from the staff even put out a bowl of water for her. Our wedding was everything we had dreamed of and more. Thank you Jeanne and Gary for helping our dream wedding vision come true.
    I highly recommend The White Horse Inn to anyone that looking for a venue.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Mark · Married on 05/16/2014

Our exsperence was amazing at he white horse. Wr had to can el our wedding do to my wife being admitted to the hospital. They let us move our date a year later with only two days before the wedding at no charge. They would call just to see how my was doing. Then at the wedding it wasn t just a production that they ve done for twenty years. They cared, jeanie even cried during a speech. My pator daid it was the smoothest wedding he s ever been to. The venue speeks for itself. Its beautiful with its rivers but garry and genie are what made it such an amazing day. U two are amazing people!!!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Amie · Married on 05/10/2014

Jeanne and Gary are simply amazing. The passion they have for their weddings truly shows in their performance.The venue is nothing short of a fairytale wedding. The scenery was absolutely breath taking. I did my homework before coming upon this venue, I am so thankful I did :-) This venue throws others out of the ballpark by far. Both cost efficient, and very professional. Very frfriendly atmosphere. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Five stars in our book. One memorable day that's for sure. Thanks again Jeanne, Gary, and your wonderful staff :-)

Sheree · Married on 05/03/2014

As a guest of 3 different weddings, I was and am amazed by the personal, loving, creative & inspirational atmosphere Gary and Jeanne White give to each individual Bride & Groom. Their own commitment to love, surely is a witness & a platform for beautiful life long beginnings!

Diana · Married on 04/19/2014

Gary and Jeanne White have a beautiful mountain venue in Three Rivers, CA. The setting itself makes it easy to decorate. Everything was lush and green. The azaleas were blooming, and the river was flowing in April. The grounds are well-groomed and seem almost magical. It is as though you have escaped to another time and place. The Whites make you feel like your wedding is the most important one to them. They do an excellent job with every detail, and advise you honestly when they believe something will not work. The food was beautifully presented and delicious.There is ample parking. The staff, on the day of the wedding, were very attentive, professional, and helpful. I would highly recommend The White Horse Inn and their services. They are awesome folks!

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • User4202135 · 2+ years ago

I had my wedding at the White Horse Inn, Three Rivers in April (2014) and was very happy with the wedding venue. Gary and Jeanne White are very kind and personable, while constantly demonstrating a desire for your special day to be perfect. The venue encompassed all my wedding desires: a picturesque outdoor garden that sparkles with white twinkle lights...a truly a beautiful place for the most important people in your life to gather and celebrate the unity of family while binding two hearts in one love.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Courtney · Married on 03/28/2014

Gary and Jeanne are wonderful!!! My wedding was everything I hoped for and more!!! You can't go wrong with a beautiful river next to your venue!!! Our family and friends loved everything about the venue!!! I tell everyone about it and will always recommend The White Horse in Three Rivers!!! Thank you Gary and Jeanne for everything!!!

Jayme · Married on 03/23/2014

Jeanne and Gary White from The White Horse Inn made our wedding so perfect. I did not have one problem at all. They are amazing people and love what they do. They are there to make the day so special for the bride, groom and guest and that is exactly what they did. Gary's fabulous cooking and Jeannes wonderful oranization skills came together to have everyone enjoy there time. I did not stress one bit due to everything that they did. I would recommend them to anyone. The price was worth every penny.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Eileen · Married on 07/27/2013

Gary and Jeanne White are an amazing couple with an amazing venue. If you are looking for an outdoor venue in the Sequoia National Park area, you really should consider White Horse. Beautiful does not even begin to describe it. Perched above the river, the photo opportunities are endless. The food is AMAZING. We had chicken and prime rib and everyone said it was the best they had ever had. We rented the "Treehouse" the night before and night of ceremony for convenience for ourselves and family and it was great. And considering what they provide and do for you, their pricing is extremely reasonable. A year and a half later our friends and family are still telling us they have never been to a more beautiful or had more fun at a wedding.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Gary and Jeannie White were absolutely amazing. They made our day much more perfect than we ever could have imagined! A beautiful venue, delicious food, and very sweet people! Highly recommended venue

Sent on 04/29/2013