The White Dress Reviews

97 | Portland, OR

97 Reviews for The White Dress

Loved their wedding dress selection and I will be going back to buy my dress from here!!!! Such nice staff to work with too!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/02/2016

I had such a fabulous experience shopping for my wedding dress thanks to Carly. First off they greeted us with smiles, and champagne (what more could you want?). They had private rooms for each appointment that were well light, with big mirrors, and ample of room for your guests. They even brought in extra chairs. They have a great selection of beautiful gowns to try on that are realistic in pricing. Carly helped me pick something that would be good for my figure and kept me focused on what I wanted- I was thankful for that. Carly made me feel beautiful and like she was my friend. She was easy to get to know and had me laughing and crying. I was so happy with The White Dress that I cancelled my other appointment I had later that day and purchased my dress. Their staff were professional, welcoming, and I felt like I could trust them. I would recommend Carly and The White Dress to any bride looking for their dream dress. If you want to make multiple appointments for dress shopping make The White Dress your last appointment for the day. They give you a discount if you purchase your dress the day of your first appointment and you won't want to leave his salon without purchasing your dress! Thanks Carly you were amazing :)

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2016

I worked with one of the store managers on the day of my appointment. She was great! Made me feel very comfortable, not rushed. I was able to eliminate dresses and figure out the shape that looked best on me. I ended up with one of the least expensive dresses and she didn't pressure me at all or try to steer me to the more expensive dresses. I could tell she wanted me to find "the one" for me!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Amy · Married on 06/11/2016

I had an amazing and very fun experience at The White Dress with Carly! This store was my second stop and I couldn't be more impressed. We were offered champagne upon arrival and were taken back to a beautiful private room. Carly made the experience so enjoyable, took photos of me (and my guests that came along) and made the day feel really special. I did not feel pushed to purchase at all. Very clear price break down, organised and fun. It's all you could ask for. Thanks again Carly!

Sent on 12/31/2015

courtney · Married on 04/24/2016

I went to the boutique on Sunday with a solid 12 months to go before my wedding, so my expectations were very high and I had nothing to lose. The minute I walked into the doors I was greeted warmly and offered water and/or champagne. the women were SO pleasant to work with, and KatRina went above and beyond in making my experience one of a kind!! She was full of knowledge and the whole appointment went so smoothly. The dress selection is amazing and so budget friendly, I found MULTIPLE beautiful dresses for under $1,000.00 they have private rooms that are decorated so well. The whole place has a very chic and high-end feel. I felt like a million bucks and would recommend this place to EVERY BRIDE!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Michelle · Married on 04/17/2016

I went in the other night for my first dress shopping experience ever. I had made an appointment at the bridal show to go in. I truly thought I wouldn't find anything that I was looking for on my first trip out. Katrina was my consultant and from the beginning she was wonderful and polite. She helped me pick things, she talked with me while changing dresses and made the experience amazing. Then it happened I found the one....I started crying and Katrina just hugged me! It was an amazing moment and I am so glad she was a part of it with my friends there as well !! Would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Jennifer · Married on 02/29/2016

I was dreading finding the right dress (as many brides often do). I had been to two other places and this one finally had the atmosphere that I had been looking for in a con7venient downtown location without the pushy sales people or cattle-call feel I had elsewhere. Shayla at The White Dress made this process painless and exciting. She was great at keeping me on track and remembering the points I had told her in the beginning when I tried to stray and we ended up with exactly what I had been wanting. She followed up with one of the sweetest thank you cards I have ever received in my life and kept on top of the ordering process for me. Everything came in right on time, despite my not having given as much time as many vendors expect in this industry. I would recommend Shayla and The White Dress to anyone looking for a wedding dress in Portland or who could easily make it here. One thing that would have been neat is a Polaroid or digital picture taken by them with the cute sign they have. Still 5 stars!

Sent on 04/29/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 01/17/2016

The White Dress was amazing! I was early for my appointment, and they were able to get me started imediately. I worked with Danielle, and she was fantasitc with helping me find my dress. She worked with me for over two hours, and I tried on about 8 dresses total. She was very responsive to my tastes and was able to recommend options that I hadn't even considered. To top it off, the owner came in to make sure the appointment was running smoothly for me, and to congratulate me on finding my dress.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Lindsay · Married on 01/02/2016

The White Dress is one-of-a-kind!! This past weekend was my first time trying on gowns and from the moment you walk in the door at The White Dress you are pampered; the store is gorgeous, the champagne is flowing, and the staff is patient, kind, and most of all, fun! We had a rowdy (or shall I say excited!) group and Amanda rolled with the punches beautifully. I kept my other appointments throughout the day but couldn't take my mind off of THE dress. We came back that evening and said YES to THE dress. It was one of the best moments of my life.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for making our dress shopping experience so memorable. All five of us (my mom, mother-in-law to be, sister-in-law to be, and auntie-in-law to be) gushed about your staff and service the rest of the weekend. I can't wait to come back for my fitting this summer.

Congratulations, Amanda, on your beautiful, new store. It's sure to be the #1 stop for many brides in the future.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/01/2015

Two weeks ago, my mom, my maid of honor, and 2 friends came into town to join me to dress shop and The White Dress was our first stop. Upon entering the salon we were cheerfully greeted by Danielle and the store owner Amanda. The decor was elegant and classy, yet very welcoming.
    We were shown to our beautiful private suite, given glasses of champagne, and then we headed out to the showroom to select dresses. Danielle advised us as to where the different shapes of dresses were located and told us to pick any and all that we liked. After everyone selected a few of our favorites it was time to try on. Danielle was awesome about opening up the dresses so I could easily step into them. She was attentive, patient, and listened to what I thought about each dress. After trying on a few and not feeling like I was getting anywhere Danielle assessed my feedback of the previous dresses and went and pulled a few others from the showroom. She was so right on! One of the dresses she picked caught my eye in the dressing room and I had to try it on. It was a dress I had passed by at first. I couldn't believe how perfect it was, I fell in LOVE! After seeing my reaction, she brought in a beaded belt and a veil that I could have sworn were made just for that dress. The accessories were just icing on the cake. It was perfect! I didn't even want to try on any other dresses. I had had the moment that I thought you only saw on TV, tears and all.
    I can't imagine a more perfect stylist. Danielle was down to earth, professional, and so much fun! I felt so relaxed with her, she made the process seamless. And she knew what I wanted and listened to my ideas and feedback. I can't wait to put my dress on again. And I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day!
    This was just such an unbelievably wonderful experience. I would recommend Danielle and The White Dress hands down to anyone looking for, not only the perfect wedding dress, but the perfect shopping experience.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2015

My mother flew in from out of town to help me find a wedding dress during one weekend. Most people recommend going to one bridal store per weekend. Not us we went to five wedding dress stores in two days. At the end of the weekend I had very real expectations on what dress shops had to offer both in quality or service and pricing.

We went to The White Dress last (I had pre-made an appointment at a Bridal Show on a whim). It was by far and away the best bridal boutique I went to. You walk in and immediately feel like a celebrity. The ladies at the front desk treat you and your party like queens, offering champagne or a NA beverage. You are then whisked away into a gorgeously decorated room. The room is set up perfectly, private but large enough for your guests to relax, there's also a separate room for you and your dedicated staff member to try on dresses so your friends still get that "wow" effect as you step out from behind the curtains.

With all this special attention, gorgeous dresses and amazing location you would think the price of wedding dresses would be astronomical. They're not! All the dress were very reasonably priced, most were even lower than other shops we visited.

The best part was, Felisha, our personalized staff member. She was the perfect blend of professional and friendly. She felt like one of my friends and had great suggestions on what would look good on my body type. The best part was that she really listened to me, and what I wanted. My mother and friend had A LOT of opinions which she listened to with a smile, but would always look to me for the direction I wanted to go in, not them. I ended up finding my perfect dress, but even if I hadn't I would still recommend this boutique to anyone looking for a dress. Just maybe don't go to the The White Dress first or you will be sorely disappointed by any other bridal boutique.

Sent on 05/31/2015

julia · Married on 10/09/2015

Beautiful, hard to find dresses. The store carries items you don't see in many places. Many dresses were beautiful but wasn't the right one. Then Danielle found one-- something totally unexpected, an exquisite dress, and I didn't want to take it off. Many of their dresses, particularly the ones by Rosa Clara are light weight sequences-- it's sequences sewn onto mesh-- so your dress doesn't weigh a thousand pounds. This store is how a bridal shop should be run-- and I made an appointment just 24 hours in advance.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Cori · Married on 09/12/2015

The minute I walked in I was on top of the world. It was very well lite, and asked if I would like anything to drink. I went in there with just my mom and sister to look at dresses. I worked with Felicia, she worked with me for at least two hours. They all care so much to find the right dress for all the brides. I tried on a least 8 or 9 dresses then I came out with one dress then my mom and sister loved it and I did to. That meant I found my dress. I said yes to the dress. I would highly recommending this place for anybody.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2015

Great experience, staff, and selection!! They made me feel extremely special and worked with my budget. Over all AMAZING, and almost make me wish I could wear a wedding dress every day!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Ellen · Married on 09/06/2015

The white dress is the place you want to go if you want to feel like a princess, like on one of those shows you find on TLC. The champagne definitely helps too. These ladies are by far the most patient and attentive sales associates I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Be aware these are the top of the line current lines, so they can be a little pricey. I suggest going when there's a trunk sale, you can get at least 10% off your purchase! Also, my dress came in about 3 months EARLY, which was wonderful!

Sent on 10/23/2015

I can't say enough about how thrilled I've been with my experience at The White Dress! I found both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses there on my first visit but felt absolutely no pressure. Katrina was amazingly helpful and actually picked out the dress that I wound up choosing but I never would've thought to try it on myself. They stayed late on a Friday night past closing to let me take all the time I needed to make the decision and never made me feel rushed. My bridesmaids are all over the country and Katrina has been so amazing at coordinating with them and making sure that everything keeps moving along according to plan.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Chandell · Married on 07/24/2015

The White Dress creates the experience all brides deserve when shopping for their wedding dress. I attended numerous dress stores that cannot even come close to competing with the same service, presentation, and quality of material that The White Dress possesses. When first walking in, it was so beautiful I thought there was no way I was going to be able to afford any of the dresses. Luckily, I was greeted by my welcoming stylist Felisha and she quickly eased any concerns I had. There is a dress that fits the budget for everybody. But even more importantly than budget, they have a wide array of different styles. The previous stores I attended all had styles that were so similar that I began seeing white and everything looked the same. Save yourself some time and make your first and your last stop The White Dress!

Sent on 06/14/2015

kristin · Married on 07/18/2015

I just got married this week in the Mayan Riviera in my beautiful wedding dress from The White Dress!! I have never felt so beautiful or special in my life as I did from the moment I walked into The White Dress. They greeted us with champagne and our own adorable bridal suite and Danielle did an amazing job picking out the perfect dresses for my style and short timeframe. She was so honest and helpful during the entire process that I didn't even look anywhere else! the first three dresses that Danielle picked out were absolutely amazing! I found my perfect dress (totally different than what I thought I wanted but PERFECT!) and Danielle was able to rush the dress with custom hemline to get here 2 weeks before we left for our destination wedding! she always kept me informed with how the process was going so I never had to worry! After reading so many horror reviews of bridal boutiques The White Dress has finally got it right! Thank you Danielle and team for making me such a beautiful bride on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Carmen · Married on 09/16/2017

Going wedding dress shopping here is everything you imagine- from the beautiful show room, to the champagne, to your own private suite, it's magical. I didn't feel bridal until I came here. I brought my 2 best friends and we had Shayla as my stylist, she is AMAZING. Very kind, patient, and very knowledgeable. We had a 1.5 hours to try and pick on dresses, and didn't feel rushed at all. We all got to pick different styles in my budget ($1000). After about the 5 dress, I found the one! Shayla educated me on the different types of bustles to do, accessories to add, and different colors it comes in. I ended up not getting the veil on this trip, but got it when I came back to pick up the dress. The only small downfall is that the dress was about $200 higher than my budget, but if you order it the day of they give you a 10% off discount- but still think they should stay within their budget. I didn't know until after I fell in love. I highly recommend coming here, I promise you'll feel like a bride.

Sent on 11/09/2017
  • Kailyn

Kailyn Huntley · Married on 06/05/2020

The Grand Treatment

When I originally booked appointments for wedding dress shopping I did not have The White Dress in mind. I thought the dresses would be out of my price range with how upscale it is. My mom convinced me to make an appointment because they had a designer she loved and boy was I glad I did! I originally booked appointments at four bridal salons that were all discount or pre-owned shops. After some convincing I booked an appointment at The White Dress. Due to how I set up the other appointments I ended up booking The White Dress as my first shop to stop into. My stylist was Carly and she was AMAZING! You can tell she loves what she does and she made me feel extremely comfortable. I went in looking for a certain style but she had me try on all different types of dresses just so I could really see what everything looked like on me, even if I thought I would hate it. She listened to what I was looking for in a dress and she showed me all the different styles but still with the type of flare I was looking for. I had my mind set on a certain style of dress but thank goodness for Carly because I found my dress, and it was the total opposite of what I was looking for! I ended up with a strapless ball gown when I originally went in for a long sleeve a-line. If it wasn't for her having me try on all of the options I don't think I would have found my dress, or at least it would have been an exhaustive search! This was the first salon I went to and I was so impressed by the private rooms and champagne that I felt like a princess. This place is a must if you are looking for a dress. They listened to what I was looking for and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. They were respectful about my budget and never once tried to push me into something I couldn't afford. I highly recommend The White Dress in Portland to any bride looking for their dream dress. If you have the chance to have Carly as your stylist I would grab it as well! She knows what she is doing!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Thomas · Married on 06/07/2019

First try, found the one!

The very first place I booked an appointment to because they have a truck sale in dresses. I told them what I was looking for and the very first dress I tried on was the one. It didn’t have sleeves like I was dreaming about but the found a matching little coat so I could get them tailored on cheaper then have fresh sleeves constructed! All my boxes checked!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Ilse

Ilse · Married on 02/23/2019

Fun and spacious

Made my appointment during the Bridal Show in Portland. All the ladies were polite, asked questions, and answered my questions about any of the dresses I picked and tried on. Also, can't forget about the complimentary champagne!

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • lorelli992

Laurel · Married on 07/21/2018

I bought my wedding dress here last weekend. From the minute I stepped in, I felt incredibly well taken care of!

My sister and I were offered champagne, water, or tea upon coming in, and when the appointment started, the consultant (Krystal, if I remember correctly) listened to my wants in a dress and let me pick out the first few to try on. After she got to know me and my dress wants a bit more, she started pulling dresses and bringing hem back. She was so patient, and friendly.

I am pretty indecisive, but Krystal never wavered in her excitement of my process. I put on the same handful of dresses 2 or 3 times, and she let me take my time and really feel good about my decision. It was the best time and I am SO THRILLED about my dress!!!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

I went there as my first stop of dress shopping, and it was fantastic. The White Dress do have a small selection of dresses, but the selection they have is pretty comprehensive yet unique. I tried only a couple and was able to narrow down "the one" easily. After the White Dress, I went to 4 more other dress shops and ended up coming back for the dress I picked at my first stop, and feel really happy about my decision. I'm now really looking forward to put on that dress for my big day. Krystal is my stylist and she is doing a great job in picking up dresses that will look good on me based on what I have told her. She is very patient and willing to sit down listen and understand what you really want. Overall, great experience, convenient location, would absolutely recommend to all of my friends that are looking for wedding gowns.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Chloe · Married on 11/06/2016

First of all, the inside of the bridal boutique is absolutely gorgeous. It is pink and glittery and any girls DREAM. The girls there are so super sweet and fun and really try their best to take care of you in the best way possible. My dress was TO DIE FOR. I had a Ella Rosa dress, A-line ballgown and never wanted to take it off. I ordered it expedite and had the designer hem it for me, which was an additional cost upfront, but totally worth it. The only thing I would suggest is for The White Dress to get an in house seamstress. DO NOT go to Custom Fit to You to get your dress altered. I cannot stress that enough. I had the WORST experience there. The first initial fitting, she moved locations and didnt even tell me, so i traveled 30+ minutes when i could have only traveled 10. Plus she tried to blame the miscommunication on me, saying i did not keep a text she sent, when I had never deleted any messages from her. THEN, I also had my bridesmaids have their dresses altered there. We picked up my dress and their dresses on the same day. I tried mine on but she didnt let my girls try them on and then when they tried them on at home, NONE of them fit. The arms were too small, one of my girls dresses looked like she hadn't even touched it, and when I texted her asking about it (you have to text because she wont answer phone calls either or return them) she told me it would cos another $100 to fix EACH dress. I had a family friend fix the dresses for free, and she said the dresses were not even altered and that Lei did a $10 job it was so bad. My dress was fine but up close, you could tell it was not the best. Plus during my reception I was lifted up and my zipper unraveled at the seam... My mom packed a sewing kit and was able to fix it day of.

So PLEASE PLEASE go to The White Dress for your dress! You will have the most amazing experience and they have the prettiest dresses! The White Dress is so wonderful I do not want their name to be tainted by a bad seamstress!

Sent on 12/01/2016