The White Dress Reviews

97 | Portland, OR

97 Reviews for The White Dress

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

Such a great experience saying yes to the dress here! I worked with Felicia who was super helpful. Beautiful shop!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Katie · Married on 07/07/2017

This bridal dress shop was absolutely incredible, and so willing to accommodate me in every way! My dress appointment was incredible, with a stylist who really paid attention to what I wanted in a dress, while staying true to my price point. Once I had found my dress, they let my family take multiple pictures, a practice I feel most shops don't do. To top it off, my dress came in almost three months earlier than promised, and it barely needs alterations (I got a custom length, highly recommend). They were so understanding when I called in a panic saying I would be late for an appointment due to traffic. All in all, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this place for every bride! It was above and beyond my expectations for service, quality, and overall experience! Happy bride :) BTW Nancy was my consultant and she is just the sweetest girl ever!!!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Emily · Married on 06/25/2017

I am so happy I went to The White Dress to find my wedding dress! Their dress selection was fantastic and the staff was so welcoming from the moment we walked in. I worked with Kelly to find my dress and she was amazing! She was so sweet and really listened to what I was hoping to look like on my wedding day. I tried on the first dress I'd chosen and loved the top, I tried on the second dress I'd chosen and loved the bottom, and then Kelly pulled the most perfect dress that combined everything I loved from the first two. We were in and out in 45 minutes because of the great service and selection :) With a few minor alterations (adding sleeves and removing a scalloped portion of lace on the bodice) it was the dress I've been dreaming of my whole life!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Teresa · Married on 06/17/2017

Im a couple months late writing my review, but i had such a great experience and i found my perfect dress!! Shetawn was my stylist, she was very sweet, professional, and helpful. They have a large selection and prices for any budget. I also loved how accommodating they are for bringing along your friends and the complimentary champagne was a nice touch :) I cant wait to pick up my dress!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Bobbie · Married on 06/17/2017

Wonderful to work with. They welcomed my family with me to try on dresses and made the experience so comfortable. Shayla was amazing to work with and helped me find the perfect gown for our special day. The prices were reasonable and they had a great variety of dresses and accessories for brides and bridal parties.

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

This place was incredible. The gorgeous shop, private rooms, and champagne made me feel like a princess! Carly listened to my vision and picked out some wonderful dresses. She then sent my mother, the groom's mother, and I to go look through the rest of their selection to see if any spoke to us that she hadn't already chosen. She made sure to keep us within our budget. I actually loved this part because I ended up choosing a dress that was a little different than what I thought I wanted. I never would have found it had she not sent us to poke through their collection. Carly treated all three of us with the utmost respect and made me feel truly beautiful. The White Dress also offers a discount if you buy the dress on your first visit! Some reviewers have said that they felt pressured because of this, but it was not the case for me. It was definitely an added bonus, because I knew I wanted my dress as soon as I put it on. They also gave me some vendor suggestions that were super helpful. I will definitely recommend The White Dress to all of my friends!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Carly · Married on 06/10/2017

I worked with Shayla at the White Dress to find my wedding dress. I scheduled an appointment and was in and out in less than hour. I tried on about 7 or 8 dresses and found a dress that was no where near what I thought I would get, but I am SO happy with what I chose. The price point was well within my budget and the White Dress gives a 10% discount if you purchase a dress during your first appointment (no leaving the store to "think about it"). My future sister-in-law also went to the White Dress and I ran into Shayla (she remembered me!) and gave me an update on how my dress was coming along. It came in earlier than expected, which was great. I got so many compliments on my dress throughout my wedding and I am sad I won't wear it again!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Kristina · Married on 06/03/2017

I can’t say enough about The White Dress! I happened to be in Portland with my mom for a conference and we decided to go wedding dress shopping. We stopped by The White Dress and were able to make an appointment for later that day. The staff was so wonderful and treated us like royalty. It was so nice to have our own private room and staff member to help us through trying on dresses. Krystle was my stylist and did a wonderful job helping me pick a dress. She not only asked questions to get to know what I was looking for but she also paid attention to me when I tried on a dress to see how I reacted and if I was comfortable in it. After falling in love with a dress I was worried I wouldn’t be able to purchase it since I live in Virginia, but they were able to ship the dress from the shop to my house! To top off the wonderful experience I was able to get my dress, veil, and shipping from Oregon to Virginia for was under my budget! I would recommend The White Dress to anyone! The staff is so wonderful and they go out of their way to make sure you not only find a dress that you love, but also have the best experience possible.

Sent on 02/21/2017

I went to the White Dress when I was first engaged and tried on dresses with Shayla. She was so sweet and not at all pushy which was great because I was not at all ready to make a decision. A few months later we went back to Shayla and she was amazing. She listened to budget and what I liked and didn't like. She was extremely patient as I face timed my mom and tried on two dresses over and over again! She made my dress buying experience really easy and she was really understanding. I was not looking forward to dress buying but I think Shayla made the experience as good as it could have been with her patience and calm nature! I cannot express enough how I credit this positive experience to Shayla's personality and nature.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Brooklynn · Married on 05/21/2017

I had a great experience with Kelly from The White Dress! She was so patient and worked with me twice to come in and try on a million dresses. I couldn't thank her enough for helping me find my perfect dress.

Sent on 09/08/2016
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/29/2017

I absolutely loved this place! Kelly was my consultant and she was amazing! I had a rather large party with me (7 other people) and Kelly balanced their opinions and mine very well. The White Dress accommodated for such a large party by providing us with their larger private room and had no problem with them bringing party favors. Being a private bridal boutique their selection of dresses seem smaller than most but the quality and style of the dresses were absolutely perfect! I had a smaller budget and a very specific description in mind, Kelly found it for me with no problem! Even if for some reason the dress for you is not here, the experience alone was nothing short of perfect!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Lyssi · Married on 03/05/2017

The White Dress was my savior! I originally bought my dress from Davids Bridal before I moved to Oregon. My experience with them was the worst and they ended up ruining my dress with alterations and sizing issues 2 weeks before my wedding. I called The White Dress to see if there was anything they could do for me, and I was able to get an appt within a few days of my call. I can't remember the woman's name who helped me, but she was supportive and did everything she could to help me find not just a replacement dress, but a dress that made me feel beautiful and that was 1000x better than my original. We had a 1920s themed wedding, which makes finding the perfect dress even more difficult. The few sample dresses they had would not have been able to be altered and repaired in time for the wedding so she called the owner and worked it out for me to be able to find something off the rack. I found the most incredible dress! They even held the dress until I was able to reach one of their recommended alterations companies to ensure I would be able to get it altered in time. If it wasn't for The White Dress, I don't know if I would have felt as beautiful and happy on my wedding day. So thank you! I highly recommend them :)

Sent on 03/22/2017

Savannah · Married on 01/07/2017

The White Dress made my dress shopping experience absolutely PERFECT. My group had a room all to ourselves with a private dressing room, too--and a beautiful room, at that! The entire boutique is gorgeous. All the bridal specialists there are so sweet and professional. Krystle listened to exactly what I was looking for and respected my budget--she pulled THE dress for me. It made me feel like she really heard what I wanted. I couldn't have been more impressed with The White Dress, but then after visiting other gown boutiques, I realized they blew everyone else out of the water. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Sara · Married on 12/23/2016

I was so impressed by the way I (and the people with me) was treated from the very beginning until checkout. My assistant was patient and flexible and listened carefully to my curvy-girl requirements, helping me into and out of dresses and making my feel instantly at ease. No sales pitches, no pressure - just a surprisingly delightful experience!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 10/15/2016

I got to work with Krystle and she was amazing!! She was so helpful and really took the time to listen to what was working and wasn't working for me with each of the dresses. She stayed really positive and never tried to pressure me to buy anything! The store is beautiful and really helps make you feel like you matter with your own fitting room suite. I'm so glad we made the trip to Portland to go to this store for my wedding dress!

Sent on 03/22/2016

I had an appointment with Felecia in early January and let me just saw...WOW! You walk in and there are gorgeous flowers, white marble and the friendliest staff. Felecia helped me sort through my thoughts and gave honest feedback while having a great sense of humor. The selection is great and they carry my favorite designers...I found my dress and left feeling like a million bucks. Thank you!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Gorgeous salon. They were very accommodating of all the people I brought with me and the private rooms were so perfect. Loved the champagne when we got there. My stylist was so sweet and very helpful. Found the perfect dress and was right within my budget. I'm looking forward to the dress getting here!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Carmen · Married on 09/17/2016

My experience at The White Dress was perfect. They had dresses in my budget, the ladies were so friendly and helped me decide on jewelry and veil , and they were flexible with me since I was living out of the state. I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Shayla was confident, fun and friendly to work with, and from what I saw, almost every consultant there is the same way. She read my personality, and worked hard for me to find the right dress. Even though she let me and my entourage pick out a few dresses, I insisted she find something for me, and what she picked was ultimately what I fell in love with.
    These wedding consultants are knowledgeable and definitely work hard to give you that confidence boost you need. I wont lie, they are all 100% there for the sale, and while that isn't something I am a fan of, I respect it. There are other boutiques that wont push you to buy right then and there, so if you aren't comfortable with the hard sell or saying no, shop around before you visit The White Dress.
    But PLEASE go to the White Dress and see what they have to offer, it is well worth the visit!

Sent on 02/26/2016

Hannah · Married on 09/10/2016

My daughter and I loved our experience at The White Dress! The beauty of their salon, selection and helpful staff was top notch.

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/10/2016

I had such a great experience with this boutique! They were the last shop I visited while searching for my wedding dress and it was so worth the wait. The store is absolutely beautiful and felt like everything a dress shopping experience should be. The selection they had was great, and I was lucky enough to be there on the day they were having a trunk show of a designer I loved. I worked with a few stylists there and they were all wonderful! They were super helpful and accommodating with any questions I needed from the time I got there to when I picked up the dress. I absolutely loved this place!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/04/2016

My experience at The White Dress was so wonderful. After a long and exhausting day of dress shopping, The White Dress was my last stop. From the moment you walk in, from the staff to the decor, they make you feel so special. Champaign in hand, my mom, friends and I were able to browse the selection of dresses they had, as well as taking suggestions from my bridal stylist, Krystle. By this time I had been there, done that and new what styles I liked. Krystle was so incredible and could basically read my mind. My party and I had our own dressing suite, complete with a couch and wall-to-wall mirror. I was able to make a confirm, no doubt about it decision after 4 or 5 dresses. It was a dress with a combination of everything that the other dresses at the previous 3 shops had been lacking. Funny thing is, I even passed by this dress, but it was Krystle who said I should try it on. Because I said yes to the dress at that time, they also gave me 10% off! Such an added bonus. The White Dress is my #1 recommendation for brides in the Portland, OR area... or even from out of town (I live in Spokane, WA).

Sent on 05/04/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2016

I wasn't planning on buying my dress since my Mom couldn't come to the appointment with me, but in the end I said yes to a beautiful dress! The store itself is very nicely decorated, pretty rooms, plenty of space, privacy, and all the employees were fantastic. I worked with Shetawn and she made my experience so nice and fun. I was worried heading into dress shopping but she definitely calmed all my fears and help me find the perfect dress.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Jaci · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot begin to say enough good things about The White Dress and the stylist we worked with, Carly! I'm really not someone who likes to be the center of attention and I REALLY hate trying things on in stores. But she got me talking and made me really comfortable.
    The champagne didn't hurt either. :)
    All the private dressing areas were beautiful and, as the name implied, private. It wasn't a bunch of dressing rooms and one area with a mirror. Instead there were different rooms with couches, dressing areas and one wall was a mirror.
    I never felt pressured or rushed. And eventually I found the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2016

The White Dress was amazing! Felisha was great, very helpful at staying within my budget. The private dressing area for you and your guests was very roomy & the champagne added a classy touch to our visit. I found my dress here and was so happy with the experience and can't wait to walk down the aisle in my gown!

Sent on 08/20/2015