The Wheeler House Reviews

159 | Ball Ground, GA

159 Reviews for The Wheeler House

Abby · Married on 05/31/2014

Beautiful venue!! My wedding was exactly what I had dreamed of. I made my own decorations, but the Wheeler house team set everything up perfectly. The day of my wedding went so smoothly. We had a back up plan for rain, but thankfully we didn't have to use it. They were well prepared for any situation. The wedding coordinator, Karen, was beyond helpful. She went above and beyond to answer questions that I might have. She recommended quality vendors. This venue would not be as what it is with out Karen.

Sent on 06/07/2014

3.8
      3.5

TWH was the perfect venue for our wedding! They were very helpful and responsive the day of the wedding. I would definitely recommend TWH for a friend. The only problem we had was a miscommunication regarding the cost of decorations. When we came to visit TWH for an initial consultation they had beautiful décor in the bar. We were told that everything we saw that day would be included in the price, when some of the décor was not included it was just left over from a previous wedding. We ended up having to pay more but it was worth it in the end. Outside of that bump in the road, our day was everything I wanted and more. Just make sure when you are touring the venue, ask plenty of questions like what is included and not included.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Kaj · Married on 09/29/2012

3.8
      3.0

The Wheeler House is a beautiful venue for a small wedding (100 people or less). They provide the basics and you are responsible for most of the decorations and other details. A great place to go if you are on a tight budget.

Sent on 11/14/2012

3.6
      3.5

This is an absolutely gorgeous venue and I'd like to start by saying that all in all, our wedding day turned out great. We booked our wedding here for both the ceremony and reception and it was the only venue we looked at because of how nice everything was.
    We had several issues when attempting to contact the staff at TWH throughout our engagement. We called and left messages and never heard back. We also went by the house (after confirming with the staff via email that we could come by) to pay and to sign paperwork and twice, no staff were on the premises. It's quite a drive to get to the venue and after confirming with staff that we would be there before their closing hours, it was frustrating that no one was there. We were told to come 30 minutes early the day of our rehearsal to sign paperwork and when we arrived, all the doors were locked with "no-entry" signs posted and we knocked and waited for over ten minutes. No one came out of the house/answered the door until 5 minutes before our rehearsal was scheduled to begin. At this point we were asked why we didn't call them while standing on the front porch waiting for them to answer the door. That being said...the best way to contact them seemed to be via email.
    We was told that the fireplace in the barn would be lit during the ceremony and reception and around 3:30pm, they realized the fire place didn't work (which apparently has happened many times before) so there was no fire. In addition, we were told to bring fire wood for the outdoor fire pit if we wanted a fire...we planned to have a smores bar and brought a truck full of fire wood the day of the wedding. Because the smores bar was for the cocktail hour, we only planned for one passed hors d'oeuvre in addition. The fire wasn't even lit for the cocktail hour and we had to question the staff about it before it was taken care of (in time for the reception).
    These may be small things for some people, but they were important things to us on our day.

Sent on 02/25/2017

maggie · Married on 10/13/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

Our overall experience of our wedding was amazing! We had our ceremony and reception there. The venue was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. Lee is a dear friend of my husband and couldn't have been nicer to work with. Lee was so helpful and willing to do anything to make our wedding special to us.

If there was one thing that made my grade of the wedding low, it would have been the wedding planner Lindsay. She was incredibly hard to get in contact with, and to be honest, I had to talk to Lee about 90% of the time. I emailed and called her numerous times and she wouldn't return the correspondence. I ended up having to talk to Lee about details that a planner should have talked to me about. I had to plan EVERYTHING myself, and the 2 times I did talk to Lindsay was about a week before my wedding- every bride should understand how stressful it was to not talk to the planner until almost the wedding day, especially since I was coming 400 miles out of town where I couldn't just check on things myself. Lindsay actually told me she was too busy to talk to me for a few weeks because of other brides and her schoolwork. Wow- that made me feel very special. On my wedding day she didn't show up until a few hours beforehand (because her son had a soccer game), and at that point my wonderful bridesmaids had already done most of her job. At the time I wasn't going to let anyone ruin such a wonderful day in my life, but looking back she was incredibly unprofessional and unhelpful.

Sent on 01/29/2013

1.4
      1.0

The venue is beautiful, they just need new wedding coordinators. The actual wedding day went well but my wedding coordinator was horrible.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Dana Sigman · Married on 02/23/2019

1.2
      2.0

Terrible professionalism

This place was the worst choice ever made to invest my money. They only truly care on that first initial tour and contract signing day and then after that nothing. The wedding coordinators never seem to talk to their own contracted vendors included in each package. The DJ included in package has an awful sound system, had I've known that I would have booked an outside vendor. The wedding coordinator on day of wedding was just sitting in her office. This place will schedule a rehearsal for some other couple getting married the day after your own wedding on the day of your wedding..so while things are getting set up, random strangers are walking around, getting in the way. And I even had one person walk all the way up to the bridal suite the day we were all getting ready looking for where "their rehearsal" was located! To top off the worst experience, professionalism, manners, business ever....at the end of the night instead of coming to get me or at least let me tell one of my girls that we needed to start packing up our stuff from the bridal suite, they shoved all my stuff into some plastic bag and started putting it on the porch outside while it was raining!!! I would never recommend this place to anyone, yes it is a great affordable package, but honestly for $2000-$3000 more you can save yourself the headache, rudeness, and lack of attention that the Wheeler House provides after signing the dotted line!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Louise · Married on 10/03/2015

0.0

While the venue is beautiful, the event planners are way too controlling DAY OF without telling you many hidden costs and rules that are suitable for a middle school party and NOT a wedding. Way tooo much nonsense annoying bride and groom day of when they should have taken care of details prior. If you want a barn setting there are many in area that won\'t surprise you with hidden costs and rules. When you pay that much money for a venue....a quality event should be the result...they don\'t deliver anything but a pretty setting...DON\'T do it.....your money will get better value elsewhere. RUDE event planner during wedding to guests, bride and groom....Just unprofessional and nobody spending that kind of money needs to be bullied by a young brat without a clue. Her name was Alison....don\'t buy the \'sweet bs on the front end\"

Sent on 10/06/2015

Katherine · Married on 12/15/2013

0.0

Before writing a negative review, I tried to take my concerns up with the owner of the Wheeler House, Lee Lusk and although he first responded to acknowledge my e-mail, he promised to investigate and get back to me. It's been about 2 months with no response. Thus, I will finally post my review of this venue. I would strongly suggest brides to look at other venues.

My wedding was in December and unfortunately for me, my wedding day happened on one of the coldest days in December. One of my worst fears came true despite having multiple conversations with Debbie and Karen at The Wheeler House to make sure the venue was warm and cozy. Overall, I was not happy with my experience on my wedding day and how the Wheeler House handled everything and the misleading costs associated with what I was presented in the beginning. I overpaid for this venue. I was incredibly cold, shaking during my ceremony and I had plenty of guests who had to leave early because of how cold it was in the barn. The heaters broke and they did not do anything to fix the problem. I would advise you to choose a venue that has been in the business longer, HONEST to you about cost and follow through with everything they told you would happen on your BIG day. At the end of the day, they did not seem to care, which is obvious by the owner never getting back to me about my concerns.

Sent on 03/23/2014