The Wheeler House Reviews

158 | Ball Ground, GA

158 Reviews for The Wheeler House

Alli · Married on 08/14/2015

The Wheeler House team exceed our expectations for our wedding. I couldn't be more happy. For the Brides who are concerned about the heat, it wasn't bad. I worried for no reason. We received several compliments on the venue and entertainment. The Wheeler house truly works with the best vendors in the business. It was wonderful!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Alissa · event on: 07/25/2015

This venue is absolutely beautiful with amazing coordinators. I must say that having my wedding here was the best choice of all the million Georgia barn venues I searched through and visited! The coordinator (Laura is who helped us) were so helpful and were on call any time I needed her. I truthfully had the best time of my life! Thank you wheeler house for making my wedding absolutely stunning!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Mary · Married on 05/30/2015

The Wheeler House was everything we imagined for our wedding and then some. Laura did a superb job with helping organize all the details and making sure everything was on track. We truly had a fairy tale wedding and want to thank the Wheeler House for helping make our day that much more special.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Caroline · Married on 05/23/2015

Ever since the first time I saw the Wheeler House, I knew it was the perfect venue for my dream wedding. The Wheeler House definitely met my expectations during the wedding planning process and on the big day! The wedding day was perfect from spending the day getting ready with my bridesmaids, to our ceremony, to our reception and dancing the night away under the lights. The venue in itself is beautiful! Ashley went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. She is so easy to work with along with everyone else at the Wheeler House. She made sure I did not have to stress or worry about anything and did whatever she could to help us. She was prompt with answering all my calls and emails during the wedding planning process. Ashley listened to all my ideas on how I envisioned my wedding to be. She assisted us in making my ideas become a reality. The day of the wedding was everything I dreamed it would be, due to so many people working behind the scenes. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with!

Sent on 06/05/2015

The Wheeler House was an amazing venue and the people working there made it even better. Everyone in the staff was so helpful and nice; it made our experience so great. Everything about the house is just absolutely beautiful. From the old wooden doors, to the chandeliers, the place was perfect! The layout is flawless for an outdoor wedding. Overall, great experience!

Sent on 05/13/2015

The cottages were the perfect complement to The Wheeler House and turned our daughter’s wedding day into an unforgettable wedding weekend! As parents of the bride, we were excited to have such comfortable accommodations so close to the Wheeler House. We stayed at the cottages with the entire wedding party and the parents of the groom. All three cottages were uniquely and tastefully decorated with the southern charm found in The Wheeler House!
    One of our daughter’s favorite parts of the weekend was having all of bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law all in the main cottage getting ready for the big day and enjoying all of those special moments together in a place that was comfortable and felt like home. I know the guys all enjoyed spending the day together as well!
    Our daughter and son in law loved the cottages so much they even spent their wedding night there so we could enjoy every last second with friends and family!
    The Wheeler House is definitely a one-of-a-kind venue and the cottages are the perfect finishing touch!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Caitlin · Married on 04/04/2015

My husband and I had the most magical wedding at the Wheeler House. Ashley and Kaleigh were amazing and helped meet our every need. I wish we could go back and do it all over again!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Sydney · Married on 03/30/2015

Working with the Wheeler House couldn't have been easier. Laura made everything so simple and their inclusive package was a dream. The venue is beautiful and the vendors were great. Very professional and friendly! Part of me wants to recommend this venue to everyone and another part of me wants to keep it to myself!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Kristin · Married on 03/28/2015

The Wheeler House was wonderful! I cannot say enough nice things about the venue and the staff. Everything about The Wheeler House is perfect from getting ready with my bridal part in the home, to the outdoor arbor ceremony, and the beautiful barn complete with chandeliers and draping - it's beautiful. The venue is gorgeous and the price is right but the staff makes all of the difference. From Day 1, Laura was a god send. She was a true professional and is amazingly good at her job. (I would have her coordinate my life if I could.) I don't think my day would have been as perfect as it was were it not for Laura and Ashley. In addition, I had the pleasure of staying at the new bridal cottages with my bridesmaids. These cottages are PERFECT with a nice comfy gathering area complete with full kitchen and plenty of beds to hold all the maids. It was a much better way to spend the night before my wedding than a booking few hotel rooms. The Wheeler House team worked tirelessly to make sure my entire weekend was perfect and I couldn't be happier with how everything went. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Marla · Married on 12/07/2014

Our daughter's wedding was held here early in December. The site is beautiful for a classy barn venue event. We were fortunate that it was warm day on the wedding day and were able to make the last minute decision to hold the ceremony outside - which was lovely! From the outdoor ceremony venue, to the victorian house cocktail hour, to the barn reception, everything was in tip-top shape - we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Our wedding coordinator became "one of the family" during the planning of the event. She was extremely helpful in helping guide us and provide input on vendors. One the day of the wedding, she orchestrated everything very professionally, but always in the background.

The wedding turned out exactly as my daughter envisioned - maybe even better! We are grateful to The Wheeler House and their staff for making her big day a dream come true!

Sent on 12/23/2014

As a photographer for the wedding, I have to say this place is wonderful. It has many more photo quality areas than any other venue I've been to. It's well designed and thought out with a very vintage feel. Of all the weddings I've shot, this is my favorite place so far.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Alana · Married on 11/08/2014

This was a dream venue to have my wedding...I could not have asked for anything more. My girls and I loved the day we spent at the venue with brunch before the wedding. The Wheeler Hose had a major part in maximizing the full experience of getting married.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Morgan · Married on 10/31/2014

My wedding was perfect. I attribute my beautiful wedding 100% to working with my wedding coordinator Karen. It sounds super lame but Karen is my angel. To make a long story short we were missing a lot of decorations 2 hours before my wedding- I was short staffed with family and friends who would help decorate the barn & Karen swooped in and made the place gorgeous in an hour and a half by herself - she made me and my mother go get ready. We scheduled an outside ceremony and it started raining right as I was about to walk out of the house. In 20 minutes Karen rearranged the barn & moved the guests inside. I was married successfully 30 minutes later. My guests had a wonderful time and thought the venue was gorgeous & it really was. If I had it to do all over again, which I wont, I would get married at the Wheeler House simply because of the high quality of service that I received from Karen. She was always polite, sincere, and flexible. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Morgan · Married on 10/30/2014

The Wheeler House is by far the most wonderful place I could have imagined for our wedding. We had a short engagement and our coordinator Laura, did everything possible to make our special day perfect! Having a short engagement can make planning stressful but Laura left no room for stress or worry and was quick to respond when I needed her!

She spoke with and coordinated with my vendors as well as kept everyone on track the day of. Nothing was left to chance and she even help set up! Everything went perfectly and it wouldn't have been the same without her.

The Wheeler House is the perfect venue for a wedding anytime of year! The fireplace and smores pit totally set the mood for the reception! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue and their staff! Love them all!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2014

The Wheeler House staff was very interested in making everything as perfect as possible. Laura was amazing!!! She has wonderful communication and helped in every way possible throughout the process. On the day of our wedding Laura was there to help with anything and everything! We couldn't have asked for a better staff! All of our guests were very pleased with the service and ambiance of the venue. They have new drapes that look amazing and just add to the beautiful setting. We could not have been more happy with our special day!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 10/25/2014

This was the PERFECT wedding venue. The staff is very knowledgeable and super accommodating! My reception was flawless from start to finish :)

A big thank you to Karen and Kaleigh for helping make my wedding day so special. Jake and I are eternally grateful for all your help!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Can't thank the staff at The Wheeler House enough for helping make our wedding absolutely perfect!!! We worked with Karen and Laura throughout the planning process, both of them terrific. Laura was our coordinator for the day of the wedding and she made sure everything and everyone was in the right place at the right time. It was such a pleasure to work with her and she was so wonderful throughout the whole process. She helped keep me calm and stress free on the day of the wedding, which was a bonus :) She always had a smile on her face, which was contagious. We were so happy with how everything turned out. It was truly better than what we had hoped for and imagined!! Our guests are still talking about how fun and elegant the wedding was. The Wheeler House is such a beautiful venue that it doesn't need additional decor besides adding a personal touch, which saved us a ton of money. I would HIGHLY recommend at least checking it out before you settle on another site. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Taryn · Married on 10/17/2014

We could not have asked for anything more! Our wedding day was perfect :) Kaleigh made it so easy to be worry free & did whatever she could to help. Our guests were obsessed with The Wheeler House, as well. 5 stars for sure!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Heather · Married on 10/12/2014

Thank you so much for such a fabulous experience while we were planning our wedding. Laura and Karen were very professional, organized, and listened to the details I wanted on the day of our wedding. I would recommend this venue to everyone because hands down the best place to have your wedding at!!!

Sent on 10/26/2014

The Wheeler House is an amazing venue with many photography opportunities to offer for those who want to have a variety of photography backdrops to document your big day. Our planner, Karen, was organized, prompt, and very responsive. In addition to 3 planning meetings prior to the wedding as well as coordinating with our vendors, she did an amazing job ensuring everything went smoothly on the day of. She kept the wedding party informed and let us know of any changes/updates. Just as I was asking my MOH where my tossing bouquet was, out popped Karen with the bouquet in hand. Thank you Lee for the beautifully managed venue and Karen for your amazing planning skills!

I also wanted to add that the preferred caterer, Coast2Coast, did a wonderful job as well. We were able to get flower, cake, as well as our food through them and they did a great job with all of it while saving me time to search for separate vendors for each item. This made planning much simpler.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Hannah · Married on 06/07/2014

I had my wedding at The Wheeler House last Saturday and it was literally a dream come true! Everything went so flawlessly I could not have asked for more. Karen, the coordinator did a fantastic job throughout the entire day. She kept everything on schedule and more importantly kept calm and had a smile on her face! This venue is perfect for a wedding, leave it country with some whiskey barrel bars and burlap or class it up with mercury glass and bling!

Sent on 06/16/2014

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hannah, we were so happy that you and Nick could have your dream wedding at our venue! Thank you for choosing The Wheeler House and congratulations!

Kiki · Married on 06/01/2014

The Wheeler House is amazing! It was the first venue that my now husband and I saw, and after extensive searching we definitely made the right choice. Karen Gramlich, our wedding coordinator, bent over backwards to make sure that our day went perfectly. For example, 20 minutes before the ceremony I realized that I had I left our knot-tying unity ceremony at home. We had nothing to tie together for this integral part of the wedding and I was really worried - but Karen ran around and found fabric for us that was better than what we had chosen in the first place! We were so impressed with everyone who contributed - thank you Wheeler House for giving us our perfect day!!

Sent on 06/07/2014

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kiki, we are so glad you and your husband had such a wonderful day! It was absolutely beautiful and we were honored to be a part of it. Thank you for choosing us!

Leanna · Married on 04/13/2014

The Wheeler House took care of our every need throughout the entire wedding planning process. Karen was a wonderful coordinator and made sure everything I wanted was taken care of.

Sent on 04/19/2014

Maria · Married on 03/29/2014

We can't imagine having our wedding at any other venue! The Wheeler House and there new additions absolutely blew our guests away! Everyone loved the venue and even with the bad weather, the wedding in the barn was beautiful and the transition to the reception was seamless. Karen is an amazing coordinator and really pays attention to the details. They were perfect for our budget and gave great advice for all of our questions. We would definitely recommend this venue!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2014

The Wheeler House was a beautiful venue! AI have heard nothing but great things from all of my guests! Karen was awesome! She went out of her way to make the day perfect! I cant imagine a more gorgeous venue! I would highly recommend The Wheeler House!!!

Sent on 04/03/2014