The Wheeler House Reviews

158 | Ball Ground, GA

158 Reviews for The Wheeler House

Amanda · Married on 04/23/2016

Okay, where can I even start with this? Booking The Wheeler House was hands down, one of THE BEST decisions I made for our wedding day. We had the most BEAUTIFUL day, and looking back at our photos, I am even more sure that The Wheeler House is the best. The whole property is gorgeous, and very obviously FOR weddings. There are lots of beautiful chandeliers in the trees, and the interior of the barn is decorated in such a classy, beautiful way. We went with the all day package and we really enjoyed spending our day getting ready in the stunning bridal suite. I was much more at ease being able to oversee wedding preparations while getting ready. And the photos of us getting ready in the space are to die for. Ashley was our wedding coordinator, and she worked out all of the kinks on the day of, and made sure that everything looked beautiful. I did not lift a finger on my wedding day! The Wheeler House staff unpacked our rental items as well as everything I brought and made the ceremony and reception spaces look gorgeous. From beginning to end, The Wheeler House staff were so professional, easy to communicate with, and just fantastic. I would recommend The Wheeler House to any bride who is looking for an affordable, stress-free, and beautiful venue for her big day!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Leah · Married on 04/09/2016

Beautiful venue!! We enjoyed our special day so much at the Wheeler House. We had many compliments on how pretty everything was that day. And Ashley was very sweet to work with as our Wedding Coordinator. :)

Sent on 04/18/2016

Kellie · Married on 04/03/2016

The Wheeler House gave me the wedding I could have only dreamed of! Everything about it was absolutely perfect thanks for the wonderful staff (Laura). I wish I could relive this day forever!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2016

The wheeler house staff made planning our wedding such a wonderful experience. They thought of everything and made the day stress free and super enjoyable.

Sent on 03/29/2016

Cori · Married on 03/19/2016

The Wheeler House in Ball Ground GA was an exceptional venue for our wedding. Their care and thoughtfulness into the planning was unbelievable. Amber and the staff really made our day perfect and stress free. I would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 03/27/2016

Maddie · Married on 03/18/2016

When my husband and I first found out about the Wheeler House, we were head over heels for the venue and we knew that was where we wanted to get married. I can not say enough good things about this place or the people who helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect! Laura was our coordinator and she was very accommodating to all of our needs. She was always there to help with whatever we needed and made the planning process relaxed and fun! Wheeler House made my dream wedding a reality and I would pick this beautiful venue a million times!

Sent on 03/22/2016

Sara · Married on 03/12/2016

Amber and the rest of The Wheeler House staff were amazing!! They took all of the stress of wedding planning away. The venue itself was absolutely breathtaking and I couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Lindee · Married on 02/20/2016

I knew when I first saw the Wheeler House, it was meant to be the location for my wedding reception. The house is the best setting for the cocktail hour and the barn has the perfect mix of rustic and fancy. The staff was amazingly helpful through everything, offered advice and assistance, and were very flexible with my schedule and needs. The vendors were top notch and my special day truly couldn't have been more special. Laura and Amber were so wonderful to work with and the event was perfect.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Emily · Married on 01/10/2016

Working with the Wheeler House was like working with a dear friend...who just happened to own a wedding venue. When we first got engaged, we put the Wheeler House on our list of venues to visit because we had gone to a sorority formal there when we were first dating, and from the first moment, we knew this was the venue for us. Throughout the whole planning process they made everything so incredibly easy, and the convenience and value of their package to provide the cake, catering, entertainment, and the planning services was unbelievable. My new husband and I have heard from friends, family, and coworkers that ours was the most fun wedding they have been to, with the best food, and I know for a fact that it was in no small part due to the services and recommendations provided by the Wheeler House. Since our wedding was planned for January, we knew it would be cold, but were hoping for the unpredictable Georgia weather to play to our favor and be warm for the planned outside ceremony. Unfortunately, that was not the case and I had to make the call to have the ceremony indoors the morning of the event, and the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. I know I created extra work for them, but sweet Amber (our coordinator through the WH) orchestrated everything perfectly, and the wedding was ten times prettier than I could have ever imagined or executed myself. There is so much more I could say about this wonderful place, but my comments are only limited to 2000 characters :)

Sent on 01/23/2016

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Emily! It was truly a pleasure hosting your big day. We loved hosting your sorority event and also loved being a part of your special day! Your wedding was gorgeous and we have been swooning over the photos ever since! Congrats again!

Morgan · Married on 01/01/2016

My husband and I visited MANY venues as we were planning our wedding. The Wheeler House was the first visit we made and they set the bar so high. We met Laura for our first tour and were so take back by the beauty, size and professionalism of the venue. She walked us through what our day would feel like from arrival to send-off and really gave us a great picture of what to expect should we choose to book with The Wheeler House. After visiting 7 or 8 other venues in North Georgia and metro Atlanta, we came back to The Wheeler House and knew there was no where else we could imagine having our special day.

Throughout the entire planning process, Laura and her staff went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted. She never said, "no" and made me feel like my ideas and desires were wonderful and unique. Laura and The Wheeler House staff were unbelievably quick in their communication efforts - Laura would often email me back within 20 minutes of my reaching out to her! Amazing!!! Being a visual person, it was really helpful for me to see the space often when designing and planning. Laura was so nice to let me come by the venue as often as I needed to in order to test decorations and ideas. Laura also helped me set up meetings with other vendors such as the caterer (Talk of the Town), DJ (DStreet), and photographer (Mike Moon). It was so nice to have her recommendation and support in choosing these essential parts of the day.

The rehearsal and day of the wedding were flawless. Laura and her staff executed everything I planned perfectly. I don't think we had a single issue! The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing and the pictures are stunning! I am so thankful to Laura and The Wheeler House for helping me to create the most wonderful and memorable day I could have ever dreamed of!

Sent on 01/14/2016

The Wheeler House's reply:

Morgan! Thank you for your sweet review! Your wedding was the perfect way to start the new year at The Wheeler House. So many unique elements that were thought of for your wedding makes it one of our favorites! We wish you and Dan all of the happiness in the world!!

Cynthia · Married on 11/20/2015

The Wheeler House was the perfect setting for our wedding ceremony and reception! They were very accommodating that we had only 45 guests. Laura and Ashley were very responsive to my questions. Our guests commented on the beauty and uniqueness of The Wheeler House. Ashley was very helpful the week of the wedding: following up with vendors and making sure that everything ran smooth the day of. I could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2015

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Cindy! Congrats on your happily ever after! Thank you for your kind words. You guys were a joy to work with!

The Wheeler House and their staff were unbelievable! I was so pleased with how my wedding went. It was absolutely gorgeous. Amber went above and beyond for my special day, it would not have gone as soon they ad it did without her. I cannot say enough about this venue. It's beautiful and their preferred vendors are great. Thank you all so much. I will be recommending you to everyone!

Sent on 12/09/2015

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Ashley! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you in regards to your special day. We wish you nothing but happiness! Congrats again!

Heidi · Married on 10/30/2015

Wedding date 10.30.15 - The Wheeler House is a one stop shop with everything you need and more! This is a picturesque venue with a beautiful grounds and gorgeous barn, and yes there is such a thing! We absolutely loved the location, having the fall foliage above us as we said our vows outside. We were under a sheer white drapes and chandeliers outside! Most importantly beyond the setting and the venue, I cannot express how much we appreciate the patience (and efficiently) of the entire staff. Everyone we walked with commented how beautiful it was and how nice the staff was from the House and also the preferred vendors we used. I can personally attest to how seamless and easy the whole wedding planning process was, and how helpful Laura our wedding coordinator was when I called with questions. ALL of our guest comments how amazing the whole night was, and I almost felt a little guilty taking the compliments, because he was them that make it happen.
    Throughout the night, we always felt that Laura had everything under control, she let us know where we needed to be and what was coming up next. She helped us have a spectacular evening with our loved ones, without worrying about anything!
    I would attached pictures if I could!
    Thank you, we could not have asked for anything more and making my dream wedding amazing!

Sent on 11/05/2015

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Heidi! Congrats again to you and Matt and thank you for your sweet words. It was such a beautiful wedding and we are so happy that you let us share in your special day!

Paola · Married on 10/17/2015

The Wheeler House made my dream wedding a possibility. From the staff to the actual venue everything was absolutely perfect. Anytime I had a question it would be answered within the same day. The actual house looks like something from out of a magazine; it is stunning. I loved being able to have an outdoor ceremony, and an indoor reception all in one venue. If you are looking for apace to get married I would strongly recommend The Wheeler House.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jill · Married on 10/16/2015

My October 16, 2015 wedding at The Wheeler House was everything we wanted it to be....rustic, charming, elegant, laid back and FUN! SO many of our guests commented on what a great venue it was. Ashley and Laura were fantastic to work with, and I loved going into my wedding day knowing that Ashley was handling ALL of the details with the other staff members...and I didn't need to worry about anything. Prior to the wedding day, Ashley made sure she understood our vision for the ceremony and reception and she pulled off everything flawlessly. I didn't have to think about a THING on the day of the wedding. With a fire in the firepit, the chandeliers in the trees, the beautiful drapes and chandelier in the barn, it was the setting I had only dreamed about. Thank you Ashley and team for working SO diligently and enthusiastically to implement all of our "customizations" that were NOT typical or traditional....you really helped make our day SO special!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Kimber · Married on 10/11/2015

I absolutely loved using The Wheeler House! They were extremely organized and kept me very well informed! I worked with Ashley and Laura, they both did an awesome job. Ashley was there on my wedding day and she kept me informed up until the very last second! I even had complements from guests that she was so organized and professional! Thanks guys for all you hard work!!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

The Wheeler House is an incredible venue. We wanted a barn wedding, but didn't want it to look like we were getting married in some old barn. The Wheeler House provided the chic and rustic look we were going for. We also loved how close all parts of the venue were (the house, arbor, and barn) so during the wedding no one was ever away from the excitement.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/09/2015

The Wheeler House was the perfect venue for my wedding. We fell in love with it as soon as we saw it. The barn is spectacular and has beautiful chandeliers and well as string lights. We had 130 people and there was plenty of room. Our ceremony was outside and set up for me exactly as I envisioned. All our guests kept commenting on how gorgeous it was inside and out. The staff worked hard to set up and keep things going smoothly. All of my questions were answered promptly and professionally.

My bridal party and some friends stayed at the cottages down the road. They were so convenient and decorated so cute. The full kitchen was so nice for breakfast in the mornings and to store any food or drinks while we were getting ready and celebrating afterwords.

If you are thinking about using the Wheeler House, do it! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/04/2015

The Wheeler House and their staff was amazing! We unfortunately had to go with plan B due to the weather but they handled it so great. It was such a blessing knowing I was in good hands and knowing they had everything under control in adjusting the ceremony and plans. Everything turned out beautifully and so smoothly and the guest were well taken care of and comfortable. I loved the venue and Laura Booker certainly made my wedding special and I enjoyed and appreciated working with her throughout the entire planning process!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2015

Love the Wheeler House!!! Absolutely beautiful historic home!

Sent on 11/16/2015

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was so wonderful working with you guys on your special day! Congrats again!

Becky · Married on 09/04/2015

Amazing event!!!! Thank you all for all your hard work and consideration in every aspect! The Wheeler House is the only venue I would refer!

Sent on 09/08/2015

The wheeler house staff was so great throughout our whole experience with them! Since the beginning through our big day they were always quick to respond and were very accommodating. The day of my florist even forgot my cake flowers and our day of coordinator decorated the cake herself and it looked beautiful. We couldn't have made it through this process without them! I'd recommend those girls to anyone

Sent on 09/29/2015

Chelsea · Married on 08/28/2015

Beautiful wedding venue. Great location. Highly recommend! The Wheeler House team was very kind and helpful.

Sent on 09/08/2015

We got married at the Wheeler House in August of 2015. We cannot say enough great things about the Wheeler House!!! Their staff is FANTASTIC and SO accommodating. They made our wedding day run so smoothly and it was the most amazing day of our life. They are very upfront and honest about all things related to the venue and costs for the wedding. It is a very reasonably priced venue, stress free with a package option for vendors, and absolutely beautiful. They were so quick to respond to emails and do anything in their power to help with the wedding. They have great preferred vendors that also were fantastic such as Holland Daze, lush cakes, talk of the town, and D street entertainment. The cake and food was amazing, the flowers were so beautiful and the DJ/emcee made our wedding the dance party of the year and everyone had a blast! We don't have even one negative thing to say about the Wheeler House and we are so grateful we chose this venue! We would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with great staff and a night to remember. There were so many behind the scenes things that these ladies did that made our wedding day perfect- Best venue EVER.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Taylor · Married on 08/15/2015

We cannot explain how absolutely PERFECT and smooth the entire process went with The Wheeler House. Laura did everything in her power to make our day perfect from the time we decided to use the venue. The Wheeler House exceeded our expectations ,by far! And the venue was even more beautiful on our wedding day. We would also, HIGHLY recommend the cottages The Wheeler House has available. It was a perfect way to get our whole wedding party together the night before and allowed everyone to get ready together. They also have it stocked with water and coffee, dishes so we could cook breakfast, and a super easy and quick checkout process. The cottages are totally worth it and complete the experience.

Sent on 08/24/2015