The Wheeler House Reviews

158 | Ball Ground, GA

158 Reviews for The Wheeler House

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2017

We could not have been happier with our decision to have our wedding at The Wheeler House! Aside from the beauty it offers, the staff was amazing to work with! Laura was our wedding coordinator and she was exceptional; she was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout the entire process. Laura was quick to answer any questions we had, give honest advice and recommendations. I valued this so much as I was a bride that didn't know the first thing about planning a wedding or weddings in general. I truly felt like Laura and The Wheeler House staff genuinely cared about our wedding and ensuring our vision came to life the day of. Everything went so smoothly on our wedding day and all of our expectations were met. Also, we chose to rent the cottages close by for the night before and on the wedding day and were so happy that we did. They are adorable and are super convenient for getting ready on the day of! Our wedding party loved them too and liked that we offered them a place to stay after the wedding.

If you are looking for a beautiful venue that offers a great package and top notch service, choose The Wheeler House!

Sent on 12/14/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Courtney! Your wedding was truly one for the books! We're so happy that you chose The Wheeler House + Wheeler Cottages to host your special day! You were the perfect bride and we wish you guys so many years of love and happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

I can't say enough great things about the Wheeler House!! Laura, our event coordinator through the Wheeler House, went above and beyond to make sure our big day went smoothly! The bridal suite inside the house is wonderful and spacious. We were married inside the barn (because I didn't trust the weather) and it was breathtaking! We received so many complements on how beautiful our wedding was and I would HIGHLY recommend the Wheeler House to anyone!

Sent on 08/23/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Lindsay! Thank you so much for your sweet words! You are such a gem and we can't thank you enough for choosing The Wheeler House to help make all of your wedding dreams come true! Your wedding is one we will never forget!

Angela · Married on 08/12/2017

If you are looking for a Fairy Tale Wedding, The Wheeler House is the perfect place for you!!!
    Our daughter and her fiancé got married at The Wheeler House a couple of weeks ago. Our experience with The Wheeler House was AMAZING!!!!! The house and the barn are so beautiful! It was such a pleasure working with Laura, our wedding coordinator. She went over and above to make Chris and Lindsay’s day so special. In the planning stages, she communicated very well with us and if ever we had a question, she was very quick to respond. She handled all of the details with the vendors for us. The day of the wedding, everything was very organized and she kept everything on track for the wedding and reception. Right before Lindsay walked down the aisle she looked at me and said “This day has been perfect and has gone off without a hitch.” I think that is the highest compliment Laura and The Wheeler House could get. The majority of the vendors we used were recommended by The Wheeler House and we were delighted with them. I highly recommend this BEAUTIFUL facility for a wedding to remember.
    Angela T.

Sent on 08/23/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Angela! Goodness! We wish Chris and Lindsay could get married at our venue every weekend! It was truly a magical day and we feel so lucky to have been able to be a part of such a special day! Congratulations to you all!!

Jessie · Married on 07/22/2017

I always knew as a little girl that I would get married at The Wheeler House and my husband and I got married here back in July! All I can say is how amazing and perfect the whole day and experience was! This venue has a rustic feel with a classy southern charm. Perfect for any bride! We worked directly with Amberly, and she was so responsive, attentive, and helpful in every way. I am actually a wedding coordinator myself, and I can't sing her praises enough. She kept everything on schedule and made sure through out the night everything was going smoothly. She actually helped my parents load up their car at the end of the night, which was not her job to do! We got ready in the bridal suite. It was spacious enough for my 8 bridesmaids, mothers, and our make-up team. We went with their in house catering team and all my guests were saying how it was some of the best wedding food they ever had. We had about 200 guests in attendance and everyone fit perfect on the main level of the barn. If you are having any hesitations about The Wheeler House as your venue; don't! If we had to do it over again we would change absolutely nothing! The day was absolutely perfect in every way. We cannot thank The Wheeler House enough for all of their hard work they put into making our special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Jessie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a sweet review! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful are we are so happy to hear you were so happy with everything! Our goal is to exceed all of your expectations and we're so glad it was the perfect day! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!

Paige · Married on 07/16/2017

Wheeler House was the perfect setting for our dream wedding. Laura, our coordinator, was wonderful to work with and helped us think of every last detail. I'm sure I would have forgotten something major if not for her guidance. The day of we didn't have to stress about a thing because the Wheeler House staff took care of it. The in house catering, cake and DJ made things easy on us and we were beyond impressed with everything. You can't go wrong choosing Wheeler House for your wedding!

Sent on 02/08/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Sweet Paige, thank you so much for leaving a review for us. We can't get over the photos and how beautiful your day was! It was such an honor! PS - we're still obsessing over your dress! ;)

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/09/2017

Everything about our wedding day was amazing! The entire Wheeler House team was so kind, helpful, and hardworking. They made sure everything was absolutely perfect. From the planning meetings to the big day, working with the Wheeler House was so nice! And the grounds are beautiful!!

Sent on 07/23/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Kaitlyn! Wow! Thank you so much for your sweet words and review for us. Your wedding was truly beautiful and we feel so lucky to have been able to be a part of it all!
  • Katy

Katy Willoughby · Married on 06/22/2017

Amazing!

I wish I could give The Wheeler House 10 stars!!! They were absoutely AMAZING!!! Ashley was our wedding coordinator and she did a phenomenal job! She planned and executed everything so perfectly (she even ran through the rain and got soaked to save my decor that was outside during the reception). She went above and beyond! I could not have asked for a more beautiful place to get married with the most amazing staff. I could literally go on and on about how good of a job they all did! If you are considering The Wheeler House, you need to lock it in because they are THE BEST!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jeannie · Married on 06/09/2017

My daughter got married on June 9th at the Wheeler House, and the venue and staff made DREAMS COME TRUE!!! The fact that the venue included the caterer, the DJ, the baker, and the wedding coordinator made it easy to plan my daughter's BEAUTIFUL wedding and FANTASTIC reception!!! Let me begin with our wedding coordinator, Ashley......WOW!!! She was AMAZING!!!:0) I contacted her about 2 weeks before the event to just "check-in" for "my" benefit (mainly for a peace-of-mind) and she calmly reassured me that everything was in place to make my daughter and her groom-to-be's wedding exactly what they had envisioned. On wedding day, she made sure that the bride and groom were taken care of by focusing on even the littlest details from the time of their arrival all the way to their departure. The caterer was VERY helpful and made sure that everything was as promised at our very first meeting! As a matter of fact, Christian and her staff made sure that everyone was being taken care of throughout the entire dinner and reception. The DJ was FABULOUS, and the dance floor was NEVER empty...SUCH FUN!!!:0) As a parent, you want a day like this to be PERFECT for your child, and THANKS to the Wheeler House, its staff, and its vendors, my daughter's wedding was!!!:0)

Sent on 06/27/2017

Hi Jeannie!
    Thank you so much for your sweet words. We loved everything about this wedding and feel so honored to have hosted such a special event for you all. We wish you all the best!

Natalie · Married on 05/26/2017

The Wheeler House is the perfect place to get married at! The venue is absolutely beautiful! It's rustic yet extremely charming. Having such a beautiful ceremony site, the historic home, and the barn all on the property is truly one of a kind. Because of this, my pictures turned out amazing and all my guests could not stop commenting about how beautiful my wedding was. The beauty of the Wheeler House is what initially caught my eye, but the amazing staff really sealed the deal.
    From the moment I first walked in for my tour, everyone was so professional, accommodating, genuine, and honest. Laura, one of the coordinators at the Wheeler House, made everything a breeze. She was extremely helpful and organized throughout the booking process, the wedding planning, and on my wedding day. Because of this, I was stress-free in the months leading up to my wedding, and most importantly I was so calm and relaxed on my wedding day. The staff took care of everything for me, and I was able to enjoy every moment of my wedding day. In addition to the staff at the Wheeler House, the vendors that this venue uses are amazing! The food, cake, and DJ were perfect. I had several guests come up to me and rave about all three. It is so nice to have vendors who are so experienced in this industry and who know your venue so well. Everything turned out amazing!

I can't say enough good things about the Wheeler House! It is truly the perfect venue, and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Hi Natalie!
    Thank you so much for your sweet words! We can't express how grateful we are to have been able to host your special day. Your wedding was so beautiful and we wish you and Russ many years of love and happiness!

Marie · Married on 03/25/2017

We were very very happy with our decision to choose Wheeler House as our venue! From the initial booking to the day of, everything was great! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and exactly the vision I had in mine. We worked specifically with Ashley and she is truly a professional! You can definitely tell that they know exactly what they are doing and have seen it all! Every single detail was talked about before the big day and I felt like everything was very organized. I had complete trust in Ashley and she really allowed me to completely relax and enjoy my day--which is something very difficult for me to do! They really go above and beyond. For example, towards the end of the night I flagged down Ashley and asked if she could please go to the bridal suite and grab my day-of tote bag and put it in our getaway car and she was like "already did it!" She also made sure my drink glass stayed full and the temperature in the barn was great (it got a little hot with the fire going and she was quick to turn it off and open some of the doors). Thank you Ashley for being so attentive. It is the details like this that make a wedding night perfect.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Hi Marie!
    We can't thank you enough for your kind words! We loved being able to be a part of your big day in March. We thought the entire wedding was amazing and your pictures are phenomenal! We wish you and Sandy all of the happiness in the world!

Lindsey · Married on 02/25/2017

I had the honor of getting married at the Wheeler House in February, and my wedding was everything I had ever dreamed of and more! The property is absolutely breathtaking and it makes for the perfect backdrop for beautiful wedding portraits. The staff is equally amazing and they couldn't have been more helpful in the wedding planning process and ensuring the day of the wedding ran smoothly. For days after the wedding I talked about how impressed I was with my incredible day of coordinator, Ashley. If I needed anything at all, she was already 5 steps ahead. I could go on and on, but you will have to experience the charm of the Wheeler House and the genuineness of the staff for yourself! Thanks so much for everything!!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Hi Lindsey!
    Your winter wedding was to die for! We loved being able to be a part of such a joyous occasion! Thank you for choosing The Wheeler House and we wish you nothing but love and happiness!

Kelsey · Married on 01/08/2017

If you are looking for a place that brings your dream to life THIS is the place! The beautiful and romantic setting no matter what time of year can be personalized in an amazing way to your wedding style and colors. They are incredibly flexible and accommodating. The wedding coordinators cover every little detail, ones I had no idea about and had totally forgotten needed to be decided on. Their vendors are the best of the best and the quality of it all is superb. My wedding was everything I wanted and more and that directly because of the Wheeler House! You will never regret choosing them!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Hi Kelsey!
    Thank you so much for your sweet review! Your wedding was truly a winter dream and we still can't get over all of the beautiful snowy photos! We wish you and Lee many years of happiness and will never forget your big day!

Kelsey · Married on 01/08/2017

Sent on 02/17/2017

Hi Kelsey!

Emily · Married on 12/17/2016

This was the first venue I went to while on the search for my wedding venue, and I did not need to go any further. I fell in love with the venue and then meeting the workers there just sealed the deal! They made every so easy and straight forward. I would recommend this venue over and over again!

Sent on 02/20/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

HI Emily! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a sweet review for us! Your wedding was absolutely stunning and we can't thank you enough for choosing us!

katie · Married on 12/03/2016

We used The Wheeler House back in December for our winter wonderland wedding and it was perfection. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. My wedding coordinator Ashley was SO wonderful & went above & beyond to make sure our wedding timeline went smooth! I would recommend this venue to anyone who's looking for a classy - southern - and beautiful wedding! :)

Sent on 02/15/2017

katie · Married on 12/03/2016

you won't regret booking this venue! my wedding was dec 3 2016 and it was fantastic! My guests were so impressed with the beauty of this place and it really comes to life @ night time! Ashley my coordinator made our day go smooth & organized. I was very happy with my choice! :)

Sent on 02/15/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Katie! Thank you so much for your review! We absolutely loved being a part of your special day! We still haven't gotten over your beautiful wedding that was full of surprises! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Aubrey · Married on 11/06/2016

We knew this venue was the one we would be getting married at as soon as we saw it! The staff is amazing and they literally take care of your each and every need! I had a sparkler crisis two days before my wedding and Laura at the Wheeler House took it off of my hands in a flash! Amber was our wedding coordinator, and I seriously could not have asked for better. She is the sweetest and so very helpful! She made our day perfect and we could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out!!! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and does not require much outside decor should you wish to add to it. If you are looking for a elegant mountain feel to your wedding, this is the venue for you! Plus the beautiful souls that work there are pretty amazing as well!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Aubrey! Thank you for your sweet words! We absolutely loved hosting your special day and can't thank you enough for choosing The Wheeler House! We wish you a lifetime full of love and happiness!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/14/2016

The venue itself, the staff, everything about The Wheeler House is simply perfect! Thank you for making mine and Manny's wedding day the dream we hoped for!! ??

Sent on 12/18/2016

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Whitney! Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your big day! The wedding was simply stunning and we wish you and Manny many years of happiness!

kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

Laura over there is amazing. As far as booking the venue, she made the process so easy. I had a ton of questions and her responses were always prompt and professional. I am so excited to have my wedding there this September!

Sent on 01/04/2016

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kelsey! We are so excited for your big day in September. It's going to be an event to remember. We've enjoyed working with you and Scott!

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2016

I really don't know where to start! From the initial meeting till the time we hopped in our limo leaving the venue on our wedding night.. everything was perfect. We booked the Venue in November and married the next October. Laura and Ashley were there every step of the way. There were no hidden cost, everything that is presented to you about what is covered and isn't covered is very clear when the contract is signed. Laura and Ashley went above and beyond on our wedding day. From last minute changes to both of them rushing to bustle my dress before we walked into the reception. I wish I could give more than 5 stars! The WHOLE team at the Wheeler House is so hard working and will do whatever is takes to make the day perfect for you. Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true ❤

Sent on 12/13/2016

Shawn · Married on 09/02/2016

This was the perfect venue for our daughters wedding. Everything was beautiful and ran perfectly. Laura was our wedding planner and was wonderful. She was so attentive to our needs. She even saved a wedding cake disaster. It was a spectacular day. Our guest raved about the wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Shawn · Married on 09/02/2016

The Wheeler House was the perfect venue for our daughter. I can't express how thankful I was to know Laura was on top of everything. I was actually able to enjoy the wedding instead of running around trying to make sure everything was perfect! Laura was exceptional from the beginning through the actual wedding day. My daughter still raves about how her wedding was perfect.

Sent on 01/25/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Shawn! You all were an absolute joy to work with! We cannot thank you enough for your kind words. Congratulations to you all!

Blake · Married on 09/02/2016

Hands down the best venue I looked at! I am so glad I was able to have my wedding here! The entire staff was so friendly and accommodating! Laura was exceptional - she made my day a breeze! I was big on bringing in my own vendors/caterers and they had no issues with it whatsoever! I highly recommend The Wheeler House, and will pass this venue along to friends when it's their time to get married!

Sent on 02/02/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Blake! Thank you so much for your sweet words! We feel so lucky to have been a part of such a special day! Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding! Cheers to forever!

Alison · Married on 05/01/2016

Laura and Amber with the Wheeler House made our special day run smoothly and made sure everything was exactly how I envisioned (even with the threat of rain an hour before our ceremony). I couldn't have asked for a smoother wedding planning process with this venue. They answered all of our questions quickly and walked us through every step. On top of their amazing staff, the venue was absolutely gorgeous and everything we could have hoped for!

For the night before our wedding, we stayed at the Wheeler House Cottages and their convenience made every penny worth it. Our entire bridal party loved having a place to stay the night before and enjoy the entire weekend's festivities. From their decor to stocked linen pantry and coffee, they had absolutely everything that we needed!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Melanie · Married on 04/30/2016

Every experience with The Wheeler House from our very first visit was nothing short of amazing! We attended an open house not really expecting to fall in love with the venue but when we got there we knew it was THE place! Lee talked with us for a long time and brought up the fact that there was an open date just 3 months from then and we were writing a check within minutes. Laura and Ashley were both so helpful with the planning and Ashley made our day absolutely perfect. I was so happy to know that everything was in her hands and I had no stress at all! During our reception she kept us on our timeline but was never pushy if we wanted to push things back a few minutes. Having a "package" venue is so easy and stress free, and not to mention how beautiful it is.. this is the place to be!

Sent on 05/10/2016