The Westin Westminster Reviews

15 | Broomfield, CO

15 Reviews for The Westin Westminster

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/20/2019

We have met with McKenna at The Westin for two consultations and she has been wonderful!!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

The Westin Westminster's reply:

We are so looking forward to making your special day memorable for you and thank you again for choosing the Westin for your wedding - Courtney
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I am so pleased with everything and everyone at the Westin who made my dream wedding come true. Allison and Mary Catherine were there for me every step of the way including walking down the isle. You girls are unbelievable.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Cali · Married on 10/08/2011

We had our reception at the Lake House and it was perfect! We got so many compliments on the food and atmosphere in general. We booked this venue a year in advance and Julia was great answering all of my questions throughout the whole process. The package included catering, cake, champagne toast, dance floor, cake/DJ/present/guest book tables, house linens, cake cutting, set up and tear down and a complimentary suite for us that night. We also got a block of guest rooms at a discounted price which was easy to manage. Everyone was so professional and catered to all of our needs. Great service and they really helped make our day special.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Julie · Married on 07/09/2011

The Westin Westminster is the best place ever to have a wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Tabitha · Married on 05/21/2011

The staff at the Westin was amazing! They were very helpful and took great care of us on our special day

Sent on 09/16/2011

Ellen · Married on 09/25/2010

We had the reception in the Lake House of the Westin with Kellee as our coordinator. Everything turned out so great. Kellee was wonderful- very friendly and tons of energy. She did such a great job of listening to our ideas and making sure all of the small details that we requested were passed on to the right people. She set up a food tasting for us and was available to meet with us everytime we were in town. (We live in DC.)
    The food was Delicious! We had wonderful appetizers for the cocktail hour and the sit down dinner was so great. We even got to meet the chef! The bar tender was so friendly to everyone (and we kept her very busy!).
    We had 130 guests and the Lake House was the perfect size with a decent sized dance floor. There is also a little deck onto the "lake" where people can go to be outside.
    When we got up to our room afterwards they had set up the top of our cake with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!
    So easy to work with and all of our guests who stayed there loved it. I absolutely love the lobby- very Colorado!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Jason · Married on 05/30/2009

We have always felt so welcome and at home at the Westin Westminster, so when it came time to choose a wedding venue there was no question as to who we would turn to. Everything was absolutely perfect! From the moment we started planning to seeing all the details at the reception, your staff truly made our day the BEST! We can not thank you enough for all you have done for us.

Sent on 07/22/2009

Alyssa · Married on 04/25/2009

Overall, this was a fantastic venue. Highly recommended! We only have a few complaints, but very minor. The venue itself is lovely and the Lakeview pavilion is the best! It's separate from the hotel, very private. Ask for Dana or Sarah as your wedding planners: they're terrific and very bubbly. We went with a package and it turned out to be a great deal. You wont regret using this venue!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Katie · Married on 05/30/2010

Great venue to get married at! Overall, we were very pleased with the service and set up. All the floral design and linens meshed perfectly with the room itself. Great experience and highly recommended.

Sent on 06/11/2010

Kathleen · Married on 08/04/2007

Excellent service. One bartender was unfriendly, but other than that - flawless execution.

Sent on 12/20/2007

We only have a few complaints, but very minor! However, the Westin is a fantastic wedding venue. We had everything there and many of our guests stayed there which made it very convenient. Allison Langley was WONDERFUL! She was so responsive, helpful, genuine and sweet! She was so accommodating and genuinely wanted to make sure it was a great day for us. She always did her best to meet our expectations.

The food was iNCREDIBLE! We got so many compliments and the staff at the wedding were great about making sure my husband and I got to eat.

Here are the negative that I experienced. I wasn't wild about the attitude coming from the lead event coordinator, I believe his name was David. He was alright, but he just was not nearly as accommodating/friendly the rest of his team. I asked him was to have someone clean the bird poop ( A LOT OF IT) off the windows in our reception space. It was right above where my husband and I would be sitting and where everyone would be staring all night. When I asked about it, he gave me a sort of "Not sure if I can do anything" look and shrugged. I was like, " um okay I'll just do it" but that was a "liability". It really stressed me out all day trying to figure out if that could be fixed. My MOH ended up dealing with it by talking to another team member, and they were completely accommodating and cleaned it right away, no fuss!

Then, the staff lost or threw out half of our wedding cake. My husband and I didn't even get to try it... When I went to look for it the next morning, i found David and he just said "he didn't know where it was" and shrugged his shoulders... Not apologetic at all. We were bummed...

Last, the reception space was supposed to be set by 8PM. When I came to set up the decor at about 9:45, it hadn't been touched! I had to wait for the team to set it up and didn't leave until after midnight the night before my wedding...

It's a beautiful hotel and the rest of the staff is wonderful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/16/2011

We planned a last minute wedding- literally two months out; and they were absolutely wonderful. They made the planning and everything so easy! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Amy · Married on 05/21/2011

4.2
      3.5

We couldn't have picked a more perfect place for our reception hall. We had the reception in the lake house and it was beautiful and had a very earthy feel, despite being in the middle of a restaurant strip. We took photos outside the westin at the park and were easily able to walk to the cocktail party. The staff was courteous and helpful and executed the party almost flawlessly. I couldn't have been happy with the way the party turned out and truely enjoyed our night there. We are looking forward to our anniversary stay next May :)

Sent on 06/15/2011

Kylee · Married on 02/13/2018

3.4
      2.0
      2.0
      3.0

They'll find a loop hole to their promises.

I wish I could say my wedding was perfect, but it wasn't. McKenna & Alex Williams were great, but reservations and logistics were not. If you do not make sure everything is included in your contract regardless of what emails and their website says, they'll find a way out of their promises.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Connie · Married on 09/16/2017

0.8
      1.5
      1.0

Booked a block of rooms because our wedding was at Westmister Rec Center. Turns out AAA rate was lower than rate offered us, so some guests used that instead. Guests booking as walk ups to the counter were not asked if they were with a wedding party, so not attributed to us. So even though we exceeded the number of rooms required, and brought them so much $$ in food and bar charges, we were denied the comped room promised to us as bride and groom. Almost too many poor service experiences to list. Bride requested early check in, though not promised, I called an hour ahead to see how it was looking. Was told it looked good and should be able to get right in. My makeup person was sent up to the room before I got there, but I was told I could not go up or check in because it was still being serviced. I said, it can be serviced later. I was late for hair and makeup & need a room--any room. No offers of a different room to get ready in. After pressuring the front desk, I got into the room and maid left quickly, but did not even leave a single clean towel. My groom was in a different room, tried to take a shower, no toiletries in the room. Took multiple calls and 1 1/2 hrs to get champagne up to the room. (Originally ordered Prosecco. Turns out they don't stock that, yet did not call back to the room to tell us. Just did not bring anything.) Nobody can borrow a rolling rack from the valet area, so if valet is busy, you must wait. So, bride, groom, and florist all had to struggle getting everything up to rooms because we could not wait. The next morning, one or our guests had the maid walk in on him while he was in the shower. Reported all of this to the event coordinator and requested repeatedly that the Gen Mgr call us or at very least email us. No response!! While some of this may seem petty, it all added up to extra unnecessary stress. They do not care about you or your experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Sent on 01/08/2018