The Westin Governor Morris Reviews

66 | Morristown, NJ

66 Reviews for The Westin Governor Morris

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

The Westin Governor Morris was the very first venue that we visited during a very long day of location scouting, and it clearly set the bar too high for the other places to match!

We selected the Westin for our October wedding in 2015 and it was one of the only places that could accommodate our ‘all inclusive’ vision including an on-site ceremony, reception, after-hours gathering place (an in-house wine bar) and a send-off breakfast the following morning. The Governor’s Ballroom has a very large dance floor and a unique two-tiered layout with extra seating space, which we loved. Just make sure that you need all of the space, as there was a minimum spending clause in the contract which was not an issue for us given the number of guests that we invited, but certainly could be for a smaller group with more modest needs.

Our wedding coordinator Julie was very responsive to all of our many inquiries and had a lot of helpful suggestions for setup and style arrangements that could work well for us. I was really impressed by the quality of the catering options, and Julie was very flexible on letting us slightly rearrange the menu to include our favorite beer for our guests, and she only worried a little bit when we mentioned the idea of ‘confetti cannons’. Although we were the only wedding on the premises that day, there were 3 other wedding groups staying at the hotel taking shuttles to other venues in the area, so be sure to ask about that if having your run of the place is important to you. Regardless, we were still able to get more than 100 rooms at the hotel. Thanks as well to our booking manager Kelly, as she managed to squeeze a few extra rooms into our wedding block at the last minute (to accommodate all of the guests that somehow forget that we were having a wedding that day).
    Overall, we were extremely pleased with the Westin. It’s a beautiful venue with an experienced staff, and if we could do it all over again, we would gladly use the Westin again.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Ankur · Married on 10/03/2015

The Westin team did an amazing job at making our wedding a perfect event! All our guests were highly impressed with the overall venue and how everything was handled smoothly. Julie and Kelly both did a great job with organizing everything and taking care of the room blocks. We could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding. Everything was handled on time and in an orderly manner.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Megan · Married on 10/02/2015

The Westin is not only a beautiful hotel but a great wedding venue. The food, décor, ambience and quality is amazing. All the staff, especially Julie, was absolutely wonderful to work with. I can not say enough good things about working with Julie. She really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding. The Westin gets 10 gold stars from us!!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/19/2015

We used the Westin for our wedding at the Park Savoy and it did not disappoint. Kelly was my primary point of contact and she was wonderful. She was super responsive throughout the entire process and answered any question I had. We had about 40 rooms of out of town guests and everyone had great things to say about the hotel and the Blue Morel restaurant. Our shuttle service for our guests went off without a hitch, and the rooms at the hotel were great. I had a very positive experience dealing with the Westin and Kelly in particular and would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Maria · Married on 07/05/2015

I used the Westin governor for hotel accommodations for my guests that were coming from New york. Christina Rodriguez the sales manager coordinated everything easily and gave us a beautiful complementary room for us.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Danielle · Married on 06/12/2015

We chose the Westin to book our wedding block after they were highly recommended by our venue, The Park Savoy! The customer service far exceeded my expectations! Kelly Bartolome was amazing to work with!!!! She was very on top of everything and always answered my millions of emails! Having over 120 guests staying at the hotel it was not easy to accommodate everyone's needs, but Kelly went out of her way to make everything smooth for me and I can't thank her enough for that! The hotel is beautiful and all of our guests were very happy with their stay there. Thr welcome bags were given out without any issues, the breakfast was great, everything was perfect! The buses picked up and dropped off our guests in time, and even accommodated our groomsmen earlier in the day. Kelly also let us use a hotel shuttle to bring the bridesmaids to the Park savoy the morning of the wedding! I have been to many weddings where there were transportation issues but this was not the case for ours! Thank you Kelly for your patience and everything you did to make everything go so smoothly! I highly recommend the Westin for any wedding needs, they were fantastic!

Sent on 07/26/2015
  • Tunde

Tunde · Married on 11/22/2014

I specifically came on this site to shout out Kelly Bartolome, who is the sales manager at the Westin Governor in Morristown. Our wedding was November 22nd of last year (Yes I know this review is late) and Kelly worked with us to secure rooms for our hotel blocks. I will like to say that dealing with family members in the midst of planning a wedding can be a bit messy, and we called Kelly numerous times with changes to our hotel room block. Kelly was always patient with us, and always professional. We can't say enough about her service. Thanks Kelly and Westin Governor for the great service and a great wedding night experience.

Sent on 02/19/2015

This past September, we booked our wedding block at The Westin Governor Morris, and we're so glad we did! Highly, highly recommend for other Jersey couples. Here are a few reasons why:

- The rooms were clean, comfortable, and VERY reasonably priced - definitely something of huge importance as we wanted to take our wedding guests' budgets into consideration
    - The Presidential Suite where we stayed on our wedding night is BEYOND gorgeous and so spacious - the perfect place for me to get ready with my bridal party!
    - Beautiful hotel lobby, which made for a great backdrop for some pre-wedding photos
    - A completely professional, attentive, and helpful staff; we worked with Kelly, who was always more than helpful and quick to respond to our emails

And if these reasons aren't appealing enough, transportation for hotel guests to and from the venue was complimentary - a perk I didn't find at any other hotels when doing my research.

Bottom line: if you're looking to book a wedding block for a North Jersey wedding, the Westin Governor Morris is the place to do it!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 02/08/2014

Just recently got married at the Westin Governor and it was simply amazing. The venue is gorgeous ... We had both the ceremony and reception there and it all went so smoothly and exactly as planned. Julie Olsen was so wonderful to work with and made our day so special. I will miss working with her! I would highly recommend this venue especially if you are looking for a place to host the ceremony as well. Many hotel venues have a conference room feel and this hotel does not at all. They only host one wedding at a time as well. All of our guests keep telling us how beautiful this venue was. We couldn't be happier. Thank you again Julie!

Also a big shout out to Pedro who was by my side the entire night making sure everything was perfect and I was okay. He was the best! Thank you Pedro!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/24/2013

Julie and Pedro were incredible and this is not to say that the others involved at the Westin (whose names I can't remember!) didn't contribute to making this the best day of my life. Having Julie there for us (even through her pregnancy) made us feel like we were taken care of from the first moment we met with her. This was important to us as it is not just the actual day that we want perfect but all the careful planning leading up to it. She had such a calm and centered demeanor that really put myself and my family at ease. Pedro, the maitre'd, was as attentive as they come on the day of. He had drinks at the ready and plates of food set up at our tables (we opted for a buffet) that went uneaten as we were having such a good time! Since everything ran so smoothly, we were able to focus on our guests and all the fun we were meant to have. We felt as though we were the only couple scheduled for an event at the Westin this year- it felt that special. Highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 09/07/2013
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 08/17/2013

The Westin Governor Morris is an absolutely outstanding and hotel. We stayed there for a week in August for our son’s wedding (held at a nearby venue) and arranged the block of rooms for our wedding guests at the hotel. The rooms and lobby are all very modern and beautifully done. I can’t praise highly enough the incredible service we received while organising the wedding block from Christina and the Westin Staff. It was always a pleasure to work with Christina and she made arranging everything completely stress-free – she is very detailed orientated and was on top of everything and very quick to respond to any query. We had about 30 rooms in our block and organized a pre-wedding lunch at the hotel. Our guests loved the hotel and its warm and friendly service and the lunch in their State Ballroom, organized by Tina, was amazing. We booked our event shuttles through the hotel and the service was flawless. Every request however small or big was dealt with a smile and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone whether for a stay or a wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Our wedding reception was held at the Westin Governor Morris on May 18th and they did a fantastic job! The food was plentiful and really terrific, all of our guests were very pleased with the cocktail hour food selections as well at the dinner! The hardest part was selecting the menu during the tasting because everything we tasted was really great! Julie did an amazing job with the planning of the event, she really helped out with making decisions easy as she had a lot of spot-on recommendations. The night of the wedding Pedro and the entire staff did a tremendous job ensuring everything went smoothly and exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend having a wedding reception here as the venue is very classic and elegant, the food is amazing, the ballroom is very large but not overwhelming, the lighting is great and the in-house lighting folks did a great job (and the cost for that was reasonable), the hotel rooms are very clean and having a wedding in a hotel is convenient for guests. I was planning on taking wedding photos outside next door to the Westin at beautiful Acorn Hall, but due to weather, we had to take pictures indoors, however the hotel lobby is very pretty and since it has beautiful natural lighting, the pictures came out great! There is also a wine room which also looks great in pictures! Also, the Westin offers Starwood Rewards points for every dollar spent at their hotels, by having the wedding there, we were able to earn enough points for a free honeymoon in the Virgin Islands! If I had to do the wedding all over again, I would still have it at the Westin Governor Morris - it was that good!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Westin Governor Morris last month, and cannot say enough good things. We worked with Carrie Sinnott, who was absolutely wonderful. She was knowledgeable, professional, warm, and was very quick to respond to my many emails and phone calls throughout the entire planning process.
    Our family and friends are still raving about how good (and abundant) the food was, and many of them have told us that it was one of the best weddings they've ever attended.
    We also held the after party at the Blue Morel which is located in the Westin. With plenty of space and a gorgeous atmosphere, it made for a wonderful and convenient after party.
    Thank you to Carrie, Pedro, Christina, and the entire Governor Morris team! You gave us a night we'll never forget!

Love,
    Stephanie & Sean Harvey

Sent on 06/11/2013

Deirdre · Married on 03/01/2013

We used this hotel for our family and friends after our wedding at the Crystal Plaza on 3/1/13 and they were AMAZING! Christina Rodriquez was a DREAM to work with. She was very professional and accomodating to not only myself and my husband, but to all of our friends and family members. She responds promptly to your emails/phone calls and goes ABOVE AND BEYOND to satisfy her clients. The hotel provided a shuttle bus to all our guests that were staying at the Westin of Governor Morris to and from the Crystal Plaza and this service was outstanding! The shuttle buses were clean and efficient and they made sure to have enough buses for all of our guests to be transported comfortably from the hotel to the Crystal Plaza and back to the hotel at the end of the night. Safe transportation for our family and friends after our Irish Wedding was a huge concern of mine and the Westin of Governor Morrs exceeded my expectations with their attention to detail.
    Our guests are still raving about the service they received (the staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable) and all have commented that it was the best hotel they have ever stayed at for a wedding! In fact, some are even considering purchasing the heavenly bed after sleeping so peacefully the night of our wedding and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the double shower heads installed in each room. I would highly recommend this hotel to any bride/groom that is looking for a fabulous hotel for their guests to stay at. You will not be disappointed with the amazing service provided at this respectable hotel and your guests will thank you for your hotel selection the next morning.

Sent on 03/12/2013

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2013

my wedding was nothing short of amazing at the westin! from the staff helping with preparations they were all so helpful. The food(biggest part of a wedding) was beyond delicious! The ballroom is gorgeous and the suite that they give you to get ready in is huge!!! after the wedding the party did not stop we all enjoyed ourselves at the blue moral. i could not of picked a better place to have the most amazing day of my life:) family & friends are still raving about it. Carrie Sinott was my wedding coordinator and really was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. always answered any questions i had promptly and made my fairy tale vision come to life. I highly recommend the Westin to all brides and grooms, they were truly the best!
    Many Thanks,
    Jennifer & Nicholas

Sent on 02/08/2013

Elisabeth · Married on 08/26/2012

some of my guests and I stayed at the Westin during the weekend of my wedding! The service was excellent. The transportation service they provided my guests with to get to the Park Savoy was nice. They went out of their way to make sure I was okay! Kelly was awesome!

Sent on 03/30/2013

Allison · Married on 07/27/2012

I recently had our wedding reception at the Westin Governor Morris Hotel in Morristown, NJ. The reception was held on July 27, 2012. Though we didn't have our ceremony at the Westin our reception (we had it at a local church), the reception that the Westin planned was incredible! Everyone we worked with was so professional and they truly went out of their way to make our day special. I specifically worked with Carrie throughout the planning process and I cannot rave enough about her. When I contacted her in October she made me feel comfortable right away. I knew I was in good hands. She was so patient and always responded to my questions with care. She was so easy to get along with. She takes pride in what she does. The food was amazing! The attention to detail regarding the decor was unreal. Everything was beautiful. Our Maitre d', Pedro couldn not have been more wonderful. He was son considerate and made sure everything ran smoothly, which it did. I highly recommend checking out the Westin Governor Morris if you are planning a wedding! Can't thank the staff enough!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Georgann · Married on 04/13/2012

Our family really appreciates all of the hard work and preparation that went into our daughter's wedding by the crew at the Governor Morris. Julie Olsen, the coordinator, took all of the guess work and frustration over for us and gave us a perfect day! Now, two years later, we have heard from so many of our guests that attended that the wedding was the best and most beautiful they had ever been to. My husband and I were able to sit back and let other's do the work, so that we could really appreciate our daughter's big day. We have been back to the Westin quite a few time since then just for dinner, and are planning on having future celebrations there as well.

Sent on 07/11/2014

pey · Married on 12/11/2010

The Westin Governor Morris was the perfect venue site for our wedding. we loved the modern decor of the hotel. We had both the ceremony and reception in the Governor's Ballroom. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The Westin staff coordinated our event smoothly. We had nothing to do but enjoy ourselves.

Sent on 02/12/2011

Jenny · Married on 04/17/2010

Loved every minute of our wedding at the Governor Morris! The food, attentiveness and beauty of the hotel was incredible!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Prachi · Married on 04/22/2017

It was a pleasure working with Joyce and her team for our reception. Great venue, fantastic food matched by a very warm team - would highly recommend The Westin Governor Morris to everyone !

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kendra · Married on 10/12/2013

The Westin was WONDERFUL to work with. We used them for guest accommodations after our reception nearby. The rooms were lovely and the hotel was easy to find. They were great in distributing gifts to our guests that we dropped off the week before the wedding. The special events staff always quickly responded to any attempts we made to ask questions (and it was very helpful that the staff we dealt with was usually there later at night and on weekends). They arranged one shuttle large enough for all our guests who stayed with them from our reception venue - and it was so nice that we took it afterwards! We also hosted a brunch there the day after the wedding. The food selection was decent and the space was good for our group of 50. Rooms are slightly above average but very nice. We truly got the royal treatment on our wedding night in our complimentary suite with some special surprises! It was a great touch.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Kristin · Married on 05/27/2012

My husband and I booked our wedding block and farewell brunch with the Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ for our Memorial Day Weekend wedding. We worked with Kelly in the sales department there to setup the block and brunch. She was extremely helpful and accessible as various needs and questions came up as we approached the wedding. One great perk of booking with the Westin G.M. was the roundtrip transportation that they provided to the reception at the Stone House at Stirling Ridge. Kelly coordinated transportation for guests who booked rooms on the day of the wedding through a local limousine company. All of our guests were safely returned to the hotel at the end of the night, which was a concern of ours that we didn’t have to directly plan. The farewell brunch was excellent. Both a hot buffet and continental options were served. The rooms and quality of service were very impressive and we would recommend the hotel for a one night stay or for booking an event.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2017

This was a beautiful hotel, and they gave us a wonderful deal on our room block. I used Wedding Wire's hotel blocks tool to ask for bids for our small wedding. Kelly, the sales manager, was very responsive to questions or concerns, and they were helpful to any of our guests that had troubles booking or had special requests. The staff at the hotel were friendly, capable, and never made our small wedding (we only had 11 rooms booked at time when the hotel was completed full hosting guests for 4 other weddings and a bar mitzvah) feel any less special or important. Free wifi in the rooms would've been nice (gotta stay connected) but honestly it was really nice. Instead of an upgrade to a suite for us for the wedding night (which they give the couple if a certain number of rooms are booked) we got an upgrade to a deluxe king for the whole stay, which was so much better than trying to change rooms as our photographer was scheduled to arrive. Fair warning, their elevators are slow. They made our small wedding feel special, and my guests were happy with their rooms. What more could you ask for?

Sent on 05/21/2017

The elegant Westin Governor Morris is the perfect venue for anyone who wants quality and convenience for their guests! It is close to the train line for our guests traveling from NYC. Choosing a hotel venue instead of an off site one kept transportation costs down and made it very convenient for out of town guests. The personal service we received was fantastic!! If dancing is important to you than this is the place for you with the largest dance floor in NJ!! We had a 12 piece band and the entire wedding party of almost 200 were up dancing the night away and there was plenty of room for everyone!
    The dinner was exceptional, all our guests raved about the delicious filet mignon!!
    We can not say enough about how easy it was to work with the staff there, how quickly they responded to any small problem, they were truly wonderful ! A special thank you to Joyce and Pedro, you guys are the best!!

Sent on 06/03/2016