62 Reviews for The Westin Governor Morris

Event Planning (6)
Chairs (6)
Event Rentals (4)
Lighting/Sound (4)

We held our room block at the Westin Governor Morris and were extremely happy with the service as well as the rooms. They were very easy to work with and the hotel itself is beautiful. My wife and I stayed in the suite given to us for reserving such a large block of rooms and it was absolutely fantastic. Good prices overall too -- would highly recommend Kelly B and the Westin to anybody who asks!

Profile Picture Matthew, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We hosted our entire wedding weekend at the Westin Governor Morris from June 8 - 10 and cannot say enough about the venue and the team. It was beyond incredible! We had a large guest list (approx 260) with many out of towners, and early on knew that we wanted to simplify logistics as much as possible. We were able to host a full weekend of events all on site at the Westin: the rehearsal dinner, a welcome reception, cocktail hour, dinner reception, after party, and welcome brunch. The hotel is quite large and really stunning, so we were able to host each event in a unique space with different menus, room layouts, decor and music. We also had our room block there, so our guests absolutely LOVED having so many events without having to travel anywhere. In addition, we had large suites for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to get ready on site. Julie, Jabari, Joyce and all of the others were worked with were a dream team, making all of these events and many, many details come together so seamlessly. They were so friendly and responsive, and had so many great ideas and suggestions that we were able to incorporate. And the food was incredible, we are still getting compliments about the amazing food choices that were available at pretty much every turn! Thank you for making our wedding weekend beyond all of our greatest expectations!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/9/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Westin Governor Morris for our hotel block for our wedding. The customer service was amazing throughout the entire process. We had a very large group and they were constantly able to accommodate changes and additional room needs. They also helped coordinate and host our welcome drinks, after party and farewell brunch. Everything was perfect. Kelly and the whole team at the Westin are awesome and I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation
Services Used: Accommodations

I had my wedding block at the Westin Governor Morris this past weekend and it exceeded my expectation. The hotel was clean, service was great, and the location was perfect for traveling to our venue ! We were working with Kelly the wedding block coordinator and she was so helpful in planning our wedding block. She responded promptly to email and was very professional answering all our questions and addressing any concerns we may have ! I highly recommend this hotel as your wedding block, you will not be disappointed !!!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were so happy to have our wedding at The Westin Governor Morris... Every person we worked with was professional, responsive and eager to help our day the best day! We would recommend this venue to any couple looking to have a seamless wedding planning process. All of our guests, including us, were very impressed with the level of service. The food was outstanding and the space was perfect.

Profile Picture deirdre, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Chairs

We worked with Kelly at the Westin Governor Morris to coordinate our room block for our wedding weekend. We chose the Westin for our room block because of the quality and the fact that they provided seamless shuttle service for guests to and from our wedding venue. Our wedding was during Labor Day Weekend so I was concerned that it would be difficult for guests to book rooms, but Kelly made the process extremely easy. She was always easy to reach and responded to all questions immediately. We even ended up hosting our farewell brunch at the hotel - the room was beautiful and the food was excellent. Every part of the process was seamless and the hotel provided top notch service from start to finish. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding room block and brunch!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I began our search in the North Jersey area since we had family traveling from New England. I decided to do a venue visit based off of other brides' reviews online, who raved about the Westin Governor Morris. The hotel property, ballroom, and the lobby were all beautiful!! I knew right away that this was the venue we would host our reception in. Our guests still to this day tell us how beautiful the reception was and how awesome the Westin was. Everything from the check in process, to the food /drinks at cocktail hour & dinner, the after party and the farewell breakfast were 'all perfect' in the words of our guests. We knew that booking the Westin was the best decision, as not only was the venue beautiful, but the convenience factor for our guests could not be topped. The room block, wedding reception, after-party, and farewell breakfast the following morning were all hosted under the same roof! I truly think that because of this, the energy of the party and of our guests never died down throughout the weekend. We have the Westin to thank for that !

Family & friends LOVED the two-tier ballroom in the Westin -- it added another space to mingle and socialize with other guests. The chandeliers were beautiful, and the ballroom itself was a neutral color, perfect for any bride who wants to use the color of her wish!

We were thrilled at the level of service we received throughout the entire process. Julie was a great face for the Westin - she is awesome to work with - in the wedding and hospitality industry there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, and it requires a lot of teamwork in order for the wedding venue to execute. The Westin did not disappoint, and their team showed us that they were there to make your wedding a success!!! Pedro and Julio also made sure our reception, after party, and farewell breakfast went off w/o a hitch!! Brides - if you are looking for a beautiful venue look no further & book The Westin Governor Morris!!!

Profile Picture Madeleine, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Indoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

Our wedding was a traditional Indian wedding with almost 400 people, so managing the event was not easy. Although the wedding was in Morristown, NJ, I lived in Northern Virginia so a lot of communication between the senior catering manager, Julie, and I was via email and phone. Nonetheless we were able to connect often to exchange all pertinent information. She never once said anything like "I'm not supposed to do that" or "Thats not my job." She double and triple checked every detail - it was clear that the hotel staff knew what they were doing. Kelly was very easy to work with when it came to hotel room booking. The hotel staff made sure we were fed :-) Overall, my family and I felt we were in very capable hands through the majority of this process. We're very thankful to making our day a wonderful time for everyone! My comments: 1) After the ceremony, there was no direction on where guests should proceed to for post ceremony snacks, so 350ish people were quite confused. I got flustered a bit seeing that and wondered why no one was there because we needed to stay in the ceremony hall for pictures with our families. By the time guests reached the post ceremony reception, food was already gone because earlier guests took many items, much more than they should have. I don't know whose fault this falls upon, but if someone else was there to direct people, it would've worked better. 2) Along the same lines for cocktail hour and dinner. People crowded to one side of the food area while the other side was completely open. People later saw there was another side and it did even out. 3) The Bride's family and groom's family rooms should have been on the second floor so the elevator piece is eliminated and easy access to each halls. 4) In the midst of everything we were re-told the hospitality room for the bridesmaids to make\change etc. We hardly addressed the detail but it could have been beneficial

Profile Picture Sonya, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Cake

We used the Westin Governor Morris as the hotel for our guests for our wedding on July 28, 2017. It is such beautiful hotel with a gorgeous lobby and great rooms. I worked with Kelly the months in preparation for our wedding and she was extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. She was so accommodating and always available to answer any questions or concerns I may have had. The complimentary shuttle for our guests to the Park Savoy and back was so appreciated! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone getting married in the area!

Profile Picture Maria, 7/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kelly was awesome at the Westin in planning my room block for my daughters wedding which consisted of 100 rooms and breakfast the next day for our guests. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Profile Picture Carol, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joyce and team were incredibly helpful and made the day an amazing success. Great facilities and perfect choice particularly given our many out of town guests who were able to stay at the hotel and our need to have a kosher menu.

Profile Picture Jeff, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ was the perfect venue for my daughter’s wedding. The wedding took place the Sunday night of Memorial Day Weekend, 2017. We couldn’t be more pleased with the entire wedding! We had many, many out-of-town guests, and the hotel accommodated them all – we ended up with 75 rooms booked! We worked with Kelly Bartolome regarding the room block, starting one year prior. She held the “bridal nook” for the wedding party – which was the perfect location for our after party. It consisted of the very large hospitality suite connected to a junior suite (2 room suite) on each side. We had access to the hospitality suite the night before the wedding, and all day on the day of the wedding, for hair and makeup, and for the after party. The service at the Westin was outstanding in every way. Julie Olsen, our catering manager, was great to work with. She was extremely responsive, and helpful. Great attention to detail – I didn’t even need a party planner. The hotel is beautiful – it’s historic, but has been restored so everything is top notch. The front lobby, the ballroom, the chandeliers – all gorgeous! All our guest commented on how they loved the hotel. Morristown itself is a great area. Since it was a 3 day weekend, many of our guests enjoyed going into town, or to the Morristown Museum, or to the nearby Arboretum. Of course, many just wanted to relax at the Westin’s large outdoor pool.Overall, I’d highly recommend this venue. It’s perfect if you have people flying into Newark airport – less than a half hour by Uber or cab.Great location for NJ, great customer service, and, I almost forgot, phenomenal food! From the filet mignon to the mushroom risotto, to the fresh sushi at the cocktail party, everything was fantastic! Really good quality. And priced very reasonably! Literally no complaints about this venue. It was a great wedding. My guests were telling me it was the best wedding they’ve every been to!

Profile Picture Jane, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We used the Westin for our hotel block and post wedding brunch! Kelly was great to work with - very responsive and flexible as we tried to keep adjusting our hotel room block. Everyone also loved the brunch there and it was very convenient for our venue. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Transportation, Unique Services (Other)

The facility and venue of the Westin Governor Morris was top shelf. The atmosphere and food was amazing The entire staff was extremely professional and accommodating. Joyce & Christina were a pleasure to work with and made the entire process seamless from beginning to end. If you are looking for an elegant and sophisticated venue for your wedding or any other affair, I would suggest you look no further than the Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ.

Profile Picture Kyle, 12/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Shuttle, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals

We used the Westin Governor Morris for our room blocks for our wedding at Crystal Plaza. We worked directly with Christina who was very helpful and professional throughout the entire process. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous and our wedding guests who took advantage of the accommodations were raving over this hotel. On top of that, we did add a farewell breakfast in our package for the next morning. They had set us up in a beautiful room with a REAL breakfast. We had an excellent assortment of hot and cold breakfast foods as well as a variety of drinks including a Westin plus Starbucks coffee. I even had a surprise secretly set up to have a birthday cake brought out for my husband since it was his birthday and even that was just wonderful. Thank you to the staff at the Westin Governor Morris for truly showing us and our guests a luxurious overnight experience for our wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Shuttle

We are the parents of the bride and would like to offer our thanks to the Westin Governor and all of their outstanding staff for extending such graciousness to our guests who stayed in the block of rooms we reserved for our daughter's and SIL's wedding. Everyone also greatly enjoyed the brunch you provided the next day.

We especially appreciated the services and attention given to everyone by both Julie Olson and Kelly B. They went above and beyond both during the preparation and throughout the actual events, providing VIP services every step of the way.

We would certainly recommend your establishment to anyone who is looking for quality accommodations.

Your truly,
Debbie&Tom

Profile Picture Debbie, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Shuttle, Accommodations

We chose The Westin Governor Morris for our wedding room block and private farewell buffet breakfast. Our wedding reception was approximately ten minutes away at The Park Savoy. Our contact at The Westin was Kelly and she was fantastic. From our initial meeting through the day of the wedding, Kelly was very attentive and responsive. She regularly checked in to ensure that everything was correct and up to date throughout the process. Due to the number of rooms that we booked, The Westin provided complimentary shuttle service to and from The Park Savoy. The guest rooms were in excellent condition and very spacious. Due to the number of guests in our block (~100), our farewell buffet breakfast was in a private room. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely attentive. We would highly recommend The Westin Governor Morris for your wedding room block if you are getting married in the Morristown area.

Profile Picture Sean, 4/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Transportation, Unique Services (Other)

We used the Westin Governer Morris hotel to house our guests for our wedding in March 2016. From the very beginning working with Kelly was extremely easy and she did everything she could to make us comfortable and prepared for our wedding day. In the end everything (the rooms, the hotel staff, the breakfast, the transportation service to our venue) turned out perfect as she promised. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any wedding or event in the area.

Profile Picture User6833105, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Transportation, Travel

The Westin Governor Morris was a DREAM of a wedding venue. Not only is it beautiful and warm, but the staff is incredible. I do not have a bad thing to say about anyone. We worked with Joyce Beighley as our Sales Manager, and she could not have been more accommodating, knowledgable, and easy to work with. She was always available, always had an answer to our questions, and made our whole wedding weekend run so smoothly. Christina Rodriguez did our room block, and she was outstanding. We never ran into any issues with rooms, and she was so on top of our block through the whole process. The whole staff at the hotel was absolutely amazing and made our families feel like royalty. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Mallory, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Westin Governor Morris was the very first venue that we visited during a very long day of location scouting, and it clearly set the bar too high for the other places to match!

We selected the Westin for our October wedding in 2015 and it was one of the only places that could accommodate our ‘all inclusive’ vision including an on-site ceremony, reception, after-hours gathering place (an in-house wine bar) and a send-off breakfast the following morning. The Governor’s Ballroom has a very large dance floor and a unique two-tiered layout with extra seating space, which we loved. Just make sure that you need all of the space, as there was a minimum spending clause in the contract which was not an issue for us given the number of guests that we invited, but certainly could be for a smaller group with more modest needs.

Our wedding coordinator Julie was very responsive to all of our many inquiries and had a lot of helpful suggestions for setup and style arrangements that could work well for us. I was really impressed by the quality of the catering options, and Julie was very flexible on letting us slightly rearrange the menu to include our favorite beer for our guests, and she only worried a little bit when we mentioned the idea of ‘confetti cannons’. Although we were the only wedding on the premises that day, there were 3 other wedding groups staying at the hotel taking shuttles to other venues in the area, so be sure to ask about that if having your run of the place is important to you. Regardless, we were still able to get more than 100 rooms at the hotel. Thanks as well to our booking manager Kelly, as she managed to squeeze a few extra rooms into our wedding block at the last minute (to accommodate all of the guests that somehow forget that we were having a wedding that day).
Overall, we were extremely pleased with the Westin. It’s a beautiful venue with an experienced staff, and if we could do it all over again, we would gladly use the Westin again.

Profile Picture Liz, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Linens, Chairs, Shuttle

The Westin team did an amazing job at making our wedding a perfect event! All our guests were highly impressed with the overall venue and how everything was handled smoothly. Julie and Kelly both did a great job with organizing everything and taking care of the room blocks. We could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding. Everything was handled on time and in an orderly manner.

Profile Picture Ankur, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Linens

The Westin is not only a beautiful hotel but a great wedding venue. The food, décor, ambience and quality is amazing. All the staff, especially Julie, was absolutely wonderful to work with. I can not say enough good things about working with Julie. She really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding. The Westin gets 10 gold stars from us!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Westin for our wedding at the Park Savoy and it did not disappoint. Kelly was my primary point of contact and she was wonderful. She was super responsive throughout the entire process and answered any question I had. We had about 40 rooms of out of town guests and everyone had great things to say about the hotel and the Blue Morel restaurant. Our shuttle service for our guests went off without a hitch, and the rooms at the hotel were great. I had a very positive experience dealing with the Westin and Kelly in particular and would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/19/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I used the Westin governor for hotel accommodations for my guests that were coming from New york. Christina Rodriguez the sales manager coordinated everything easily and gave us a beautiful complementary room for us.

Profile Picture Maria, 7/5/15, 4 Reviews