The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Reviews

The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 6
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 7

Sargum · Married on 06/29/2019

Destination Wedding - Wedding Planner and Westin Review

Our wedding planner, Heidy, was beyond amazing! I am an extremely detailed person and ask a lot of questions and she responded to every question without complaining and when she could not accommodate my needs, she explained why in a very professional but warm manner. She also worked very hard to accommodate requests which were outside of the norm such as finding colorful drapes for our wedding venue, getting us an easel for our photo last minute, and gladly making reservations for us in Tamarindo. Since I wanted the wedding to be western but have a touch of Indian flare, there were a lot of additional details she had to figure out and make happen which she did with a lot of excitement.

With all the weddings she plans, I could not believe she was able to be so genuine in her happiness for us and desire to make our dreams come true. She is one of the most sincere people we have ever met and it felt more like a family member was planning our wedding b/c she really cared about making us happy the best she could.

She was also very well prepared for emergencies as my reception dress ripped while dancing and like a surgeon, she came over and sewed it all up within 5 minutes so I could return to dancing.

I promise you will have no regrets by going with the Westin and Heidy as the wedding planner. The venue is beautiful, the wildlife is so cool (like you are in a zoo), the food is awesome, the servers have smiles on their faces - our guests were very happy! In general, we both have very high expectations for service providers but with the Westin and Heidy as the wedding planner, we have no regrets and loved everything. :)

Jeff and Sargum Morgan

Sent on 07/26/2019
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 8
  • I

Irma Daunoraite · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing spot!

Our special day took place on January 19th. We only had 20 guests. The resort has a beautiful set up for weddings either on the beach or in the beautiful Zen Garden that's surrounded by the ocean and beautiful Costa Rican nature. We chose the garden. It was breathtaking. The service is top quality. Our dinner took place by the pool which by the time the reception started had nobody around. The service, waiters, food.. Excellent! The rooms were beautiful. Very happy with our choice to celebrate our wedding at this resort. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Harold and Mary Marsh · Married on 09/08/2018

Service and staff for wedding

There were some issues. The wedding started to soon so a few people were late and some food issues but the resort and staff made up very quickly for that.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Holly · Married on 08/23/2018

We planned my daughter's wedding for August 23, 2018. I must admit I was a bit nervous about planning a destination wedding by emails, but Heidi and her staff more than met our expectations! EVERYTHING was perfect, even down to the little "extras" we asked for! The floral bouquets and arrangements were absolutely GORGEOUS! They were exactly like we requested. Heidi and her team responded immediately to all my emails and were professional and efficient. The Westin Resort was beautiful and a relaxing way to host a wedding. I recommend this resort highly for a destination wedding or just for a relaxing vacation. Thank you Heidi and Westin Resort!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/15/2018

Our wedding was an absolute dream, and Heidy was incredible!

We took a chance planning our wedding during the rainy season, and Heidy was so attentive to our wish to have the ceremony outside in the beach. We were able to do that, and she was able to change our reception location from an outdoor location to one of the resort’s restaurants (with air conditioning! which our dancing guests seriously appreciated) literally the day before the wedding.

I had sent Heidy a Pinterest board with textures and color palettes and it was honestly my dream come to life. Everything was exactly as I pictured it, and it was because Heidy took such care to make it so.

Everyone at the resort was wonderful, kind and helpful and willing to help make your stay better in any way. I’m pretty sure every employee and guest knew my name because my father was *the* proudest and happiest man in Costa Rica that weekend. :) He’s been raving since July - “I don’t know why everyone doesn’t do a destination wedding like that!”

Sent on 10/11/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 15
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 16
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 17

Caryn · Married on 06/20/2018

This is such an amazing place to get married. Heidy was by far a top notch wedding planner from start to finish. We love the way she handled EVERYTHING from hair to vendors.

Sent on 10/04/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 18

Mckenzie · Married on 05/26/2018

What an amazing day!! I was initially nervous about a destination wedding however with Heidi and the team from the Westin it was an absolutely wonderful perfect experience. At no point were we stressed and the experience was so enjoyable and fun. They made our day perfect and Heidi responded back so fast if we ever had a question. I could not have imagined a more perfect or beautiful wedding and its all thanks to Heidi and her team. Our guests had the most amazing perfect time and we had so many lovely comments about what a fantastic time everyone had! My husband and I can not wait to go back to celebrate a special anniversary in beautiful Costa Rica.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 19
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 20
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 21
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 22
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 23

Allison · Married on 04/07/2018

Our wedding at The Westin Playa Conchal was incredible! The ceremony was beautiful and the flowers were exactly what I wanted. The food at the reception was delicious and everyone loved the wedding cake. Overall, the process was smooth and Heidy was very on top of the wedding. We had some miscommunication with the spa and getting to the ceremony but otherwise, everything was on time and went very well. I HIGHLY recommend The Westin for a wedding. And, the resort itself is absolutely beautiful! Wish I could get married again!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 24
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 25
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 26
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 27

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2017

We LOVED working with Heidy! I'm very happy with our decision to do a destination wedding and having Heidy to work with :).

Sent on 03/20/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 32
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 33
  • W

Whitney · Married on 12/10/2017

Most amazing day of our lives! Such a beautiful location on the beach and although it wasn't completely private, our photos seemed like it was and the ceremony felt like it was. Worth every penny we spent for it to be exactly what the two of us wanted. Heidy was amazing, organizing every single detail and making our wedding day completely relaxing and enjoyable. Our pictures were some of the best I've ever seen with the picturesque landscapes. They truly helped us capture this memory forever. The resort is top-notch and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. I want to go back already and it's only been 3 months!!

Sent on 03/13/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 34
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 35
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 36

Meredith · Married on 05/07/2017

The whole westin team was absolutely wonderful!! Heidy, the wedding planner, went above and beyond and created the most spectacular wedding day and week for us! Yoel made room reservations a breeze. Verny and the rest of the Swiss travel group arranged some awesome excursions for us. Dedicated staff David and Jeffery at the towers were always super helpful and friendly! Paola at the salon was gifted and very sweet! Everyone at the resort was so warm and welcoming! We would highly recommend it.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Krystle · Married on 04/23/2017

Heidy was very awesome to work with! She made me feel special and accommodated to all my needs. I was nervous planning a wedding across the world and could only communicate through email and she made it very easy to plan everything. From when we arrived at the resort until after the ceremony she was there to help and made it all effortless.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Matt and Alex · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding was absolutely amazing!!! We would do it all over again!!! Thank you Heidy and to the rest of the Westin staff, you were all wonderful :)

Sent on 05/27/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/31/2017

Heidy was so easy to work with. We collaborated on ideas with the help of a joint Pinterest page, and everything turned out to be better than I ever imagined! She was wonderful and accommodating while we were at the resort, and even remembered the names of our friends and family throughout the weekend. The itinerary was planned perfectly and the recommended vendors were all fantastic! I highly recommend the Westin Playa Conchal, but especially Heidy for your wedding day!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Jennifer · Married on 02/27/2017

We had an all inclusive elopement dream come true at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal! Every staff member made us feel special. The rooms and grounds were meticulously groomed. Every single staff member was polite, happy, engaging, professional and informative. We swam in the refreshing waters of Playa Conchal, relaxed by the pool, ate delicious meals and drank palate-pleasing beverages. Stylist Paola became a friend & confidant as she assisted with my hair/makeup/nails & gown zipping! Heidy Quesada, onsite wedding specialist orchestrated our big day seamlessly! My fiancée & I saw each other for the 1st time in our wedding attire as I walked barefoot down the beach to where he stood waiting for me. The beauty of Playa Conchal at sunset created the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. Tears formed in my eyes as the beauty of Playa Conchal at sunset created the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. The two of us, the waves, the wind and the sand beneath our feet became one that evening. Our photographer captured our happiness in incredibly artistic photos of the event, so we could share them with family when we returned home. We ate heartily & sipped tasty beverages. We cut our cake and toasted to Pura Vida! Thank you Westin Golf Resort & Spa for being part of our love story! THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2017

alana · Married on 02/27/2016

The Westin was amazing! Heidy Quesada, the wedding planner/coordinator was absolutely amazing! Our wedding at the Westin was perfect and Heidy did such a wonderful job! Our wedding turned out to be everything I had ever imagined and more. Everyone at the Westin was so nice and accommodating! If i had to do it again, I would do the same exact thing. Heidy, especially, was so helpful and just the best. I cannot say enough good things about her. Every single detail was handled and she made she I did not have to stress about anything. I wish I could relive every single second! I would definitely recommend the Westin and Heidy for anyone looking to have their wedding at this beautiful destination!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Working with Heidy was incredible. She made great recommendations, was professional and personable, and the services provided were excellent!

Sent on 03/22/2016

Heidy is amazing! She organized and facilitated a seamless Wedding. Her professionalism and attentive responsiveness were present from start to finish. Thank you Heidy.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

We had our dream wedding at The Westin Resort & Spa Playa Conchal. The Wedding was absolutely phenomenal. The Music by Dj Teemor was so awesome everyone danced all night. Teemors song selection was better than we asked for! The Photographer Jonathan Yonkers was Beyond Incredible with is artistic touch and his work is breathtaking, He is a true photographer who understand everything about the camera and making you look good in your pictures for your memories! Roberta from Art Flower made the place light up with excellence, and the flowers were the most beautiful thing you have ever seen before, like a magazine, she listened to everything we asked for and did the most incredible job! We are so happy to have Roberta to be part of our wedding, from flowers to floating candles, she's outstanding! Now the Best for last, Heidy The Wedding planner who put this all together went above and beyond, Her kindness made everything stress free and her knowledge is something you can't find everyday! She made sure everything was Perfect and It was!! We can't thank Heidy enough for putting together the wedding of our dreams, so much that all of our guest said it was the best wedding they have ever been to before, Heidy is the best! Heidy put in all of the extra touches and came up with the most special ideas for our wedding. She set up the most perfect wedding, when the day started she made sure to have champagne in the dressing rooms to toast to, excellent hair and makeup for the girls and many more little details that make you feel special, Heidy has them all covered. Heidy made sure everything went smoothly, it couldn't have gone any more smooth, her expertise in planning is the best ever! We loved everything Heidy did for us she will always have a very special place in our hearts, as she created the wedding of our dreams. Thank you so much for making our wedding the most special day of our lives and greatest beginning to our journey of love!! One LOVE!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2016

The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal's reply:

Dear Jennifer, thanks so much for such a wonderful message , we are very proud oh Heidy as part of our team. Congratulations again and thank you for having chosen us for your wedding!
    Francina.
    Director of Sales
    francina.gutierrez@westin.com

Tiffany · Married on 02/14/2016

Our wedding coordinator Heidy Quesada was AMAZING! We spoke for months via email about the details of our wedding and she was very responsive and always pleasant which reassured us that we had made the right decision choosing the Westin Playa Conchal. I would send her ideas from Pinterest for flowers, cake, and decorations and the details of our actual ceremony and reception EXCEEDED our expectations. My bouquet was GORGEOUS, the flowers and decorations that came with the package were BEAUTIFUL, the food was DELICIOUS; our guests were very pleased; everything was PERFECT. Heidy also went out of her way to make dinner reservations ahead of time for our group of guests so that we would have a place to eat each night since the resort was full. She did an exceptional job. We will definitely come back!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Lori · Married on 01/05/2016

Heidy, the wedding coordinator at the Westin, made this a fantastic experience. I was really nervous planning our elopement from Canada and never having been to this resort before. Heidy answered all of my questions and was so cheerful and professional. She was fantastic to work with and our wedding was exactly as planned. I'm so grateful for her fantastic help!

Sent on 01/18/2016

laura · Married on 02/01/2015

I have done a lot of bride hair and makeup here and this place is so nice its the best in Costa Rica that I have seen.

Sent on 06/16/2015
  • Y

Yoan · Married on 11/26/2017

It was a great pleasure working with Heidy, all my concerns and questions were answered in a timely manner, she made it very easy to plan a destination wedding as I felt at ease with her in charge and that all my needs were met. She went above and beyond to make my (pinterest) dream wedding come to life. Thanks again Westin, Heidy is true gem.

Sent on 03/16/2018
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 37
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 38
  • Evelyn

Evelyn Jimenez · Married on 05/05/2019

Excellent service

I was nervous about doing a destination wedding, but Heidy the Wedding Coordinator was Excellent! She answered all my questions, she was attentive to my needs, she offered suggestions on photographers and DJs. She made sure everything went according to schedule and it did. The set up was beautiful! The staff at the resort were also amazing! They greeted me with friendly smiles and made sure I was taken care of when I needed something.

Sent on 08/08/2019
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 39
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 40
    The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal 41

Kenneth · Married on 02/15/2016

4.2
      3.5

We thought Heidy was wonderful to deal with and found she did everything she said she would. The only things I would do differently would be I would rake the beach area where the wedding is to be held as we has dog droppings and a dead snake at the wedding area. Secondly I would provide transportation from the wedding sight to the restaurant after the ceremony.
    Other than those 2 points my wife and I were very happy with all that was done.and we thank you.

Sent on 03/21/2016