The Wedding Planner Reviews

The Wedding Planner 2
The Wedding Planner 3
The Wedding Planner 4

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2017

Michaela was absolutely amazing to work with during my wedding planning process. Great communication! I had a very strong vision of what I wanted the reception space to look like and she REALLY brought everything to life. She was so patient and helpful with the setup and clean up and made my LIFE for all the work she did during the day of. I was able to have a worry free and fun day all thanks to here. I would highly recommend her to anyone and actually I already started to lol.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/09/2016

I can not imagine our wedding day without Michaela. From our first phone conversation it was easy to tell just how much Michaela loves weddings and what she does, and how easy and fun she would be to work with. I set out on a search for a day of planner on the recommendation of a close friend who suggested that I hire someone to help coordinate the day of, apart from the coordinators I was already working with at our venue. When I hired Michaela, that's what I was expecting, that she would be with us to execute on the day of - but what we got was so much more. Michaela provided some great materials, recommendations and resources in the Rhode Island area. The weekend of the wedding I realized I forgot to order the anniversary cake tier that we were going to cut since we had cupcakes as our dessert, and Michaela went above and beyond to find a baker for us, order and pick up a cake! I thought it would be "easy" to plan a wedding, after having attended and been in so many, but Michaela helped to alleviate much of the stress that comes with the planning process. The vendors, including the venue all commented on how much they appreciated and enjoyed working with Michaela as well. If we had to do it all over, I would most certainly hire Michaela again, and even consider hiring her for more comprehensive planning.

Kasey · Married on 08/27/2016

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of working with Michaela for our August 27th, 2016 wedding at the Roger Williams Park Casino. Michaela was a JOY to work with...easy going...excellent listener...extremely organized. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple - she asked us all about our love story and our families, which shows the incredible care and time she takes in really get to know her clients. She understood our vision, and made our special day flow effortlessly. If you're getting married, she is absolutely the one person you should call to help turn your dream wedding into a reality!

Kayla · Married on 06/11/2016

Michaela did a truly tremendous job! We hired her as our "day of coordinator" but she was so much more then that! Communication was always open with her, we met twice before the wedding, she was in charge of our rehearsal and our go-to the day of. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned on our wedding day. She always came to meetings prepared and took detailed notes. From the very first phone call with her I knew that we could trust her to help us make our day perfect. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside but because of weather we had to move it indoors which she helped make possible and did a great job handling all of the behind the scenes details. A few things did not get delivered on time/had to be dealt with and Michaela, along with our caterer, handled the issue themselves without me even knowing. I could not recommend Michaela enough, she is genuinely a terrific wedding planner!

Sent on 07/28/2016

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Kayla and Cory, I LOVED being a part of your wedding. I was happy to have assisted you a bit throughout the planning process and really enjoyed helping you on your special day. The venues was perfect and your ceremony was lovely. Wishing you MUCH happiness! XOXO- Michaela Lamb

Kelly · Married on 06/05/2016

My advice to engaged couples about planning your wedding is do not underestimate the value of a wedding planner or day of coordinator. When first planning the big day I was a bit sticker shocked by the rates for most things, including hiring a wedding coordinator. That being said, I am so thankful I did! Working full time & planning a wedding are hard so much work, why not let a professional help. We hired Michaela for day of coordination. This was a great option because I had utilized wedding apps to help with narrowing down my budget, theme, venue, etc. but I needed the help to make the day go smoothly. Michaela was always available by phone & email for advice and updates. Michaela provided me with questions prior to our meetings to get me thinking about what that day was going to be like and to think about the details. Michaela created an itinerary for the day of and made sure all my vendors were on the same page. She helped with the set up of decorations and at the end of the night she was there packing up. She made sure to take care of any questions or issues that might have come up with the vendors, staff or guests and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Michaela was so pleasant to work with, you can tell she really loves what she does and that's the type of person you want to work with! My wedding day was perfect and I'm so thankful Michaela was there to see that happen, her motto is true, "your happily ever after starts here" ....

Sent on 07/21/2016

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thanks Kelly and Andy. Your review is much appreciated. I REALLY enjoyed getting to know the two of you over the past year. You are a lovely couple and I can see how happy you make one another. I always enjoyed being in your company. Your wedding was so nice. I enjoyed meeting your family as well. I hope to keep in touch with you. XOXO- Michaela

Kait · Married on 05/21/2016

Michaela was amazing from the start, met with myself and Heath a couple times even though she was just helping me on my wedding day. She made up a whole timeline, discussed it with the other vendors and assured my ceremony would go smoothly. Everywhere we needed help she was there. My parents and I were delighted to have her there especially helping with the ceremony, setting up the reception and breaking it down. She also helped my mom bring out the gifts to her car which was definitely helpful when things are crazy.

Sent on 07/06/2016

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Kait and Heath, Thank you so much for your kind words. I really enjoyed assisting you on your wedding day and throughout the planning process. Your family and friends were so nice to work with too! The day couldn't have been nicer. I am really happy for you. Keep in touch!

Nick · Married on 01/16/2016

I used The Wedding Planner's services for a proposal event. I had put out many requests for information along many different platforms and Michaela from The Wedding Planner got back me, not only first but within hours of the said request. I didn't even receive a second response from another company until over a week later. She was awesome! I laid out so many ideas that I had for the perfect proposal. Michaela helped sort through these ideas and coordinate them into something that would be not only realistic and under budget, but also perfect given our personalities. She was very communicative and kept me in the loop as well as answered every question promptly (I asked a lot). She let me make it special by creating something special out of what I dreamed up and took care of all the details. All I had to do was bring the ring. I definitely recommend using a planner for his type of occasion. I wouldn't have been able to keep it a total surprise with my busy schedule and no time to make reservations, decorate, or any of the other little details that Michaela helped take care of. It was perfect through and through. Thanks again!!

Sent on 01/23/2016

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Nick, I was honored to assist you in planning that special moment for you and Erin. Wishing you all the best!

Michaela went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect. We hired her to primarily handle our rehearsal and ceremony. She did a phenomenal job excecuting all of our plans. She was always super quick to answer my many questions and gave her expert advice when necessary. There were a few issues that came up leading to the wedding and Michaela handled them immediately. If you are looking for some help on your wedding day, you will not regret hiring Michaela, she is fabulous!

Sent on 10/27/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you. You were a pleasure to work with. I was honored to be a part of your lovely ceremony.

Hiring Michaela as our day-of coordinator was one of the best decisions that we made in planning our wedding. From day one she was easy to talk to, genuine and professional. Her enthusiasm for what she does is really contagious! She took care of literally all of the day-of details and made sure that we didn't have to worry about a thing. The itinerary that she developed was tailored to us and our venue and worked absolutely seamlessly over the course of the evening. We were able to fully enjoy ourselves at our wedding without thinking about the "behind the scenes" operations--what a huge relief!! I would absolutely recommend Michaela as a wedding planner!

Sent on 09/23/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Karen, Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day. I truly enjoyed myself at your wedding. I wish you all the best!

Hali · Married on 08/29/2015

Michaela was wonderful!!!! Have recommendations of vendors she has used before and also used vendors my family recommend. Flexible and great to work with.

Sent on 08/30/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Hali, Thank you for your kind words. You really were a pleasure to work with. Please keep in touch! XOXO

Michaela did an absolutely fabulous job. EVERY detail was attended to. She was on top of all deadlines and arrangements. Here is an example of Michaela's dedication. The father of the groom was going to read a poem in French at the ceremony and at 7:00 PM, the night before the wedding, we asked her to print the poem in English for those who did not speak French. Not only was it printed in English but was on card stock with decorations around the boarders. A beautiful presentation. We were thrilled.

I would recommend Michaela without reservation.

Sent on 08/31/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you. I truly enjoyed being a part of the wedding day. I am so happy that everyone had such a great time. Your review is much appreciated. Wishing you all the best.

Michaela was amazing, she helped us plan everything, ceremony , reception, decor, even little details which you will always forget just because you start planning a wedding. Whatever we planned and envisioned, Michaela was able to listen to us and help us realize our dream wedding. Thank you very much, Michaela. We believe if you want your day to be magical and memorable, get a wedding planner whom you can rely and make sure you are on track with your budget. Wedding planner like Michaela.

Elena and Liwae

Sent on 11/08/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Elena, This review is as sweet as you are. I enjoyed working with you and getting to know you. Wishing you much happiness. XOXO

Ciji · Married on 05/23/2015

Michaela is amazing! My wedding day was everything I've ever dreamed of and MORE! My husband and I had already chosen our venue, florist, bakery and limo service when I contacted Michaela (The Weddig Planner). I LOVE decor and all of the little tiny details that pull everything together. On the day of the wedding I didn't want to be stressed or bothered with it. I wanted to simply enjoy every second of mine and my husbands special day. That's why we hired Michaela. The "Day of Coordination" was the perfect package for us. I met with her several times to go over all of the little things that were important to me!! She was always extremely professional with tons of enthusiasm! She worked with the event cordinator from our venue and florist to make sure everything went exactly how we envisioned! I can't thank her enough for ALL that she did. We truly got to enjoy ourselves our entire wedding day and loved spending every second with our family and friends without a single ounce of stress!! I highly recommend hiring Michaela if you want your wedding day to be nothing but amazing and memorable!!! Besides being a detail oriented superwoman, she'll also help you reapply your lipstick, find your missing shoes AND pick up your screaming and crying 1 year old Ring Bearer...gracefully off of the ground...in the middle of your ceremony!!!! Great memories, THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/31/2015

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Ciji, I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I am just so happy that your wedding was all you had hoped it would be. XOXO

rebecca · event on: 12/15/2012

A couple of years ago my son returned home from Afghanistan. For what my husband and I feel was a minimal cost, Michaela put together a fun party on short notice. She designed a patriotic cake, hung up flags, and decorated with a red, white, and blue theme. She had music playing, food stations, and family and friends were all enjoying themselves. She really captured the enthusiasm of welcoming my son home.

Sent on 05/08/2014

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca. It was an honor to plan your son's welcome home party. I'm glad I was involved in the memorable day.

Liz · Married on 10/08/2010

I love her! I didn't realize that I'd be so caught up in the details and little stressors that come when planning a wedding... luckily, Michaela was able to help me though the process step by step. Her expertise, positive attitude, and guidance was just what I needed. I feel very fortunate to have found her! When I have another big party or event, I will ABSOLUTELY call her again!

Sent on 04/22/2014

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Liz, Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding was beautiful. You and Joe are a lovely couple. Wishing you all the best...

Connie · Married on 10/08/2010

Several years ago we hired Michaela Lamb to help plan our son's wedding.
    Her assistance was invaluable. Michaela had creative ideas for everything; centerpieces, favors, photo booth.....
    She envisioned beautiful table settings, came up with a way to include loved ones who are no longer with us, and recommended fitting songs for both the ceremony and reception.
    It was the details of the day on which people commented, and we give all the credit to Michaela...we couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 05/07/2014

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Connie, It was really a pleasure meeting and working with you. I enjoyed being a part of your son's wedding. It was truly a beautiful day. Congratulations.

Connie · event on: 01/19/2013

Michaela planned a well-deserved surprise 60th birthday party for my wife. I am not at all a planner and would have had no idea where to begin. I met Michaela and knew I could trust her to get the job done. She worked with my budget and put together a wonderful dinner party. Michaela took a genuine interest in the celebration - my wife was surprised, the food was great, and everyone had a good time!

Sent on 05/07/2014

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. The birthday party was so fun to plan and I heard just as much fun to be at! It was a pleasure.

Tara · Married on 09/30/2017

Michaela saves the day!

I worked with Michaela for my wedding just over a month ago in Newport, RI. As a control freak, I knew I wanted to plan out details with a vision in mind and hire the vendors that fit with it, but it was just as important that after so much planning I actually got to enjoy my wedding day!

As a day-of coordinator Michaela started far in advance in organizing info from vendors and a timeline. She was a huge help filling in the gaps of things to consider for the ceremony and reception (like readings, toasts, dances, etc). She also helped with our walkthrough rehearsal and getting our bridal party organized right before for our ceremony (we almost forgot the rings but she luckily remembered!) on top of that she took care of tons of decor setup and breaking it down to pack up at the end of the night. Her attention to detail meant a lot to me because I had made personal artwork I wanted displayed throughout our venue. She took a big burden off our family who would have had to oversee those things even with some staff support from the venue, because there's just so much to think about! It's very hard after hours of drinking and dancing and pure excitement to remember every item.

Thanks to her our wedding was a dream come true with no mishaps (except the rainy weather, but we'll take it as good luck)! Great job ;)

The Wedding Planner 5
    The Wedding Planner 6
    The Wedding Planner 7
    The Wedding Planner 8

Johanna · Married on 09/10/2016

Michaela helped our wedding day go smoothly and to plan. There were a few glitches, but Michaela was able to handle them without disturbing me, so I had the perfect day. Most importantly, she handled the set up and packing up so we didn't have to worry about it. She was extremely flexible with her time and worked around our schedule. She also recommended some great vendors, but did not pressure us into using any of them! A pleasure.

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

I worked with Michaela for day-of coordination for my July 9, 2016 wedding. I felt comfortable with her from our first meeting and she was very helpful and accommodating with communication leading up to the wedding. She coordinated our rehearsal well and did an excellent job setting-up, cleaning-up and checking in with me on the day of. It was such a weight off my shoulders knowing Michaela would be there on the day-of to take care of everything. I would recommend her services to future brides.

Sent on 07/25/2016

The Wedding Planner's reply:

Thanks, Kate and Dan. Your review is much appreciated! Wishing you much happiness!