The Wedding Party Reviews

31 Reviews for The Wedding Party

1 User photo

The Wedding Party 1

Christa · Married on 03/23/2018

My experience at The Wedding Party was the best of all the places I tried on dresses. After a really negative experience at Nordstrom I was nervous and hesitant and try on more dresses. From the second I walked into their shop I felt comfortable and welcomed and like they actually listened to what I wanted (both in style and budget!). They have a great selection of gowns in all types of styles and colors and a lot of unique things I hadn't seen online or at other shops. At the end of the first appointment I was in love with a dress but didn't want to rush in, so they were really accommodating in finding another time I could come back with my mom and grandma to be sure it was the one. When I went to pick up my dress, they gave excellent recommendations on tailors, but also advice on what to expect from a tailor, what alterations I might need/want, and questions or things I might want to ask the tailor. I could not be happier with my dress or the tailor they referred me to.

The Wedding Party 2

Abby · Married on 09/03/2016

The Wedding Party was great. I am very indecisive and due to a change of plans, was last minute shopping for a dress alone. They were SO nice to me, and very, very patient. They even talked through pros and cons of different dresses with me, and offered a discount when I was deciding between two at different price points. They were very communicative and helpful, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

Finding a dress can be difficult. There's so many choices and a lot of pressure to get something well in advance. I live in SF but decided to drive to Berkeley because the reviews for the Wedding Party were so strong. So glad I did. I was running late to my first appointment, but they were extremely accommodating evening though it was a weekday evening. I tried on 6-7 dresses, which is the perfect number and most importantly, I chose one! I loved the Nicole Miller options and felt amazing on the wedding day. The seamstress the recommend in Alameda was reliable and easy to work with for alterations. All-in-all an amazing experience!

L · Married on 06/30/2016

The Wedding Party was a wonderful place to get my dress. I had a certain budget and get overwhelmed with too many choices. They had just the right amount of choices with a few designers that I liked. The designs were in line with my style too - romantic. I ultimately got a WTOO dress which was very reasonable and they even helped trade the belt I didn't like for one that was more interesting to me.

The staff were great there and provided excellent customer service.

C · Married on 05/28/2016

I was nervous about buying a wedding dress - what if NOTHING looked good on me? What if my dream dress was just way outside my price point? What if, what if, what if. What I loved about The Wedding Party was that it was 2 real women, and their wonderful staff, at a location that felt like someone's home helping me make decisions I didn't feel ready to make. It was the first place I tried on dresses, dress #7 was the one for me. All of the dresses are priced well -- I think their entire inventory is under $2,500, with many dresses well under $1,000. There is no pressure when you enter the doors - they want you to have fun and find something you are comfortable in, and feel beautiful in. I didn't know what I wanted, and I was afraid to try on dresses (I am the kind of girl who buys clothes, tries them on at home, and then returns them most of the time because - whaddya know! they don't look good! Clara listened to what I was interested in, and watched me as I looked at dresses to gauge what I was hesitant but interested in, and threw in a few curveballs to my selections. I am so glad she did because my wedding dress was among one of the ones she chose!

These are 2 friends who wanted to start their own shop, who love what they do dearly, and care for every bride (and guest of the bride!) that comes through their doors. I didn't purchase the dress that day -- I felt I needed time to think, but scheduled an appointment to bring my future MIL back the following week, and purchased it then. Like many others have said, my dress was supposed to take 3 months or so to come in but was ready in about a month! Unreal service.

Thank you, thank you to The Wedding Party for being so wonderful!

This was the first dress shop I visited and the one I came back to after trying a few other ones. The dress selection is lovely and well-priced, and the customer service is fantastic. They were accommodating and friendly and just generally marvelous. I ended up ordering a Theia dress and it will be here less than a month after ordering!

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 11/01/2015

I had a great experience shopping for / ordering my dress with the Wedding Party, specifically Kat. First, they let me book my appointment very far in advance (my mom and future mother-in-law were both going to be in town for one day at the same time, the day before Thanksgiving, so I needed to bring them shopping during a very specific window). They kept my appointment on the books for weeks, and when we arrived we got straight to talking about what look I was going for, and trying on dresses! The shop is small and intimate, and I would say I tried on 5 – 7 dresses. While their selection isn't huge, I found three dresses I liked a lot, and one that I loved! I liked that Kat followed up with me after the appointment over email, recapping the styles that I liked. I never felt pressured. I called back a few weeks later and ordered my dress over the phone. They advised the dress would take a few months to come in, however it arrived several weeks early! I just picked it up this weekend, and did a quick try on at the shop, and it's just as lovely as I remember! I should also note that I found the shop to be very budget friendly. I definitely recommend it!

The Wedding Party was my first stop in dress shopping, and ultimately, my favorite. I was a bundle of nerves, but they were very encouraging and really listened to my needs. I found my dress by running my hand over dresses on the rack, and immediately had to put it on. It was easy to feel comfortable with Kat and the staff, and their recommended alterations lady was equally amazing. They have a good selection, I didn't feel rushed or forced in any way, and they graciously helped me figure out what looked good and what didn't. Overall, my advice is to go here first, before going anywhere else.

• Kate

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

After going wedding dress shopping at several locations in San Francisco and the East Bay, I'm so glad I landed at The Wedding Party! I worked with Jennifer, who was incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and warm. She guided me through the process of trying many dresses, until I tried on "the one". I ended up buying a gorgeous San Patrick dress that was an exception to The Wedding Party's "no ballgown" norm because they liked it so much (and so did I)! Their prices are reasonable for beautiful, high quality dresses and the service is excellent--I never felt pressured to buy, and Jennifer did a great job of reading how I was feeling about each dress I tried. The ambiance of The Wedding Party is lovely and I had a private space that my bridesmaids, mother, and grandmother got to enjoy as well. The Wedding Party's selection is a bit smaller than some, but they choose their dresses very intentionally and have a great selection. After I bought my dress, they continually updated me on the shipping status and referred me to a great seamstress for altering. I also bought a beautiful and reasonably priced veil at The Wedding Party. For a comfortable and relaxed dress shopping experience, where you get treated like a princess, I highly recommend making an appointment at The Wedding Party!

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

I had the BEST experience with Rosie at The Wedding Party.

I visited several bridal salons in San Francisco and while I had great service at some, terrible service at others, The Wedding Party just felt like....home, ya know? The ladies that work here are perfect at what they do. They'll shimmy you into as many dresses as you want to try on, suggest that dark horse option that you wouldn't have considered, give you their honest opinion on the right dress for your shape, while giving you space to make up your own mind because well, it's your money.

I originally only visited here because they had a dress I tried on at a salon in the city for the actual list price (versus with a $500 San Francisco markup) but I wish I had made this my first stop - it's that good. All their dresses average under $2K and they have so many options that are budget friendly, and dresses that you just can't believe the price tag on. I would say their dresses run the more breezy, nontraditional, dress you can move in style versus big white puffy cupcake. Though, they have some of those, too, and can show you what they'll look like with the puffy skirt or with the puffy skirt reined in.

The shop is small but it's not limited in options, and what I loved was that it was just me and my family in the upstairs loft, no crazy bridal shop madness. We relaxed, they let me take lots of photos, and Rosie cheered when I came back a second AND third time to try on what I thought was THE dress to make sure it was really, really, really THE DRESS.

I would highly recommend The Wedding Party if you want a low key, breezy, no pressure dress shopping experience. Seriously, no judgement here if you come in with a meager budget, a host of body confidence issues, an indecisive personality, or if you're not the girly girl that just loves to try on dresses all day and then bursts into tears when you find the one. They're amazing.

Lisa · Married on 07/26/2014

The Wedding Party was a perfect fit for me: easy, comfortable, no-nonsense. I made two appointments with Clara, and she couldn't have been nicer or more genuine. Though the selection is rather modest, their dresses are beautiful and Clara helped me find one that was exactly to my taste. I also fell in love with a cocktail (really bride's maid) dress that I bought to change into for dancing. If you are looking for huge, poofy, blinged-out ball gowns this may not be the place for you, but their elegant, relatively modestly priced dresses and warm demeanor are exactly what I was looking for. I highly recommend you try them!

I absolutely loved this place! The Wedding Party is a small, independently owned boutique of wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses. I thought the size of the store was perfect: definitely quality over quantity here. The small collection was wonderful as it didn't lead to me getting overwhelmed, and gave the feel that the dresses had been chosen by the owners to sell. They were all beautiful, and ranged from casual to cathedral. The attendants who helped me were professional and friendly, and made me feel absolutely beautiful. Customer service here was definitely superior to any other store I visited.

Being able to shop for a dress a the Wedding Party was a treat! I felt beautiful and special the entire time, in part because of of the special attention given to my group. I loved being able to try on anything in the store, and to be able to touch and feel everything, and feel like I was in control. They staff was extremely helpful and attentive, showing us what sleeves might look like, or what it would look like with a veil. They were happy to try a dress with a different belt, or anything else that we might have thought of. All of their dresses were reasonably priced, and beautiful. The staff offered suggestions of things to try on that were maybe not the the top on our list, and let us go back to try things on so that the final decision could be made. There was never pressure to buy something or make a decision, and lots of support. This is truly a special place to be able to try on dresses.

Megan · Married on 08/10/2013

I found a fabulous and reasonably priced wedding dress at The Wedding Party, but even more importantly I had a wonderful experience working with both Clara and Jennifer. The Wedding Party has a carefully selected set of simple, elegant, timeless wedding dresses, and I believe they told me the aim for them to all be under $1500, with many of them far below that price point. They also carry a few SF- and US-based designers, which I think is great. I came in early on in the process and found a gown that might work, but wasn’t ready to settle on it. They didn’t pressure us at all to buy it, and allowed me to come back in a couple months later and try it on again. That was the one! They were extremely helpful and supportive, so that all my fittings went just the way you would imagine them. They also let you take photos and give you all the names and codes for dresses you liked, so you can think about them afterward. The Wedding Party is a fabulous little shop!

Megan · Married on 06/29/2013

Before beginning the search for my dress I had heard great things about The Wedding Party, but I could have never imagined just how wonderful my experience would be! Clara & Jennifer are so warm, professional, sweet, and excellent at what they do. The selection of gowns is extensive, and I found my dream dress within a couple of minutes of walking through their doors. In addition to carrying beautiful and high quality dresses, their prices are considerably more reasonable than other Bay Area boutiques I visited. Not to mention their fantastic selection of bridesmaid dresses... I knew that I wanted to let my girls choose from a selection of styles, and Jennifer helped us to find a brand that carried the perfect color/fabric with 8 different styles for my girls to choose from! Needless to say, all of my bridesmaids found dresses that flatter each of their shapes and makes them feel beautiful! My dress arrived in plenty of time, and it was an absolute dream. Overall, everything was stress-free, organized, and fun! Love this place!!

Marie · Married on 09/02/2012

Go here first - I cannot recommend Clara and Jennifer more highly! I'd give them 6 stars or more. They really enjoy helping you find the perfect dress of your dreams and they have a lovely selection. Prices from about $700 to $1400 or so for wedding dresses. I believe this is as good as it gets unless you go to david's bridal, but the dresses here and far higher quality and the service is beyond fantastic. They have pictures of their styles online, but they range from straight evening gown shapes to a-line or trumpet....if you think you want a ball gown you may find something you like more than you expect, but I wouldn't call the selection ball gowns. They hand pick their samples and really have great taste. That said (I did not want a poofy dress), I was thrilled and on my first visit, left with about 6 dresses that I loved! Clara used binder clips to fit the dress to me, even showing me the back of my favorites. She suggested "options" for many of the dresses as well. I went back once to narrow it down and then one more time to order. I just ordered my wedding dress yesterday - for $777 with tax! Clara took so much care in measuring me and discussing the appropriate size for me to order. I'm definitely having my bridesmaids buy their dresses here too, although the b-maid dresses run about 150-400 (or more, I didn't shop those though) with most dresses being in the 250 range I think. I brought two friends each time and it was great fun! There's a reason everyone is giving the store 5 stars!

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2012

This is a truly outstanding bridal boutique! After successfully helping my sister find a beautiful dress last year, The Wedding Party was the only place we considered going to this year for my wedding. We worked closely with Jennifer to find the absolutely perfect dress. Jennifer met with me numerous times, helped me find an elegant and gorgeous dress, and worked to accommodate my dress preferences (we even ordered the dress without some sequins). Jennifer took into account my budget and showed me every option without any pressure to go with the more expensive dresses. I had a wonderful experience with the Wedding Party and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2012

The ladies at the wedding party are great! I love that they have simple yet fun and stylish dresses that don't break the bank. The bridal dresses are very reasonably priced, although the bridesmaid dresses are a little pricey. I love that Clara and Jennifer give you their undivided attention without feeling pushy at all. I have visitied the Wedding Party on numerous occasions (for my wedding as well as a few of my friends') and have had a great experiece each time. Everyone I have referred has also raved about how wonderful it is!

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2011

I could not have asked for a better place to buy my wedding dress!! Both Clara and Jennifer was awesome and let me coming back 3-4 times to try on dresses and I also tried on a bunch of bridesmaids dresses, too, to see which ones I liked. The studio is cozy and you get really personal service. The dresses are very reasonably priced and had a wide selection of styles. They were more on the simple side, but definitely had some big poofy and dramatic ones. I went to a few places in San Francisco and besides them being WAY to expensive, the services wasn't very personal and none of them even followed up with me! Go to the Wedding Party and you'll see what I mean. Just awesome!

Giti · Married on 08/13/2011

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Clara at The Wedding Party. She is kind, patient, helpful, and honest. I was always extremely comfortable at the WP, and I never felt rushed to make a decision. This was especially helpful for me because my mother and sisters all live on the East Coast. Not only is Clara an expert with dresses, but she's pretty awesome at taking photos, too, which allowed me to share everything with my east coast family! I can't thank her enough for doing this for me. What a difference it made.

Clara is very helpful, and while you are with her, 100% of her attention is on you. She was always there to zip, pin, and photograph. And, when I really needed an honest opinion, she didn't hold back. Those type of thoughtful recommendations along the way are what led me to the dress I wore: Zora {WTOO by Watters}

I loved every minute I spent up in that beautiful studio. And my relationship with The Wedding Party didn't end after the purchase.. I called to consult about alterations when I needed a second opinion. This place really takes care of you, all the way to the end.

Thank you, Clara, for making it all happen!

• Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 07/30/2011

Clara was amazing - she really understood our groups vibe - not fussy, but definitely looking to have fun! The dresses are not overly glittery or gaudy which was right up my alley, found several that would have done the trick, but was so excited to see what I dreamed my dress would be like on the rack! They were super easy to work with, and knew to send me home with swatches. Clara also didn't push paying for the entire gown in full - a sign of someone who really cares about her customers! Thanks, Wedding Party!

• F

Holly · Married on 05/30/2010

Wonderful! A little pricey, but you will get something that your girls will want to wear again and looks AMAZING in photos!

Melissa · Married on 08/01/2009

I had done a lot of online research before going to the Wedding Party and I had a clear vision of the dress that I wanted. I knew I didn't want the typical big white heavy wedding dress and I was not interested in going to the kind of bridal salon where someone might say "You look like a princess!" My co-worker had recommended the Wedding Party & gushed about how wonderful Clara was when she bought her wedding dress. And she was right. Clara is fantastic in all ways. When I called to make an appointment, Clara answered and we were able to find a time that would work perfectly with my busy schedule. And when I showed up with a friend who was also interested in looking at dresses, Clara generously extended our time to let my friend try on a number of gowns as well. When my friend was considering a gorgeous dress that would need tricky alterations, Clara offered to let her take it to a tailor to see if the alterations could be done. If they couldn't, my friend would bring the dress back. Who does that? Amazing. For me, Clara understood immediately what I was looking for and picked out 4 or 5 dresses for me to try on, all in my price range. I had been kind of dreading the trying on process bec. I'm a size 16 (& a 38DD) and I know that most sample dresses are MUCH smaller than that. However, Clara had larger samples that I actually could fit into! It was not only painless, but actually fun! For a bit I considered a dress that, in a duchess satin (which was nearly the opposite of what I originally wanted), would have been a few hundred dollars out of my price range. Clara showed me less expensive fabric options to make that dress workable. I wound up going with another dress, which I absolutely love and wish I could wear everyday. Throughout the process, Clara was sweet, generous, honest, and down-to-earth. When I would call, she knew immediately who I was. After I had chosen the dress that day, she told me that since my wedding was about a year away, I could and should wait another 4 or 5 months to order it. I was astounded, since I was expecting her to "close the deal" right then. But I went on my way, and paid for the dress when I ordered it months later. When it came in, she explained the details of the alterations that should be done and gave me honest advice about places to take it. Those details helped me when I had to explain to the seamstress what needed to be fixed AFTER they had supposedly taken care of those issues. Basically it boils down to the fact that Clara is a gem and the Wedding Party is like a calm island in the crazy storm of wedding industry insanity!

Ruth · Married on 06/29/2013

After dutifully allowing my mother and maid of honor to drag me to over a dozen over the top bridal shops, I basically loathed the entire process. As a last ditch effort to keep me from eloping my maid of honor took me here. Mind blown.

These ladies know their business. Everything is neat and very well managed. You make a one hour appointment for either bridal or bridesmaid dresses. They have all the samples out for you to look through. They respond very well to suggestions. Everything was transparent and low pressure, and their stuff is also much more reasonable than the glitter / bangle / sparkle everywhere else. This place is tasteful.

We got a small discount for ordering all the bridesmaids dresses and bridal gown here, but even without the discount it was cheaper than anywhere else. They recommended fantastic seamstresses, too.

The real clincher here was when we took my husband's sister. She's not the dress wearing type and has some body image issues. Clara took one look at her, picked up three dresses, and sent her off to try them on. Those three dresses became the girl's three favorite dresses of all time. No one thought we'd have to help her narrow down her options.

Clara is essentially a mindreader with good taste - exactly what you want in a dress shop.

I am one of those brides who can't make up their mind and commit to a dress. After visiting about 6 or 7 different bridal salons and viewing hundreds if not thousands of dresses online I finally found the The Wedding Party. I wanted to save money, but I would have paid more for the "perfect dress" so I had visited high end and value shops but everything about The Wedding Party was just right. It is quaint, cute and intimate. I loved their dress selection (hardly anyone carries a wide selection of Nicole Miller dresses, which I ended up buying) and the owner is sooo sweet. I felt NO pressure to buy after my first visit which probably helped me WANT to buy from them. I have already recommended them to every bride-to-be I've met!