Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

69 Reviews for Francis Lee is The Wedding Gentleman, Wedding Officiant for Greater Seattle

Customized Vows (5)
No Denomination (5)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Non-religious (2)
Rehearsal (2)
Civil Union (1)

Francis is a quality man and a pleasure to work with! He helped make our wedding a truly blessed experience.

Profile Picture warren, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Civil Union

We had the pleasure, that Francis was doing our vow renewal on Aiki Beach in beautiful weather. Simply all what he did was just perfect. We contacted him from Europe, explained him our story and why we wanted to do the ceremony in Seattle. He recommended the location and the restaurant for our dinner afterwards. And he wrote and held an excellent speech, which perfectly fit our emotional perception. Given the fact that we just met him on the day of the ceremony, it was a truly amazing experience which we never will forget!

Profile Picture User7328446, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was very attentive and professional! He is so easy to work with and I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family. He created a personal and thoughtful ceremony for us that we only did minor changes too! He is very open and listens to how you want your ceremony to feel!

Profile Picture Alison, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was great to work with. We wanted to have somewhat non-cookie-cutter vows without having to spend a lot of time and effort working on writing our own from scratch during a very busy time. Francis gave us a lot of options and helped work with us to create a ceremony that we both were very happy with. We also really appreciated how he adjusted the speed of the ceremony to help get us out of the heat without skipping over anything. (It was so hot!) We got a lot of comments after the ceremony from our guests about how much they enjoyed the personal story and how it was a nice touch that they were glad we included, so I would recommend the personal story option from him as well. I thought it was a little embarrassing (our story) but it ended up being pretty cute and I was glad we chose to include it. He was very accommodating and met us in a coffee shop to have a small chat to get to know him before we chose to go with him. Very glad we chose Francis. He was also able to attend our rehearsal dinner, which was very helpful (two days before the ceremony.)

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal

My husband and I loved working with Francis throughout our wedding planing process. He was very kind, patient (with our many revisions) and understanding when it came to what we want and what we do not want to include in our ceremony. He made sure our day was all about us, and not what is usually done or supposed to be done. After the ceremony we've received so many compliments from our guests about how great of a speaker Francis was and how much they loved his personal approach to our ceremony. We highly suggest Francis to all of our friends and now you! Happy planning :)

-Liza & Jimmy

Profile Picture Liza, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed having Francis officiate our wedding! We were looking for a fairly non-religious officiant & Francis was absolutely the perfect find. He did such an amazing job tailoring our ceremony to us specifically, spending the time to get to know us so he could include funny & sweet stories in the ceremony to make it unique & really special. Communication leading up to the day was great, Francis even came to the rehearsal dinner to help orchestrate, and was so easy going on the day-of, even when the inevitable curve-balls sprang up. We received so many compliments on how sweet, touching, and fun the whole thing was that I couldn't be any happier. Francis is great & I would recommend him to anyone looking for an Officiant.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was amazing every step of the way! He kept us on track especially since we were planning the whole wedding ourselves. He would always check-in with us and was very accommodating with all of the last minute changes we made to our ceremony! We really wanted our personalities and relationship to unfold during the ceremony and Francis made sure we were able to execute it perfectly. Our wedding was perfect and it was due to our amazing vendors and breath-taking destination. Thank you Francis!

Profile Picture Sherry, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows

Francis Lee was terrific to work with! He was very warm and open to whatever kind of ceremony we were thinking about having. He worked with us on our extremely tight schedule (we probably hired him a month before the wedding date) to put together a ceremony that was fun and very us. Many of our guests came up to us after the ceremony and commented on how amazing he was and asking where we found him. I highly recommend Francis - he was prompt, funny, and really open to whatever type of wedding you want to have!

Profile Picture Kat, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Having Francis as our officiant made our wedding beautiful with all the suggestions and ideas that truly made that day perfect for us! I highly recommend Francis to all and was a great experience

Profile Picture David, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony

Francis was so wonderful to work with from the start thru the day of the wedding. He was professional and he "got" us from the very beginning. We wanted a ceremony that wasn't too stuffy or formal, but just the right amount of sentimental. He hit all points perfectly. We got the perfect ceremony for us, and several guests came up to us and complimented Francis and how it was the right amount of funny and sweet. I would highly recommend working with Francis!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

Francis made our ceremony so beautiful and memorable. He was very helpful and flexible with creating a personalized ceremony for us. We were very happy, and would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Francis, was the perfect selection for our wedding officiant. Everyone said that our wedding ceremony was the best they had ever been to. He was super funny and kept it extremely interesting. He was very professional in his services before, during, and afterwards. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Francis was a 10/10. He was the first officiant we met with, and we knew he was going to be a great fit for us. Everyone at our ceremony loved him, and he offered such a great, personalized ceremony that was exactly what we had hoped for. Also - Francis is maybe the best deal in all of Seattle. Thank you Francis!

Profile Picture Diana, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was a wonderful choice for our wedding officiant!
He was willing to meet us at a coffee shop near our apartment on a Saturday, and after the first meeting we knew he was the right fit for us! He was professional, organized, open minded and provided us with the information we needed.
Francis also came to our Rehearsal dinner, which was above and beyond! This was a great opportunity for him to get to know us better as a couple as well as get to know our friends and family.
We chose the "Love story" package, so we had another meeting with him a few months before the wedding to go over questions that he had us answer and talk more about what we wanted for our ceremony.
He was always on time, answered emails in a timely manner, and helped guide us through the entire process of obtaining our marriage license/etc.
He presented a personal ceremony, which he worked with us on to create the perfect amount of sentiment and humor.
Thank you Francis!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

From the first moment that I sat down with Francis at a Starbucks and got to know him; I knew that he was going to a good fit for Danielle and I. We had been on the web looking for a good officiant for same sex couples and we got one of the best!
Working with Francis was smooth and perfect. It seemed like every question we had, he was always there to provide an answer. He even add libed a little story about the lighthouse grounds were we got married making it even that much more personal.
Because of Francis our day was made perfect and beautiful.
Tiffany and Danielle August 15, 2015

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was AMAZING! He was SO helpful and informative! One thing I really enjoyed about Francis was that he was energetic. He was never boring and had everyone's attention at all times during my ceremony. He made the wedding specific to my husband and I and made it very clear, he was there for US. Francis is a really good balance between fun and professional. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone. Thank you Francis for being the perfect "Wedding Gentleman"!

Profile Picture User5351727, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were originally going to have a ceremony in another state, but my now husband injured his back and we had to make a quick change to a local wedding. Francis was so great, helpful, and flexible with what we needed and on such short notice. A few days before the ceremony he checked in with us to make sure we had everything in order. The day of the ceremony the Blue Angels flew over the middle of the ceremony and he integrated it in without a hitch and gave our guests a laugh. I recommend him to any and everyone for how easy he was to work with and the quality of service he provided.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We planned our wedding in about two months & Francis was very accommodating with scheduling & getting our vows together. I arrived 30 minutes late & Francis was there, ready to go :) He even worked with our photographer to get the best background for shots during the ceremony. We would highly recommend Francis to anyone who needs someone to make their special day special!

Profile Picture Sumiko, 7/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was very friendly and professional. My husband and I are very happy we chose him as our wedding officiant and we would highly recommend including him in your own celebration. It was a pleasure to have him on our wedding day!

Profile Picture User5305881, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was our first and only choice for an Officiant. He was the consumate professional and provided Henriette and I with all the guidance we needed to make our wedding memorable. Francis took the time to explain the ceremony provided several options for our ceremony from traditional to non-traditional, with his guidance we were able to tailor our wedding to our needs and wants. He was charming and easily approachable to our guests and made all of us feel at ease including myself. We would and will recommend Francis to our friends and family when they are ready to tie the knot.

Sean & Henriette Kuhn

Profile Picture sean, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I loved the way Francis gave us each an individual questionaire. My wife and I were instructed not to show or tell the answers to the questions to each other. Francis took our story and made it fun, funny, and interesting beyond anything I could have imagined. All our guests really really enjoyed the ceremony thanks to Francis. A lot of my friends and family told me it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. It was the best ceremony I have ever been to and I'm not saying that because it was my wedding. It was the best period. Thanks Francis Lee for making the best day of my life even better.

Profile Picture Thane, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My long time partner and I were looking for an actual minister who was very supportive of same sex marriages and after searching online I found Francis Lee. Reading the reviews of previous clients and his upfront support on his web site gave us a really good feeling. We had one initial meeting with Francis and he noted everything we discussed and used it in our ceremony like a pro. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Francis made everyone feel comfortable and was very personable. After the wedding many guests asked us where we found our minister because he was so outstanding. Thank you Francis for making our special day perfect!

Profile Picture Darin, 12/6/14, 1 Review
0.0

Francis did not send our marriage certificate in until 30 days after our wedding. I can no longer refer him to friends because he can not be trusted to finish out his part of the job.

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Francis was wonderful!
My fiance and I were relatively new to the State of Washington, but decided to get married in Seattle. One of the things we were more worried about was the fact that we wouldn't have someone that knew us well as a couple on the West Coast available to act as our officiant. However, we found Francis online and decided to meet!
We exchanged a few emails and then met with Francis and found that we immediately clicked! Francis really took time getting to know Nik and I as a couple and learning what we wanted to portray in our ceremony. He then walked us through the different parts of the ceremony and helped us to craft a very personalized ceremony. We went through several iterations in the months leading up to the wedding as Nik and I were figuring out exactly what we wanted, but Francis was patient and responsive to each question and change we presented to him. He even worked with us to incorporate a "wine-blending ritual" (in place of sand of a unity candle) into our ceremony. In the end, we wound up with what we felt was the PERFECT ceremony.
The final ceremony was exactly what we were looking for! We heard nothing but positive feedback from friends and family and couldn't have been happier with how things worked. Throughout the entire process, we did not feel like we were working with a stranger. Francis made us feel comfortable and captured our personalities perfectly as he delivered our ceremony.
Not only did we love the end result, we also very much enjoyed working with Francis throughout the process. He was very clear, straightforward and communicative. He made the entire process run smoothly and we would whole-heartedly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Jane, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Francis was exactly what we were looking for! We flew from Oklahoma to elope at Rattlesnake Ridge and we only gave him a notice of 4 days. He was quick to respond and even got there early to help guide us through our crazy experience. He helped find a location and was great at calming us down before the ceremony. We loved his choices of vows and his willingness to customize them. He was personable, enthusiastic and intimate during the ceremony, making it an unforgettable moment!

If you want to see our ceremony check it out here! You can see the ceremony at the 9:30 mark.

Wouldn't hesitate recommending Francis to a friend. We are overjoyed he was the officiant of our wedding.

Profile Picture Spenser, 10/3/14, 1 Review